Start by marking “Inseparable (Port Java, #1)” as Want to Read:
Inseparable (Port Java, #1)

Inseparable

(Port Java #1)

Trevor and Gabe never knew life without the other. As only children, they grew up as close as brothers, but their love grew to something more. Something they couldn't talk about because their parents wouldn't understand.

Gabe is gay and unapologetic about his sexuality. He refuses to live his life in the shadows, but that doesn't mean he isn't harboring secrets.

Trevor is
Published December 1st 2017 (first published November 27th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Inseparable, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Inseparable

Cadiva
Nov 26, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a fantastic coming of age, first love, young adult romance from Sloan Johnson with enough drama to stop it being too sweet but without any unnecessary angst.

Gabe and Trevor are fully flesh out young men, different enough to have their own unique voice but both demonstrating typical traits of being young men finding their feet at college and in a relationship.

I loved all the family dynamics in this one and the sense of college life was well done. The steady expansion of their relationship
Erica Chilson
I received a copy of this title to read and review for Wicked Reads

3.5 Stars

Inseparable is the short journey between a pair of best friends who've known each other inside and out since birth. Their families are close, mothers especially, and they've kept their relationship a secret as they ended their high school career.

With the escape of college, Gabe & Trevor are rooming together, finally taking their relationship to the next level. Gabe is an open book to Trevor, a heart-on-the-sleeve t
Lost in a Book
3.5 Stars

This was a sweet college romance that brought about a bit of nostalgia. Do you remember the feelings you had (or currently have) when you couldn’t wait to leave home for college (or any other reason)? That when you went away, you could finally be yourself, find yourself, and find your tribe? That’s what Inseparable reminded me of; Those feelings of hope that everything would be epic and smooth sailing once you were an "adult”.

They aren't at the point where they realize adulting is overr
Katrina Passick Lumsden
Needs Editing...and Perspective

There is a lot of useless melodrama here. It kinda wreaks of first world problems. I couldn't take Trevor and Gabe seriously because of their ridiculously over the top angst regarding the supposed complexity of their relationship issues.

To top It all off, Parker apparently didn't even proofread this. I lost count of how many times DeeDee was changed from Gabe's mom to Trevor's and then back again. The phrase "your mom and DeeDee" was used during both POVs, and it
Tracy~Bayou Book Junkie
3.5 Stars

I usually love Sloan’s books, but I’m sad to say this one missed the mark for me.

Trevor and Gabe have been inseparable since they were born and have admitted, in the past year, to being attracted to each other, but they have kept things in the friends-zone for the most part out of fear of being discovered by their parents, who still have no clue Trevor is gay.

I liked Gabe, as far as his feelings and what he wanted from their relationship, he was sure-footed and confident in how he fe
Lelyana
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: 2017, arc, mm
Hmm...I don't know. Maybe it's just me. But I didn't feel any strong chemistry between Gabe and Trevor. The moms annoyed me, they're too nosy, imo.
Gabe spent too much time with his friend Seth. I almost thought that Seth has a 'thing' for him.
Trevor and Gabe didn't do anything meaningful to let us reader know that they're deserved each other and made for each other.
Their relationship is too fragile. Even it based on bestfriend's first.
I worried they couldn't keep the relationship for too long.
It
✰  BJ's Book Blog ✰Janeane ✰
ARC received from author for an honest review

I adore Sloan Johnson's words. Devour every new story she gives us.

Inseparable is a NA (which I don't read too much of -old fart here) coming out, coming of age story.

It ticks a lot of my boxes and touches on many issues that people leaving home for the first time deal with. I loved that Trevor and Gabe were already kinda together as the story starts, as it lets them deal with more than the fact that they like each other.

There is great family dynamics
S.M. Harshell
**I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.**

Sloan Johnson has quickly turned into one of my go-to m/m authors. Her stories are gripping and emotional with just the right mix of sexy. Once I got my hands on Inseparable I finished it in one sitting. I had to know what was going to happen between Trevor and Gabe!

Trevor and Gabe are best friends. They grew up together and fell in love. Going to the same college and living in the same dorm is going to be the time they
Dec 10, 2017 rated it liked it
I was given a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.

This is a sweet and angsty story about two best friends starting their first year of college together. Gabe and Trevor grew up together. Their families are inseparable and somewhere along the way they fell in love with each other.

At it’s best, this story captures some of the magic of first love and some of the anxieties faced by the two boys as they start adulting and adjusting to life on their own. These two are sweet and at
Mia Sciberras
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this, what is essentially a NA MM coming out story. It ticks so many important boxes and touches on so many things that young mostly-closeted gay men, fresh at college may feel. Add in two of the very best of friends who have felt the need to hide their relationship from their parents fear of the reaction they may receive and you have a scenario that reads true and sympathetic.

Trevor and Gabe manage to negotiate their insecurities, both within themselves and of their relationship in a
Ruthie Taylor
Dec 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

3.5*s of inseparability

This is the perfect read for the end of a long or difficult week. It is soft and loving and brings all the warm feelings that a long time friendship can, as well as the usual run of ups and downs. The abiding knowledge that they have of everything about each other is reassuring and romantic.

It is so usual in a romance that there is a point where it could all go terribly wrong, that I kept waiting
Ralph Gallagher
Jan 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm-romance
Great contemporary romance. The beginning was a bit slow, but about halfway through it really picked up for me. Definitely recommend this to fan of gay romance who like college guy and friends-to-lovers.
Lisa
2.5 stars . It just didn’t work for me. I found it hard to get into and from about 40% I found my self skimming. Too much melodrama and over thinking. I didn’t feel their connection at all unfortunately it just didn’t work.
Angie
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
I recieved a copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

Another great story by Sloan Johnson. This book just made my heart melt. Trevor and Gabe had one heck of a ride. We saw all the ups and downs that happen in all relationships and how to get through it all and still come out on the other end. I loved these guys and their story. I would think this would be a good book for young adults to read as well.
Lisa The Novel Approach
Jan 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
~ 3.5 Stars ~

Inseparable is the latest offering by author Sloan Johnson. It is a coming of age/coming out novel that easily fits into the Young Adult category given it’s tendency to have most intimate scenes fade to black, allowing for very little actual on-page sex, but has been labeled New Adult. What this story may lack in graphic sex it makes up for by exploring the emotions of its two main characters, their home lives, and their very different concerns about coming out to their families.

Tr
Carra
Nov 04, 2017 rated it really liked it
Best friends to lovers has always been one of my favorite tropes; here in Inseparable the author takes this in a new adult setting and gives it a little extra complication thanks to the dynamic between Gabe and Trevor’s families. In addition, Gabe’s out status while Trevor is still in the closet means some extra angst on top of the tension already present each time the two head home to visit.

After so long not being able to spend intimate time together without having to play lookout, both Gabe an
ButtonsMom2003
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: xd-assigned-read
I loved this story.

Inseparable is the first book I've read by Sloan Johnson. I have several of her books on my TBRL (to be read list) but I just haven't made time to read any of them before now. I'm a sucker for a good NA (New Adult) romance and I really love this particular sub-genre of MM romance.

While I'm usually not terribly fond of books written in first-person I don't seem to mind it at all in NA stories. Inseparable is told in alternating first person POV, with Gabe and Trevor taking turn
Tanja
Nov 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
A fantastic story about two best friends, not falling in love, but staying in love. Staying in love through all the hardships life throws at you.
Trevor and Gabe are best friends since birth and became boyfriends in high school. When they go to college together, they feel they can finally be who they want to be. They can conquer the world, dreaming of a perfect life together. But the harsh reality of college life, of growing up, can be so different from all your dreams and expectations.
Sloan Jo
Anu
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Hmm not sure about this one. I liked it but I didn't *love* this book.

Gabe and Trevor have been titular inseparable all their lives. Now the boys are heading to college and have a chance to live life more openly than before.

The story starts literally at the point where the boys head off to college, only backstory provided is via random flashbacks so I didn't really get a sense of them being close or indeed inseparable. As they settle into college, the pair seem confused whether to be open about
Linda
Dec 03, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was understandable that Trevor and Gabe had to work on the new dynamic of being in love with one another and being from home for the first time. Add in the grueling pace of college and they had their emotional and physical plates full.
The theme in this story and why I have this story 3* was the over the top parental hovering. Empty nest feelings are understandable...to a point. Trevor's mother took her involvement in every aspect of Trevor's life to an absurd extreme. So much so that I believ
MJ's Book Blog and Reviews
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Review by: Jennifer
(4 stars)

Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Sweet and enjoyable read

INSEPARABLE is a coming of age story about two young men, Trevor and Gabe. One who is confident about his sexuality, the other still hiding in the closet. They have been friends for life, now they realise that friendship is a lot deeper and more involved than what they previously thought. Having moved on to college, they reach the decision that it's time to take their relationship further.

I enjoyed this book, it was a sweet story of self discovery, trust and love. My on
Valerie
Dec 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
This was my first book by the author. Gabe is openly gay and doesn't have a problem with it, but he's in love with his best friend, Trevor, who isn't. They have been friends most of their lives and they think as they go off to college and room together, that they could finally explore their relationship, but it's not as easy as they, well Gabe, thinks. Trevor is worried about coming out to his parents and he pulls away from Gabe when the doubts start, which happens more than once. Another thing ...more
Melissa
Sloan Johnson creates a world that makes you want to live there. I really connected with Trevor and Gabe from the beginning. Sometimes it takes a few chapters to connect but there’s something about these characters and their lives that you instantly want to be their friend. I’m really excited to see where this series goes! The connection that Gabe and Trevor share with each other is palpable and you can just tell how much they mean to each other and the roller coaster of trying to be together an ...more
Beverly Southern Babes Book Blog
Every book that I’ve read by this author just keeps getting better and better. She just has a way of pulling you in and never letting go. Pulls at every emotion your heart and head have. I swear every emotion this author has it pours out in her stories.

Trevor and Gabe pulled me in an I never want to let go. I laughed, I cried, through most of the Book my heart was in my throat. They had to overcome so much. My heart hurt for them. There were some times I was talking to my kindle. But as always
Tracy Perry
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Awe the feels. It was a good story about young love & coming out to the family. It was sweet young long & my heart hurt at times for both Trevor & Gabe. I love them both so much & I need to hug them hard! Thanks for sharing their story. A TBR for sure.
Jennifer Mitsada
Nov 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Gabe and Trev grew up together, and both realized early on that they were meant to be together. Now they are getting the chance to go off to college and live life without hiding from their parents the relationship they have. The two couldn't be more different but they somehow fit. When they start to realize that just maybe this college thing wasn't going to be as easy as they thought, both work hard to make sure that their relationship doesn't fall in the cracks. But sometimes it can happen even ...more
michelle Shelly
Jan 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great friends to lovers coming of age read. The characters Trever and Gage have been friends since birth. Their parents are best friends, family.

I really enjoyed this quick read. It's sweet, the characters are loveable and there is even a little drama.
Debbora
This wasn’t my favorite by this author. The writing was good, the storyline could have been better. It was more PG13 than not. The little bit of drama was all about nothing quickly resolved.
Pianisuparse
Dec 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 .5 'This was a really really sweet best friends to lovers read which I am an absolute sucker for' stars.
Sloan Johnson is a big city girl trapped in a country girl’s body. While she longs for the hustle and bustle of New York City or Las Vegas, she hasn’t yet figured out how to sit on the deck with her morning coffee, watching the deer and wild turkeys in the fields while surrounded by concrete and glass.

When she was three, her parents received their first call from the principal asking them to pick