Start by marking “Nano-Uncertainty: An AI that can program itself, a twisted murderer, a super geek, venture madness, and an uncertain outcome” as Want to Read:

Nano-Uncertainty brings to life the strange world of high-tech in the Bay Area while presenting the real danger of an unconstrained artificial intelligence.
Software super geek James Forrest becomes unexpectedly embroiled in a murder case when he is hired to investigate the software at Distributed Nanotech Inc., a Berkeley supercomputer software company. James tells Susan
Published October 30th 2017

Start your review of Nano-Uncertainty: An AI that can program itself, a twisted murderer, a super geek, venture madness, and an uncertain outcome
Patrick
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is a fantastic book. It probably helps to be a bit of a software geek though to understand parts of it. It describes very accurately what it's like to work in a software startup. I enjoyed the scenes of the SF Bay area since that's where I spent my working life.

The concepts of distributed parallel processing were fascinating. Makes me want to jump back in to developing some software again. Of course it brings up essential questions about whether we can make AI too smart. We will have to see
Angie Boyter
This book began well, with an interesting murder, but ultimately I got quite dissatisfied and skipped to the end, which turned out about as I expected (not a criticism, but there was nothing surprising suddenly popping up to redeem it).
I won't rate the book, because my reaction might have been tempered by the fact that I am a bit under the weather, but there was just too much there. It had a murder and an SF theme but added a romance that to me belonged in chicklit and Susanne moons over her dea
Janet Eriksson
Feb 09, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Couldn’t put it down. Incredibly engaging story and beautiful writing. Techie enough without being overdone. Good balance between action and caring about the characters, which is rare in this genre. Waiting for the sequel.
Linda Roberti
Feb 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really good read. I liked the way the author spun his web and introduced what he saw AI doing. The possibility of what it can do is creepy and creative.
Richard G. Doggett
Nov 12, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Read this book.
Bill K
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Great story

Interesting. Exciting. Fun. Page-turner. I really enjoyed this book and am eagerly looking forward to the promised sequel. Worth reading!
Kristen
Oct 16, 2018
Mark
May 13, 2018
Gary Durbin
Aug 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Sprueill
Apr 05, 2020
ken huhn
Feb 28, 2020
Rob Brethouwer
Jul 27, 2018
Kelly F Hawkins
Feb 22, 2018

• The Last Monument (Monument #1)
  • New Eden
  • The Stupidest Angel: A Heartwarming Tale of Christmas Terror (Pine Cove, #3)
  • Messiah's Handbook: Reminders for the Advanced Soul
  • We Shoot Typewriters
  • One
  • Pollyanna
  • Illusions: The Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah
  • Lost Hills (Eve Ronin, #1)
  • My Big Fat Fake Wedding
  • Final Days (Final Days #1)
  • Resurface (Interface, #2)
  • Round Earth Delusions: and other happy afflictions

News & Interviews

There's something so special about each class of debut YA authors; after all, young adult fiction is all about the hopefulness of new...
“All early-stage companies are running out of money. Until they turn profitable, they burn money. Managing them is a balance between growing, preserving cash, and raising money.” 0 likes