Start by marking “Boracay Vows (Carpe Diem Chronicles #1)” as Want to Read:
Boracay Vows (Carpe Diem Chronicles #1)

Boracay Vows

(Carpe Diem Chronicles #1)

To fulfill one vow she has to break another

Krista Lopez has five days to fulfill her Turning-Thirty Vow—the promise to do something life-changing in celebration of this milestone birthday. Her plan: give in to her attraction to her boss Mr. Blake Ryan.

Krista’s Irish-American hunk of a boss is conveniently vacationing in the same posh resort in Boracay. When he prop

ebook
Published November 21st 2017 by Maida Malby

To ask other readers questions about Boracay Vows, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Boracay Vows

Start your review of Boracay Vows (Carpe Diem Chronicles #1)
Frances
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Loved Krista and Blake's story. We need more fabulous multicultural romances, and this one certainly fits that bill. Loved the two characters together and their chemistry. I also really enjoyed the side characters, you can tell that the friendships between Krista and her friends were genuine. Romantic love is not the only one featured in this book which made me smile. If I had one piece of advice for you though, do not read this book on the plane like I did with no food in sight. You WILL regret ...more
Tracy DeNeal
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Krista and Blake

Carpe Diem, indeed!

Goodness gracious when can I get a ticket to Boracay? This story has provided quite an education around a culture that I should know more about considering that my aunt is originally from the Philippines.

NBSB = No Boyfriend Since Birth, imagine that at nearly 30 years old! In a sense, Krista Lopez is facing a universal dilemma. Born a child of mixed heritage in an essentially homogeneous culture. Coupled with foreign tallness and adolescent obesity with its a
Maida
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Boracay Vows will always be special to me as it's my first born. Krista has a little bit of me and Blake has a little bit of my hubby in him. The food, hats, and shoes--they're all me. So is the female friendship. And the closeness of family relationships.
Brianna
Dec 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing Romance, Characters, and Setting

This book was so good! I loved that if there was drama, it didn't last the whole book. The setting was amazing, with great descriptions of the beach, culture, food...everything. At the start of each chapter was a Filipino word, with its pronunciation and meaning given afterward, and I found that to be a fantastic touch.
As for the characters? Blake was an American CEO, who loved his family. He liked being in control, but not in a creepy way. He just liked
Nelle Nazario
If you are looking for a true multi-cultural romance, you've just found It! This was a great debut novel! The characters were well fleshed out, and oh boy the chemistry!

so many food references... I have hunger pains! I need a vacay to Boracay!
Courtney
Aug 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Review originally posted here: https://courtneyreadsromancesite.word...

I received this book as a gift from the author. All opinions are my own.

When an author is a friend, especially the longer I know them, I often worry about their book possibly disappointing me, as tastes can differ widely, as I have found from my experience as a member of a number of book groups. But my fears with Maida Malby’s debut were unfounded. In fact, her book is one of those rare debut novels that not only shows the pr
Tricia
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Boracay Vows is a great debut story! While it may seem insta-lust/love, they have actually known each other away from Boracay. I can't wait to meet Krista's friends and Blake's brothers in the rest of the series!
Erin Jungdahl
Feb 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: romance-novels
Swoon-worthy!

This beach resort romance made me want to seize the day and book a tropical vacation. The heroine grows so much from the beginning to the end and I can’t wait to see what’s next for Krista and Blake.
Nicole
May 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An Amazing Debut!
Boracay Vowsby Maida Malby is a wonderful debut novel! I've read it twice now and it's lovely! Travel, romance, opposites and true love despite their differences. Krist and blake are solid characters you genuinely want to root for. The setting is full of amazing details and so very real! If you like romance and a good book for you! I enjoyed every minute of it both times!
Catherine Stein
Nov 23, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Lovely romance

A lovely, sexy romance with beautiful details of Filipino culture, food, and people. It will put a smile on your face and make you hungry for both food and love.
Gena
Nov 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Such a fun book! This is an international romance based in the Philippines, specifically at a posh resort in Boracay. The hero and heroine already know each other from work, so the set-up is simple: he has his eye on her and wants to get to know her better, and she wants to move away from her very prim and proper past toward a more open future. The author's particular strength is her sense of place: the reader knows immediately that this place is special, through the descriptions of the resort, ...more
Sera Taíno
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfect read for a vacation or a weekend at the beach. Krista is a somewhat conservative girl on vacation who decides, for her birthday, and despite the many vows and promises she's made to others, that's she's going to "seize the moment" and give in to her attraction to Blake, her boss. Blake likes being the boss but he is also a kind, considerate hero. The chemistry between them is off the charts and, even though they might not see it, the reader knows they'll be perfect together. The writing ...more
Beth Hale
Jun 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Boracay Vows is a delightful tale of finding love. I enjoyed the way Malby wove culture into the romance, proving the genre CAN be inclusive.

Krista and Blake are two characters the readers can relate to. I enjoyed the chemistry between them. The conflict is on point, the description is lovely, and the pace is easy. Best of all: the writing didn't suck.

Maida Malby is a fresh new voice in romance, and I'll be reading more of her work.
Lori M
Dec 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is a story about a conservative woman with strong family values breaking out of her shell and taking chances. It's a nice warm beachy read on a cold winter night.

There were a couple of things I had questions about at the end, but I'm sure they will be addressed in the upcoming book that will follow this couple into the next stage of their relationship.

Great debut novel. If you like contemporary romance and the beach, this one will suit you nicely.
Sheila Thomas
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Boracay Vows is a story of two strong-willed people, who find their way to each other.Krista is the employee of Blake. A VOW was made to Krista friends that she will relax and open to meeting people. Mainly, men !! Her friends gave her the trip as a birthday present. Blake, as her boss, always went by the book. On Boracay, he goes after Krista as a friend and a lover.
Saynab
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
What a debut

Got an ARC to post an honest review
and let me tell you I wasn't disappointed

Loved Krista and Blake
It's a wonderful romance, intelligent characters,witty dialogue and sizzling chemistry

Can't wait for the next book
Highly recommended
Allegra Johnson
Jan 27, 2020 rated it it was amazing
A great romance with exotic locations and fun characters. I found myself getting lost in the story, which is never a bad thing. A definite re-read.
Cecille
Feb 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Romantic

Great debut book! A very romantic read indeed! Read it three times!!! I love how Krista and Blake resolved their issues, quick and no big dramas. But you can feel the emotions. Very relatable characters. I am so looking forward to the next book!
Rochelle
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
An excellent debut for a promising series

The setting of Boracay created a magical backdrop for a beautiful first relationship story filled with Filipino culture. Blake and Krista are strong characters with plenty of conflicts to keep them apart, however love has a funny way of getting past all that. I’m even more determined to get myself invited to dinner now after reading such a sensory-rich story. I’ll be one-clicking the next story immediately.
Danielle Smith
Mar 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really enjoyed this book! It was a light, fun read. Krista is a conservative woman who decides to “seize the day” and take hold of what she wants. Blake is a CEO who is very kind and generous. I loved reading about the culture and now want to plan my trip to Boracay!
Luz Trevino
Lovely story and a wonderful start to a series that I look forwards to reading!
Sharon
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: contemporary romance fans, good beach read
Jm
Dec 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I was really excited to read this book, written by a fellow Filipino and set in my home country. Not only that, it's in one of my most favorite places in the world! Boracay is a brilliant choice of location. The island is a character in itself, providing just the right feel and atmosphere. Those of us who've been there know the magic of the island that makes it perfect backdrop for a love story.

I love the use of a Filipino term to introduce each chapter. It feels good to finally see the familia
Lisa

Captivating characters in an exotic locale!

Maida Malby’s debut novel Boracay Vows, brings to life not only Krista and Blake but the island of Boracay itself! The sights, the smells, the food, and the language all come together along with her characters to form an enchanting novel.
devyn_amidala_kenobi
This book was not exceptional, like the reviews seem to hint. It was an okay read, an easy read, but not one that inspired any extreme emotion. You know from the get-go that there's gonna be a happy ending. Very rarely do I enjoy this - I usually like a bit of mystery as to how a happy ending will be achieved. If you can tell right away that things will be fine, what's the point?

I had issues with the main squeeze. Blake was a bit of a douche. Maybe not so much in his actions, but in the way he t
Claire Annovazzi
Mar 02, 2020 rated it it was amazing
I was a bit afraid at first because of the mixed raced main female character. I have sometimes trouble to relate to characters too different than me--like younger characters, or characters of another cultural heritage. But here, I had no trouble, because the author helped me get inside her head. What it is to be a Filipina, how you’re supposed to behave, what you’re supposed to think and do, what the world looks like to you... everything is explained, and it helped me connect with Krista.

Hence I
Fedora
Nov 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Four and a half stars

Krista Lopez is about to turn thirty, and her girlfriends not only send her to a posh resort to celebrate, but pack her suitcase with flattering outfits that reveal far more of her lush figure than she's used to showing. After all, after years of keeping herself focused on work and caring for her family (mostly while dressed like a nun), it's on her birthday to-do list to start living out the idea of Carpe Diem. And well, if her hunky Irish-American boss Blake Ryan happens t
Nikita Navalkar
Jun 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
A beachy, foodie romance

Set in the paradise of Boracay, and teeming with delicious descriptions of food, this is a great summer vacation read!
This book brings to mind historicals, with the fairly traditional courtship and the author’s clever use of old school language in places. Blake and Krista’s story feels very real, as if it could happen to anyone. I would have loved to see some more conflict, but I loved how they communicated and dealt with their issues in a matured fashion. I found I have
Gena
Nov 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sathepine Marco
I haven’t been reading a lot of romance novels and I’m not really the target audience for this book, so I don’t know how it compares to other romances nowadays. The sexy parts were definitely spicy for sure but storywise it wasn’t as impressive as I’d hoped. However despite the plot feeling contrived and rushed, the male character quite bland, and the conflict kind of lackluster, it still was quite an enjoyable read especially with all the Filipino touches. I’m also Filipino, so I really appreci ...more

• The Fix (The Carolina Connections, #1)
  • Yours in Scandal (Man of the Year, #1)
  • Yours to Keep (Man of the Year, #2)
  • Space Junk: Houston, We Have a Hottie (Space #2)
  • Plane Love
  • Not a Mourning Person (Potions and Passions, #2)
  • Faker
  • Marriage on Madison Avenue (Central Park Pact, #3)
  • Wall Street Titan (Wall Street Titan, #1)
  • Not the Girl You Marry
  • The Right Swipe (Modern Love, #1)
  • Moonlighter (The Company, #1)
  • Titan's Addiction (Wall Street Titan, #2)
  • Love on Lexington Avenue
  • The Unhandsome Prince
  • Savaged
  • The Prisoner's Wife
  • The Lady's Guide to Celestial Mechanics (Feminine Pursuits, #1)
Maida Malby cooks up multicultural, foodie, international contemporary romance stories filled with sizzling heat, mouthwatering spice, and a whole lotta love.

She is a member of several writing groups and romance book clubs. Her To-Be-Read Mountain and book reviews are featured on her website www.maidamalby.com.

When not writing, reading, or reviewing books, Maida consults her husband on word select

Carpe Diem Chronicles (3 books)
  • Singapore Fling (Carpe Diem Chronicles 2)
  • Samui Heat (Carpe Diem Chronicles 3)