Start by marking “The Wonder of You (A Different Kind of Wonderland, # 1)” as Want to Read:
The Wonder of You (A Different Kind of Wonderland, # 1)

The Wonder of You

(A Different Kind of Wonderland #1)

4.01  ·  Rating details ·  73 Ratings  ·  42 Reviews
What if Alice didn’t fall down the rabbit hole, but instead, traveled through
Lincoln Tunnel into another kind of Wonderland:
New York City.

Alice Leighton may have stopped chasing rabbits a long time ago, but that doesn’t mean she’s not up for some grown up adventures. What’s not part of her Alice 2.0 plan: losing her head – and heart – to the rugged and enigmatic Dare Gran
Published February 13th 2018 by Harper Kincaid Romance

To ask other readers questions about The Wonder of You, please sign up.
JG Rayna or Caroline but mostly Rayna, she gives me this great queen of hearts vibe so really, really curious how her story will work out

Zoe
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy, sweet, and adorably sassy!

The Wonder of You is a delightful, character-driven rom-com set in the idyllic streets of New York City that introduces you to the intelligent, spunky, doctoral student Alice and the intense, mysterious, artist Dare as they discover firsthand the power of attraction and love at first sight.

The prose is witty and whimsical. The characterization is spot on with an incredible cast of characters who are unique, feisty, intriguing, and endearing. And the plot using a c
Tianna✸loves books✸
Alice meets Dare while getting out of a cab which Dare is going in. They have quite a banter wherein she forgets her purse in the cab. Dare is already attracted to this snarky woman and after seeing the contents of the purse (view spoiler) he decides to pursue her. But she turns him down but he chases her.

Alice studies human sexuality. She needs to have sex asap for case study purpose. So she comes up with a plan. She makes Dare her lab rat. That is, sexual r
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

The Wonder of You by Harper Kincaid was refreshing, fun, sexy, and hard to put down.

Alice Leighton is new to New York and working on her doctorate in clinical psychology and human sexuality while living with her sister and enjoying their small group of very intriguing friends. While moving in she gets into a bit of a verbal altercation with a mesmerizing man, little does she know that he will change her world in more ways than one.

Well known in the art world, Dare Grangeworth is trying to move
books are love
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was sweet with sass and feistiness throughout that just entertains and has you smiling.

Alice is so cute and feisty. She is visiting her sister and she doesn’t go all doe eyed for Dare. In fact she puts him in his place and in a way challenges him. We do see what many see NY to be...rude, in a hurry and uncaring. but there is always more to meet the eye..

For Dare he is intrigued by Alice at first.She doesn’t fall for his charms or fawn all over him...She gives as good as she gets to him and
Sarah - Musings of the Modern Belle
***AVAILABLE NOW - FULL REVIEW***

4 Wonderland Crowns

The Wonder of You is my first Harper Kincaid book, and it was really enjoyable. It is fast-paced, insta-lust/love, and is very low in the angst department. If you are looking for a light and fun romance, then this is the book for you.

Dare and Alice, from the very beginning, have the banter down pat. Their verbal sparring creates intrigue and sets up some insane sexual attraction. Dare, unlike many other heroes, wants it all, though, and his bac
Sofia Lazaridou
Feb 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I am going to go with 3.5 stars for this book. I didn't exactly like it, but I didn't dislike it either, so I don't know where to place this book in my mind. I was a little thrown off by the very enthusiastic feminist stuff in the beginning of the novel and maybe that's the reason I wasn't able to connect to the story. At some point I thought that Alice's sister and friends are good characters and I would like to read their books, so the book wasn't that bad. Ingrid was also a good character and ...more
JG

In this modern adaptation of Alice in Wonderland, the heroine falls into the magic of New York City and the arms of the City's famous bad boy artist. But unbeknownst to them, they'll both tumble into the wondrous adventure of falling in love.

Meet Alice, graduate student in clinical psychology taking up human sexuality, recently moved into the crazy but magical New York City, joining her sister and her own band of very interesting and lovable friends. But when she decided to just finish
Louise Roach
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Wonder of You is a wonderful modern day adaptation of Alice in Wonderland. Cleverly written, the story flows with perfection, a great plot and fantastic characters. My first book by Harper Kincaid and definitely not my last!

Alice Leighton is 25, and just moved to New York to finish her degree. Joining her sister who she is extremely close to and their close nit circle of friends. When Alice leaves her handbag with all her worldly belongings in a cab, she is relieved to find it returned to h
⚜️Trea
FTC DISCLAIMER: I RECEIVED AN E-ARC FROM THE PUBLISHER THROUGH INKSLINGER PR. I ALSO PURCHASED A COPY FOR MYSELF AT MY OWN COST! I VOLUNTARILY OFFER MY HONEST REVIEW OF THE BOOK, THOUGH IT IS NOT EXPECTED OF ME! RECEIPT OF THIS BOOK IN THIS MANNER DOES NOT AFFECT MY OPINION OF THE BOOK OR THE CONTENT OF MY REVIEW!

I don't believe that I have read this author before now, so I was unsure what to expect when I finally sat down with it. I really didn't see it much like the Alice in Wonderland story,
Catty Jane
May 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
****4 STARS****
****ARC Received for Honest Review****

I really enjoyed this book, it wasn’t heavy, it didn’t make me overthink what was going on with the characters or read in between the lines. I loved the banter between Dare and Alice, and how Alice does not want anything Dare is offering, and Dare has never heard the word no, and Alice is a force that he has never encountered, never experienced…..and he wants a taste of that, but he has a feeling a taste won’t be enough, and that is something
Phyl
Feb 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was told this author writes rom com but dirty and sexy and it most certainly was that. I love rom com the hilarious banter between the main characters throw in dirty and sexy this read is a winner
Samanthe Beck
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Kincaid delivers a contemporary twist on Alice in Wonderland that is sassy, sexy fun! The chemistry and banter between Alice and Dare was the stuff of magic, and NYC makes a modern day wonderland. I absolutely loved it!!
Hanna Salta
Feb 21, 2018 rated it liked it
This was cute but way too short!
Kim
Find this review and more at kimberlyfaye reads.

As soon as I saw the cover and blurb for The Wonder of You, I knew I had to read it. I'd never read any of Harper's books before, but this one sounded way too good to pass up. I was all in for this book as soon as I hit the second page. Alice was amazing and sassy in the way she stood up to the (then) stranger who was trying to take her cab and I developed a total girl crush. I love a sassy heroine who has no problem standing up for herself.

I've
Nicole
From the first sentence of this book, I was hooked on the story of "Dixie" and "City".

Alice is recently relocated to New York to complete her master's degree, and while she might be fresh from the south, she's no shrinking violet. She's got her small circle of support (older sister Caroline, and friends Rayna and Lulu). They've all got each other's backs, providing support and being the shoulder to cry on when needed.

Dare is the celebrated wunderkind of the art world, but don't let that fool you
Laurie
Feb 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh my lord, I freaking loved this book!!!! With the Wonder of You, Harper Kincaid has woven an absolutely brilliant reimagining of Alice’s adventures in Wonderland.

This Alice is all manner of sass, who is starting anew in New York City, the absolute perfect backdrop for this story. While she might be new there, she has a strong cast of sisterhood, each of whom will have fascinating stories to tell. But I digress......on her own, Alice is herself a woman you want to know, she is beyond smart, bu
Lisa
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arcs
The Wonder of You by Harper Kincaid is the first book in her brand new series, A Different Kind of Wonderland . A modern day take on Alice in Wonderland.

We first meet our Southern Belle, Alice, bent over in a cab gathering her belongings getting ready to move in to her sisters apartment. She is basically heckled by the next customer in line for the cab. When she gives him as much crap as he gives her, still bent over gathering things from said cab, she is surprised, once she backs out and bump
Jennifer (random jendsmit)
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
How can you read the description of this book and not want to pick it up right away?! I was hooked from the beginning. I loved these characters. I really enjoyed getting to know them through the story. I liked how balanced they were. They book flips between them and I really enjoyed that part of the writing.

I think this is the first book by Harper Kincaid I've ready, and it will most definitely NOT by my last! I really liked her writing style and the way she crafted and told the story. Her char
Tina Lynne
Feb 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
When I first read the synopsis of this book, I was very much intrigued and excited to read this book from a "new to me" author. I love retellings of classic tales and a modern day Alice in Wonderland meets bustling NYC sounded like just the ticket. Overall this is a quick and enjoyable read. I will admit that there are parts I wished were more flushed out and expanded on, but the story is fun and flirty, while hitting on some interesting subjects I was not expecting.

Alice is a spunky female lea
Lynn Reynolds
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished-reading
Alice Leighton certainly knows how to stand up for herself – and I liked that about her. Dare Grangeworth has been outed about his attitude. There were several characters that made enough of an appearance that I can’t wait to see who makes it to book two.

There’s plenty of quizzical parrying going back and forth between these two – kept me very entertained. The author is good to her readers that you know from the very beginning what tale this book is based on. But she does a great job in making t
RaeLatte
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Wonder of You by Harper Kincaid is a wonderland that satisfies your deepest desires. With a clever balance of humor, intoxicating charm, witty banter and a healthy dose of spice, this story is a must for any reader that is ready to be pulled down the rabbit hole. I promise the journey is worth it, when you return, you will be changed forever. It's a story that cheers you on to do the one thing you always wanted to but were too afraid to do. It's your turn to be like Alice, are you ready?

New
Jazmyne Kaylee (Ramblings of a Bookworm)
The Wonder of You plays on the idea of Alice in Wonderland and is set in the streets of New York. We meet Alice, who is a doctoral student and Dare, the artist. These two meet as Alice is exiting a cab and Dare. When Alice shows her spunk, Dare is intrigued and decides to pursue her. She turns him down, but that doesn’t stop him.

I did enjoy the characters, although I would’ve liked to see a little more development. What I loved about Alice was that she didn’t simply cow to Dare’s ego, she sort
Konny
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Wonder Of You by Harper Kinkaid is the first book in A Different Kind of Wonderland Series.
The Wonder of You is a sweet romance, a stand alone with a beautiful HEA.
I love stories with sassy heroines who put the hero in his place, love them !
Meet Alice Leighton, shes a 25 year old and "NY er in training". Shes deep roots in the south and now shes rooming with her sister Caroline.
On her way moving in she gets " harassed " by a rugged, enigmatic, used to get what he wants infuriating man, Dare
WycEd Reader
Check out our The Wonder of You Blog Tour post on Wicked Reads.

Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Mary Jo – ☆☆☆
I really wanted to like this book, but it just didn't happen for me. I generally like the characters, but the emphasis on Alice and her sister's southern accents put me off. Don't get me wrong, I love southern accents, but it was commented on a little too much.

As for Dare, he was a bit of a stereotype, and even after his major angst was revealed, I still didn't feel as though I
Zoe Forward
Jun 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
No it’s not a PNR. It’s a light, funny romantic comedy. Fast-paced with entertaining banter, it loosely uses the Alice in Wonderland concept. Alice, clin psych grad student just moved to NYC to finish her degree. This is one girl who has no problem standing up for herself and doing so in a southern belle way that lays down the smackdown, but with that sweet smile. Then she meets Dare, a celebrated artist. Liked this guy because he felt real and, perhaps, unlike many stories, he didn’t sleep arou ...more
Mary
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: wicked
I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

As for Dare, he was a bit of a stereo-type and even after his major angst was revealed, I still didn't feel as though I knew the real story of what made him tick.

The
Jackie Lane
Mar 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Wonder of You is a breath of fresh air.

It has quotes from Alice in Wonerland and lots of fun, sass, charm and a total romantic comedy infused with Southern Charm.

Alice meets Dare as he is pushing her out of a cab to grab it for himself. In her haste, Alice leaves her cell phone behind. Dare realizes it is her phone and is curious and there the story begins.

Dare is used to being chased by women, and now he is the one doing the chasing and trying to get to Alice.

Alice attempt to avoid Dare, un
Sara
Feb 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars!

This book is just fun all around! A sassy, witty heroine who puts the hero in his place right from the start. A hero who is undeniably sexy and infuriating, but man he talks a good game! The spark is ignited and the flame burns bright people! Harper Kincaid's writing is fun, flirty and effortless. The story is sweet with just the right amount of unexpectedness that you won't be able to put it down!
Rose Red
Feb 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Good so far, writing style is super smart. Though I Just have to stop reading it for a minute to write this because it has some ageism that really sucks (any other gorgeous, with it, 40 yr women out there feel me on this one?) Implying we are not cool enough to know to text someone is insulting son. Punk rock is STILL fucking cool even 50 years later young whipper snapper. Get with it.
Karen
Feb 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
I liked it. I felt both main characters could of been expanded just a bit more especially Dare.

I liked secondary characters so perhaps I'll see Dare and Alice again too.
« previous 1 3 next »
A woman with the heart of a revolutionary,
The mind of a pragmatist,
And the inappropriate humor of your tipsy BFF.