Start by marking “One More Round (Gamer Boy, #2)” as Want to Read:
One More Round (Gamer Boy, #2)

One More Round

(Gamer Boy #2)

History doesn't have to repeat itself...
Or does it?

GIA
Life was on track, going great,
And I couldn't have been happier.

But then he walks back in,
The tall, dark, broody blast from my past,
The one that got away,
Or shall I say,
The one I pushed away,
Deleted from my console?

Now, he's pushing the boundaries,
Demanding answers,
Ready to bring the past to the present,
For a chance at
Kindle Edition
Published May 24th 2018 (first published 2018)

To ask other readers questions about One More Round, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One More Round

Jacie
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Man, I love Gia and Simon.

Gia is a driven writer/blogger and Simon is a professional gamer. Both of them have amazing circles of friends and we were able to catch a glimpse of their strained relationship in Level Me Up. I immediately closed Level Me Up and opened One More Round. I HAD to know what happened!
The strain between them wasn't some sort of misunderstanding. There was a legitimate reason for the tension and I loved being able to watch Simon and Gia try to find their friendship that they
Dani (Dani Reviews Things & Love in a time of Feminism)
Rating: 3.5 stars
Heat level: Medium-low

Trigger warnings: Anxiety, panic attacks, bipolar disorder

You may remember I listened to the first book in the Gamer Boy series,  Level Me Up , last year. I called it a sweet romance, though on the tamer side for New Adult romances. I also said it nicely laid the groundwork for more books in the series, and I was right! As I hoped at the time, this second book focuses on Morgan's friend Gia and Dex's teammate Simon, who just so happen to know each other alr
Isha Coleman
Shelves: first-reads
Level Me Up may have been Dex and Morgan's journey into relationship bliss, but it was the undercurrents that Gia and Si set off that had me wondering. One More Round delves into the history of Simon and Gia. The friendship, heartache and secrets help to unite them, yet ultimately proved the catalyst that drove them apart. Helms has a talent for keeping readers guessing even as she leaves them craving more. Another example of prime reading.
Mary Mccormack
May 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another wonderful book in this series! Simon and Gia’s relationship has been anything, but smooth over the years. Gia’s life truly has not even been any where close to smooth happily ever after since she was little. Can they find their way back together or is it just not in the stars for them? Definitely recommend this book and can’t wait for the next one!
Joy Novel Thoughts
I'm hot for the gamer!

One More Round is a second chance romance filled with great friendships, laughs and secrets that will keep you reading until they are all revealed.

My favorite part about this entire story was the way that friends treated Simon and Gia! It was so real and I would act the exact same way as them! I mean, of course you are going to give your friends crap when you see that they both have a thing for each other.

Even though Gia made some questionable decision, I understood it! I
Richelle Robinson
Jun 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
After listening “Level Me Up” on audiobook I couldn’t wait to read about Simon and Gia. I am a sucker for second chance romances especially when they are childhood friends as well. I’m happy to report this story didn’t disappoint at all. Simon and Gia run in the same circle but don’t even speak to each other at all after a falling out several years ago. You could cut the tension with a knife and I LOVED it so much! As the story progresses they reach an understanding and that’s when things get in ...more
Realmommybooks
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I just want to say that this hit home for me. When I first started reading it I knew it was going to be good. BUT honestly this book was beyond good. It shows you that true love never fails. That even though you think a chapter of your life is over sometimes it isn’t.
Reading about Gia And Simon was something I didn’t expect. I need more.
I need marriage and babies. Lol.
H.B. Jasick
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This story was cute. I’m married to a gamer so I was instantly drawn to this series. The characters are amazing and the story is unique and fresh. I read this story in one sitting. You can’t go wrong with these characters. They are absolutely amazing.
Meredith Sigrist
May 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The second book in the Gamer Boy series doesn't disappoint! Simon and Gia have great chemistry and a realistic story that makes you believe in second chances. I can't wait to read her next book!
Denise Kirchgassner
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this book. It made me laugh at the group of friends with their witty comebacks and fun conversations, cry a little over the heartbreak between Gia and Simon and angry at Gia for being so dumb and stupid.

I was also super excited to see glimpses of Dex and Morgans life, who I fell in love with in the first book.

-more details to come-
M Hurford
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gaming is soooo not my genre. In fact it's not my life, my generation. That being said, this has little to do with that and more to do with the effects of mental illness on family and their significant others. This is such a well-written love story, a story of endurance and a story of what happens when positive support is not only there, but is taken. I wholeheartedly recommend this book for your reading enjoyment.
(Note: I was provided an Advanced Review Copy of this book in exchange for an hon
Ree
May 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
Gia & Simon get a second chance to rework their relationship and rewrite their past. Just as the first set of hurdles are passed, another huge obstacle looms. Gia will have to decide how much she'll compromise in order to be happy.

This was a fun story, with a group of friends that endeared themselves to me. Though this is the first book I'm reading in the series, I can't wait to read more.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book.
Jennifer Richey
May 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Gia loses her bestfriend because she has to move when they were in highschool! Years later they run into each other he also confessed his feelings to her before she moved will he feel the same? This was a cute 2nd chance romance story!
Himanish Prabhakar
May 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-copy, drama, romance
My review is 4.1 stars.

I have not read #1 in this series but I think I didn't have problems that much in understanding this one. There are many things that were going on in the book, but the parts of the book that I really liked was the way they were written. The romance that is shown in the lead characters is good and interesting.

I liked the way author played with the story and wrote the scenes. I liked the characters of the book. The friends of the lead characters are very good. The way the fr
L.J. Evans
May 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The “Gamer Boy” romance series by Lauren Helms is adorably quirky, nerdy, and unique. ONE MORE ROUND continues the series with its heart-melting characters that will make you laugh and cry. Get ready to “level up” for another original love story by this must read author.

Gia and Simon are heart-wrenching, funny, and warm. I love the entire idea of this series with the Gamers and the friends and romances in their lives. I feel like it's fresh and different from other romance books I read. I love t
NovelMomma
Feb 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, audio
This was my first book by Lauren Helms, but after having her recommended to me over and over, I jumped at the chance to grab a free copy of the audio. I am so glad I did! I really enjoyed this story and the narration.

The characters were all really relatable, and I not only enjoyed the main characters, but I fell for this whole group of friends. I loved the friendships they shared. These extra connections made them even more real and added depth to the story and the main characters.

I love second
Marlene Davis
Shelves: write-a-review
I voluntarily read this book through an Advanced Reader Copy. Gia is a young woman who gets paid for watching TV, of course she writes about the shows, gets to see first and last episodes before everyone else. She and her roomie, Morgan met after she moved to Indy and became best friends through college and now into their working lives in Chicago. She has a secret she never revealed to her friends, as she has a twin with mental problems, but since he was out of the house and in a residential fac ...more
Brenda
May 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed
Publisher's Description:

Simon has doubts, and Gia has secrets—will they be able to let go of the past that hurt them both or will history repeat itself?

Gia is living the dream with an amazing career and wonderful friends. Her life is on the right track, until a tall, broody blast-from-the-past breezes back into her life, sending her into a tailspin. She never forgot about Simon—her first love—or the way she cut him from her life all those years ago. Now, she doesn’t know what to do.

Simon never
Angie Klug
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
AAAHHHH!!! I love this series!!

And I didn't think I could love a gamer boy more than Dex from Book 1....but I'm not sure it gets better than Simon, my new favorite geeky hottie!

This is the first book in a long time that I literally didn't want to stop reading! Hello 2am book hangover.

Simon and Gia were just so cute. Secrets, tension, & angst all lead to some sweet & steamy scenes. Their history and challenges added to my anticipation and need to keep turning pages. There was plenty of ti
Joyce Black
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
There is a depth to this story more than just a romantic interlude. I found it very informative to hear from a sibling's point of view of having to live and to grow up with a troubled sibling having bi-polar disorder. The impacts of any disorder are not just to the person affected by them but also by the immediate family members as well. This story was well written and was great to read. It was good to see such wonderful camaraderie written into a story. This novel's characters overlap into othe ...more
Happily Mary After
Lauren Helms delivers a sweet and steamy romance that packs an emotional punch. One More Round delves into mental health issues with the adequate seriousness and respect they deserve, giving this second-chance love story depth. I found Simon’s occupation as a professional gamer to be a unique and interesting story element and relevant to today’s culture. Gia and Simon are the epitome of innocent first loves finding one another again, and they made me smile. This is my first time reading Lauren H ...more
Laila Viking
Well written story with nice storyline and plot. A second chance novel with a mix of drama, pain, trust, lust, love, passion and emotional ups and downs. It has some twists in it. A sweet and steamy novel with lots in it. About letting the walls down and let the one that fate has chosen for you in. To embrace the future and let go of the past. The characters are likeable and well described.
I like it is written in dual POV, which gives the reader both the thoughts and feelings of the main charact
Amy
May 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was my first book by Lauren Helms, and it won't be my last. I absolutely loved it. The relationship between Simon & Gia is a whirlwind of emotions from start to finish. Their love and friendship is truly one to fight for. Through their ups and downs they finally find their way back to each other. This is for sure a must read. I can't wait for the next book in the series. I voluntarily reviewed an advanced reader copy that I won in a contest of this book, as well as purchased for my libr ...more
Adriana Meister
May 24, 2018 rated it really liked it
BP34
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The story of Simon and Gia is fast paced and full of action. Lots of twists, passion and secrets. This is the second book in the Gamer series and can be read as a standalone but it better read after book one. A second chance romance that will take you on an emotional roller coaster. You'll laugh and you'll cry but you'll be brought into the action with Simon, Gia and their friends. I read a reader copy and voluntarily chose to write a review.
Amber - TBR Book Blog
May 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Oh how I needed Gia and Simon's story!! I just knew from Level Me Up (book 1) that there was more to their whole background then just being former friends.

Since I first read Level Me Up and was introduced to this professional gaming world, I've been so enthralled by it. Total stereotype but who thinks of gamers (even professional ones) being this complete opposite of the nerd boy who can't talk to girls?? Not accurate but it's always my first impression. So I'm owning it. These gamers are NOT l
Sara ✨ Next Book Review Blog ✨
********* AUDIOBOOK REVIEW *********

So I haven’t read/listened to Lauren Helms before. However, this book, One More Round, is the second book in the Gamer Boy series. I really didn’t feel like I needed to read/listen to the first book to get this one. Of course I obviously missed out on the couple in Level Me up and probably even some background on Gia and Simon. Again though, I’m ok with it and don’t feel like I have missed out on anything. So… Gia… I loved Gia! She’s seriously my spirit animal
Noel
Jun 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Oh.Em.Games!

This was totally not what I was expecting, I'm not really sure what I was expecting, but this blew it away.
The writing and story line was so good and well put together. Everything even with time jumps and such it honestly was really easy to follow.

I loved the whole friends to enemies to lovers thing. I mean really it was kind of cool to see things go differently a bit.
Ugh, the twin brother was kind of horrid in this instant I mean, I don't know if I can honestly get the right words o
Megan | A Page to Turn
I give this one more like 4.5 stars.

While I really enjoyed Level Me Up, the first book in this series - it was not near as good as this installment in the series. Also, you do not need to read it to enjoy Gia and Simon's story! This series is kind of interconnected standalones, so while characters can overlap, you can totally start with this book and then go back and read LMU if you want!

Gia and Simon are the epitome of what I love about new adult romance. They are mid-twenties, really still l
kgagnon
Feb 12, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook
I loved this breathtaking and moving second chance romance. Gia and Simon were best friends and more when Gia moved away suddenly without saying goodbye. Now years later they are back in the same city with mutual friends. Simon is hurt and doesn't forgive easily. Gia is so close and loves her friends but is afraid to reveal her secrets. When Simon decides he can't live without her any longer, he will do whatever it takes to make her his, this time for good. I really loved Gia and Simon, even whe ...more
« previous 1 3 4 next »
Lauren Helms has forever been an avid reader from the beginning. After starting a book review website, that catapulted her fully into the book world, she knew that something was missing. Lauren decided to take the plunge and write her first novel. While working for a video game strategy guide publisher, she decided to mix what she knew best--video games and romance. She decided to take the plunge ...more

Gamer Boy (3 books)
  • Level Me Up (Gamer Boy, #1)
  • Game All Night (Gamer Boy, #3)