Start by marking “Fill Me (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #0.5)” as Want to Read:
Fill Me (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #0.5)

Fill Me

(Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll 0.5)

3 friends. 1 band. Fate starts here.

A garage band drummer who can’t keep her boyfriend satisfied.
A bassist who’s performing on darker stages than the musical kind, and can’t tell his BFF.
A lead singer who can’t seem to hold the headliner spot in his own friendships.

It’s just one more dive bar gig, but tonight, all the band’s secrets are coming out.

This prequel is a short-s
Published January 4th 2018 by Pronoun

To ask other readers questions about Fill Me, please sign up.
Michelle Nope! You can read Fill Me and A Cruel Kind of Beautiful in any order you please- they both stand alone just fine. Chronologically, the events of Fill…moreNope! You can read Fill Me and A Cruel Kind of Beautiful in any order you please- they both stand alone just fine. Chronologically, the events of Fill Me take place before A Cruel Kind of Beautiful. But if you want the author's opinion, I think the ideal reading order is meeting the characters in A Cruel Kind of Beautiful and then finding out more about them in Fill Me. However, if you want a cheaper way to try out the series (Fill Me is only 99 cents!) then it's totally cool to read the prequel first. Basically, you can't go wrong with reading order here. (less)

Maria11
Ok prequel

Interesting prequel. I am up for reading the series to see what will happen. Everyone has lots of issues. I wonder how they are going to play out
Naughty Mom Story Time
Mar 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a sweet little treat. A quick read that helped me understand the characters a bit more. I already loved them after reading A Cruel Kind of Beautiful, so this prequel was a tasty morsel to snack on before getting started on the next book in the series, Playing the Pauses.

There were a few bits of info about Jax, Jera and especially Danny that I couldn’t have imagined and now that Danny’s story is next, I’m even more excited to get started.
Jody
Fans of rockstar romances will enjoy this slice of life glimpse into an indie band on the cusp of fame. It’s a quick read but one that gives an entertaining introduction to the members of The Red Letters that will charm as well as entice. Once the final page is turned readers will be left clamoring for more and waiting in breathless anticipation for each of them to take center stage.

Having just finished the first book in the Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll series I found myself utterly charmed by
Sandra
Dec 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Before Jera met Jacob and The Red Letters had a peek at what it means to be rock stars, Jera, Danny, and Jax were just another garage band playing the club circuit. Fill Me is a sweet, little present to readers from author Michelle Hazen that offers a snapshot of our favorite band before and after a club appearance.

One of my favorite things about this series is how real Hazen keeps it. From hauling their own equipment to sneaking drinks because they're underage, Fill Me is a window to a "day in
Katie Golding
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved Cruel Kind of Beautiful so getting to read the prequel was super cool!!! A fun look into the backstory of the characters, some surprise twists, and much hotter than I knew could be accomplished in a novella! Definitely recommend!
Prajnashree
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017-reads
I absolutely loved Jax and Danny. Also Jera. I can't wait for Jax and Danny's individual books. I absolutely love the writing style like all her other books.

Thanks so much for the early copy.
Michelle
Jan 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Fill Me by Michelle Hazen

I am voluntarily reviewing this arc.

This is a tasty little tid bit NOT to be missed. I’m legitimately fanning myself recalling some of the scenes in this book. Fill me starts out so completely..um hot is to tame a word, you get my meaning, that I didn’t expect the depth. We get to know Jera’s story in the first book, this is a .5, so now we get to know in depth her band mates, Jax and Danny. I didn’t think that I could love them more, I was wrong. It’s just a glimpse...b
Sierra
Mar 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I succumbed to my own peer pressure and bought this one (I’m supposed to be on a book buying ban LOL) and I’m not mad about it. I love the characters in this series so much and being able to catch this little glimpse into both Danny and Jax’s lives were awesome! I feel like we didn’t spend nearly enough time with either though. If maybe this book rounded out to 100 pages I’d feel more satisfied? I’m not sure. But I do know I’m about to buy book 2 in this series because I have no self control
Eliza
Sep 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I had originally started with Cruel Kind of Beautiful but a reader on Twitter told me about this prequel...and I’m so glad they did! This short story about Danny, Jax, & Jera gave me some good insight going forward into the series. You hit around the 30% mark and the story goes into ‘O RLY?!?’ territory that I was not expecting. Looking forward to getting (back) into Cruel Kind if Beautiful. Love the author’s voice and the twists/turns her narrative takes!
Rhonda
Apr 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really surprised!! In a good way

I tried to read The Vampire Dairies but couldn't get through it.
But.... Not This one!!! I tired again and I must say it it rocks! 👏 !!!!

I am definitely going to read this series!! Her writing was spot on. Characters well developed, sex well..steamy and actualized!! Michelle keep writing!!
Arielle Lilley
Feb 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The prequel to A Cruel Kind of Beautiful is a quick read, but a must read - ESPECIALLY if you plan on reading book 2, Playing The Pauses. It sets the story for all of the band members in a way that you would not have seen them otherwise.
Natalie Casey
Jun 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I read this after read the first book, and I'm so happy Michelle Hazen wrote this! It's a great insight into how Danny, Jera, and Jax started out their band. I loved getting to know more about them!
sorry it took so long to post my review, I totally thought I already did it!😬😂😂
Teresa Jensen
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love this series.

A look into who these 3 rockers are and letting us into there thoughts. Danny, really? I had no idea. Jax is deeper than his pretty face let's on, and of course Jera is confused and sad. Read on.
Judy Rinehimer
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Reading the PREQUEL after the book makes it hard to critique. This quick read provides the reader with character profiles of the members of an indie band. We learn the background of their "issues".
Coralee Corrigan
Jan 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it
Jules Lennon
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love it

Loved the insight to the beginning of this rockstar journey. It has always been a favorite genre of mine, I'll be continuing in the series!
Samantha
Jul 13, 2018
Tara
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I thought that this book was interesting. Told from 3 different POVs. Though it is a little short it left me wanting to know more about the characters in the next book.
Edith  Lalonde
Blue
Dec 12, 2018
Neepa Shah-chittur
Jan 25, 2019
Michelle Hazen is a nomad with a writing problem. Years ago, she and her husband ducked out of the 9 to 5 world and moved into their truck. She found her voice with the support of the online fanfiction community, and once she started typing, she never looked back. She has written most of her books in odd places, including a bus in Thailand, an off-the-grid cabin in the Sawtooth Mountains, a golf c ...more

Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll (3 books)
  • A Cruel Kind of Beautiful (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #1)
  • Playing the Pauses (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #2)
  • Insatiable (Sex, Love, and Rock & Roll, #3)