Start by marking “Bell's Knock Knock Birthday” as Want to Read:
Bell's Knock Knock Birthday

Bell's Knock Knock Birthday

Bell is having a birthday, and all their friends and family are coming to celebrate! A simple counting book with lots of noises to make alone or together as the guests arrive with gifts and treats for the birthday Bell.
Published 2017 by Flamingo Rampant

To ask other readers questions about Bell's Knock Knock Birthday, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Bell's Knock Knock Birthday

Danika at The Lesbrary
Nov 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Of all the Flamingo Rampant books, I think this is the one that has the most classic picture book format. Bell is having a birthday party! Who comes to the door, and what do they bring? It's a counting book: FOUR bottles of homemade soda (FIZZ! POP! POP!), FIVE seedlings to plant. (GROW! GROW!), a rainbow flag with SIX colours (SWISH! SWISH!). It doesn't have a plot, it just shows this giant, diverse, queer family. Kids may miss that Bell goes by "they" pronouns. The room fills with people with ...more
Marika
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a truly fantastic book. I can't tell you how often I end up using it with various students.

It's definitely best for read alouds. Some of the vocabulary is likely to be harder for beginning readers to decode, but the plot and story line is still one that any child should have an easy time following. There are also a variety of "sound effects" that are perfect to have the kids chime in on and read together.

The illustrations are also absolutely gorgeous, super detailed and something that I
Saoirse
Dec 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fun counting book about a nonbinary kid and their friends and family.

We received a copy about a week ago and since then the preschoolers have been requesting it pretty much every day. I've even seen one of the three-year-olds 'reading' it to her friends.

This is the kind of book I've been saying the world needs for years: inclusive without making inclusivity the Point Of The Story; fun and developmentally-appropriate for very young kids. Sometimes it feels like queer picture books are written
Mary
rated it it was ok
Dec 27, 2017
Em
May 24, 2019
Dylan
Apr 11, 2018
Elizabeth
The illustrations here are really busy. It's ostensibly a counting book (at least that's one of the things going on), but I found it difficult to focus on the numbered items as they were introduced because so much else was already going on in the background.

I do like how the poster over the door changes with each spread :)
Andrea