Start by marking “Our Immaculate” as Want to Read:
Our Immaculate

Our Immaculate

"He shall wash his feet in the blood of the wicked, and he shall rejoice. We shall all rejoice."

Twenty-four hours ago, Electra Almacy was dying to leave Our Immaculate Academy for good. Now - hunted by a demented blood cult and a primeval entity known only as the Boy with the Red Feet- she may actually die trying to escape.

Last night, Delphi Makholwe, the school's newly ap
Paperback, First, 264 pages
Published October 31st 2017 by Sera Blue

To ask other readers questions about Our Immaculate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Our Immaculate

Start your review of Our Immaculate
Kelan Gerriety
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Our Immaculate is fast paced horror that sucks you up into a familiar and relatable high school setting and then just throws everything you hold safe and dear out the window.

The characters are real and in your face and unique, not just from other books but from each other as well, each bursting with their own personalities.
The location is routed in South Africa by more than just it's place setting, everything from dialogue to mannerisms speaks volumes to our gorgeous country without isolating in
Carmen Taxer
Nov 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ohhh, what to say?

Let me start with this: Being a Catholic school girl myself, from a school once taught at by nuns and still overrun with them, this story was pretty enticing. The atmosphere of religious oppression and dark confessionals takes me back to my junior primary school days, before I willingly opted out of confession for the rest of my life by telling (not asking) my parents that I was "not gonna be catholic anymore." Yup, that's me, she who at eight chose to be the non-elite at a cat
Nikita Boshoff
Mar 20, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Jason Hes truly is a masterful storyteller. It's been a long time since I picked up a book and couldn't put it down again. Even when I put it down, all I could think about was reading it again.

He has created a story where the fear starts off subtly, in simple, terrifying implications until it reaches the point where it's full-on horrifying but it's too late to turn back. It's grotesque, sordid sometimes revolting but it works.

He's given the horror genre a truly South African addition with its o
Terence Baines
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Horror and suspence fans
This is an amazingly refreshing read in the Horror genre. It is nicely paced with decent character build up and oozes with charm and thrills at the same time. Cannot wait for the stand alone sequel coming next year. Jason is an amazing author who captivates his target audience by keeping the content tangible to the people he is writing for.
Ilse Rensburg
Jul 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Hooked from the first line. Our Immaculate by Jason Hes is everything the pull quote on the cover says and more. I love Jason's use of description and how he weaves this story from start to finish. Never boring, an epic storyline (that I'm sure will raise a few sensitive readers eyebrows,) and strong characters that the South African youth can relate to. ...more
Bradley Gibb
Jun 16, 2019 rated it really liked it
All girls high School, blood, gore, horror. I say this delivered pretty well.
Gina-Rae Proxy
Aug 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. So I begged Sera Blue to do the cover art. Then after I did cover art they loved, I did new cover art because it needed to be even better. Then we also collaborated on some fun fluff like the main character's Q&A session on the last page.

I didn't feel that this was an accurate depiction of high school teens, but who cares!? It was hilarious and horrific and wonderful! It's Grindhouse inspired and I really felt that when I read it. I pictured the whole story with a fake grit fi
Clare Grové
Oct 27, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018
While not being my genre of choice, I couldn't stop reading. I wanted an answer to the origin of The Boy, and I wanted it to be earth-shattering philosophical. Pity it wasn't forthcoming.

As a recommendation for a mature audience, I was disappointed that the diction was not sophisticated - not once did I have to look up an unknown word.

I have read the other reviews and have to disagree about feeling the atmosphere of high school life. I am no expert albeit that I have literally been in a high s
Ashleigh Hattingh
Mar 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Dark, gory and set in South Africa, really nice to see literature in this genre coming out of South Africa. Well written with developed characters and thought out motivations.
Mike Alan
Apr 28, 2020 rated it really liked it
Horror set in an all girls high school, what better horror do you want??
Nastique Akshay
Jul 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Colorful Fiction at its Best!

Stimulating and heartbreaking... This plot will keep you intrigued from beginning to end. Characters are realistic, lovable and loathesome.

You're in for one hell of a read, at the hands of one of South Africa's greatest storytellers!
Kera
Feb 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
Not bad for my first horror book.

It was quick paced, and advanced quickly, though I think I'm numb to cults and scares, there were some good monsters - human and not-at-all human.

All in all, a good, refreshing read!
Hannah
Erin Hess
Dec 28, 2018
John West
Jan 25, 2019

• Crimson Skies  (EON Series, #1)
  • Into the Dark (EON Series Book 2)
  • Time Torn (The Lost Days, #1)
  • Misfortunism (Misfortunism Series Book 1)
  • Heka and the Colour Thief
  • Clockwork Renegades Vol. 1
  • Ethereal
  • Blood Sipper
  • Relative Scale
  • Shadows of Carnage (The Progenitor Trilogy Book 1)
  • Clockwork Renegades Vol. 2
  • The Dragon Child (The Dragon Child, #1)
  • The Black Cube
  • Twisted Fate (The Lost Days, #2)
  • Hacked