Start by marking “Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Allies (The Lily Singer Adventures #3)” as Want to Read:
Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Allies (The Lily Singer Adventures #3)

Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Allies

(The Lily Singer Adventures #3)

Alternate cover edition for B072NZCD5K

Lily Singer--wizard and library archivist--has a problem. After finally learning the dark truth about her family's past, larger plots are put into motion and people start to get hurt. Now she must reconcile old grudges, make questionable allies, and bend the law to fix a problem that is not even her fault. Even worse, she's having inco
Published November 2017 by Chenoweth Press (first published April 28th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus

Diana
May 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
I was finally able to pick up this book. I've had it sitting on my shelves for a bit and have been dying to continue the series, but had other things I needed to finish first. I loved it, it's starting to get a bit darker and a bit more creepy, while still keeping the humor, which is just adding to what Sherrer has written about the characters to date. I can't say much since it is a sequel, but I did like learning more about Lily's background. I really recommend this series for Fantasy lovers.
Siobhan
May 15, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Allies is the third book in the Lily Singer Adventure series, and I adored it. I’ve now been left with a very solid view of this series: these books just keep getting better. Book one gripped me, pulling me into the series. Book two left me with so many expectations, leaving me super excited to see what happened next. Book three has left me on the verge of exploding, unsure as to how I will deal with everything this series is throwing at us. Honestly, I cannot repeat ...more
Ashley
Apr 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I read an arc of this book and am voluntarily reviewing it!

This is an amazing series! I actually read this before the first two and could still figure out what was going on. Sherrer does a great job of summary without being boring in the first little snippet of the book of previous book events.

This book got me out of my slump. I was having a rough time of things and I just didn't want to read anything. But I promised to read this book and so I thought I would begrudgingly get through it. Howeve
Tandy
Mar 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fun read!!! Lily a young wizard and her friends get themselves into a whole heap of trouble.

Lily a bright young wizard has been scholared the past 7 years by Madam Barrington a proper English woman. Ms B. is a no nonsense older wizard that doesn't take too lightly to her nephew Sebastian's or Lily's not quite so strict way of doing things.

Sebastian a young witch who will do anything to keep his friend Lily safe, ends up in a pretty tough predicament.

Along the way they have fae helpers, and one
Tamara Edmunds
Mar 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved the book. I found it to be a smooth and continuous read, like the previous books in the series. I am enjoying the storyline and the new characters. I found myself reacting emotionally to the good points and the bad points in the story, and got so absorbed in the book that I wished I was there fighting alongside Lily and Sebastian.
I am looking forward to seeing what happens next in book 4. I know it will be just as good a read as the previous books.
I received an advanced copy of this book f
Steph Warren
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This series just keeps getting better! I love these books so much that having received the first one as a free ARC ebook I went ahead and bought all four in paperback and got them signed by the author via post!

Allies is the third book in the series and, as in the previous two, the author has divided the book into two separate ‘episodes’, broken by an ‘interlude’ short from Sebastian’s point of view. I think that this format works really well with the light, fun, easy style of the writing and dri
Paperbacks
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Allies is book 3 of the Lily singer adventures and it doesn’t disappoint. Very much a book focussed on Lily, continuing on from the bombshell of John Faust and how she must regroup and deal with both coming to terms with what happened and how to stop him.
In part one, Lily must take the olive branch offered by her estranged mother and return home. Dealing with the fallout to her siblings when she left, Lily is greeted both warmly and with need to make amends. With the secret out, Lily is able to
J Aislynn d'Merricksson
**This book was reviewed for Lola’s Blog Tours**

Allies is the third in the Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus series featuring Lily Singer and Sebastian Blackwell. While still full of delightful snark, especially by Kip, things with LeFay are really starting to heat up and take a darker turn. As with the previous books, this one is separated into three parts alternating between the Lily and Sebastian.

During the first part, Lily meets a new family member, an uncle named Allen. Brilliant but exceedingly
Daphne
Dec 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
The past two Lily Singer books have been a lot of fun, and this one was no different. At this point I'm pretty invested in Lily and Sebastian, so I was excited to see the two of them interact more during this book. I do kind of want to yell at them to start talking to each other more, as the constant miscommunications are getting a little old. That said, I don't mind it too much because it is never the main conflict of the story. It usually gets solved easily, which I'm grateful for.

The plot of
Diana Blick
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lots of action

Book three is full of action and there are lots of twists and turns. I like this world and its characters though there are times that Lily is unbelievably naive. Her surprise at some of her father's antics almost stretches credulity since I had figured out his dastardly deeds chapters ago. That would be my only complaint about the book though because otherwise it was a page turner for me.
Lola
May 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Allies was another great book in the Lily Singer series! I really enjoyed this one. I do admit it took me a while to get into the book, not sure why. So the start felt a bit slow, but after having read a chapter or so I really got into the book. By then I quickly got invested and wanted to keep reading. The story picks off shortly after the end of book 2 and deals with the aftermath of what happened at the end of book 2. There's a bad guy they're dealing with and want to try and stop, but some o ...more
Candy Laine
Aug 17, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lily's power hungry father has been busy with dastardly acts. It's up to the Wizarding family to stop his plans of world domination. Their rag tag team doesn't seem like much to fight a powerful wizard like John La Fey but the future of the world depends on them succeeding.
Camillea
As always, Sherrer never fails to deliver. This series somehow manages to always make my reading time fun!

You read my full review for Books 1 to 4 on Camillea Reads here
Janice E. Ryberg
Allies (for Lily, Sebastian, Mrs. B and Sir Kipling)

I enjoyed this book as much as , if not more, than the previous one in the series. Each one has the continuation of the overall storyline, but also unique because of the relationship of the characters. By this time, I feel like they are family or at least friends. Join me reading this delightful series. It is a blast!
Alii
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This 3rd installment was amazing, we got to see a lot more action and romance.

I loved it !!! Cant wait to read the 4th one!
Elinor Balensuela
Jul 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2017
Lydia Sherrer kept me on the edge of my seat in the 3rd book of the Lily Singer Adventures. There are twists and turns and moments when I wanted to jump into the book and tag along. I enjoyed it immensely and I can't wait to read Book Number 4!
Lis Carey
May 06, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: arcs, f-sf, fiction
As I continue my habit of reading books in series out of order, this is book three of the Lily Singer adventures. Sebastian and Lily are, however reluctantly, starting to face up to their feelings about each other. Even Madam Barrington is beginning to be forced to reevaluate her opinion of Sebastian.

All this reexamining is helped along by the fact that Lily now knows a good deal of the information about her past that first her mother and then her mentor, Madam Barrington, had kept from her in a
Elizabeth
May 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a really fun, exciting read. I couldn't put it down. I thought this was a great continuation to the series with good character interaction and growth. Additionally, it was easier to see where the author was going with the Sebastian episode in the middle by adding in the timeline and knowing the layout of the earlier books. I enjoyed seeing his timeline and thoughts interposed against Lily's. It allows a better understanding of the characters. It's a fun read with a good storyline too. A ...more
Erin Quinney
This series gets better with each book. I still have some gripes. Enough with the cat people generalizations, already. No, Lily, your father isn't evil because he doesn't like cats. He's evil because he is a lying, manipulative, controlling, abusive, wizard Nazi. Also, the date with the FBI agent--lame.

Lily is going to England in the next one. Please, please, please let the English people see her as the Ugly American. It's the reality check her pretentious self desperately needs. I like Lily, I
Eveie Hickman
Feb 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book it drew me in from the first page, the continuing friendship between Lily and Sebastian is growing as they work together to find her father and stop his mad plan. I couldn’t put it down and as I move on to the fourth book I look forward to more interesting antics from both lily and seb but also the lovable mr Kipling.
Maria P Gates
Mar 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lily Singer book 3

Very nicely done. I don't usually rate an unfinished story, but this time is different. The characters are clearly defined, and I especially appreciated the way the love story is handled. No salacious details. Just the honest confusion of an awkward insecure young woman. Well done.
KathleenB
Aug 04, 2018 rated it liked it
Romance between partners almost always ruins the team and story. I hate it, and Lily and Sebastian are really being set up to go there. Not mention, my earlier fears about structural monotony are being confirmed; I don’t like when mysteries get too predictable. On the good side, we do get to meet Lily’s estranged family.
Audrey Cienki
Karen
Sep 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ahhh! While this didn't technically end on a cliffhanger, I need to read the next one now! Yet again, an excellent, well written story. Great characters, well developed villains, engaging interactions, engrossing plot. And I'm off to the fourth!
Mary T
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Family disappointment

Lily needs to accept the help offered by those who want to help and see what the is behind the facade put out by those she thought might care about her rather than just use her for their own purposes.
Lori Potter
Mar 17, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series!

I started this series because it was recommended by my kindle. I’m so glad I did! Great storyline and character development. I love getting caught up in this world. Ready for the next one!
Tina
Apr 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good

I am really enjoying these books. They have gotten better with each one. I do hate how long resolution is seemingly going to take.
The characters are well thought out, and very fun to follow. Definitely recommend this series.
Stephen Semones
Nov 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Another great installment...

Enjoyed this book in the series. Another fun adventure in the life of Ms. Singer. I really enjoy the characters and the story lines. It draws you into their world from the beginning and makes you sad to leave when it's over.
Roberta
Jun 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another fun romp with Lily, Sebastian and Sir Kipling
Lindy Studt
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Lily Gets in Deeper

I like Lily Singer as a character. Sebastian are excellent backup characters as well. I look forward to reading the next book.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 next »

• Dress 2 Impress (Jennifer Cloud, #2)
  • Raging Rival Hearts
  • Wicked Moon Rising (The Hex Files: Mysteries from the Sixth Borough, #4)
  • Night Goddess (The Goddess Prophecies #1)
  • Magicians' Rivalry (Spellsmith & Carver #1)
  • 9 Bodies Rolling (Body Movers, #9)
  • The Sound of Seas (The Earthend Saga #3)
  • The Shoes Come First (Jennifer Cloud, #1)
  • Draken (Southern Fire, #1)
  • Liam (The Rylee Adamson Epilogues, #2)
  • The Wild's Call (Aspect of Crow, #0.5)
  • Light Mage (The Black Witch Chronicles, #1.5)

The Lily Singer Adventures (5 books)
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Beginnings (The Lily Singer Adventures, #1)
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Revelations (The Lily Singer Adventures, #2)
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Legends (The Lily Singer Adventures #4)
  • Love, Lies, and Hocus Pocus: Betrayal (The Lily Singer Adventures, #5)
“Pride is unbecoming to humans,” Sir Kipling pointed out, as if he could read her thoughts. “Only cats and dragons do it justice.” 0 likes