Start by marking “Strictly Business (Hooded Pleasures, #1)” as Want to Read:
Strictly Business (Hooded Pleasures, #1)

Strictly Business

(Hooded Pleasures #1)

You can lead a Domme to love…but you can’t make her fall.

Kate Dubois is a Domme-for-hire for the highly exclusive Hooded Pleasures, a service offering private BDSM sessions to those who can’t—or won’t—risk appearing in an actual club.

Lately, though, she wonders if professional burnout is causing her to have painful flashbacks to a past heartbreak. When her boss insists he
Published November 1st 2017 (first published October 20th 2015)

To ask other readers questions about Strictly Business, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Strictly Business

Start your review of Strictly Business (Hooded Pleasures, #1)
Sabrina
1.5 Stars

Kate Dubois works for Hooded Pleasure's as one of their Domme-for-hire's but lately she's been feeling like it's time to hang up the floggers and move on. She hasn't been the same since experiencing heartbreak and when her job starts to get affected by it she's worried she is burnt out. Her boss notices that there's something bothering her so she gives Kate a new client.

Alex Hanson is a computer game programmer who lives in his own head and doesn't get out much. He's new to the world o
Maria Rose
This a sexy Domme/sub romance about a woman who works for a Domme-for-Hire company and a man seeking out their services, to determine if it's the right fit for him. Kate had a painful breakup when she was betrayed publicly at a sex club by her boyfriend and submissive who'd found a new Domme without telling her. Avoiding the club, she now has strict one on one sessions with clients only - no emotional entanglements. Enter Alex, a computer software expert. He's had little success in exploring his ...more
Rachael Orman
4 Stars

There were certain parts of this story that I simply adored and part that drove me a bit nuts.

The gamer aspect... LOVED. I loved that it was a different thing they had in common and could connect on that front. I really liked the way she introduced him to the BDSM lifestyle and the way he reacted.

However, I didn't like the way she let her ex rule her. I didn't ever feel like he'd hurt her as bad as she stated he did so maybe that's why. Everyone has their weak points but I just didn't fe
Angie
Oct 15, 2015 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads Review Team~
I am on the fence with this one. I connected with Alex and felt everything he was going through but I felt nothing with Kate, I mean nothing. I loved the story line and how much potential it had. For me I just got bored because Kate wanted him but was just being stubborn about it. Yeah, she went through a bad situation with her ex Carl but come on, almost ¾ of the book was just I want him but it would break the
Kris
Jul 30, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2015, wrrt
I received a copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads

I completely enjoyed this novel. We start with Domme, Kate Dubois, who had lost her boyfriend/submissive in a messy breakup in front of the whole BDSM club. Feeling once burned, twice shy goes to work for Hooded Pleasures, a Domme for hire business. She needs to have her Domme needs met but doesn't want any messy relationships. Meet Alex, he's decided that he might be a natural submissive and longs for a Domme to take him in hand
Deborah
Jul 29, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kate Dubois is a Domme working for Hooded Pleasures-a for hire private BDSM service for those that can not be seen in a club. She's been in a rut for the last year after her submissive left her in grand fashion in front of their whole BDSM club. Kate joined Hooded Pleasures to get her Domme needs fulfilled without all the feelings that relationships bring. Knowing Kate is in a rut, her boss gives her a special client she feels may give her the breath of fresh air she is seeking. Kate is wary but ...more
Joey Hill
Feb 05, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: readers looking for good Domme stories.
4 ½ shining stars! In any genre, there’s always talk about tropes/scenarios that are used too much. In the female dominant/male submissive stories, one of those is the “pro-Domme falling in love with her client” or having the heroine be a “pro-Domme” at all, instead of simply a woman who embraces a Dominant submission. However, tropes/scenarios that continue to reappear do so because readers like it when that trope is handled well and delivers them a satisfying and absorbing love story. Think of ...more
Julie Barrett
Jul 28, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Femdom novels are a bit hit and miss for me, but I absolutely loved this one. Both of the main characters are likeable and are easy to connect with, and the storyline was interesting. I was very impressed with the author's style of writing, it's easy to read and the story flowed well. This is the first book I've read by Sheryl Nantus but it won't be the last, I'll be looking out for future books in this series.

Kate was hurt by her last submissive, so for the last year she's been working as a pro
dommebooks
Great contemporary domme romance.
Stephanie Williams
3 Stars

*I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads.*

I really enjoyed this read. The gamer aspect mixed with a female Domme and male sub was a breathe of fresh air for me. I instantly liked Alex, but kinda wanted to slap a little sense into Kate-Shake her and tell her to move on girl and spank that sexy sub in front of you! The entire read is peppered with some spicy scenes, but the last "scene" is a hot one. I enjoy Sheryl Nantus' style of writing and look forward to
Melanie Scheller
Mar 24, 2016 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good read

This was different from what I thought and what I have read before. The Mistress is likeable and real. The Sub does not bring too much baggage with him other every day life. I would have like to have found out more how Alex found out about HP, but could wait for another book.

One thing that stood out for me was that even though this was a book about BDMS it was not a book about sex. It was a story on how two found each other and fell in love.

I am looking forward to reading the other boo
Shane
Dec 31, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is one of those books that was recommended by a fellow book reader, and I wasn't to sure of it to begin with. Once I got started, I couldn't put it down. A combination of love, intrigue, and everything in between. It's got a few points that could have been removed entirely, but nohing to stop the point from being an enjoyable read. I can't wait to start the secont in this series.
Damilola
Oct 29, 2019 rated it did not like it
I did not enjoy this book at all. The sub character was an asshole. Every time he should have been concerned or grateful or just a good person he was angry instead. He watched his domme go through some tough things but instead of empathy or gentleness he was focused on his masculine image.
DNF
It seemed like the writer (or character) felt they had to compensate for being a sub by being a mean person. Not comfortable in his masculinity at all
Monika
Jun 17, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: bdsm, mf
Not too bad of a read. Engaging and emotional, I definitely liked Alex the most because he figured out what he wanted and then he went for it with everything. The story was okay. I was also glad that this book was lighter on pain in general.
I'm giving this book 3 stars instead of 4 only because the heroine was just too whiny and I couldn't at all feel bad for her and be sympathetic.
Verity W
Jul 06, 2018 rated it liked it
I liked the storyline, although there was not enough actual relationship building/romance for me. Very readable though and a different end of the bdsm romance world than I’ve read before.
Ada
Jan 12, 2020 rated it liked it
*read on the Radish app*

2.5 ⭐️I liked it, but it seemed forced at times. Especially the ending, it felt rushed and too... sappy and overdramatic, making it hard to believe I was reading about fully grown adults and not teenagers fumbling through their first romance.
Tiblu
Jan 09, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
The male lead deserved better and soo did the readers! Domme or Dud?!?

Alex de severed a heck of a lot better and soo did we the readers , I love BDSM stories when it a well written and the sub. Is a yummy Alpha male with a string interesting female Domme...
I don't really have a submissive bone in my body and I've come across to many books where despite being called a BDSM book it's really more than anything just a controlling jerk of a guy who can't seem to get it up unless he's controlling eve
Katherine
Meh. The bones of the story are good - Domme and m sub meet when she is his paid Domme, fall in love. But I found the heroine annoying, the witting clunky. I wanted to sit down and smack her and then talk to her about the fact that she basically sulked for a year. The conflict that kept them apart felt manufactured.

Bought from kobo.
Anne Martin
Actually the first erotica I ever got from goodreads. I should not have asked for it. It is not badly written, it is just an unbelievable story of BDSM partners who fall in love. I don't think the author believes in the story herself.
Marion
Oct 13, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: already-read
I won this book from a goodreads giveaway and I loved it
Jess
Toeprint
Oct 19, 2018
« previous 1 3 next »

• Finding Love in a Coffee Shop
  • Secret Acquisitions (Bad Boy Capital, #1)
  • Come To Me (Come Undone Trilogy #3)
  • With This Ring
  • Under His Control: An Enemies to Lovers Romance
  • The Kingmaker (All the King's Men Duet, #1)
  • The Dom (Manhattan Records Book 2)
  • Club Prive Complete Series Box Set
  • The Neanderthal Box Set (Knitting in the City, #1-1.5)
  • Park Avenue Player
  • Bentley (Vested Interest, #1)
  • Leather and Lace (Lonesome Point, Texas, #1)
  • Billionaire With a Twist: Part Three
  • The Italian
  • Aiden (Vested Interest, #2)
  • The Christmas Pact
  • Dirty Headlines
  • Grip (Grip, #1)
Sheryl Nantus is an award-winning romance writer published by Entangled, St. Martin's, and Harlequin's Carina Press.

When she's not writing about hunky heroes, she is sipping tea, playing board games and writing haiku.

A total fangirl at heart, she met her husband through an online fanfiction community and currently lives in Pennsylvania.

Hooded Pleasures (3 books)
  • Strictly Pleasure (Hooded Pleasures, #2)
  • Strictly Yours (Hooded Pleasures, #3)

News & Interviews