Start by marking “Romancing Mister Bridgerton: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #4.5)” as Want to Read:
Romancing Mister Bridgerton: The 2nd Epilogue (Bridgertons, #4.5)

Romancing Mister Bridgerton: The 2nd Epilogue

(Bridgertons #4.5)

We can't really say more without giving away a big, fat spoiler, but it turns out that Colin is a bit of a meddler, Hyacinth is more of a meddler, and the only time all of the Bridgertons stop talking at once is when Penelope has something really embarrassing to say. Hey, we never said it was easy to marry a Bridgerton, just that it was fun.
Published May 2007 by Harper Collins

To ask other readers questions about Romancing Mister Bridgerton, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Romancing Mister Bridgerton

Exina
Chronologically, the story takes place after the Bridgerton brothers’ search for Eloise when she had run away in To Sir Phillip, With Love. Colin and Penelope are newlyweds, and aside from some sweet thoughts for each other, it is not really their second epilogue, but an additional episode to Eloise’s book, To Sir Phillip, With Love.

Colin and Penelope travel to Romney Hall for Eloise and Phillip’s wedding, where Penelope finally reveals her long-concealed identity to Eloise. It's totally unneces
Erika
“Eloise,” Penelope said, somewhat breathless from trying to shake off Hyacinth.
“Penelope.” But Eloise’s voice sounded curious. Which did not surprise Penelope; Eloise was no fool, and she was well aware that her brother’s normal modes of behavior did not include beatific smiles in her direction.
“Eloise,” Hyacinth said, for no reason Penelope could deduce.
“Hyacinth.”
Penelope turned to her husband. “Colin.”
He looked amused. “Penelope. Hyacinth.”
Hyacinth grinned. “Colin.” And then: “Sir Phillip.”
“L
Astri  Nasthasia Videlia
Nov 10, 2010 rated it really liked it
Baru mulai... Yak!! Mulai!!!! ^^

And yeaah... I'm finished it...

yg gw suka adalah adegan saat....

“Eloise,” Penelope said, somewhat breathless from trying to shake off Hyacinth.
“Penelope.” But Eloise’s voice sounded curious
“Eloise,” Hyacinth said, for no reason Penelope could deduce.
“Hyacinth.”
Penelope turned to her husband. “Colin.”
He looked amused. “Penelope. Hyacinth.”
Hyacinth grinned. “Colin.” And then: “Sir Phillip.”
“Ladies.” Sir Phillip, it seemed, favored brevity.
“Stop!” Eloise burst out.
Michelle J.
Feb 08, 2011 rated it it was ok
While a fine, if very short, amusement, this story was way more about Eloise than Colin and Penelope. I was really hoping for more of their story, but this is not it, and I am left wanting for my favorite brother. Disappointed.
Quinn
Dec 29, 2011 marked it as to-read
Are you kidding me? $6.10? The same price as the full book for the 20-30 page 2nd epilogue? What a disgrace.
Carla *Jen7waters*
Sep 10, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommended to Carla *Jen7waters* by: Elise
"I thought you wanted food!"
"I do, but I want you more."

Filipa
3,5 stars
I can't wait to read Eloise's book!!
MountainKat
Oct 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet story. Different from the other second epilogues as it isn't set into the future, actually set before the original epilogue. Still liked the insight and I can't wait for Eloise's story!
Melissa
Jul 03, 2011 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2011-reads
This was a nice little book. The strength of the novella comes because of my love for the two main characters, Colin and Penelope. I loved them in Romancing Mister Bridgerton, so I was not sad to continue reading about this in this extended epilogue. My only quibble is that I was never really all that interested in the intrigue surrounding the identity of Lady Whistledown. It took up a lot of the main Romancing Mister Bridgerton book, and in this little epilogue the conflict involves revealing P ...more
'maniell Dulay
May 31, 2014 rated it it was amazing
Well, the story wasn't really life-altering or just stupendous in any way, but I found it okay to read. I wasn't really bothered that Eloise didn't get to know Lady Whistledown was Penelope right away. Didn't cross my mind, actually. For me, the excitement wore off during the big revelation, because I cannot imagine any more continuation to the brilliance and romance of it all. But nevertheless, all is well. ;)
steph
Apr 07, 2012 rated it really liked it
This quick read just reminded me why Hyacinth is probably my favorite of the eight siblings and why Penelope is my favorite of the in-laws. And why Violet is the best mother in law ("she mentioned something about grandchildren, we best get on that.."). And yes, I agree with everyone who said this scene needed to happen in the novels and I'm so glad it ended up here.
Madhawee Fernando
Jul 12, 2011 rated it really liked it
I confess that I found it mildly embarassing that I found Julia Quinn's romances so addictive. But then I realized that even though I had buried prince charming a long time ago, I haven't really got over him yet. Needless to say prince charming is very much alive in Quinn's novels though he always turns out to be a reformed rake who takes milk but no sugar in his tea :D :D
Huma Rashid
Nov 29, 2011 rated it it was amazing

(Although, seriously, I wanted to wring Hyacinth's neck. Stupid twit couldn't let Penelope tell her?! It was Penelope's right to divulge the secret, even if it was public knowledge at that point. What mattered was that Eloise didn't know and Hyacinth is a twit.)
Salma
Jan 26, 2016 rated it really liked it
Lovely ending for the happy coupels and a little bit funny
Katherine
Jan 27, 2011 rated it it was amazing
So fun to revisit Colin and Penelope. My two favorites of the series.
Asrina Maharani
Jan 16, 2011 rated it really liked it
ah, how I wish this more about Colin instead of Eloise.
to Colin, "We love you, fool ravenous brother!"
Patricia’s Book Summaries
Dec 04, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Nhi Nguyễn
This novella serves more as a prologue for the fifth novel in the Bridgerton series, To Sir Phillip, With Love, than as the epilogue for Romancing Mister Bridgerton. I think it was good, but I'm not a big fan of it, since this novella deals more with Eloise's wedding than the actual married life of Colin and Penelope. However, the ending won me, because I could read some more about the swoon-worthy lovebirds Colin and Penelope ^^ Ahhhhh, they were so sweet :D
Brenda
Feb 28, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: okay, meh, so-plain
I don't know why I always expect more from this couple. Maybe it's because Colin is my favourite Bridgerton and Penelope is one of my favourites but as a couple mmh... It lacks something, I don't know but I still adore them.
Deon Fincher
Feb 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite romance book of all time. I have read and re-read it to the point of dilapidation. As a romance writer, if I can inject the humor that Quinn does in her stories, I will have reached my highest standard. Do not hesitate to pick up and read this gem!
Irina
Aug 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
This epilogue is pretty good. I really wanted a scene where Eloise finds out Penelope's secret, so I'm glad we got it.
Fiona Hocking
These books are quite addictive. Definitely a guilty pleasure.
Reese
Oct 30, 2018 rated it liked it
**2.5 stars**
Sandra
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: audiobook
Without reading the actual book you be completely lost reading this one 1st just like I did 🙁
Lynnet
Aug 05, 2018 rated it it was ok
Better than the previous two, but this author clearly has certain tropes that just don't work for me, so I think I'm done with this series for the forest future.
Alyce Caswell
May 01, 2019 rated it liked it
An amusing short story, though I didn't appreciate the spoilers given that I'm reading book 5 next!
Michelle
Aug 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
A nice sneek peak at what happens after the happily ever after.
Valancy
It was included in the main paperback book I got out of the library.
Olanrewaju Olarinde
Feb 20, 2017 rated it did not like it
not a very good epilogue. quite boring.
mizlanah
Jul 28, 2012 rated it really liked it
4 stars

A very short story from Colin and Penelope except this time it isn't about romance (slightly there is) but it's about revealing the truth and seeking forgiveness from her dear friend Eloise.

Penelope is Eloise's best friend, married to one of the Bridgerton men and that's Colin, and she's the famous Lady Whistledown.

So, on Eloise's wedding day, Penelope decided to tell her best friend of something crucial and hoping she could ask for forgiveness from her but she was worried she would ruin
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Romance Book Budd...: Today! Quinn-athon continues, Romancing.... 32 9 14 minutes ago

• A Hathaway Wedding (The Hathaways, #2.5)
  • Storming the Castle (Fairy Tales, #1.5)
  • England's Perfect Hero (Lessons in Love, #3)
  • The Perfect Lover (Cynster, #10)
  • Unlocked (Turner, #1.5)
  • The Lesson Plan (Lords of Lancashire #1)
  • One Night with a Prince (Royal Brotherhood, #3)
  • The Ice Princess (Princes Trilogy, #3.5)
  • Surrender to the Devil (Scoundrels of St. James, #3)
#1 New York Times bestselling author Julia Quinn loves to dispel the myth that smart women don't read (or write) romance, and and if you watch reruns of the game show The Weakest Link you might just catch her winning the $79,000 jackpot. She displayed a decided lack of knowledge about baseball, country music, and plush toys, but she is proud to say that she aced all things British and literary, an ...more

Bridgertons (8 books)
  • The Duke and I (Bridgertons, #1)
  • The Viscount Who Loved Me (Bridgertons, #2)
  • An Offer From a Gentleman (Bridgertons, #3)
  • Romancing Mister Bridgerton (Bridgertons, #4)
  • To Sir Phillip, With Love (Bridgertons, #5)
  • When He Was Wicked (Bridgertons, #6)
  • It's in His Kiss (Bridgertons, #7)
  • On the Way to the Wedding (Bridgertons, #8)
“It's only through sheer force and luck that she's yet to take over the world.” 60 likes
“I’ve already instructed the
others to keep their mouths shut.”
“Even Hyacinth?” Penelope asked doubtfully.
“Especially Hyacinth.”
“Did you bribe her?” Violet asked. “Because it won’t work unless you
bribe her.”