Start by marking “Judging Books” as Want to Read:
Judging Books

Judging Books

The debutante path is a fairly straight track: who you are, who you associate with, and whose label you are wearing become priorities. They define you. They are the aspects by which you are judged.

Ashlyn’s world has been one of enlightenment and finesse, and now she is ready to take on the financial world at her father’s company just as he had always planned. Her future ha
Published November 27th 2017 by Create Space Individual Publishing Platform

To ask other readers questions about Judging Books, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Judging Books

Start your review of Judging Books
Christy
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017-four-stars
4 stars!!!

Carpe diem.

Shay Savage is one of those authors that can write in many different genres. Judging Books falls into the cont. romance/NA category (and it’s a stand-alone- YAY) and I adored it! Ethan was one of the sweetest and best heroes I’ve read about in quite some time!

Ashlyn Draganov is getting ready to graduate with her masters in accounting. Her job, and her life for that matter, are pretty much planned. She will work at, and eventually run the family business, Draga
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
This story is about Two opposites pulled together through instant attraction and an intense case of chemistry. Ashlyn is 7 years older than 19 year old Ethan. Ashlyn comes from and runs with an uppity group of millionaires. Appearance is everything to her and her family and friends. So when she is falling for a guy with tattoos, piercings, long hair, and younger than her, she knows it can't go anywhere. He will never be accepted into her circle of people. Even with him being a billionaire.
Ethan
❥ KAT ❥ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic

He lived for the moment, which was refreshing and exciting...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

‘JUDGING BOOKS:’ Is a new Standalone Contemporary Romance Novel by Shay Savage

We're first introduced to Ashlyn who is on the verge of graduating with her masters in accounting and business administration as she's riddled with nerves due to her dooming interview at Draganov Financial, even though it was pretty much a given that she'd get the job due to the fact that her father owns the business.

Doning her executive inter
✰ Liz ✰
"I was going to have to tell everyone about my new boyfriend."
description

Judging Books is NA stand-alone romance by one of my favorite authors Shay Savage. Ms. Savage never fails to amaze me with her unique writing style, complex plots, and broken characters. In Judging Books she delivers a beautiful forbidden romance with a clear message about how not to judge a book by its cover and instead use your heart to search a person's soul.

"Carpe diem."
Ashlyn is a privileged young woman who is weeks away
Corina
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
The one word that describes this book the best is – ROMANTIC!!!

Judging Books falls under the category of Older Heroine/Younger Hero. And I was more than surprised by how much I enjoyed it. Plot, characters, and execution was very well done. But most of all I FELT the attraction between Ashlyn and Ethan.

Ashlyn was close to finishing her masters program and was already groomed for a very prestigious and high coveted position at her family’s company. On her way to an interview she accidentally met
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
3,5 stars

Just a short review today.

I really, really, really wanted to love this one as I have adored other Shay Savage books.
The heroine is great, the hero is sweet and I loved reading about his condition. I did not even know it was possible to live like that. I won't tell much as I don't want to spoil your fun.

There were really sweet and heartbreaking moments in this story but something did not click for me. I hoped for another Transcendence story and Ethan was very promising. I can't explain w
Heather❀Book and a Blanket❀
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-2017
4.5 Stars!

What I love about Shay Savage is that her books always have a unique flavor. I always get a little more than I expect and Judging Books was no different.

This is the story of Ashlyn and Ethan. Ashlyn is set on a path to take over her father's financial company. She lives in a world where people are expected to have a certain look and wear designer clothes and is surrounded by people who come from wealthy families. Her father and her friends have certain expectations from her and falling
Carol
4 stars.
This is one of those books that started off for me, a bit like.....um....not really sure if I buy in to these characters and this situation....after all he's only 19 and she is 26....then the simple honesty of the story "kicked in"......and I was totally loving the beauty and the very real ROMANCE of it all.....in fact this was a book that just got better and better for me.
It is a perfect N.A. read IMO, tender, sweet and emotional with an important life lesson: don't judge others by the
Denna
Dec 14, 2017 rated it liked it
I didn’t hate this but it wasn’t my favorite either. I’m not crazy about older h/younger hero, which it was never really a problem. The hero just seemed a lot younger than 19 ( their age’s are 26 and 19 ). Besides all that the book enjoyable and I definitely couldn’t stop reading. It was also completely safe and pretty hot. The hero was super super sweet and completely obsessed with the h.
Reanell Tisdale
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc
When you read a Shay Savage book you can always expect the unexpected. I don’t know how she does it. She always manages to blow my mind with her story telling abilities. Judging Books is no different. Well, it is different. But it’s still a Shay Savage book.

When I read the synopsis for Judging Books I was VERY intrigued. Older woman with a brain damaged boy? Sign me up! I was so curious how this would play out. And it was PERFECTION!! Shay outdid herself with this book.

I absolutely LOVED Ethan
❃**✿【Yasmine】✿**❃
DNF at 52%

It just felt sooooo mundane. I was bored, disinterested. It was slow and fluffy, it felt stiff and unnatural in a lot of places.
Farah
Nov 30, 2017 rated it did not like it
I love books where the heroine is older than the hero, that's the main reason why I get this book + Shay Savage's Offside is a favourite read of mine.
Now Ashlyn, the heroine is 7 years older than Ethan, the hero. It is an instant attraction and some major issues from both sides. Why the 1 star? Ethan, I am trying to be an understanding person because of his medical condition but I can't. Most of the time he sounds like a 15 year old instead of 17 and that annoys the heck out of me and Ashlyn, y
Mandy
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this unique story - Ethan is unlike any other hero I have read and he was fantastic. I liked that the development of the characters and the direction of the story. I really liked this one and recommend it - especially to anyone who likes older woman/younger man stories.
Lisa (A Life Bound By Books)
Such a great book! Another I loved and another I need a physical book for my shelves of!!
Mirabella
4.5 stars. sweet and romantic story with lovable H/h and nice side characters. some hot scenes, some jealous and possessive moments, no drama, no violence. a light and safe read that left me with a smile on my face after I finished it.
Renee
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy of this book to review for Stephanie's Book Reports.

On the debutante path Ashlyn's life has been a fairly straight track. Who you are, who you associate with, and whose label you are wearing become priorities. They are the aspects by which you are judged. Ashlyn's world has been one of enlightenment and finesse, and now she is ready to take the financial world at her father's company just as he had always planned. Her future has been scripted for her for years. But, a chance me
Aysha
Jan 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Since the book was “insta” everything, i would have loved an epilogue.
Kathy Leslie
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
Shay Savage is a masterful writer. She takes me on journeys I didn't expect with different characters and unique twists. We are reminded that what you see isn't always what you get--sometimes it's more! What a great writer.

Full Review on Badass Bloggettes:https://badassbloggettes.wordpress.co...
Candyce Kirk
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This book was SO amazing! When I read the description of this story it sounded really good. After actually reading it I can say it's a lot different and so much better than I expected!
Ashlyn grew up very comfortable and has nothing to worry about when it comes to money. She's almost finished with her Masters Degree and has a job set up at her father's company. Her interview is just a formality. Ashlyn's father expects her to take over the company when he retires. In her world everything is judg
Kristiej
There is no question that Shay Savage writes some of the most unusual, most eclectic books ever. Some I can’t get enough of *cough – Transcendence, read it! – cough, to others that hold no appeal to me whatsoever so every time I do start a new one, I know I’m in for something unique. And Judging Books once again fits this bill.

Ashlyn, our heroine, has her life all planned out – by her father. She’s a people please so she lets him steam role right over whatever she might want. She’s taking colleg
CherryRed’s Reads
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
First: Thank you +Shay Savage for writing this book!

Such a beautiful, refreshing loving story about 2 people who kept me surprised and captured my heart while reading their story.

Loved, loved, loved how just as the title says, everyone always judges people by their appearance right off the bat before even speaking or getting to know them.

This book, it gave me all the feels.

Was sooo able to relate to Ashlyn & Ethan.

Ethan melted my heart with his sweetness towards Ashlyn. HIs actions, his words, h
Red Cheeks Reads
Dec 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well, this one was a fun breath of fresh air. I don’t know what I expected going into this one because the truth is that you can never really expect anything from Shay Savage. Her writing range is wide and deep and I never really know what she is going to give me which is one of the reasons that I really enjoy reading her books. Every one of them is so different and unique and Ashlyn and Ethan’s story was no exception.
I say this story was unique because Ive never read one quite like it. It had t
Anima
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: hot-romance
Seriously thrown for a loop on this one. Loved it! Shay has a wonderful talent of giving us characters that are far more than just their appearance. How many of us have judged someone because of their appearance? Odd clothing? Tattoos or piercings? I'm sure we all have, even for just a second. The important thing is to ignore the appearance and learn about the person. It's surprising what you can find out about someone by just giving them a chance. Ethan has so much to give the world but he choo ...more
Heather andrews
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ethan has some gentleman-like qualities, “I’d really like to take you to bed now,” Ethan said softly..." Ethan is realy a sweet man, I just want you to be happy.” Ethan gave me his luscious smile, which I kissed and then kissed again." I liked this book, I fell in love with Ethan he was just a good man. ...more
Billy
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: steamy
What a pleasant surprise!

I bought this on a whim, and damn! What a great story! I loved the characters and development! Evan was perfect and his youth and unusual appearance was paramount to the story. I’d really recommend this!
Kim Lowery
Some parts seemed rushed. A lot was repetitive. I wish there had been more development between the MCs rather than Ashlyn’s agonizing over her friends’ opinions. Last 10% of book was ads, which imho is a lot. No epilogue. But I liked the characters - especially Ethan.
Bethany

Sweet.
Sugar sweet.
And boring.

No roller coaster here.
The H is clingy and lonely and sad and young and desperately nice.

Definitely not my cuppa.
Kate
Dec 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ethan is charming

Normally, I find novellas and "fall in love fast" stories unsatisfying. But from the first encounters between Ethan and Ashlyn, Ethan is compelling enough a character that the love story didn't feel silly.

The thing I didn't enjoy was that Ashlyn's worries feel shallow, and then she gets over them too fast. I wish the author has written some deeper scenes to help us understand why she has those worries. It felt implausible that money wouldn't matter more to Ethan's acceptance.

Bu
« previous 1 3 next »

• Misconduct
  • Cry No More
  • Shades of Twilight
  • When Passion Rules
  • A Heart so Wild (Straton Family #1)
  • Beyond the Sea
  • Lady Luck (Colorado Mountain, #3)
  • Corrupt Idol
  • Priceless
  • Black Lies
  • Breathe (Colorado Mountain, #4)
  • Price of a Kiss (Forbidden Men, #1)
  • Roommate
  • Ride Steady (Chaos, #3)
  • Devil's Game (Reapers MC, #3)
  • Reaper's Legacy (Reapers MC, #2)
  • Reaper's Stand (Reapers MC, #4)
  • Anton (Chicago Blaze, #1)
Shay Savage is an independent author from Cincinnati, Ohio, where she lives with her family and a variety of household pets. She is an accomplished public speaker and holds the rank of Distinguished Toastmaster from Toastmasters International. Her hobbies include off-roading in her big, yellow Jeep, science fiction in all forms, and soccer. Savage holds a degree in psychology, and she brings a lot ...more