Start by marking “Attack Zone (Murder on Ice, #1)” as Want to Read:
Attack Zone (Murder on Ice, #1)

Attack Zone

(Murder on Ice #1)

I had one goal.
Win an Olympic Medal.

Winning the Ladies Figure Skating Olympic Gold Medal should be my only focus, but my life has other plans for me. My father, the U. S. Senator, and my Stepmonster like to remind me that my role in our family comes with great expectations — and even greater responsibility.
Translation: Marry a man that will make them even more prestigi
Published January 16th 2018 by Jennifer Rebecca Laura

To ask other readers questions about Attack Zone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Attack Zone

Start your review of Attack Zone (Murder on Ice, #1)
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Jan 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-love
I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of the book.

I'll admit, I struggled with this book a bit but then I was so in to it - I pretty much read it in one (sort of long) sitting. I felt like I was abandoned in the middle of a story and really needed more background and details, but some of them were supplied over the course of the story and it was a really fun and funny ride along the way. Sophia sort of got on my nerves a bit - in her quest for independence (and a gold medal), she really
Pavitra (For The Love of Fictional Worlds)

WHIPLASH – was the feeling that dominated my reading of this book – I finished this book in half a day, but it felt like a roller coaster for at least 98% of the book!

Sophie Dubois and Kane “F*cking” Green have a history; a history that takes its sweet little time to reveal itself to the reader, but right from the start, I was made to feel like I should have known what the history was between them.

Sophie, as a heroine, came off to me as a childish, immature woman, with bouts of brattishness that
Mary Howard
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amusing. Addictive. Gripping. Spine- tingling. Romantic. Full of suspense.
Those are just a few words I'd use to describe this book.

Detective kane green is all MAN, and a fine one at that. I mean who doesn't love a man in uniform?? I couldn't get enough of him being all caveman and persistent when it came to getting his “Tinkerbell”.
Sophia had her life planned out. Going to the Olympics was at the top with that being her main focus. Adding anything else would have been a distraction which is wh
Michelle
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing

Arc provided on behalf of The Wandering Bookaholic in exchange of an honest review

Attack zone was my first read by Jennifer Rebecca and it definitely won’t be my last.
It’s the first book in the Murder on Ice Mysteries and I don’t think I’ve laughed so much reading a book. The wit and humour is brilliant, especially from the Dangerous Dames...I want so bad to be part of their group. Who would have thought 2 grannies cold be so crazy!!

I loved the MC’s too. Sophia is the daughter of a senator an
Ree
Jan 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is a very funny & quirky romance with lots of heat & sexy times.

Sophia's internal dialogue is HILARIOUS! Coupled with her very obvious, yet adorable naivete, she's a character that you get to love very quickly. The Dangerous Dames are another crazy, zany, yet sweet & supportive bunch. It's my first time meeting them, and we hit it off quite well lol! Kane is as crazy about Sophia as she is about him, and watching them finally get together is awesomely sweet. He is equal parts frustrated by
Alphas Do It Better Book Blog

I love books that can make me laugh out loud! Attack Zone by Jennifer Rebecca delivered! This was my first book from this author but I liked it so much, I already exercised my one-click finger to pick up a few more funny indulgences.

Reckless Readers
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Attack Zone was one of those books where I didn’t stop laughing from the very beginning until the end because it is very well written and very witty. I haven’t read a book as witty in quite a while so it was refreshing to read. Sophia and Detective Kade F**king Green have chemistry for days, I loved these main characters but I also loved the background characters like the crazy old ladies.
Jennifer Rebecca has started this series off with a bang, I cannot wait to see what comes next from the Murd
Dimple
Jan 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2018

These two characters had chemistry for days. She had a goal was single-minded in its pursuit, until he complicates her life...again. What a complication he is but what a way to go! There are a lot of twists and turns that I want you to experience on your own but I'v
Shawn
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Who doesn't want Kade Effin Green? I do, but sadly he is already claimed by his Princess. Sophie is a smart mouth skater that has some if the best sayings! She made me want to be a part of her small group of friends from the beginning.

Jennifer does an amazing job at mixing mystery and romance!
Obsessive Book Nerd Lauren
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5 Sexy Ex-Hockey Player Stars

Can I just say that Jennifer Rebecca writes some of the most entertaining stories ever. Like, sometimes I'm sitting there thinking, "what is going on? This scene is madness!" but I find myself happy and at ease with the story. I mean, why wouldn't a story that uses words like "man meat" on the regular not make you giggle?

The story was easy to follow and the characters were fantastic and full of personality. I'm really looking forward to reading more stories about
Lauren Helms
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jennifer Rebecca writes some of the most entertaining stories ever. I mean, why wouldn’t a story that uses terms like “man meat” on the regular not make you giggle? The story was super fun and the characters were fantastic & full of personality.
Elizabeth Swain
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Detective Kane Green or as Sophia calls him Kane F**king Green... is someone that seems to gravitate towards her. The only thing she needs out of life is to win her Olympic Medal and stay the Hell away from him!

I spent the time reading this book and laughed out loud almost the entire way through! It's was sexy, suspenseful and cry your eyes out funny! Throw in the group of old ladies called the Dangerous Dames and you have a great read!
Crystal
Jan 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: january-arc
Wow.. okay this book had me scratching my head and wondering what was going on. It jumped around so much. It was back and forth and I found myself having to reread things because I was not sure what was going on.

Attack Zone is the first book in the Murder on Ice Mysteries by author Jennifer Rebecca. This book is about Sophie and Kane. Sophie is an aspiring Olympic hopeful and she is also the daughter of a prominent politician. This is her last year to be able to go for the Gold Medal and she is
NICUnurse Stephanie
Mar 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
Attack Zone is book one in the Murder on Ice Mysteries by author Jennifer Rebecca. There is a lot of cross over of characters between this series and her Funerals and Obituaries series, but all the books can be read as standalone books. However...you’ll truly miss out on some uniquely hilarious characters if you skip any. I stumbled upon this author not too long ago with her Claire Goodnite series and fell in love with her style of writing and with the humor and wit infused in all the books of h ...more
Bourbon, Books and Brenda
Dec 31, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: four-star-read
Three words: Kane F$@king Greene

******
Overall Rating: ⛸⛸⛸⛸
Kindle unlimited: Yes
******
I will be honest, I have had this book for awhile but I just didn’t think I would like any story more than Trent and Shelby with those Dangerous Dames. Well, now I feel stupid for waiting so long because I have been converted over to Kane F$@cking Greene’s side!
This book is a cute little second-chance romance. Sophie is a Senator’s daughter and a sweet professional ice skater. Kane was a former hockey player t
Katherine
Apr 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Event

I thought I was reading the first book in the series, but clearly I missed Trent & Shelby's story. Nevertheless, I was about to understand and enjoy this book about Kane & Sophie without knowing exactly what happened with them. Then I was so wrapped up in "The Event" that I didn't see the exact ending coming! Overall, very good read!
Beverly
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
So funny

This book was even better then the last! Grannies and Daisy are so hilarious! I about died laughing at their new business venture.Kane and Sophie are great together,I was so happy when her father finally stood up for her was just an over all awesome book to read.
Teri
Jan 27, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read from JR! I look forward to the next in the series. The grannies are hysterical.
Christina Del Moral
Mar 09, 2020
Ashley
rated it it was ok
Jan 18, 2018

• Badger to the Bone (Honey Badger Chronicles, #3)
  • Take My Control
  • CAPTURED (Orion Protection, #1)
  • Unforgiven (Loveless, Texas #2)
  • The Rebel and the Rogue (Interstellar Brides Program, #19)
  • Mountain Desire (Wild Mountain Men, #3)
  • Sir Loin of Beef (Grade-A Beefcakes #1)
  • Mantrum
  • Scot Under the Covers (Wild Wicked Highlanders, #2)
  • Hero's Haven (Dark Protectors #11)
  • Bonded in Blood (A Dark Legacy, #1)
  • Pirates, Passion and Plunder: seventeen wicked tales
  • Creeping Beautiful (Creeping Beautiful, #1)
  • Breaking His Code (Away From Keyboard, #1)
  • Slade (Captive to the Dark, #1)
  • Reese (Pack of Misfits #2)
  • The Arcav Captain's Queen (Arcav Alien Invasion, #6)
  • Blake (Captive to the Dark, #2)
Jennifer is a thirty something lover of words, all words: the written, the spoken, the sung (even poorly), the sweet, the funny, and even the four letter variety. She is a native of San Diego, California where she grew up reading the Brownings and Rebecca with her mother and Clifford and the Dog who Glowed in the Dark with her dad, much to her mother's dismay.

Jennifer is a graduate of California

Murder on Ice (2 books)
  • Layback (Murder on Ice, #2)

News & Interviews

Looking for a fictional meet-cute in the new year? We've got some steamy novels for you to snuggle up with, including Casey McQuiston's...