Start by marking “Rumor Has It (Real Love, #4)” as Want to Read:
Rumor Has It (Real Love, #4)

Rumor Has It

(Real Love #4)

This is one bad boy who’s fit to print. A notorious jock tackles life—and love—after football with a type-A journalist in this sexy standalone from the author of Eye Candy.

Barrett: As a former pro football star, I’m used to playing the field. After injuries cut my NFL career short, my second act as a broadcaster ended on live television when a hot mic picked up a littl
Kindle Edition
Published May 15th 2018 by Loveswept

To ask other readers questions about Rumor Has It, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Rumor Has It

Dali
Sweet, fun and sexy! In her latest “Real Love” series, Jessica Lemmon couples ex-NFL’s cocky bad boy and the prim and proper journalist Catarina Everhart for a publicity stunt that will boost sales, put the jock back on the broadcaster seat and turn a few fake dates into more than anyone ever expected.

On the surface, Barrett Fox fits the ex-jock bad boy persona to a tee and Catarina could not dislike the idea of being in the same room much less fake dating him. But being forced to interact wi
Jessica Lemmon
Feb 02, 2018 marked it as my-books  ·  (Review from the author)
Dear Reader,
Think: How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days, but with a Lemmon spin...
Catarina has a problem. Over six feet of smart ass, former defensive lineman, Barrett Fox. She's a type-A rule-follower, and he's the notorious "Bad Boy of the NFL," who lives up to his name in every imaginable way. When Catarina's boss assigns her to date Fox for a column that's a publicity stunt-slash-advertising money grab, Catarina remains the consummate professional and does as she's told, but as she spends more time
Wendy'sThoughts
May 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Jessica Lemmon Fans, Romance
3.5 Nothing As It Seems...Well Sort Of Stars
* * * 1/2 Spoiler Free and It's Live!!!
The Real Love series by Jessica Lemmon has been a fun read. This time she takes Barrett, who has this Crass Ass image. He was a huge football star who had his career cut off way too soon by an injury.

He recently was an on the field commentator for a network only to shoot himself in the foot by mouthing off to a female referee on live television for a call she made. This starts his downward turn which he needs to d
Amy J Romance Author & Reader Events
3.75 STARS
Rumor Has It by Jessica Lemmon

When I first started reading this book I thought I'd read this story before but was pleasantly surprised as I continued through. The story is strong however the character development could have been stronger. There is one piece of the story that will upset some readers (as indicated in other reviews) in this evolving climate. I'm a woman and strongly encourage this change. That said, this is FICTION and Barrett is remorseful however that doesn't come out
Aly
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5

A shoulder injury put an end to Barrett Fox's NFL career but it's his rude attitude and offensive language that lost him his job as a commentator. Dubbed as the Bad Boy of the NFL, Barrett call himself an irrational asshole. He does have a tendancy to act like an immature jerk sometimes, especially in the first third of the book, and I understand why his behavior ruined it for some people but I thought he had his moments and he changed throughout the story, when coming into connection with th
Ari
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
*I received a copy of this book from the author/publisher in exchange for an honest review.*

*3.5 Stars!*

❝ I want you. Whatever involves you. That's what I want.❞

description

Rumor Has It is the fourth book Jessica Lemmon's Real Love series and follows our main characters, Catarina Everhart and Barrett Fox. Known as the 'Bad Boy of the NFL', Barrett shows how he earned the nickname when he goes off on a referee during a game, costing him his field reporting job. Hoping to earn back his job, he agrees t
Irene
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
4 stars
Karen
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
I love Barrett and Cat!! Their with and sexy times are fun!
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews

I am really enjoying this series by Jessica Lemmon. The characters are all fun and feisty, the storylines she writes are always different, fresh and fun. Rumor Has It was no different.

Barrett knew that woman flaunted all over him. He was just fine and dandy with that. What woman wouldn't want to fake date him. Well, Catarina, apparently. Yes, she has a boyfriend. Yes, he sounds like a real stuffed shirt. But, he may be just what prissy, uptight Kitty Cat thinks she needs. Until that first kiss …
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
***ARC Provided by the Publisher via NetGalley***

Usually, in books about a bad boy, he is reformed. He has seen the error of his ways, or at least he does so rather quickly so you can like and connect with him as a reader.

Barrett. Not so much. He's a jerk. A grab the waitress, say rude things to everyone, show up when he darn well pleases jerk.

I loved him anyway.

Barrett and Catarina have an instant spark, and a connection. The problem? She is dating someone else, and is assigned by her magazine
Bookgasms Book Blog
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: shelly
There is something about a bad boy redemption story...

I mean - I make no secret that I am powerless to resist a rascal. And I think Barrett Fox takes it one step beyond that even. Full disclosure: I wasn't really sure what to make of him at first. I mean - he was a bad boy. And because of that - along with the fact that enemies to lovers stories are sort of hit-or-miss for me - it took me a little while to warm up to him. And Catarina. And this whole story. I basically spent the first quarter of
Geri Reads
Jun 06, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a cute read. Another one to add to my enemies-to-lovers folder.

ARC via NetGalley
TeriLyn
May 14, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: arc
**Rumor Has It generously provided by the publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.**

3 "Where to start?" Stars

A new romantic comedy from Jessica Lemmon that features an uncouth, bad boy hero and the proper working girl who can't stand him upon first sight. Forced together for a work assignment to boost Catarina's column at work, her and Barrett are enemies first, kinda friends, lovers and so on. Their banter is realistic and fun and Barrett's ability to thaw Catarina's ice was my
Samantha (WLABB)
Sep 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018, romance, arcs
What happens when a ex-NFL bad boy is paired with a work-a-holic, rigid reporter? You get a fun and sexy romance, where opposites attract in the best way.

The Set-up:

Barrett agrees to fake-date Catarina, and write a column about their dates as part of a publicity stunt to improve his image with female readers, and perhaps, also save his DOA career.

My Thoughts:

There may not have been insta-love, but there was definitely insta-lust. Catarina and Barrett spent quite a bit of time fighting their mutu
Sarah Robinson
Mar 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sexy and funny, Jessica Lemmon is a master of sweet romances that make you melt inside!
Kim
Apr 09, 2018 rated it did not like it
Shelves: arc, dnf, wtf, hero-ahole
The fun cover and synopsis for Rumor Has It made me instantly one-click the preorder. When an advance copy became available, I jumped at it.  My excitement quickly gave way to dismay and then outrage before I had to dnf early into the story. To be frank, even a month after I stomped away, I still get upset thinking about this “hero”.

I’ve read thousands of romance novels. Barrett Fox is in no way a romantic hero.  I won’t even call him a man, because men don’t treat women the way he treats the
Kim
May 14, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What can be better than an enemies to lovers/bad boy story? NOTHING!

Catarina is a journalist who writes a lifestyle column for her newspaper, and is pretty damn good at it too. But then her boss has decides to throw a curveball her way and make Cat “fake” date an ex NFL player who is the media’s favorite bad boy, Barrett Fox. Oh, did I mention Cat has a boyfriend as well??

Barrett lost his cool on national TV over a bad call and needs to be seen in a different light and writing a column about dat
Carolyn's
Feb 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: net-galley
Prepare to fall in love with Barrett! Why- because he will make you purr!

When a crazy idea is hatched to win Barrett back in the good graces of the female population- Catarina Everhart finds her social media column highjacked and she and Barrett "fake" dating. These two are funny, sexy and have amazing chemistry and hilarious banter. What's the saying- fake it until you make it? Well, with all that chemistry and faking- something its definitely in the making with these two.

Great story with a hea
Treena
Feb 28, 2018 rated it did not like it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to NetGalley for granting my request for an ARC of this book. The review below is entirely my own opinion:

I couldn't connect with either MC. I found Barrett's behavior to be too douchey to be likable. And as for Catarina, she was too stand-offish for me. Sorry, not a fan of the book.
Feb 27, 2018 rated it did not like it
I really did not like this book. Barrett is so misogynistic that it is unrealistic that anyone would ever act the way he does. I assume that eventually the reader will discover his heart of gold, but I didn't wait to find out.
Ayekah
Apr 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
That cover, that cover ladies is the lure right into the spider web that is Barrett Fox. Once there, you won't want to leave. I read this book twice, yes I did.

You know you read a book and wonder what was going on in the authors mind when they wrote it and what they were thinking .....yeah you know. You've done it. Holy hell what a story this is and I loved Cat and Barrett. Barrett took a little getting used to, kind of like trying to scratch the itch you just can't reach. Cat was extraordinary.
LeeAnne
May 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book! It’s refreshingly original, laugh-out-loud funny and left me wanting more.

After an injury ends Barrett’s career as a professional football player he takes up a career as a broadcaster until his mouth winds up getting his fired. Now, he’s determined to earn a second chance in broadcasting by garnering some good press by doing a few journalist columns for a local newspaper. Catarina isn’t sure what she did to deserve such a punishment but her boss has informed her that her new a
Alaina
Mar 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I received this ARC from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

Rumor Has it was freaking hilarious! I loved this book so freaking much. Barrett and Catarina are basically made for each other. Their love/hate relationship was the best thing known to man because it's so freaking relatable! Oh god, I want a relationship like theirs!

Okay, so Catarina is a journalist for a newspaper and she is paired up with Barrett for like a dating segment or whatever it's called. While Barrett was known to be
Heather C
May 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, may-2018
Rumor Has It by Jessica Lemmon is the fourth installment of her Real Love Series but it can be read as a complete standalone.

From the very beginning, I enjoyed the wit and banter that was written into the story. Not only between Barrett and Caterina but just their own individual inner dialogue as well.

"Who knew my boss had a sexual bone in her boyd? I thought she was made of steel beams and asbestos."

I don't know why but that line cracked me up so hard. I couldn't stop laughing and even when
MichellemyBelle
Apr 15, 2018 rated it it was ok
Shelves: arc
***ARC provided by Random House - Loveswept, in exchange for an honest review.***

An enemies to lovers romance. Cat is an all rules and deadlines journalist, Barrett is a fast and loose ex NFL star. They have been assigned to work together in an attempt to gain the right type of publicity, the right type of chemistry. Of course Barrett is the bad boy who needs our heroine to help change his horrible horrible ways.

I'm all in. I know what genre I'm about to review, and look forward to the good ole
Isha Coleman
Mar 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Perfection does not exist. It's a human trait to gloss over the flaws, never seeing what's really there. Jessica Lemmon never does that. She keeps it real. With oodles of humor and exceptional characters, she makes the hard moments bearable for the characters she creates and the readers she enchants. Catrina and Barrett are colleagues with a love - hate relationship. He loves to push her buttons. She hates the way he makes her feel. He hates her uptight attitude. She loves to put him in his plac ...more
Liz
May 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Rumor Has It by Jessica Lemmon was a very enjoyable enemies to lovers story that was fun to read. It was funny, sweet and charming read with great characters!

Barrett Fox’s NFL career ended after an injury sidelined him. He jumped back by becoming a sport broadcaster, which ended when he made some very inappropriate comments that were caught on his mic. Seemed he is out for the count, right? Not this guy. He has the opportunity for to change his image and he is ready to jump on the chance.

Catar
Danielle from Short and Sassy
I LOVED this book so much! It was just what I needed! I laughed so hard! I love romantic comedies and this one was one of the best I have read!

Barrett, a former pro football star is now trying his hand as a reporter. He is working on a story called "Dating a Bad Boy", him be4ing the bad boy. He is cowriting the story with Catarina. She is the exact opposite of Barrett. That is what makes this one great! Opposites attract, but also make for a fantastic love story!!

I could not put this o
Maria Rose
I got a little bit tricked by Jessica Lemmon’s Rumor Has It. That is, I didn’t realize it was part of the Real Love series because the title and cover didn’t match the first three books, two of which I’d read and quite enjoyed. (This is especially true of Arm Candy, which got DIK status for its fun banter and sexy romance). I hoped for more of this same with this one and while it’s an okay read, to my disappointment, the spark that first attracted me to the series is missing.

Catarina Everhart wr

• Don't Call Me Sweetheart (Something Borrowed #1)
  • Breathless (Yoga in the City #1)
  • The Decoy Date (The Wedding Date #4)
  • Intercepting the Chef (How to Score, #1)
  • Hard To Stay (Hard #2)
  • Must Love Babies (Must Love Babies #1)
  • Hot Pursuit
  • Best of Luck (Lucky #3)
  • The Unprotected
  • Suddenly Mine (Montgomery Brothers, #8)
  • Storming the Castle
  • The Breakup (The Jordan Brothers)
  • Playing Hurt (Aces Hockey, #6)
  • The Rules of Half
  • Totally His (Opposites Attract #3)
  • Can't Forget You (Risking it All, #3)
  • Montana Actually (Medicine River, #1)
  • Illegally Yours (Laws of Attraction, #2)
A former job-hopper, Jessica Lemmon resides in Ohio with her husband and rescue dog. She holds a degree in graphic design currently gathering dust in an impressive frame. When she’s not writing super-sexy heroes, she can be found cooking, drawing, drinking coffee (okay, wine), and eating potato chips. She firmly believes God gifts us with talents for a purpose, and with His help, you can create th ...more

Real Love (5 books)
  • Eye Candy (Real Love, #1)
  • Arm Candy (Real Love, #2)
  • Man Candy (Real Love, #3)
  • America's Sweetheart (Real Love, #5)