Start by marking “Lord Augustus (Sons of the Marquess, #3)” as Want to Read:
Lord Augustus (Sons of the Marquess, #3)

Lord Augustus

(Sons of the Marquess #3)

A traditional Regency romance, drawing room rather than bedroom.

Lord Augustus Marford has only one interest in life - horses. It’s an expensive hobby. When his brother, the Marquess of Carrbridge, finds himself in financial trouble after his agent disappears with much of his fortune, Gus is happy to help the family finances by finding work with horse auctioneers Tattersa
Published January 16th 2018 by Sutors Publishing

To ask other readers questions about Lord Augustus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Lord Augustus

Helen Morar
Jan 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sweet clean story.

I did enjoy this book. It is well written and you feel it was written in the time of the book. I felt all characters were described well. The first part seemed a bit slow{4 stars} It has drama humor and love. I recieved this book as an arc copy.
Virginia Tican
Jul 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lord Gus had been working at Tattersalls' to earn a living and to be near horses and so it came to pass that he and a co~employee were tasked to facilitate the sale of the Morton stud after the death of the the Marquess of Darrowstone, heir to the Duke of Dunmorton and the stud's breeder. At Castle Morton, with the intractable, gout~ridden sexagenarian Duke who deals only with those of noble blood, the ownership of the stud came in question and lawyers became involved thus prolonging their stay ...more
Terry Southard
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another excellent addition to this series. Gus is no womanizer - he has taken a job a Tattersall's, dealing with horses, to help supplement the diminished fortunes of his family. He is sent to northern England where he meets a mysterious, but demure and beautiful, widow. The story revolves around finding out who she is....and can Gus marry the love of his life.

Better than book 2 (which was still good), I like these characters. Their world seems real. Secondary characters remain good and we are s
Doris
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Lord Augustus, Gus to his companions, is the third brother of the Marquess of Carrbridge. As a third son he has no expectations to the title and the families' fortune seems to be missing as well as the land agent. His one great love is horses, thus his new position at Tattersall’s horse auctioneers. On assignment, Gus heads north to see the Duke of Dunmorton. His son has died and the Duke wants Tattersall’s to value and sell the horses from his son's horse stud farm.
Things do not go smoothly, a
Candy Briggs
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a fun story. It seems like the characters are kind of, in a chaos. There is a little boy and his mother, who live in a little cottage on the duke's property. The boy's name is Ned. Is she married or not. There are some twists to this tale and it keeps you interested and reading. The characters have individual personalities and quirks. It is also a romance between Gus and Mrs. Edward Walsh. They have horses and a small boy, the duke, his grandfather in common
I loved it . There is always
Jeanie's Kindle
Jun 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Lord loves a Jupiter

Lord Gus loves his horses better than he cares for most people. His horses and their comfort are paramount to him. He travels to a Duke's home to settle the estate of a recently deceased son. The son left a large stable of horses to be bred for racing stock. He also left a secret wife and heir .However it takes almost the entire book to unravel this mystery.
Linda Kyle
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Every award or honor this author has achieved is nothing to the delight of her readers when she publishes a new book. These stories are more drawing room than bedroom and are each a complete adventure and romance too good to miss!
L S Hardy
Feb 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018-book
Easy Reading

Having read the other books by this author, this one held no surprises. Still it was a good story, just enough mystery to keep it interesting, and of course, a happy ending. Can't wait to read book four.
Lillian Huffman
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great Story Line

I just love the way you add suprises to your stories. I have read all of the Allmont sister's books and all of the sons of the Marquess books so far. Please keep them coming. You are a very talented writer.
Reader
Mar 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5* really.
Phylis
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 1-regency
Lord Augustus by Mary Kingswood is a stand alone story of the Son of the Marquee book 3. This is an excellent read with a little bit of surprise, and finding true love. My free opinion ARC. Thanks
Melanie
Jan 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Book 3

Great read in the series. Love suspense and romance. Interesting characters and plot to boot. Highly recommended for a cozy read.
Renee
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another wonder

A wonderful read I love the series and hope to enjoy more of the same Eagerly awaiting the next book
Oct 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this very much. It almost had more of a Gothic feel than Regency, with the hidden *spoiler* and all that. I do think trying to tie the villains of this in with the recurring villain Sharp of the series to have been ... overly complex and contrived, and not necessary. I liked the hints of Merton and Mary, Lady Hardy, slowly moving towards each other. And I loved the line of children being like horses.
Susan DuBois
Apr 25, 2019
Rachel
Dec 06, 2018
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »

• The Rostikov Legacy (Malykant Mysteries, #1)
  • The Healers' Road (The Balance Academy, #1)
  • The Nullification Engine (The Alchemancer #2)
  • The Dragon’s Egg (Brightmoon, #6)
  • Seventh Night
  • Maulever Hall
  • The Machine God (The Drifting Isle Chronicles #3)
  • The Spymaster's Daughter
  • The Hand of Andulain
  • A Death In Beverly Hills
  • She Whom I Love (Treading the Boards, #2)
  • China Rose
  • A Question of Hats: An Angela Marchmont Short Story (An Angela Marchmont Mystery)
  • The Hollow Heart (The Heartfelt Series, #1)
  • Dragon's Bride (The Dragon and the Scholar #4)
  • Seeking a Scribe (Enchanted Bookstore Legend #1)
  • Watersmeet (Twelve Baronies #1)
  • The Luck of Han'anga (War of the Second Iteration #1)
I live in the beautiful Highlands of Scotland with my husband. I like chocolate, whisky, my Kindle, massed pipe bands, long leisurely lunches, chocolate, going places in my campervan, eating pizza in Italy, summer nights that never get dark, wood fires in winter, chocolate, the view from the study window looking out over the Moray Firth and the Black Isle to the mountains beyond. And chocolate. I ...more

Sons of the Marquess (5 books)
  • Lord Reginald (Sons of the Marquess, #1)
  • Lord Humphrey (Sons of the Marquess, #2)
  • Lord Montague (Sons of the Marquess, #4)
  • Lord Gilbert (Sons of the Marquess, #5)