Start by marking “Love Potion (Ariel Kimber, #2)” as Want to Read:
Love Potion (Ariel Kimber, #2)

Love Potion

(Ariel Kimber #2)

Ariel Kimber is a seventeen year old girl who has recently discovered she is no ordinary girl.

She's a witch and she's got magic.

Her world is turned upside down with this discovery and the recent death of a parent.
She struggles to learn the way of the world of magic while mourning for her hideous mother and trying to find her place amongst her coven.
It's not easy bein
Published November 3rd 2017

To ask other readers questions about Love Potion, please sign up.
Mellissa I just checked her Facebook and she submitted it to Amazon and it does say it can take up to 72 hours to be available for purchase. I checked its not …moreI just checked her Facebook and she submitted it to Amazon and it does say it can take up to 72 hours to be available for purchase. I checked its not there yet but hopefully soon.(less)
GabrielaYacoub She wrote on her facebook that L.P. got pushed back to Friday (11/03).

Start your review of Love Potion (Ariel Kimber, #2)
Brittain *Needs a Nap and a Drink*
At what point is this series actually going to make sense?

At what point is Ariel going to get her shit figured out and actually start playing a role in her own life? All she does is wait for things to happen to her and then bitch and moan about all the bad shit. Yes, things are tough.

(view spoiler)
Ghadeer A
Was so full of fillers it was tiring really ..pages upon pages of her inner monologue and nothing really happened. Very disjointed

She did not learn to be a witch nor does she know anything about her powers..her relationship with the guys does not make sense because one minute she wants them the next she is appalled at the idea they will share her ..she mourned the death of a person who tortured her her whole life and she keeps running like it is going to solve anything and it’s not even part of
Princess J. Antoinette
Well umm... I'm not as pleased with this book as I was with the first one. I didn't realize how much of Ariel's internal monologue was going to eventually get on my last nerves. She's also a contradiction unto herself. I mean like one minute she's has this nice and sweet disposition and the next she's kinda a b*tch. At times I'm getting total whiplash from her attitude with the guys and with Mr. Cole. I mean geesh, Mary Martel, come on pick a personality here...

Overall I do love the guys, espec
Marguerite (M)
Rating : 4 stars

Reread with the publication of book 3~

- I really like Dash ;
- the Chucky drama really got out of hand & I didn't like it ;
- I really like Binx ;
-Ariel is a bit of a doormat but i can't wait to see her grow some more backbone ;
- but the rock in the face was seriously messed up ;
- No, everything was messed up,period. from the characters to their actions ;
- They're all fucking crazy ;
- Perv Uncle Quint is definitely the most fucked up. He's hot. And scary ;
- I'm really liking this s
Paula
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
For those who care... this series will include M/M action. I know the author doesn't say it, so there you go. (view spoiler)

Simply amazing. I had really high expectations for this book and Mary didn't let me down.

This is one of those books you can't stop looking at the kindle position because you don't want to finish it.

I'm glad that we get to know the men more and there was some skinship.

But the downfall is that there's no release date f
Em
Jul 29, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mf-paranormal, rh
I don't think I've ever disliked an MC more than I do Ariel. I've tried to overlook her bratty behaviour, her quickness to anger, and proneness to throwing temper tantrums but it's become unbearable. Like she literally threw a rock at one of the guy's faces and made him bleed... was that supposed to be cute? Because domestic violence is NEVER cute. I'm still diving into the next book to see if it has any redeemable qualities, but I'm not holding my breath. ...more
Debbie
The flow of this book was a little better than the first, still a lot of redundancy though. How many times do we need to hear about how canary yellow is her favorite color?? I skimmed the inner monologues again (all very redundant in nature), the story line is good (when you can pick through all the monologues). Quality over quantity, in my book :)

I am going to go on to the next book, and probably skim through a lot of it as well, since the story its self is pretty good!
Jennifer G
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ariel Kimber has had a rough life that has turned upside down the last few months. Her no-good, abusive mother found a rich boyfriend and uprooted her to move in with him making Ariel a target for the high schoolers. Ariel found out that she has magic and as a rare female witch will be part of a coven and "be with" all of the males in the coven. Then her mother was caught trying to drown her and killed herself. Now her mom's boyfriend is moving to be closer to his family and Ariel must make a de ...more
Autumn Miller ~ autumnbookreads
4.75 Stars
I really liked this installment in the Ariel Kimber series. It constantly had my attention and I did not want to put it down. I devoured this book and this it only made me love this series more.
I like Ariel. The way she thinks is a different and seeing her point of view is intriguing. She has gone through some really hard times in her life and each time she tells a story about her childhood, my heart breaks for her. I am so glad that she found the guys and she has someone that will l
CeCe
I paid $3.99 for this book. It is not available on KU, but I have no regrets paying that much.
Ariel is still learning about being a witch. She has learned some things about her "mom" Vivian. She is also learning a little bit more and more about the seven guys in her life.
Wordy at times, but I still want to keep reading.

I am not sure how some from the school is not checking as to why a 17 year old is not in high school anymore.

This is a slow burn romance between the heroine and the heroes. There
Lori
Nov 07, 2017 rated it really liked it
More please!

Love Potion was an amazing addition to Ariel's story. She went through a traumatic event... Okay multiple events... Watching her grow as a character was awesome! Getting to know her boys better was perfect. Watching them all start their journey of coming together made me even more excited for the next installment of Ariel's story!
Great Job Mary!!!
Lissa Hawley
Nov 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Still enjoying the story and the characters, but this one felt a little rushed. And lots of typos.
Shriya
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was ok
Mellissa
Nov 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it! Perfect sequel! This author knows how to make you want more! I really want book 3!
Sam Suppinger
Anna
Well, that was definitely an interesting turn of events.

Seeing as how Ariel couldn't exactly tell people that her mother was dead, everyone just sort of assumed that Vivian took off and left her daughter behind (not really a stretch). Because of this new development and the fact that his brother just died, Mr. Cole decided to finally sell his house and move closer to his family. And he wants to take Ariel with him.

While the first book was pretty good, I think I liked this one better. Here we go
Kristi
Nov 10, 2017 rated it liked it
Skimmed and skipped

I'm a little disappointed in this book. I found myself skimming and skipping through several pages, just to get past the same, redundant scene. She talks to one of the guys, insert angst and Ariel being needy, and repeat several times. I really wanted to see her mature and grow in this book, but she's still very immature (throwing a ROCK, albeit a small rock, at Quintin's face?!), and timid. And if she does this one more time, I'm gonna throw my Kindle: "I sat down and pulled
Spax
Nov 05, 2017 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: kindle, reverse-harem
Pedo vibes intensifies.

Ariel feeling awkward IN HER OWN BEDROOM because she was forced to have another guy stay there.

Ariel, the barely turned 17, getting told by a 20+ yo dude she will be forced in the future to have sex with multiple guys (of which at least 2 of them she feels uncomfortable and wants nothing to do with) and she'll have no choice in it because "that's the way it is" ಠ_ಠ

Ariel apologizing for everything and the guys apologizing for nothing.
Melinda ~ Twinsie Talk
This series has grabbed me and is not letting go. The first book was good but I enjoyed this one even more.

I am enjoying learning more and more about the covens and each of the guys. I am excited to see how each one will develop a relationship with Ariel and it is sure to be different for each of them.

I cannot wait for more of this series and so ready for book three.
Lucy at Rain and Cupcakes Book Blog
Nov 26, 2017 rated it did not like it
Shelves: dnf
DNF @ 50%

To be honest I skimmed through those 50%, and thought nothing progressed in the story plot. I found myself bored and felt the magic actions from the guys were quite juvenile. I couldn’t connected with any of the characters, even though I tried I just couldn’t bring myself to finish reading this book.
Puna
Aug 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rh, magic
I like this series. It's interesting and the themes in this book are great. The characters are all crazy on some level, I like it because there's truth in that. I can't wait to read the next installment. I hope the next book will dive more into magic and less into teenage drama.

Overall: 3.5/5
taveena kade
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: rh-ménage
Such an amazing story-I absolutely love Ariel and the guys, and I can’t wait for Blood Magic to release!
Jennifer G
Nov 12, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: reverse-harem
Missy Brown
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I am so loving this series! Ariel and the guys, may I add all seven of them, completely have me invested. Ariel has gone through so much, and is continually dealing with past trauma, figuring out her magic, new complications and growing attractions make for interesting reading.

In Love Potion we start off with Ariel just returning from a break with Mr. Cole. They have just returned from burying his brother. She has been having no contact with the guys, trying to process all that she has been thro
Crazy Obsession Book Club
Love Potion is book 2 in the Ariel Kimber series by Mary Martel. This series is about a girl who just finds out that she is special, that she has magic. This fact makes her extremely important as the race of witches only currently have 3 other known females.

Her coven Tyson and his Uncle Quinton, Abel and Addison, the twins, Julian, Dash, and Damien all have to decide if Ariel is who they want.

Love Potion starts off with the aftermath of the accidental death of Ariel's mother, Vivian. You would t
Mabel
Sep 22, 2020 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
If “Brothers of the Flame” hadn’t already soured me to the Ariel Kimber experience this book would have done it all by itself with the rock throwing scene. I would have been willing to overlook it if the book had bothered to explore why a victim of domestic violence would herself, under stress, commit the same atrocities visited upon her, but the book treats it as a cute interaction that embarrasses Ariel while making others chuckle.

I am not okay with that.

I am also not okay with – again – the s
Nicole Namen
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Just as good as the first book!!!

Finally!!! I’ve been waiting for this book for forever, and it definitely was worth the wait!!! Ariel is so so sweet and lovable and totally understand why the brothers love her. Quinton is so sexy and hardcore; I love all their scenes together, especially the kiss! Ty was so adorable when he slept in her bed and chased away her nightmares. The twins nearly broke my heart when they saw Ariel again in her room and almost walked away, but I love how close they are
Alexandra
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love this book

Honestly I love this series but I go back and forth between hating and loving Ariel. Her and I aren't so different in the things that have happened in our lives and sometimes her reactions really make me angry because it feels like a slap in the face. Her reactions are exactly the way people believe you should react to horrible situations instead of growing and flourishing, (which is totally possible when terrible things happen to you or you are loving with terrible things) she i
Jessica
Feb 14, 2021 rated it really liked it
Toma
I liked it but that was it. I mean it was not awe-inspiring. Several things worried me.

Quinton. Kudos to the author for not selecting a harem of handsome, brooding, 'right' men. Quinton is essentially your biggest nightmare and someone you want on your side. He does have god intentions, but some of his actions are simply creepy. I am still undecided whether he is redeemable and his actions are justified.

I am still unconvinced by their wish to keep Ariel. Motivations are very much unclear. For ex
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Free Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #2)
  • Smile Like You Mean It
  • Bound Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #1)
  • Whispers From The Dead (The Veil Diaries, #4)
  • Her Reasons (Reasons, #1)
  • Save Spirit (The Bound Spirit, #3)
  • The Cardinal Bird (The Cardinal, #1)
  • The Terrible Gift (Empath Found, #1)
  • When To Fear The Living (The Veil Diaries, #3)
  • Cardinal of Hope (The Cardinal, #3)
  • When Evil Comes To Play (The Veil Diaries, #5)
  • Reviving Kendall (White Trash Trilogy, #1)
  • Finding the Fire Within (Seaside Wolf Pack, #2)
  • When the Dead Come A Knockin' (The Veil Diaries, #2)
  • When the Dead Come Home (The Veil Diaries, #8)
  • Cardinal Caged (The Cardinal, #2)
  • Finding Somewhere to Belong (Seaside Wolf Pack, #1)
  • Now or Never (Iris Boys #1)
Instagram: mary.martel

Ariel Kimber (7 books)
  • Brothers of the Flame (Ariel Kimber, #1)
  • Blood Magic (Ariel Kimber #3)
  • The Ties That Bind (Ariel Kimber, #4)
  • Black as Midnight (Ariel Kimber, #5)
  • Unforgotten Family (Ariel Kimber, #6)
  • Dash: An Ariel Kimber Novella