Start by marking “The Visual MBA” as Want to Read:
The Visual MBA

The Visual MBA

really liked it 4.00  ·  Rating details ·  95 ratings  ·  15 reviews
One of Kickstarter's top sellers, raising over 1,000% and selling in 34 countries around the world. Over two years of his MBA program, Jason Barron took sketchnotes that anyone can understand. Whether you’ve never been to business school, already attended, or are in a program currently, he created this book with you in mind. Each chapter is an individual class packed with ...more
Published 2017 by Self

To ask other readers questions about The Visual MBA, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Visual MBA

really liked it 4.00  ·

roxi Net
Oct 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I loved this book -- as I try to get motivated to get my master's degree (preferably in Library Science), I've been debating on MBA. Just the thought of going back to school makes me tear my hair out. Why can't there be more books like The Visual MBA where we can read, take a test, and be done with it all? It's a great resource (I just wish it came with a degree).
Jason Smith
Apr 18, 2018 rated it liked it
A good reference material. It's like reading the powerpoint slides for various lectures covered in the span of an MBA's coursework. The inclusion of course numbers by some of the sections is superfluous unless you're attending the same institution as the author. Overall it achieves its purpose.
Chanh Nguyen
Jun 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
After reading Visual MBA, I wished I read this earlier, don't agree with these dimension in depth. However, It's a fantastic combination ever that you have a full picture of how to run a business, become GM. It reminded about my favorite quote:

“Thinking is difficult, that’s why most people judge.” ― C.G. Jung

Business Negotiations
S
Eduardo Rosas
Jul 17, 2019 rated it did not like it
I guess this is not how I learn.
Lisa Day
Jun 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I am a visual learner so this book was completely perfect for me. I have my masters degree in marketing, but have always wanted to get my actual MBA. However, the thought of working on the degree scares me. I loved that this book provided the knowledge I desire while being done in a way I can comprehend and absorb. If you are a visual learner...which I believe so many people are now...and want to increase your education I highly recommend this book. So much value!!
Michael Wolcott
Unique idea that aligns well with visual thinking and combines a large amount of information succinctly. The book itself takes only about 1-1.5 hours to read. The downside of the visual aspects is it did not allow for too much depth in the information so it feels like major principles were missing or that it would be difficult to apply without sufficient understanding.
Sara
Aug 03, 2019 rated it liked it
The book is clearly not a replacement for an MBA program, but it is a good refresher on common frameworks and topics. Having earned an MBA from a top program, I prefer some of the models specific to my professors, and I got more in-depth and useful critical thinking structures from my classes, but many of the basic "must know" items are covered decently here (e.g., Porter's Five forces, Steve Blank's entrepreneurship process, 4 Ps of marketing). What's missing is application, examples, and the s ...more
Jessica
Jun 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
As a business professional I am always looking for great quick methods of understanding or refreshing on common business concepts. The Visual MBA is just that! This book contains great graphic presentations anyone can use! As a current MBA student I found this book to be a useful supplement to many of my graduate classes and wish it had been available while I was going through my undergrad studies. I highly recommend this book and have already convinced multiple friends to purchase it.
Dave Cass
Aug 13, 2019 rated it liked it
As a layman with no business background, I believe this book gives a good overview of the breadth of topics associated with an MBA. In it, Barron covers strategy, ethics, finance and plenty more. The visuals improve the book's readability.

However, would have enjoyed it more if it were slightly more academic. My impression is that the average reader is already somewhat educated. This book could be amazing with additional descriptions or examples of what's going on.
Darya
Jul 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic experience is awaiting you in this book. It makes you think and region your knowledge and skills. The book is very engaging because of the unusual format and the way it represents the concepts of business areas. Some of the chapters helped me to generate new ideas. Definitely recommend for reading!
Justin
Jul 23, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't have an MBA so I can't say how well prepared this would leave you but it does seem to cover many important business aspects well, it even summarizes one of my favorite books in one page. There are times where the illustrations/text feels more like notes the author made to him than valuable content but these times are few.
Corey
Apr 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Visual MBA is just that, a way to visualize an MBA program. Not meant to replace an MBA, but meant to visualize concepts covered in a traditional program. Most importantly for me, it is a visual reminder to me of my own experience getting my MBA.

Each page has relevant information useful to everyone, not just MBA students. The pictures are simple, but fun and instructive.
Tariq
Aug 13, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It’s a good read

I recommend the book for those who would like to refresh their knowledge about management.
The book is so concise, that sometime topic are not fully explained.
If you want to buy it, make sure you have basic knowledge about the topics covered.
Brittany Bernardi
Jun 29, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: business
Helpful overview - as someone considering pursuing an MBA it was good to feel like I have a more clear view as to what to expect from that process - even if it's just a super high level.
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt
Jul 02, 2019
Nicolet Groen
May 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2019-bookshelf
I love the approach the author chose to explain how businesses work. The layout, drawings, and use of color make it a fun, and very informative read. The only choice I do not understand is why the book starts with a chapter on leadership (which is still good, don't get me wrong). I would have prefered it to move until after the financials. The book is not just an excellent start for anyone who wants to build a business. I think the approach is great for any student especially in high school, to ...more
Amy