Start by marking “Reawaken (Under My Skin #2)” as Want to Read:
Reawaken (Under My Skin #2)

Reawaken

(Under My Skin #2)

Losing his adoring husband shattered Tristan Rogers's world. For the past few years, he’s been going through the motions, running their dog grooming business while hiding the loneliness he feels down to his bones. When he witnesses an ugly breakup between a pretentious customer and his boyfriend, Tristan can’t help but intervene. Something about the unassuming younger man ...more
Published October 31st 2017 by Christina Lee

To ask other readers questions about Reawaken, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Reawaken

Wendy
Star_rating_4_of_5.png (1011×215)

I really enjoyed reading the first book in this series "Regret", so I was very excited about this second instalment ;) After reading the blurb though, I got a bit worried, because this book contains a pet peeve of mine... a deceased spouse.

jaydenkiss GIF

Thankfully, even though Tristan is still grieving his late husband... I didn't feel that
~✡~Dαni(ela) ♥ ♂♂ love & semi-colons~✡~
~4.25~

I liked Reawaken much more than the first book in this series. This is a beautiful story about grief, healing, and second chances.

Both MCs have suffered a great loss—Tristan lost his husband, Chris, to cancer three years prior, while West lost his entire family to a house fire when he was a teen—and understand pain and loneliness.

It's not easy to write about mourning for a lost love without enveloping the story in melancholy, but Christina Lee managed to show us Tristan's selfless love for hi
Cadiva
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is gorgeous and tugs at the heart strings before wrapping everything up in a slightly squiffy bow which has been tied together with a lot of love but not necessarily any polish. (The bow that is, not the book!)

I've said before how much I love the skill Christina has in connecting the reader to the characters she writes and this one, book two in her new series of intertwined stories, is no exception.

In Tristan and West she's created two fully fleshed out men with thei
.Lili.

Reawaken by Christina Lee is the emotional story of two men with tragic pasts who help each other. Tristan is still healing from the loss of his husband a few years back, and West is learning to stand on his own after leaving a suffocating relationship.

What I loved:

-Fleshed out main characters.
-Emotionally gripping story.
-Hurt/Comfort/Healing
-A delicious friends to lovers slow burn romance. The relationship development felt natural, realistic. It moved at the pace that was adequate for them.
-May/December
-Tristan's and West's phone calls. I loved the subtle banter they started as that grew into more.relationship.
What
Optimist ♰King's Wench♰
4.25 Hearts

No sophomore slump here!

From the blurb I expected this to be super heavy and was pleasantly surprised to find it wasn't. Both men have suffered losses in their lives and are at varying stages of coming back from that. Tristan has had three years to deal with the loss of his beloved husband whereas West has just broken free of his controlling sorta boyfriend and is trying to stretch his wings. So... heavy adjacent?

Tristan and West have kind of been eyeballing each other for quite some time. We were introduced to West
Dia
3,25 stars

I expected this second book to be much better than the first one, but unfortunately I didn't get to truly love this one either. I expected so much more!
I love age gaps in my book, but here I felt both characters acted pretty childish. They tiptoed too much around each other. West was too shy at first and afraid to trust Tristan. And Tristan did everything in his power not to scare West away. I felt he held back too much, all the time.

Well my biggest complain would be how West
Renée
Nov 16, 2017 rated it liked it
~3.5 stars~

This book was perfectly lovely, and I enjoyed reading it. However, dead spouses and hurt/comfort are two themes that have to be done just so for me to really enjoy them.

Tristan's deceased husband played too big a role, for me. The story line was done with grace and respect, no doubt. But I need the MC to be ALL IN with the other MC, not constantly thinking of and talking to the deceased spouse. Just a personal preference.

The writing was solid, the connection between Tris
Christina
Nov 02, 2017 added it  ·  (Review from the author)
Shelves: books-i-wrote
REAWAKEN is now live and available in KU. It's a May-December, hurt-comfort story and though it's the second book in a series (REGRET is book one), it can definitely be read as a standalone.

A teaser:
BR11
Nov 13, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars.
This book was sweet and hawt! Tristan and West are the best.
And holly hot sex, Batman! I loved, loved the two MCs! A toppy twink with a penchant for being in charge and an otter that gets his boat floated by bottoming and taking orders? Gimme, gimme!
Highly recommend! Unlike the first one in the series, this one had an amazing character connection and relationship development.

Ele
Nov 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'd love some more tension, but all in all I enjoyed it. One of my favorites by this author.
Pam Nelson
Apr 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Learning to love again isn’t easy for Tristan and he wasn’t looking, but he wasn’t closed off either. He just wanted to help Wes out of a bad situation. I love how they became friends then lovers they helped each other heal. These are the best kinds of stories. It felt organic.

I loved the narration I think Iggy is a favorite MM narrator for me.
Sanaa
Nov 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 stars.

This is book #2 in the Under My Skin series and it can be read as a standalone.

I really enjoyed the story. I'm a huge fan of age gap and I loved the part where they become friends before lovers. I've always had a soft spot for those in regards to books. Tristan and West really worked together and just fit. It was adorable seeing them grow and become free.

I'm excited to see if Christina keeps writing a few more in this series. I can see what characters she might write abo
AvidReader
Feb 26, 2019 rated it it was ok
DNF.
After a non detailed scene of one of the hero hooking up with a stranger, I was disgruntled. Still I continued to read. And then it was insinuated that he was with other guy. All after meeting the other hero. And I lost interest.
Tammy
Apr 23, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 stars only because I wasn't a big fan of West/Jonas. I enjoyed the book and reading about Tristan and West falling in love and learning to live again, very sweet. I felt bad for Tristan always having to watch how he worded things to West in fear if he said the wrong thing he'd disappear from his life so that was my only complaint regarding the book, overall I loved it and the audio version with Iggy Toma as the narrator was excellent! Looking forward to starting the next book in this series ...more
Kim
Oct 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 4-5-stars
We got to know Tristan a bit in Regret as he is Brin's boss at Doggie Styles Grooming. Tristan has been a widower 3 years and has been living life in a rut. He runs his business, has his friends at work, and is living a pretty lonely existence. He is not looking for anyone to replace his beloved husband, and is still grieving his loss.

West and his boyfriend would bring their dogs to Tristan's shop. He was intrigued by their relationship as West's boyfriend was older, controlling, an
Snjez
Mar 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: re-reads, audiobooks

I can't believe I initally wanted to skip this book. After reading the blurb, I expected it to be too heavy and sad, but it wasn't like that at all.

I loved both MCs. They really surprised me as characters. Their relationship progressed very slowly and gradually, with them being friends first. I loved that. It felt very natural and realistic. Also, I didn't find Michael's character that bad here.

This turned out to be a very sweet and lovely story and I thoroughly enjoyed it
QuietlyKat
Nov 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Though Reawaken is the second in this series, it can be read as a stand alone. There are hints of Tristan and West in Regret but nothing so significant that you’d really lose anything if you skipped it.

I really enjoyed Reawaken. The heavy themes of loss, grief and healing were handled thoughtfully, with sensitivity and grace. Even though this is a story whose main focus throughout is on both of the main character’s journeys through grief, growth and moving on, it felt comforting and unexpectedly
bookfaerie
Feb 17, 2018 rated it liked it
After Regret, I was extremely curious about Mr. V and his younger boyfriend's relationship. And Tristan seemed kind but sad. I couldn't wait to get them together. However, West's relationship with his ex wasn't abusive as I had believed; just very controlling. So, his and Tristan's journey wasn't quite what I was expecting.

From the beginning, the story starts very slow with the author setting the scene for a friendship to develop and it gets a bit tedious during these pages. Once it turns that
Suzi (Obsessive Reading Disorder)
4.5 Stars

This is the second in the Under My Skin series but can be read as a stand alone. We meet Tristan in the first book but only know that he is the owner of Doggy Styles. What this author always brings to the table when she writes, is the down and dirty, nuts and bolts of what makes us human. Tristan has loved deeply and lost. His heart still stuttering and unsure about the future.

West has also suffered great loss and in trying to overcome it, has left himself vulnerable and qu
Ina
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m-romance, 2017, lgbtq
Everything about this book screamed "you have to be sad, you have to cry and feel endless sorrow for West and Tristan, because their lives were so shitty and tragic". As you can see by my rating, i was not feeling it at all and felt zero connection with them, because their drama was unnecessary, Wests need for independence was over the top and let me tell you, if dead husband is talking to you, then, Tristan, you have a big problem. Not with your head, but with how stupid it sounds and how hard ...more
Bev
Storywise...not quite as good as Regret IMHO, but that gorgeous creature on the cover more than makes up for that 😍. 4 stars from me.

Well, my prediction at the end of Regret came true, and Mr V's sweet boy West [Jonas] came through for Tristan. Major heartbreak in their past, regrets, guilt and an awkward but sweet shyness on both their parts [even though Tris was at least 10 years older than West] made the story one which I needed to get closure from. Unfortunately, there were a few typos
Tina
Nov 16, 2017 rated it really liked it

Great second book of the Under My Skin series. Loved Tristan and Wes. :)
UltraMeital
Oct 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
You know, I just realized I TOTALLY get the name of this series, this book (like the previous one) GOT UNDER MY SKIN. I sat for I don't know 5 hours barely moving and read the whole thing. Tristan and West broke my heart but managed to put it back together for a heart breakingly beautiful ending. This book was a journey, for both MCs, they needed time to heal, time to connect, time to find the courage inside themselves to make a change. I loved that. Even though there's a rather big age differen ...more
Wanderlust_Wanz
Oct 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.25 stars! Such a heartwarming read, love how understanding and patient Tristan is and the slow brewing romance between Tristan and West.
Jenny Wood
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I’m emotionally drained….this one was a tough one.

First, we have Tristan, who owns Doggy Styles (how cute is that), doggie grooming place. He’s content just going through life after losing him husband a few years back. He’s not really living, just going through the motions, but he still has his husband’s family, and some good friends; Brin and Elijah, you might remember from book 1.

So, content with how things are, he’s surprised when he finds himself interested in West, the hooded guy that com
Jenn's Book Obsession
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I haven’t read a book by this author that has let me down yet. Tristan and West are added to the list of characters that Christina Lee has brought into my life that I have absolutely fallen head over heels for!! I’m so madly, utterly and completely in love with this story and these guys!! Tristan and West have stolen a piece of my heart. Christina Lee proves over and over why she is one of my top five favorite MM authors.

My words will do no justice nor can I praise this author enough on how tru
Isabella ~Mikku-chan~

Christina Lee is an author I really enjoy and trust in providing good, solid and comforting stories. This book, second volume in the Under the Skin series focuses on Tristan, the owner of the dog grooming ship Doggy Style (LOL that title :D) and the vulnerable looking, pouty face making but fierce beyond that Jonas - or like he wants to be called - West. ;)

I really loved the chemistry between
Carra
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Here’s an easy summary for you: GO BUY THIS BOOK! It’s sweet without being overly so, sensual and sexy, a wonderful hurt/comfort story (for both main characters), and yes it did make me swoon :-) A nice bonus was the bit of age gap between Tristan and West.

Both West and Tristan have had terrible loss in their past, Tristan his husband and West…well, everyone. They come together through a kind of unexpected meeting, and very slowly form first a tentative acquaintance—which gradually m
Eleanor (The Book Hammock)
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This one gets all the stars.

Not sure this time my words will do this book justice. I’ll try, though.

Tristan, the owner of the grooming business where Brin and Elijah work (remember them?), he’s still grieving his late husband whom he’s lost to cancer 3 years prior. He’s also just as baffled by the relationship between V (short for Voldemort – a cranky, stuffy customer) and his clearly younger boyfriend, who is very shy, quiet and subdued looking.

Said boyfriend
Joyfully Jay
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: kenna
A Joyfully Jay review.

I really enjoyed this book. From reading the blurb, I just had a feeling it was for me. I was right. It really was for me. Reawaken combined some of my favorite tropes: hurt/comfort, friends to lovers, and best of all, an age difference that wasn’t insurmountable, but important enough. Also, while there was some conflict, it wasn’t full of page after page of emotional turmoil. That’s a big plus for me. So I got exactly what I needed: a romantic, sexy, low angst s
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Noah
  • Don't Wake Me Up
  • Simple Things
  • Knights Out (City Knight #4)
  • On Davis Row
  • O Muro
  • August Ice
  • Wood, Screws, & Nails (Hard Hats, #1)
  • True Luck (True Love, #1)
  • Who We Are
  • At the Corner of Rock Bottom & Nowhere
  • Hearsay (Bylaws, #1)
  • Rented Heart (Rented Heart, #1)
  • Arrows Through Archer
  • Of Sunlight and Stardust
  • Victim of Love
  • September (Pride and Joy #1)
  • Crush (The House on Glass Beach #1)
Mother, wife, reader, dreamer. Christina lives in the Midwest with her husband and son--her two favorite guys. She's addicted to lip balm, coffee, and kissing. Because everything is better with kissing.

She writes MM Contemporary as well as Adult and New Adult Romance. She believes in happily-ever-afters for all, so reading and writing romance for everybody under the rainbow helps quench her soul.

Under My Skin (4 books)
  • Regret (Under My Skin, #1)
  • Reclaim (Under My Skin #3)
  • Redeem (Under My Skin #4)