Start by marking “Archangel's Assassin” as Want to Read:
Archangel's Assassin

Archangel's Assassin

He wants to forget.

West is an archangel’s assassin delivering justice to supernatural creatures who break the law. Not a straightforward job because he also has to absorb the memories of those he kills. Even worse, West is breaking the law himself in an attempt to free his brother from hell. If he doesn’t succeed before his archangel boss finds out, West will be joining hi
Published November 28th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Archangel's Assassin, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Archangel's Assassin

Wendy
4.5-stars.png (600×117)

No one does Angels, Demons, Vampires and Faeries like Barbara Elsborg does. I am a huge fan of her PNR books and "Bloodline" and "Dirty Angel" are definitely two of my all time favorites. So of course I was jumping for joy, when I found out she was publising another PNR.

jumping_for_joy_by_piggybank12-d4jo8ma.gif (500×500)

A couple of pages into this book, and I was no longer jumping for joy, but crying big fat tears....

tears-gif-2.gif (500×217)

I should have known, because even though this author has the ability to make me laugh my ass off....she also always makes me cry m
Judith
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, favourite-author, m-m, pnr
4.5

I don't read that many PNR stories but Barbara Elsborg is one of my favourite Authors in this Genre.I love how she mixes it up with stories set in the present day combined with Mystical elements.

Tao (who I adored),wakes up in London with no memory of how he got there or who he is.The only indication of anything from his life is the bracelet he's wearing with 'Tao' written on it.

-he doesn't want to beg....but he has to in order to survive,

-he's confused and frightened but still has a sense of
Heather K (dentist in my spare time)
I adore Barbara Elsborg, and I always think she is underrated as an author. Her stories are a consistent mix of good characterizations, witty banter, and angst, and while she can veer a little heavy for me at times, when she delivers I'm always impressed.

Archangel's Assassin was a very good paranormal romance right in Barbara Elsborg's wheelhouse. I really love her paranormal stuff, and this one was no different.

I have a soft spot for an amnesia story, and I thought it fit very well here. I en
Tanu Gill
Dec 18, 2017 rated it it was amazing
After reading this book, I’ve reached the conclusion that no MM written by Barbara Elsborg can ever go unliked by me. Contrarily, I end up devouring them, marking and then forgetting about typos, getting extremely invested in the plot, laughing and crying along with the main characters, cheering them on to fight the villains, cursing the negative characters so they could be killed by my scorn alone, chuckling during all conversations (which probably makes me come across as an insane person), and ...more
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~3.5~

I love Elsborg's paranormal books and highly recommend the following, which also deal with angels and demons:

Dirty Angel by Barbara Elsborg

Bloodline (Unnamed London PNR Series #2) by Barbara Elsborg

The Demon You Know (Unnamed London PNR Series #3) by Barbara Elsborg

I was SO excited to read Archangel's Assassin, but I have mixed feelings about the story. The first couple chapters dragged for me, particularly the sections from West's POV. There was a lot of exposition, although Elsborg did a good job not giving too much away. We're allowed to discover West's world, his job, his obligations.

Likewise, we are thrown headfirst into the mystery s
☆ Todd
Nov 12, 2017 rated it liked it

After reading 4 other Elsborg contemporary stories, all being either 4 or 5 star reads, I was really excited to read one of her paranormal books.

I loved getting to know Tao, a mid-twenties homeless man who had woken up two months prior with no memories of his past. In spite of his dire circumstances, he was still an upbeat and hopeful character.

And upon meeting West and learning how he'd gone from being a sharp shooter in the military, then dying, only to become an assassin for the archangel Rap
Jewel
4.5 Stars

Archangel's Assassin was almost perfect. I do love Barbara Elsborg's paranormal novels. I like her mix of fairies, demons, and angels and her storytelling is so engaging, I could hardly put this one down.

West is an assassin, working for the Archangel Raphael. West is kind of bitter, but does his job because he's good at killing and and it gives his anger an outlet. Besides, it's better than being in Hell, right? He was a Special Forces sniper, when he was alive and in the military, and
Christelle
I’m not usually a fan of PNR, but with Barbara Elsborg, it works. Yes, I'm a fan of this author.

West, a snipper in his former life, now works for Raphael as his archangel’s assassin, executing all the supernatural creatures who break the law. But his afterlife is dark : all these killings make him feel unlovable, he is desperate to find a way to free his brother from Hell and on top of that, he has a nagging feeling he’s being dragged into an evil conspiracy. In a nutshell, he’s cold and suspici
haletostilinski
4.75 Stars!!!

description

I was not expecting to feel how I felt reading this - by which I mean absolutely loving this book. I thought I would like it it a lot at best, because the one other book by this author I read I liked but didn't love - but DAMN did I love this!

I only gave off .25 of a star because of the slow beginning - it takes until around 30% - for me at least - for this to start to pick up. And it wasn't like the first 30% of the book was bad, it was just slow because of all the world building,
Bev
I really love this author's writing, she has the knack of drawing me into the story from word one and she definitely did that here.

I loved Tao, despite everything he was up against he remained true to himself and others without even knowing he was doing it. Unfortunately I'm not a West fan, he was downright nasty to Tao at times which kind of took the shine off the book. 😞
Dimitri
Dec 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
LOVED IT

I fucking loved this and I stan Tao!! He was so loving and sweet and so freaking forceful!! Here is a man I can get behind. I am a firm believer that the one who can forgive and love with all their heart is the wisest one and the strongest one. Tao really does hold the proverbial "pants" in this realationship and I was LIVING FOR IT. Big strong West was wrapped around his finger. NO DOORMATS OVER HERE GUYS just a dude (Tao) who is ready to make his man (West) see the light (lol) and r
*J* Too Many Books Too Little Time
3.5 Stars!

I liked this one okay, but it wasn't my favorite Barbara Elsborg.

I found this one to be a bit slow and boring. I was never really engaged or connected. And I found some of the dialogue on the cheesy side.

That aside, this one had some of BE's trademark banter along with some nice steam.

I just wasn't hooked like I normally am and found myself putting the book down to do other things. I even skimmed some towards the end.
Sanaa  ☆ Sanaa's Book Blog ☆
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, m-m, paranormal
4.25 stars.

So I've seen quite a few of my Goodreads friends read this book and I was instantly intrigued. It was about an archangel assassin and about a man who's lost his memory. Also, this was my first book by Barbara so I was like sign me up.

I don't know what I was expecting but it was not that. Because it turned out to be surprisingly really good!

I'm not going to give you a summary of the book (you can read the blurb for that lol) but I will say that Barbara has the ability to make me fee
Lily
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I don't think I've read any of this author's books before, but it's probably a good time to check them out, since I enjoyed this one so much. The writing is great and the banter is top notch, so I have a feeling I'll like her other books.

I really enjoyed this story about the broody archangel's assassin, West, and his charming beloved, Tao. They are lovely characters. West, with his tragic past and difficult "job", and Tao, who doesn't remember anything from before he woke up two months ago.

But
Kathleen
Disappointed in the author’s religious arrogance. Or perhaps ignorance?

“Heaven and hell are not part of our mythology,” Kailen said. “There is no Christ figure.”

Uh, what about the Babylonians? Or the Jews? Or the Muslims? The concept of heaven and hell did not originate with Christianity.

Oh anyway, when an author rattles the bars of her Christian cage...I just have to move along.

EDIT: The author and I had a brief online conversation in which I learned she is not a cage-rattling Christian. :::r
Laxmama
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing
4.5 STARS, Another winner from Barbara Elsborg. I am soooo picky when it comes to reading a paranormal story - I find her books have just the right something for me, not too much over the top to make it believable yet enjoyable. And again in this one I loved both MC's, TAO was so special I could not help falling for him and West, figuring out their world and what was going on while they got to know each other made a great story. LOVE her books.
Jenny - TotallybookedBlog
Dec 02, 2017 rated it really liked it

4.5 fabulous stars!

“As an archangel’s assassin, you are on the side of right. Every life you end, should be by my command. You do not get to choose who lives and who dies.”
“I know.”
“That is my burden.”

Not only do we absolutely love Barbara Elsborg; her writing and her excellent dry sense of humour, but we are also huge fans of paranormal stories, specifically Angels and Fae. Archangel’s Assassin was brilliant. It was so well written, addictive, suspenseful, sweet and very sexy. We loved it and
Valerie
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Perfect! This is one of the best paranormal romances I’ve ever read! The connection between West and Tao is tangible from the first moment they met. West has become hardened from the job he’s assigned to, and the author makes his misery jump off the page, but Tao changes everything.

Tao has no memory past two months previous when he woke up in a park with a bracelet and no other clues. When he helps West, he puts himself in danger. As the story moves along, which I couldn’t put down, Tao’s goodne
Ky
Nov 05, 2017 rated it really liked it
Let's start with a little tip. If you start reading this book and the story can't hold your attention please don't give up. It took a while for me to get into the story and to care about what happened to the characters but after the 40% mark I couldn't put the book down.

The world building is a bit slow and it takes a while to fully understand what's happening. The story takes place in a world like ours but with supernatural elements in it that most humans aren't aware of. The explanation of how
.Lili.
Nov 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: m-m, m-m-pnr

I don't read Paranormal too often, but when the mood strikes Barbara Elsborg is one of my go tos. Her writing is smooth and effortless, and her stories always keep me engaged. Archangel's Assasin is about a man trying to find out who he is and an angel who can't stop himself from falling for him.

Highlights:

-Banter. This author has some excellent dialogue. Her characters' interactions never seize to amuse me.

-Mystery. Mysteries can sometimes make my eyes gloss over with boredom, but in this case
Steph ☀️
Oct 02, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Wow....💜

Be warned, you may shed some tears 😢. This was a wonderful story filled with many ups and downs; hope holding all of it together. Really good read! I only had two complaints with this story.

One being the ending. I just assumed with how emotional the story got it was heading in a certain direction, however that wasn’t the case and IMO it felt out of place.

The other being when all the people involved were revealed. I guess I expected a bit more detail/storyline here. So, what would’ve be
Aeren
Apr 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
Estoy un poco en conflicto con esta novela, la primera parte es fantasía urbana, ligeramente oscura, con tintes algo sangrientos y la segunda es como meterte de lleno en otro libro que casi parece un cuento de hadas, sin duda me quedo con la primera parte, aunque en general es una buena lectura si te va la fantasía, sea de la clase que sea. 3.5
NeRdyWYRM
Twisted Mythos

Religion. Myths. Tom-ay-to, to-mah-to. I won't get into that argument here. What I will say is that this book twisted a lot of mainstream assumptions about the mythology that goes along with religion—i.e., angels and demons—and mish-mashed them up with common supernatural phenomenon and fae and gargoyles and all kinds of other fun stuff. And that's what this was: a dark but fun ride. Dark with a capital 'D' for sure.

These MCs, and Raphael's assassin in particular, were just so ...
Joyfully Jay
Dec 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sammy
A Joyfully Jay review.

Archangel’s Assassin by Barbara Elsborg is an electrifying paranormal story that is rife with intrigue, mystery, and passion. This story is a stunning, action packed novel that thrusts the reader into it’s frantic pace and grips one by the throat. With danger at every turn, West rides a razor’s edge serving both light and dark forces and trying to carry the burden of guilt over his brother’s death. When he meets Tao, his first reaction is to push the man away—for
Gitte TotallyBookedBlog

“That is my burden.”

Chris
Dec 27, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: fantasy, lgbtq, paranormal
There was lots I liked about this book but other parts felt so rushed. There were so many elements to this story - so many challenges for Teo and West. Teo finds himself without memory, homeless and destitute until West happens to come upon him and is drawn to this bedraggled stranger. West is an assassin living a double life trying to please both an Archangel and a demon. The story unfolds and the constant chase continues with faeries, vampires, gargoyles and angels. Perhaps it was just a littl ...more
Diverse
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: december-2017-dr
I’ve been reading Barbara Elsborg for a while now. I will say of all her books the ones that deal with angels, demons, and fantasy are my favorite. She grasps it like no other I’ve ever read. The emotion is stronger, the plots tighter, the characters are so well written. She guarantees a happy ending but she will convince your heart that you’ll never see it. Making the end of the story that much more outstanding.

In Archangel’s Assassin she plays with our hearts. I cried so hard I couldn’t breath
Alexa
Nov 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I LOVED it. I ADORED it.
Barbara Elsborg is definitely my new go-to writer when it will come to PNR involving Angels, Demons and all the supernaturals...

Well... Duh!

So. We first meet Tao and let me tell you. Mrs Elsborg's books are always heavy but wow...
She went straight to the heart and squeezed all the feels with one hand...
My poor, poor Tao. So sweet, so innocent. So adorable. I loved him.
He woke up 2 months ago with absolutely no memories of who he is, where is from or if anyone is lookin
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »
Turning Pages At ...: Archangel's Assassin (M/M Buddy Read) by Barbara Elsborg 3 10 Dec 27, 2017 12:32PM
Paranormal Romanc...: New book out today 1 5 Nov 30, 2017 07:25AM
Barbara Elsborg lives in Kent in the south of England. She always wanted to be a spy, but having confessed to everyone without them even resorting to torture, she decided it was not for her. Vulcanology scorched her feet. A morbid fear of sharks put paid to marine biology. So instead, she spent several years successfully selling cyanide.

After dragging up two rotten, ungrateful children and frustra