Start by marking “The Personalized Diet: The Pioneering Program to Lose Weight and Prevent Disease” as Want to Read:

A paradigm-shifting diet book that explains why one-size-fits-all diets don't work and helps readers customize their diet to lose weight and improve health.
There are certain things we take as universal truths when it comes to dieting and health: kale is good; ice cream is bad. Until now. When Drs. Segal and Elinav published their groundbreaking research on personalized nu
Kindle Edition
Published December 26th 2017 by Grand Central Life & Style

To ask other readers questions about The Personalized Diet, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Personalized Diet

Start your review of The Personalized Diet: The Pioneering Program to Lose Weight and Prevent Disease
Ernst Hafen
Jan 16, 2020 rated it really liked it
One of the first books that describes a modern scientific approach to nutrition and come up with surprising results and easily testable personal responses to different food based on blood glucose monitoring.
Aimee Williams
Great premise, limited execution

I have high hopes for this book. The premise makes perfect sense to me and I am trying my hardest to follow the guidelines the authors set out for testing my blood sugar in conjunction with every meal I eat. I am seeing some interesting correlations, and for that reason, I am glad I read the book. But, there is very little practical advice in this book that is of use. Their associated tracking app is useless, so I cannot avail myself of their promised "scores" re:
Carlos Tamés mosiño
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excelente libro sobre lo ultimo en nutricion

Al igual que el autor durante años he practicado deporte, empezando con la motivación de bajar de peso. Conforme paso el tiempo mi carga deportiva incrementó de pequeñas carreras a pie a completar triatlones competitivos (natacion, bici, carrera) y de la misma forma mi hambre cada ves era mayor y mi peso subiendo cada vez mas de manera inexplicable tuve que adentrarme en este mundo de la lectura sobre nutrición, probar varias dietas y finalmente encont
Dustin Blanton
Mar 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
'The Personalized Diet' is a quick, well-organized, to-the-point read about some revolutionary findings in the world of human nutrition. These findings are backed up by prominent research in top-tier peer reviewed journals, and while the claims are radical and will require additional validation to be confirmed, they are as fascinating as they are provocative.

The authors lay out a clear explanation for how it might be possible that everyone has gotten diet wrong, and they explain how the average
Lorena Gómez Carrasco
Feb 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
No existe una dieta genérica que funcione bien para todo el mundo. Gracias al descubrimiento científico más innovador de la década en materia de nutrición, podrás personificar tu dieta, perderás peso y llevarás una alimentación saludable.
¡Olvídate de las dietas de una vez por todas! Es hora de que adoptes la mejor estrategia nutricional para ti, única para tu cuerpo, tus preferencias y tu estilo de vida.
Ben
Aug 11, 2019 rated it really liked it
'A generic, universal approach to nutrition simply cannot work. Food responses are highly personal and beyond any one measure. Diets that will maintain healthy blood glucose levels must therefore be personally tailored. The current nutritional paradigm, which searches for that one best diet, is inherently flawed. The best diet for all people does not exist. Our response to food is personal, so our dietary advice must also be personal.'
Cezi
Oct 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing

This book is amazing if you are looking for a more scientific approach to diate. I an so looking forward to trying the method. As i was reading i already had a lost of healthy foods in my diet that i think are problematic for my body.
Mary Flynn
Mar 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Interesting relationship between blood sugar and health and weight

I thought they made a good argument and had science to back their claim that blood sugar spikes contribute to health problems and weight gain.
Frances
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
If you want to know what food will not spike your blood sugar levels, this is your personal guide to what to eat.
Allison

• Deep Medicine: How Artificial Intelligence Can Make Healthcare Human Again
  • How To: Absurd Scientific Advice for Common Real-World Problems
  • Unnatural Causes
  • Man's Greatest Fear: The Final Phase of Human Evolution
  • The Complete Guide to Fasting: Heal Your Body Through Intermittent, Alternate-Day, and Extended Fasting
  • Eat to Beat Disease: The New Science of How Your Body Can Heal Itself
  • Humans: A Brief History of How We F*cked It All Up
  • The Telomere Effect: A Revolutionary Approach to Living Younger, Healthier, Longer
  • Upheaval: Turning Points for Nations in Crisis
  • The Diet Myth: The Real Science Behind What We Eat
  • Jean de Florette & Manon of the Springs (Two Novels)
  • Lifespan: Why We Age—and Why We Don't Have To
  • Stuff Matters: Exploring the Marvelous Materials That Shape Our Man-Made World
  • Gut: The Inside Story of Our Body’s Most Underrated Organ
  • The Frozen River: Seeking Silence in the Himalaya
  • The Maltese Manuscript (A Karen Pelletier Mystery #5)
  • Radical Acceptance: Embracing Your Life With the Heart of a Buddha

Related Articles

“The American Diabetes Association only specifies what fasting blood sugar numbers and blood sugar numbers should be 2 hours after meals (see here). You can find many different opinions about what numbers should be at other times, from 15 minutes after eating to 3 hours after eating. However, there is not an official consensus on this. We advise you not to worry about how your measures stack up against one number for each test. Instead, look at the whole arc of your blood sugar rise. If it goes up extremely high compared to other numbers, consider that a spike. If it goes up and stays up for a long time before coming back down to normal compared to other numbers, that may also be a sign that the meal or food is not a good one for you. 3. I’ve noticed that” 0 likes