Start by marking “Room 119: The Whitby Trader” as Want to Read:
Room 119: The Whitby Trader

Room 119: The Whitby Trader

High-flying trader Dean Harrison has it all – the London penthouse apartment; the fast car; the beautiful wife. But when the threads of Dean’s life start to unravel, they do so with alarming speed.

Following the advice of a frail stranger, Dean sets off for Welnetham Hall Hotel and is plunged into the mysterious world of Room 119 – a world where nothing makes sense. How doe
Kindle Edition, 1, 280 pages
Published December 14th 2017 by Amazon Digital Services

To ask other readers questions about Room 119, please sign up.
T.R. Horne Advanced Reader Copies (ARC) are usually sent before publication to bloggers, influencers, etc. It helps get the first word out and reviews from…moreAdvanced Reader Copies (ARC) are usually sent before publication to bloggers, influencers, etc. It helps get the first word out and reviews from readers. I usually read ARCs for my blog Raging Book Reviews at www.ragingbookreviews.wordpress.com (less)
T.F. Lince Thanks On pre-Order now, out Dec 14th as its having a last run through a proof reader, although its not in a bad state but will be available from then…moreThanks On pre-Order now, out Dec 14th as its having a last run through a proof reader, although its not in a bad state but will be available from then And yes signed up to KU so I guess it should be ok..

E-0book only initially will try and get a Print on Demand paperback ready in the new year.

Thanks for asking

Oh I had another review if you want a look and please tell all your friends if you like it.

Thanks

Trev(less)

Stephen Robert Collins
Jun 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Whitby is famous for Kippers, Dracula & been the worst place to go if have heart condition or in a wheelchair because it thousands of Bloody steps .
If never been to the Sea side town you not know that it's beautiful place but it's climb those steps you feel as if are trapped in memory of steps. This about Whitby Trader and his son Dean it's important you know about Whitby but it's not set in Whitby .
Dean Harrison is rich business man with money to burn has lovely wife, fast car & very
Michelle Ryles
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Thank goodness I am passionate about supporting local North East authors, or I might have missed this amazing book. I was expecting a novel about a stock trader who maybe takes one risk too many and loses his job, his family, and himself. What I did not expect was the direction that the story went in and my wholehearted enjoyment of it. Leave your expectations at the door for this one and just buckle up and enjoy the ride it takes you on.

For some readers, the beginning of the book might be a lit
Leila
Initially when I saw this debut book advertised I was drawn to it because of where the book is set. I have visited Whitby very many times since I was a small child. It is a beautiful seaside town with a lot of history including Whitby Abbey and the Dracula story. Trev Lince comes from Marske a short walk along the coast from where I live and again a place many time visited. His first novel originated from a dream.

I haven't been disappointed though. It has a most unusual theme centred around the
InkedBookDragon
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: reviewed

Room 119: The Whitby Trader was one of those books that I wasn't quite sure what to think when it was given to me. A first novel by a new author. Those tend to make me nervous. I have found that they are either fantastic, decent, or just not that good. I went into this book with only having skimmed the blurb because I wanted a clean slate going into it.

It started out on a high note which both excites me and makes me nervous. Start out too high and you can only
TeaAndBooks
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing

I received a free eBook copy from the author in exchange of an honest review

Writing: 5/5
Originality: 5/5
Characters: 5/5

Firstly, I want to give a huge thank you to T.F. Lince for issuing me with a review copy of this novel.

The story evolves around Dean Harrison, a trader who does his job exceptionally well. He has the image of a perfect life. He lives in a London penthouse apartment, he has a beautiful wife and daughter and a nice and fast car. However, things begin to change and Dean soon

Monique
Nov 14, 2017 rated it really liked it
'Room 119:The Whitby Trader' was a wonderful, magical, and sometimes scary tale of one man's chance at redemption.
With the dry British humor, there were a lot of twists and turns to keep the reader engaged - all of which culminated in a satisfying conclusion.
With Lince's first foray into writing, he has done an exceptionally good job!
Celia
Jan 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A pop of the cork and a glass of bubbly to T.F. Lince for his debut book, Room 119: The Whitby Trader.

Part mystery, part thriller, part fantasy, part romance, this book and its twisty-turny plot are a feather in Lince' cap, a beautiful rose in his lapel.

I came upon this book by pure luck/coincidence and am obviously glad that I did. I understand that
Lince had a dream/dreams from which this plot evolved.

I just have one sentence of advice for you, Trevor: go back to bed and dream up another one.
Patricia Burton
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Not my usual type of read, but I have been totally gripped by this storyline. It certainly pulls on your heartstrings and the main characters draw you in, to their never ending plight!
I have to admit, I'm a little worried as to how it will end.........sniff sniff or sigh of relief!

Oh my goodness, it took me several chapters to understand where this story was heading, but once my brain had finally grabbed the reins, I couldn't let go.
It's a great storyline, that brings home a moral understan
Julie Lacey
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I thought this was going to be a straight forward mystery book about a strange room in a hotel... well I was wrong!
The story has got so many elements to it that I was really drawn in and had to read constantly from half way through to find out how it ended.
Dean is struggling with the work/life balance and his wife gets to the point where she’s had enough. He also has problems at work so basically he reaches rock bottom.
He gets asked to stay in Room 119 at a hotel and so he thinks ‘why not?’
Wha
Jennifer Holder
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story is so different to anything I have ever read before. A must read.
You start thinking it’s going to be a typical spooky ghost story. I went into it thinking it was going to be a cliche.
I really need to stop thinking I know how a story is going to be!
This isn’t a ghost story, it is much deeper than that.
It’s wonderfully written, thought provoking and moving whilst still remaining humourous in places where it’s needed to be.
I don’t want to spoil the book for you, but please go in wit
Chris Callaghan
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A fantastical twisty and turny treat from fellow North east author, Trevor Lince. Full of imagination and sassy dialogue. An amazing debut novel.
Terry  (TBC)
Jan 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it!
What a rollercoaster. I was up, down,up, twisted, think your safe then down & round again!
So many ins & outs I have idea how this author kept up with this himself.
Great ending too. No spoilers but it will play with your mind
Emma-louise Smith
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Great book full of twists and turns. It kept me page turning and I found myself really drawn into the story. Extremely well written and unpredictable.
Claire lang
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A real page turner

If it wasn't a recommendation i doubt I would have read this book, but I'm over the moon that I did. The twists and turns kept you on your toes. I gasped, cried and I think I stopped breathing near the end. I couldn't read fast enough.
Una
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Another great read and interesting storyline that is very different from the usual mysteries that I've read. Loved the ending!!

I do have one or two questions, but don't want to spoil the fun for anyone.

One note though - the Irish jockey's name should be spelt Séamus.
Maggie
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The first few chapters of this book were rather heavy going. I have next to no interest in the ins & outs of city finance and Dean seemed to be the perfect example of all I find wrong with that world- driven by greed, never happy with what they've got and anxious to come out on top regardless of who gets trampled or neglected on the way.

However when things start going seriously wrong for Dean was when I began become intrigued. That fascination continued for the rest of the book. It is diffic
Cassandra MADEUP BookBlog
Jan 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing

The first while is slow but you need the background, you’ll see why!!

I don’t want to say much because I don’t want to ruin the book for you, but just WOW. Gripping storyline, and not an expected one either!

The writing style was great, easy to read and drags you into what’s going on, i both admired and wanted to slap the main character to begin with haha

I couldn’t put it down once i got a few chapters into it, and then when he gets to room 119 the book just gets better! Brilliantly written, I r
Maja
Jan 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book took me by surprise; unexpected twists to a long expected tale. "The Whitby Trader" begins like any other story about a trader-wheeler-dealer making that one error in judgement that sends his whole life plummeting down. In Dean Harrison's case he literally does plummet, shimmering in and out of consciousness as he struggles to come to terms with failure.
But then Lince draws us onto some rather unexpected journeys, forcing the reader to contend with some rather pressing (but difficult
Kelly (purplebookstand)
Jan 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Room 119-The Whitby Trader

Whitby is one of my favourite places, I especially love the history behind the town, so when I had the opportunity to read Room 119 and it’s links to Whitby, I jumped at the chance!

You cannot fail to be entertained by this book. It draws you in, grabs you and will not let you go. It’s an atmospheric read with twists and turns that will keep you on the edge of your seat throughout. I don’t want to give any spoilers away, suffice to say I highly recommend this great debut
Wendy
Mar 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! This is an amazing read and without giving anything away, it’s really hard to write a review.

I have to admit, it wasn’t what I’d expected as I started reading. The storyline flips at about 30% into a chaotic world of weirdness which I loved.

I was able to relate to the characters and found Dean learnt the lessons in his life that needed changing for his life to move forward.

The plot was very twisted and there were a load of threads through the book that tied up well by the end. I loved ho
Priya
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: read-in-2018
This is a brilliantly imagined and written debut novel.
Based on one man's chance at redemption, it highlights what should be important in our lives.
There are parallel story threads that move beautifully together.
The pace is frenetic at times and the reader is drawn into the race.
The cast of characters and the interesting story made it a wonderful read for me.
Elaine Emmerick
Nov 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
IT'S A JOURNEY OF THE MIND AND HEART!

1. Characters ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Dean Harrison is a stock trader.
Dexter Falconer is Dean's boss; he owns Falconer International.
Oliver Steadman-Fisher is a whiz kid who works with Dean.
Sarah Harrison is Dean's wife.
Jodie Harrison is Dean's and Sarah's daughter.

2. Plot ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ (SPOILER ALERT!!SKIP THIS IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE TOO MUCH)
Dean Harrison is a stock trader and is a very good one. He hits all his stock targets and Dexter Falconer congratulates him for his good work.
Michelle  Driscoll
Feb 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: tbc-review-books
A very different book than my normal genre, but I really enjoyed it. An unusual story that kept me turning the pages, lots of unexpected things going on, and an emotional book.

I have to admit I didn't like the main character at first, he was driven by greed at work and paid very little attention to his wife and daughter. That changed as the book progressed and by the end of the book I loved him!

A brilliant debut from this author, I hope there are more to come.
Jessie (thatchickwithabook)
Dec 09, 2017 rated it really liked it
Room 119: The Whitby Trader was nothing at all like I expected. Not that I knew what to expect, because I do like to go into novels blind. As spoiler-free as I can possibly be, I would say this novel has something for everybody. Aspects of mythical characters, fantasy, horror, romance, family drama, but at the core very character-driven. Yes, there’s plenty of characters to get caught up with, but it’s well done and you’re never confused.
There were certain parts where it was obvious it was the a
Dianne James
Mar 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Dean Harrison is a high-flying trader and the world is his oyster until the day it all comes crashing down around him. When he drives to Beachy Head to fling himself over, (his charmed life in tatters), he meets an old man who sends him on an unbelievable journey that will open his eyes and change him forever.

This is an oustanding debut novel! It kept me reading well into the night as I could not put it down. It is hard to define this as belonging to any one genre as it is definitely a thriller,
Megg Geri
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was drawn into this fantastical world that I never imagined existed.

This book surprised me. It wasn’t what I expected at all. I had mixed feelings while reading it but at the end I felt connected to the characters and very happy with the resolution of the story.

"I can't stop reading. I just have to know." Is something I kept saying to myself throughout this book. There were times during reading it that I felt the suspense and I could imagine the scenes being straight out of a movie.

The clown
Rachel
Mar 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A very intriguing and fantastically written book.
The story keeps you engaged from start to finish. I didn’t take to Dean at first, thought he was a little self-centred but as the story and his journey unfolded I felt myself warming to him and willing him to find his way.
This is a brilliant book and without revealing too much I will say it does make you stop and think about what happens when. I will definitely be recommending it to others.
Ivan
Jan 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow! Amazing throughout the whole book!

For this being his debut novel, T F Ounce knocked it out of the park! This book is well written and the story is beyond superb! I really loved reading it from start to finish. There was never a dull moment. I can't wait to read more of Lince's books.
Greta Halliday
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I was hooked from the start and it was WOW all the way. What an imagination this author has!!! Read in almost one sitting this book has achieved something that not many have done and that is to bring tears. A huge 5*, a fantastic first novel and one that I will be reading again.
Lee
Jan 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fiction
What a ride! I nearly put this book down as my first genuine DNF. I just thought the initial part of the story was too ‘unreal’ and it irritated me. Yes, fiction, unreal, blah blah. But it was worth persisting. The story is like a blend of Ghost of Christmas Past, Life on Mars (TV) and Wall Street!

It’s a great story with some great feel-good moments. It put me through all of my emotions and at one point I was ‘Oh no, you’re kidding’.

The characters are engaging, the writing is ‘easy reading’, but
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Tea, Coffee and B...: Room 119: The Whitby Trader by T.F. Lince 21 49 Dec 07, 2018 02:37PM

• The Key to Death's Door
  • Devil's Wolf (Hugh Corbett #19)
  • De Bourgondiërs - Aartsvaders van de Lage Landen
  • Drungi (Hidden Iceland #2)
  • Jack Be Nimble (Knight & Culverhouse, #3)
  • Death of an Eye (Eye of Isis #1)
  • Ronan
  • The Man with No Face
  • Treacherous Strand (Inishowen Mysteries Book 2)
  • Little Lovely Things
  • The King's Return (Thomas Hill, #3)
  • The Killing House (Paula Maguire, #6)
  • Dirty Little Secrets
  • Hero: A Simon Serrailler Short Story (Kindle Single)
  • A Gathering of Ghosts
  • The Death of an Irish Politician (Peter McGarr, #1)
  • The Informant (Kaz Phelps, #1)
  • One Enchanted Evening
Trev Lince originates from Marske-by-the-Sea on the North East coast of England, but now lives in Darlington with his wife, Claire.

Their daughter, Annie, is a very good guitarist and is setting up a band, playing every pub in the North East that she can. She’s so rock and roll, living the dream while her father is approaching his mid-life crisis.

A keen golfer and frustrated Middlesbrough FC fan,
“Kyle gave her a couple of little pats on the back to let her know that one, he wasn’t good at hugs, and two, this hug was going on far too long for a bad hugger to manage.” 9 likes
“Absence is supposed to make the heart grow fonder,” 4 likes