Start by marking “Look the Part” as Want to Read:
Look the Part

Look the Part

4.28  ·  Rating details ·  8,807 Ratings  ·  1,146 Reviews
Flint Hopkins finds the perfect tenant to rent the space above his Minneapolis-based law office.

All the t’s are crossed and i’s dotted on Ellen’s application. Her references are good. And she’s easy on the eyes.

Until …

Flint discovers Ellen Rodgers, Board-Certified Music Therapist, plays music. Bongos, guitars, singing—not Beethoven administered through noise-cancelling hea
Paperback, 1 edition, 380 pages
Published January 29th 2018 by Jewel E. Ann (first published January 27th 2018)

◆ Anna's ƦªϻƁℓℹռg$ ◆
5 STARS

Funny thing how when one of the most kick-ass authors in the romance genre releases a new book nothing matters to you anymore.

I can't believe I'm saying this: It doesn’t matter there’s a dead wife.

Or this: It doesn’t matter that one of the most fantastic heroes ever (Sorry, Flint. I just had to use that word) loved his dead wife beyond words.

All of a sudden, you stop being picky. All your triggers, pet peeves and things you usually avoid like the plague vanish into thin air.

Why is that?
Jewel Ann
Nov 14, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)  ·  review of another edition

NOW LIVE!!!

Amazon US: http://amzn.to/2GlCHel
Amazon UK: http://amzn.to/2BAPI00

A Chapter One first look:
Time to crack the cover and give you all an early peek at Look the Part ;)
Read chapter one today!

Coming January 29th,2018!!

There might be rats. Just saying.
Bibi
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
Ever so often and when one is privileged to read books that leave an indelible mark on the mind, you attempt to prolong the reading of it. These opportunities are rare-once or twice a year finds, books such as It Ends with Us or The Gravity of Us or 53 Letters for My Lover.

Look the Part will make you laugh, sigh and maybe even shed a tear.
*****4.5 STARS*****
{ARC Generously Provided by Author}

We’re that moment of light and whisper of hope that sprouts from the barren ground after the end of the world. It’s not him. It’s not me. It’s us. We defy the laws of existence. We are forgiveness and redemption. What we have is not a victory against all odds, it’s the inevitable.

There are a few things that can be said of Jewel’s books. They are unique and phenomenal. You can just tell she puts a lot of her soul into her writing and that she’
KAT ♕ Kitty Kats Crazy About Books ♕

LOOK THE PART: is a full length standalone contemporary romance novel by Jewel E. Ann. Spoken in ‘Dual Perspectives’

The ‘Prologue’ grabbed my attention straight away, a birthday celebration ended tragically, a man left broken and shattered. A man locked in the past even though ten years have gone by he's still paying for the sins of his past.

In this we meet thirty five year old Flint Hopkins, a hot uptight lawyer with a long suffering assistant Amanda that gets fired on a daily basis, Fli
Dilek VT
My initial thoughts about the book before reading it

- Single dad
- Didn't let his wife drive while he was drunk and had an accident in which he and his son survived but his wife died
- Lives a life of guilt with his autistic son
- Has one-night stands but doesn't do relationships
- Thinks of his dead wife all the time
- Falls for the heroine slowly (enemies to lovers)
- Heroine is a much too positive woman (annoying maybe?)
- Unplanned pregnancy

I don't think I will be able to forgive this hero and ro
NMmomof4
4.5 Stars

Overall Opinion: I really enjoyed this! I tried really hard not to get my expectations too high for this one, because I hate that disappointment I get when I do that sometimes -- But with that cover and blurb it instantly sold me! I have a 13 year old son with Asperger's syndrome/high functioning autism, so this was a joy to read about the perks and struggles of parenting such a child. Don't get me wrong -- every kid on the spectrum is different in their own special way (and the author
Jenny••Steamy Reads Blog••
***Now Available***

"Those who love you the most, will cherish what you cherish. They'll nurture what makes you -- you"
I can easily say, I think this one will be one of my top reads this year. This book stole my attention from the very start. It pulled my heart in literally all directions and let me tell you, holy emotional overload..... I was high, I was low, I was in love, I hated, I laughed, I cried, I became impatient, I became overwhelmed, and holy hell did I love

I'm not one for writing lo
Paige
5 “This Life” Stars

A masterpiece. Just like Flint’s suits. Look the Part played every single one of my emotions, and I loved it. Jewel E Ann is a genius of epic proportions. Her books always slay me and Look the Part is another romance that everyone needs to read.

Flint made a mistake. A huge one. And his life is never going to be the same because of it. Now he’s doing all that he can do to get by and make the best life he can for his son. Until he meets Ellen. She’s the exact opposite of Flint
Natalie The Biblioholic
It took me roughly 10 days to come up with something to write that would do this story justice. Right now, I know there is nothing that I can say that will illustrate the captivating beauty and pain that leaked from these pages. There is nothing that I can type that will give you a glimpse of the feels, the heart-rocking emotions, the utter devastation, and the sublime bliss that I found in this book. But I’m going to try anyway.

We should remember people in their most beautiful moments, but we
Malene
There’s a reason why Jewel E. Ann is one of my go to authors cause she never disappoints. I’m pretty sure that I always get a unique and highly emotional story. I was introduced to Flint Hopkins in the book called One and was instantly mesmerized by him. Look The Part can easily be read as a standalone.

Flint Hopkins and Ellen Rodgers carry this book beautifully. They crawled into my heart the moment they appeared in Look The Part. Their interactions and chemistry are incredible. Talk about chara
Jennifer Kyle
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
4.5 - 5 Stars

description
~Mindy Lynn~
5 Stars!

Jewel E. Ann is another NTM author that I lucked out on. I really loved this book and it is the first FM book I have read this year that I have liked. LOL

I was worried that this would be depressing and Flint hanging on to his dead wife's memory would put a dark cloud over most of the story. It didn't. Did he continue to feel guilt, pain, and love for his wife? Yes. Did he let it get in his way of moving on with Ellen? Yes. BUT it was complicated and messy and right for this story. Why?
Bev
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Well, that was a phenomenal surprise. Before I started this I wasn't too sure about Ellen from the blurb. Then I started it and ... I fell in love, totally and utterly. Fell in love with the characters - Ellen, Flint and Harrison as well as the side characters who were fantastic, fell in love with the story, fell in love with the writing, fell in love with the honesty and realness of the characters. There is nothing I can find fault with or didn't like. Not a thing.

What a truly gorgeous re
Jodi Bibliophile
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
(Please note that this review contains curse words. If you don't like the F word then please don't read on).

“I want this life”

Fuck a duck this book was fucking A-MAZ-ING!!!

Like, for real I had no idea I would LOVE it so much as I’ve not read this author before so I had no idea what to expect.

Well tickle my tits till Thursday I adored it!

Flint, after all his faults, I still wanted to sit on his face and the way that man wore a suit!! Wow!

And Elle was a crazy girl with rat babies! She rocked my
Hulya Kara Yuksel
Flint, I know you don't like that word but this book was absolutely

(^_^)

My Goodness, I laughed so bad while I was reading it. :) I LOVED Ellen & Flint's sense of humor so much. And don't let me started with their chemistry. It was hot as f@ck! :D

And this book is one of my favorites now and I highly recommend it to you. Trust me, you won't be regret for reading this book. <3

"Will you open your heart to me?”
His hands move to the clasp of my bra while his gaze remains locked to mine.
“Yes.”
Wendy
4 out of 5 stars.png (1278×248)

When I saw this one on GR it immediately grabbed my attention. Awesome blurb means awesome book right ?? Thankfully in this case it did ;)

Once I started reading "the prologue" there was no stopping until I was finished.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor dont stop me now + gif

This book starts out with a tragedy, leaving behind a broken broody jerky man....my favorite :P

Flint Hopkins is a single father, and a (stick in his ass) lawyer. I especially loved how he kept firing his assistant (no worries, you will like this part too).

Flint only excists to do
Dee Montoya
5++++ Hopeful Stars *****

Raw and beautiful. Look The Part is a story that evoked a million emotions in me as I was reading it. The characters and the story felt so real and relatable. I have no doubt that anyone who reads this book will fall irrevocably in love with Harrison, Ellen and Flint.

1_CFE45_C9_A857_49_F1_9_AB8_17_D94180_B376
image hosting facebook

B5_A947_C8_4892_4_EEA_A259_E1_B8_B08_CDDCA
image hosting facebook

Flint Hopkins was living inside his own personal hell until a new tenant, Ellen Rodgers rented the space above his office, and starts to to turn his world upsid
Angela (Reading Frenzy Book Blog)
5+ stars

Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to introduce you to my first five-star book of 2018. Look the Part is a massive gem in author Jewel E. Ann’s impressive collection of written treasures. This book is so stunning it took my breath away. It’s a unique take on second-chance romance, and it just may be my favorite work of hers to date.

I have a serious girl crush on Ellen. The woman is larger than life—joyful, talented, intuitive, and fearless. She is beyond cool. I want to be her when I gro
Sophie "Beware Of The Reader"
I got a copy of the book from the author but it didn't influence my as always honest opinion here below.

4,5 humming stars

As astonishing as it can seem this is my first Jewel E Ann ever! Now I understand why my friend Melanie is such a fan! It won’t be my last one that’s for sure 😉

This story has everything I love: humor, deep and complicated feelings, a hot hero seemingly grumpy but melting under the heroine’s touch, an autist kid and a fantastic heroine.

Ellen Rodgers has just moved from Cape C
Allison ❤️Will Never Conquer Her TBR❤️
ALL THE STARS!

photo 039B9F34-D462-4A88-A581-DDA03A6B121D_zpsa8bb2jzk.jpg

Fans of those angsty push and pull antics of a lust/hate relationship will devour Look the Part! If you’ve read Jewel E. Ann’s previous works, you’ll likely remember Flint Hopkins. Once a Sports Agent for Cage, star football player, he’s now an attorney, single-dad, and widower. Living a lonely existence chock full of regret for things he cannot change...ever.

Then one seemingly normal day, Ellen Rodgers stumbles into his life. An applicant for his upstairs office space rental, s
Corina☞BookTwinsReviews
This book deserves 6 stars!!

I was literally blown away by this novel.

Look the Part was my first book by Jewel E. Ann. But it won’t be my last.

This book was A M A Z I N G!!

Everything about this book was perfection. From the story to the characters. Especially the characters. The author managed to write two fantastic main characters, as well as a supporting cast that blew me away. The dialogues, the teasing, the never ending good-natured back and forth had me chuckling and laughing out loud. Ellen
Jan
***** 5 Stars *****

Available on Kindle Unlimited

Sometimes, when you least expect it, a story rocks your world and brings you to your knees.

They are moving, emotional and take me to tears, but I regret nothing.

Look the Part is a refreshing and special story. One of those you don't want to stop reading but life gets in your way and you get so frustrated! I wish I could have started this in another moment, where I could let myself to be consumed by it, savouring it without any stop.

I don't remembe
Danielle
Well, wasn't this just freaking fabulous.

Enemies to lovers. Humor. Angst. Steam.

Argh. I loved it so hard.
Sharon ∞❥ is an emotional book junkie ❥∞
4.5 ★'s

"She tastes like forgiveness and feels like freedom."

This is a story about two people who have made it through some pretty rough situations, each taking a different perspective.

Flint is a lawyer and owner of the building that Ellen leases an office from...he just didn't pay attention to the fact that she is a musical therapist and all that would entail. Almost immediately, he evicts her giving her two weeks to find a new place.

But almost immediately, she has gotten under his skin and s
~**Anna**~ A Romance Reader
Jan 30, 2018 rated it really liked it
Really liked it!

Flint and Ellen are perfect for each other. I like how she brings light to Flint’s life. Also Harrison was amazing! I loved that kid! I hope we see more of him in the future.

This was a beautiful story of second chances, family, love and forgiveness. I will be reading more books by this author for sure!
Diana
Look the Part, is my first book I read by this author, but it certainly will not be my last. Starting from the prologue, this author had my emotions all over the place.

Flint Hopkins made a really stupid decision, and now he is living with unfathomable grief and guilt. His entire life now, is focused on raising his autistic son, Harrison, on his own. He definitely didn’t count on his new office tenant to turn his world upside down and causing a crack in his cold heart.

Not only is Ellen Rodgers i
Pam Godwin
Jan 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
All-consuming, deep, seductive, so damn emotional--this book is everything I expect from Jewel E. Ann. I lived and breathed every second of the pain, desperation, love, and happiness these characters go through. I walked in their shoes, fought their fights, cried, sighed, shouted, and rejoiced with them. That's the power of Jewel's writing. She puts you in it and makes you feel. This book is magical and embodies everything I love about reading romance.
Arabella ~♡AB♡~
Look the Part was a humorous, but particularly emotional read that deals with forgiveness and learning to live with past mistakes.

Flint is a man who is living his life for one reason only - his 12-year-old son. He can be ornery, and a tough nut to crack, but when a musical therapist moves into his office block upstairs from him he finds that although she is annoying, she is infectiously adorable.

I really enjoyed this unique story, Flint deals with a huge amount of guilt, and although it was extr
Turning Pages At ...: Look the Part by Jewel E. Ann 77 22 Mar 07, 2018 09:44AM
Jewel is a free-spirited romance junkie with a quirky sense of humor. When she's not saving the planet one tree at a time, you can find her role modeling questionable behavior to her three boys, binge-watching Netflix with her husband, and writing mind-bending romance.

Her latest release is When Life Happened, an Amazon #1 Best Seller.

Current projects: A second spinoff from the Jack & Jill Se
More about Jewel E. Ann

Romance Deals

• The Wedding Shroud (Tales of Ancient Rome, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Release Me (Stark Trilogy, #1)
  • Better Off Without Him
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Veronica's Dragon (Icehome, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • No Prince Charming (Secrets of Stone Series Book 1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • A Loyal Heart (An Uncertain Choice, #4)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Surrender (Steel Brothers Saga, #6)
    $7.99 $2.49
  • Forged in Smoke (Red-Hot SEALs, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hunted (The Warrior Chronicles, #2)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • A Husband's Regret (Unwanted, #2)
  • Be My Reason
    $3.99 $1.99
  • The Jewel (The Lone City, #1)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Cuffed (Honor Bound Book 2)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • His Unlikely Lover (Unwanted, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Love Me Sweet (Bell Harbor, #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Forged in Ember (Red-Hot SEALs, #4)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Taking Catie (Temptation Saga #3)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • Desire After Dark (Gansett Island, #14)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • The Scotch King (Scotch #1)
    $6.99 $2.99
  • This Love of Mine (Mirror Lake, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Your Scandalous Ways (Fallen Women, #1)
  • The End of Feeling
    $4.49 $1.99
  • Seaside Hearts (Love in Bloom: Seaside Summers #2)
  • The Replacement Crush
    $5.99 $0.00
  • Forgotten Secrets (Singing River Legacy, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Knight (Endgame, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Storm Warrior (Grim, #1)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Bayside Passions (Bayside Summers, #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Misadventures with a Rookie (Misadventures, #11)
  • Finding Libbie: A Novel
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Love at Last (Love in Bloom: The Bradens at Peaceful Harbor, #6.5)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Nitro's Torment (Sydney Storm MC #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • A Strange Hymn (The Bargainer #2)
  • Only You
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Lily and the Duke (Sex and the Season #1)
    $5.99 $2.49
  • A Girl's Best Friend
    $9.99 $1.99
  • My Once and Future Duke (The Wagers of Sin, #1)
  • Surrender/Submission Bound Hearts 1 & 2
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Burn (Steel Brothers Saga, #5)
    $7.99 $3.49
  • Mistress of Magic
    $6.99 $1.99
  • The Duchess Deal (Girl Meets Duke, #1)
  • INK: A Love Story on 7th and Main
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Misadventures of a City Girl (Misadventures, #2)
  • A Ruthless Proposition
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Hearts at Seaside (Sweet with Heat: Seaside Summers #3)
  • Hometown Girl
    $3.99 $1.99
  • In Flight (Up in the Air, #1)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Mind (Trinity Trilogy #2)
    $6.99 $2.49
  • Rhapsodic (The Bargainer, #1)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • The Room Mate (Roommates, #1)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Decaying Empire (The Vanishing Girl, #2)
  • The Forgiving Hour
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Bright Side (Bright Side, #1)
  • The Fixer Upper
    $9.99 $1.99
  • Room for More (Cranberry Inn Book 2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Neanderthal Seeks Human (Knitting in the City, #1)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Chasing I Do (The Eastons #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Forever Hunted (Forever Bluegrass #9)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Slow Dance in Purgatory (Purgatory, #1)
  • The Cafe by the Sea
  • That Month in Tuscany
    $6.99 $2.49
  • My Brother Michael
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Something in the Way (Something in the Way, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Elect (Eagle Elite, #2)
  • Just Friends
    $7.80 $2.99
  • To Taste Temptation (Legend of the Four Soldiers, #1)
  • Ghosted
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Final Stand (Billionaire Bachelors, #7)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • The Billionaire's Dance (Billionaire Bachelors, #2)
    $2.99 $0.99
  • Find Me (Corrupted Hearts #3)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • Blackmailing the Billionaire (Billionaire Bachelors, #5)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Hunger (The Energy Vampires #2)
    $4.99 $1.99
  • The Billionaire Falls (Billionaire Bachelors, #3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Runaway Heiress (Billionaire Bachelors, #6)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Treading Water (Treading Water, #1)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Life Next Door (Love Not Included Book 3)
    $2.99 $1.49
  • Undeniable Love (Journey Of Love Book 2)
  • Bittersweet
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Mr. Perfect (Mister, #1)
  • Made for You
  • The Light In Summer
    $5.99 $1.99
  • For Love and Honor (An Uncertain Choice, #3)
    $7.99 $1.99
  • Collision Point (Brute Force, #1)
    $7.99 $2.99
  • The Journey Home
  • Heirs of Grace
    $3.99 $0.99
  • Storm Bound (Grim, #2)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Unforgettable Love (Journey of Love Book 3)
    $3.99 $1.49
  • Journey's End (Gilded Promises)
    $3.99 $1.99
  • Light After Dark (Gansett Island, #15)
    $4.99 $2.49
  • Pecan Pie and Deadly Lies (Adams Grove, #4)
    $4.99 $0.99
  • How To Marry A Werewolf (Claw & Courtship, #1)
“She tastes like forgiveness and feels like freedom.” 5 likes