Start by marking “Our Gentle Sin” as Want to Read:
Our Gentle Sin

Our Gentle Sin

A Taboo M/M Romance

Kane may be older than Levi—by six minutes—but he’s always found comfort in knowing Levi would be the one to take charge. That's how it's always been. But all it takes is one winding road and a sudden storm for their world to shift in an instant. As Levi struggles to cope, Kane has no choice but to become the strong one.

But where Kane wants things to go
Published November 3rd 2017 (first published November 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Our Gentle Sin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Gentle Sin

Anyta Sunday
This is a wonderfully done taboo story.

I was HOOKED to every page. I could not stop reading. The tension and emotion was delicious. I loved it. The ending bit... well, I wouldn't have gone for that level of last-minute drama, but it still doesn't change the fact this is really well done. And hot, I mean, super-crazy sexy hot--and it worked for me because the narrative is simultaneously pulling at the heart strings.

It was done brilliantly.

The story can be found on Smashwords
Jan
*** 3 Stars ***

Don't read my review if you want to read this book.

(view spoiler)
Virginia Cavanillas
Rosalinda *KRASNORADA*
This has my name written all over it

This had my name written all over it but let me tell you that expectations suck

I have no issues with incest, at all. I actually love it, when it's well done.

Let's keep it nice and simple, ok? I had two big issues with this book, do NOT open the spoilers unless you have read the book and pls feel free to ignore my opinion as I might be wrong. Pls wait for Vir's and Izen's reviews as they both may love it.

(view spoiler)
Jewel
3.5 Stars

Our Gentle Sin is the story about two young men learning to live again after their parents are killed in a car accident. It isn't going to be for everyone. If twincest isn't your thing, then you're not going to want to read this book.

Levi and Kane De Luca are identical twins and are both college students. Levi is majoring in pre-law, while Kane has gone a more artistic route with photography. To supplement their income, the boys have an Instagram where they both model underwear, mostly
Eugenia
Jan 28, 2018 rated it really liked it
I really liked this twincest book. Was it perfect? Not in the least. Were there parts that didn’t work? Definitely. Plot contrivances that felt forced? Yes. But I can excuse all that because this book literally took me someplace else, and that’s what I sought out. This book really worked for me.

There’s UST here, tons of it, but we’re not sure if both brothers feel it. That makes for edgier encounters between the twins when they get together for work or what have you.

Is there an HEA here? I suppo
⚣Michaelle⚣
4 Stars

I'm still trying to figure out what I want to say in a review, but it's definitely one of the best stories I've ever read with this particular type of pairing...
Courtney
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sexy, somewhat angsty taboo

This story starts with a hot prologue, then goes to a slow buildup to get back to that point. It was a good story so I didn’t mind, though I was hoping for a little more interaction between the brothers. They had amazing chemistry.

There were a few typos, but nothing so bad that it took me out of the story. Happy to have another to add to my taboo shelf.
Joyfully Jay
Jan 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: jay
A Joyfully Jay review.

Our Gentle Sin was really a lovely, moving story. That may sound strange for a book about incest among college-aged twins, but I have to say I am really impressed with what Lyra Evans did with this story. Yes, it is ultimately about twins who fall for one another, but it is surprisingly not salacious for all of that. In fact, there is very little actual sex in this story (though quite a bit of longing and some masturbatory fantasies). This is really a book more a
books_and_brew

LOOOOOOOOOOVED this one - my only complaint is that I wished we got to see more of the coupling rather than the journey to get there.

Don't get me wrong...I know that the journey is mostly the reason for why I like these types of books, but I wanted to see the men in more of a relationship setting in the end (even though its an HFN).

Call me weird and crazy but hey...its a taboo story anyway and that's what I wanted! :)

Anyway, this (to my knowledge) is Lyra Evans first Contemporary story as she
AGandyGirl
So this was not your typical Taboo read. This was just an absolutely beautiful story about two brothers, alone and learning to cope in a world without their parents. This is not over erotic but a slow discovery of a love between brothers. Yeah, I get this is not something everyone enjoys but it is a taboo that I love...and this one in particular is by far the best I have read.

I was worried that the outcome of what occured on Halloween would cause me to be a little irritated, but I have to say th
monika
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq
I usually don’t read books about college boys, and I’ve never read about twincest before. Frankly I read this one, because I despise censorship and comstockery. Overall it was a beautiful written story, not overly erotic. I liked the photography and art aspects the most. I’m a bit disappointed with quite abrupt ending. The whole story was told from Kane’s pov, and was slowly building up, we got a chance to get to know his vulnerability, raw emotions, struggles in suspension between love and lust ...more
Nora Phoenix
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: taboo, m-m-romances
Our Gentle Sin is definitely not for everyone, as it squarely falls into the twincest category. If that’s not your thing, stay far away from this one. I don’t mind a little taboo kink, or in this case a lot, so when I saw a tweet recommending this book I wanted to read it.

Levi and Kane have strong chemistry, and their story is beautiful and heartbreaking at the same time. The author chose to tell it through Kane’s eyes only, and that was a good choice since it leaves us as readers wondering how
Tracy
Shelves: m-m
3.5 stars. I have a huge soft spot for taboo books. This Was really well written but i just wasn't really feeling it. I'm not sure why and this seems to get great reviews so maybe it's just me.
Liza
Jan 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Twincest is one of those taboos that you can either read or you're totally squicked by it. I can read it and this was hot! College students Levi and Kane lost both their parents and are very close. Until Kane starts to notice his twin more and more . . .
Dee
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Well written handling of a taboo topic. This is not my cup of tea, but the author handled the story beautifully, parcelling out the reveals and the tension that brought us to the denouement.
I understand that it is banned from Amazon? Seems a tad bit of overreaction but...
Anywho 2 stars for the topic 4 stars for the story itself. Oh what the hey. 3.5 stars overall
Pablito
3.5*

Apparently twincest is too conflicting for Amazon, so you'll have to buy this on SmashWords.

But the novel is really more about love than sex, the love between two identical brothers, at least on the outside. There's much to like about the portrayal of the natural affinity between these two brothers, who lose their parents in an automobile accident, and who gradually realize the need they have for one another is more than filial. While the sex scene at the end seemed forced and (for me) unne
Lisa
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
I love this kind of taboo subject - twincest. For me though ther could have been a little more of the cest element, alot of the book read as a romance.
Levi and his twin Kane are away at college and whilst Levi plays the slut, Kane begins to wonder about his feelings for Levi and then Halloween comes along.
A good book that I read in one sitting.
Natosha Wilson
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
If you are ok with the taboo of twins hooking up then this book is for you. It is an incredible read that leaves you emotionally wrought once your done reading it.

Kane and Levi are identical twins. Both attend the same college but these two men are different as night and day. Levi is out going, reckless, and is studying pre law. Kane is the quieter one of the two. He does not like big crowds, he is a photography student, and is more on the reserved side. But through everything in their lives th
Victorias' KeepinitReal
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
AMAZING! This freakin book was fantastic!! Period! Yes, I know this topic/relationship/desire is considered taboo but I don't care. It was so excellently written by author Lyra Evans you couldn't help but embrace the feelings and desires of the MCs. Based on the delicate and emotional way this author approaches this controversial topic, it was impossible not to sympathize with Kane and Levi. Impossible. Our Gentle Sin is a well written book and emotional charged story about identical twin brothe ...more
Mary Gresham
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Taboo? Yes, I guess it's taboo, twin brothers in a relationship. I personally don't think it is, but that's just my opinion, apparently Amazon feels differently.
When I first saw this book recommended, I knew after I read the blurb, that I had to read it. I got it on KU, figuring that the zon would remove it before long and they did, found out when I went to return it tonight.
It really held up to my expectations. While erotic, it isn't filled with page after page of sex. It was a beautiful stor
J
Sooooo this was my first book “twincest” book (I can feel the people revolting against me and unfriending me right this instance) but can I just say... it was very, very well written. There were a couple of tropes I could have done without, but I won’t list them here for fear of spoilers.

The sexual tension was out of the roof and honestly, this book was actually up my ally. Kudos to the author for venturing such a taboo topic, and approaching it with various angles! Can’t wait to read more from
Jamie
Mar 10, 2018 rated it really liked it
Well this was an unexpected rollercoaster. I really felt for Kane in this book, with his worries and lonliness. Then to find out what was going on with Levi ... it was just all more emotional than I had expected. In a good way! My only complaint would be the ending, because it felt like a beginning and made me want more. (Don't get me wrong it's a HFN, possibly a HEA, but it came up kind of suddenly.)
Christine
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
First off, if you have a problem with any type of incest do not read this book. If you're going on with it this is a good story about a twins struggle to come to terms with his attraction to his twin brother.
Anita
This was emotional, heart wrenching, and hot and taboo! Twincest is one of my favorite reads. Something about the taboo love between twins just makes me swoon. Loved Lee and Kay! This is a new to me author and I understand it's her first contemporary. With the exception of a few typos, this was done exceedingly well. There is a segment of the book where you have to sort of suspend belief and I think a few Goodreaders had trouble with that. Okay, I had a few issues with it, but I still loved the ...more
Tj
Dec 29, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: have, read-2018
Alright, firstly, I feel like I have read this book before. (I kept thinking that I knew where it was going. Wondering if anyone knows if this is a rewrite of an earlier edition?)

So, I think for a "taboo" book it wasn't that intense. The characters were rather light and the storyline was fairly tame. Really the crisis of the book felt forced. Overall I felt like the author forced a lot of the story. To me it was well written and the author did a good job of making the "narrator" of the story fit
Ursula
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: abuse, forbidden-love
I really wanted to like this, but I didn't. The flow of the story is all wrong. It's like the author had 4 ideas and just put them all together, without finishing any of the stories, so it's just a bunch of underdeveloped ideas in one. I wished she just took one concept and rolled with it, or at least build up some of the other things first, completely breaks the flow of the story. I'm not crazy about Levi, he's very unlikable, the secondary characters has a rather shitty development to. Some el ...more
Shelby
I struggled a bit with this one. While the writing is definitely quality I admit I still get a little squicked with the subject matter. I understand the arguments as to why it's not quite so squicky, but I can't quite let it go. Seeing only one side of this story also had the final culmination not really feeling satisfying. I wasn't sure that I believed the relationship in the end. From Kane, sure I got where his feelings were coming from, but Levi seems to come out of nowhere. The plot twists f ...more
LOLA
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
A friend suggested this book. Got it on sale.$1.
(At Smashwords, banned on Amazon)..
Fell into this book. Twins and desire.
One struggles the other hides.
Was a slow burn to a very hot fire.
Sensual and seductive.
Very well written.
Have to leave something for a teaser..
Even if you can't get it at Amazon, find it, a treasure hunt for you.

If you can't handle twins and sex, this be not for you...
Everyone else that can think outside the box, because
what do ya know it's fiction, then please drive thru.
T
Rin
3 stars!

I liked it but I didn't love it. There were strong emotions (considering the taboo and angst) but I couldn't really connect to Levi's side, especially since the story was from Kane's POV. Like I could not see if his feelings were as deep and genuine as Kane's. And the wrongness of the drama towards the end was rather upsetting (view spoiler)

So this was my first foray into this t
BR con las kinky-cesas 92 8 Nov 22, 2017 07:07AM

• Fraternal Devotion
  • Quillon's Covert
  • The Three of Us
  • Saving Liam
  • Soulmate (Sin, #1)
  • Broken
  • Michael & Sean (Learning to Love, #1)
  • Tempestuous Relations (Mackenzie Twins, #1)
  • Ripped (Boys of Summer, #1)
  • Forever. I Promise.
  • F.I.S.T.S. Handbook For Individual Survival in Hostile Environments
  • Fall Into You
  • Gemini
  • Something For Nothing
  • Treasure
  • His Undoing
  • Finally Fallen (The Dark Angels, #3)
  • Baked (Hammer, #7)
Lyra Evans has been making up stories since she was a kid and writing them down since her best friends informed her that was actually a career. Though plot and fantasy are what drive her worlds, she's got a particular love for M/M romance that she can't quite kick (though who would want to?). She tries her best to mix those three elements in her novels. A lover of books, games, food, and travel, s ...more