Start by marking “Snow Falling (Haven Hart Universe, #1)” as Want to Read:
Snow Falling (Haven Hart Universe, #1)

Snow Falling

(Haven Hart Universe #1)

After running from a past destined to kill him, Snow has been hiding on the streets.

Tell nobody your name.
Tell nobody your secrets.
Trust nobody!
These are the rules of the streets.

His entire life changes when he saves an eight-year-old boy from a violent end.

Christopher Manos is one of the most powerful crime bosses in the country.

Don’t ask anyone to do something you
Published November 29th 2017 (first published November 27th 2017)

To ask other readers questions about Snow Falling, please sign up.
Davidson King Sorry. I just saw this my apologies. I'm just figuring out how this all works LOL. Yes on November 28th it will be available on Amazon for Kindle

Tanu Gill
Dec 20, 2017 rated it liked it
Okay, I’ll admit that I went into this book with my eyes wide open. What I mean is, that I read the reviews of my fellow reviewers saying it wasn’t all mafia-like as the blurb claimed, so I wasn’t that upset and disappointed when I found the remarks to be true.

And yes, the others were right. It was like entering the Twilight Zone of mobs, it was so bizarre to start a book thinking you will find grit, gore and bloodbaths, but only to encounter a mob boss who acts like any self-righteous billionai
Lyn
25% cnf... Snow is homeless. Christopher Manos is a feared crime lord. I read something like that in a summary, and I'm thinking "cool a nice dark, gritty, edgy read, right?" Nope. If anything, it was a bit on the cutesy side. So I'm moving on.
Elsa Bravante
He comenzado a escribir esta review varias veces y he borrado lo que he escrito porque no sé muy bien cómo decir lo que me ha parecido el libro, no quiero ser hiriente. Justo es decir que estoy en minoría aquí y que la mayoría de reviewers parece que han adorado el libro.
¿Cómo empezar? La historia de un chico de la calle y un jefe de una de las mafias más poderosas se presentaba interesante, cuando piensas en ese tipo de historias te viene a la cabeza la tensión, la oposición entre lo bueno y lo
Cadiva
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is seriously good. For a debut novel, the skill which has gone into the plotting, the tightness of the narrative and the unique flavour of each of the MCs is very impressive.

On the face of it, this is your typical mobster related romantic thriller, but when you drill deeper into the story, there is a lightness to the author's hand which results in sharp dialogue, a good store of secondary characters and world building, and a great chemistry between the MCs.

I loved both Christopher and
Lorraine Lesar
Dec 02, 2017 rated it liked it
I expected and wanted, dark. Most probably violence and blood letting - this is a Mafia/Crime Family book after all. But what I got was light and dare I say, fluffy? and I think we all agree that fluffy doesn't belong in that world. So much so, I think I'm going to have to make an offer to this author that she can't refuse, when I invite her to have a little chat with me about writing a dark, Mafia style romance, lol.
I think 3* is an encouraging rating for this debute author, rather than a detri
Barbara➰
DNF 79%. I know...I could have kept going but it just wasn't working anymore for me. I tried this book 3 times and was determined to finish it this time. I was doing good but then all the stuff with Roy happened and just lost interest.
Eugenia
Jan 25, 2018 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: contemporary, mafia, mm
A Mafia Lite for me, please.

2.5 Stars rounded down. First, “Yay! Debut Author, congrats on your first novel.” Second, good cover. Third, nice title.

OK, now when I read blurbs with words like “mafia, crime boss, secrets, murder, and power play” (OK, to be honest, I don’t know if those words were in the blurb, I’m just winging it here....just go with it) I expect DARK. Yes, that’s right. DARK and BITTER.

What I got was a crime lord with a heart of gold (*wipes tear from eye*), who did more good th
Truuss
Nov 22, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2017, m-m
Snow a young man an enigma... for five years in the shadows
Christopher, head of an imperium, a man respected and feared by his surrounders, righteous but razor sharp.

Snow saves a little boy from cruel destroying hands.... not knowing this boy Simon is the nephew of Christopher...
When their paths crossed the air changed...
The interaction between Snow and Christopher is very strong.

"I'll make you feel so normal your head will explode.”
"Please.”
When you know the context you'll understand the weig
Stephanie
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: m-m
1.5 rounded up tho I'm not sure why...I don't even know where to start bc everything was so over the top ridiculous.

Big crime boss immediately trusts an unknown homeless man to live in his house, gaurd his nephew, be in the room when he kills a guy??? He just starts spilling all kinds of secrets & within 2 days Snow is just part of his crew...NO.

Everything is just understood or solved with a quick conversation...no questions.

The more I'm thinking about it, as I write this, the more annoyed
Sheri
I don’t often have the time to try new authors these days. It’s not that I’m unwillingly to try new things, but more like I have less time to devote to reading, reviewing, blogging and I’m forced to focus on familiar and trusted names. I think it was a combination of the intriguing blurb, sharp cover and title that snagged my attention here. I’m grateful I gave it a chance. I enjoyed both the story and King’s style and will certainly keep an eye out for more from her.

If you’re looking for a hard
Denise H.
A first book by this author. It's fantastic !
Snow, a sassy, strong willed,

a fighter, a survivor, has a gifted mind. Five years on the street since he escaped his dad, and has not sold his body. He's seen a lot of sadness in his life already. Now, a pair of bad guys were roughing up a kid, trying to take him, when Snow runs into the alley to stop them. A deal is made, the kid is safe, so, Snow takes him home to his Uncle, but Roy's payback is next week.
His Uncle is none other than, Christopher
Bo
Dec 17, 2017 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
If I had sum up this novel in one word, it would be BLAND. It's like a meal that needs more seasoning. It needed more emotions, more violence, just more. I didn't hate it, I didn't love it. It was just blah. The only thing that shined was the relationship between the little boy Simon, and the character we know as Snow. If only all the relationships in this novel seemed as organic. The sex scenes were boring, and mobster wasn't scary. I would give this author another chance, but my expectations w ...more
Deborah
Jan 28, 2019 rated it liked it
I’m late to this party (yet again) and there’s so many great reviews I’ll keep mine short.

My short review is simply.
What she said

I wasn’t sure I was ever going to read this book. I’d read the reviews and knew it was a sweet, warm and fluffy mafia read. Now when I think mafia I think dark, gritty and ruthless so I’d more or less decided to skip it. But then the reviews for the other books in the series kept cropping up and they were good. They were so good
Susan
Nov 21, 2017 marked it as dnf
DNF at 38%

I so wasn't feeling this relationship. These guys had no chemistry at all.
Debra

A good first book from a first-time author. Luckily I went into it knowing it was on the light side of mafia books and didn't expect intense crimeworld goings on. This is a pretty straight-forward love story between two men who never should have met and on the outside seemingly have nothing in common.

Davidson King's writing is very self-aware and you can tell she was a big-time reader before diving into writing. As I was reading and a thought or niggle popped into my mind, it was almos
JenMcJ
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
** not an ARC review ** 3.5 stars
This was a really good debut novel. The writing was above par and the characters were mostly believable. It had some real laugh out loud and witty lines; Snow was very entertaining. However, it wasn't perfect. I think the plotting had some weak points. It leaned a tad too close to insta-love, had at least one TSTL plot choice for Snow and the author tried too hard to make Christopher Manos both equal parts ruthless and lovable which made him seem more ineffective
Alexander
Dec 06, 2018 rated it did not like it
DNF at around 70%. 1.5 stars for the simple fact I've read worse.

I don’t want to come across as mean, but I fail to understand how this book’s got so many five star reviews. If you approach it from any objective point of view, judging the characters’ construction alone, their motivation and the plot of the story, this book will be nowhere near the five-star rating.

I'll start by pointing out that the elements underlined so many times in the blurb have been completely neglected in the development
⚣Michaelle⚣
3.3 Stars

I liked the narration but given the summary I think I was expecting a grittier book. Don't get me wrong, there was a bit of Mob-type Justice here (that kid (view spoiler)) and I liked that Snow finally got some closure on his previous life (and that (view spoiler)
Racheal Celatka yunk
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Snow was the name he was given five years ago when he closed the door on his previous life. He always tried to blend in the shadows not making himself known to too many. He did what he needed to survive without losing his soul too much. However, on a cold night he makes a decision that will aldulter is life forever.
For anyone that hears the name Christopher Manos they know of the power and the fear that goes with that name. So when his driver has to come and tell him that his son, has gone miss
Amanda
In Snow Falling, we have Snow, who is basically a homeless street rat who happened to rescue the mafia boss, Christopher Manos' nephew. The story was told in a way that we get to see a lot of action and plot progression, but we didn't get to delve much into the characters background. For example, I didn't get to know how Snow survive on the street, what did he do to survive? Chris seems to be a formidable figure, but I don't know what kind of criminal activities does he involve in.

The part that
Chris
Jan 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: lgbtq, military-crime
This was a little softer than I expected. Snow was a great character, although somewhat “too good “ and just seemed a bit too perfect. Christopher was the toughest and most feared mafia boss but really was pure fluff for Snow. For me, these descriptions/ behaviors lacked balance. A good read, just not a great read for me.
Lori
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Review soon at bmbr.
Tanja
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This was a seriously good book, fascinating and intriguing. Very well written with a fast pace, but I didn’t feel it was rushed. It reads like a TV series. A well-thought-out plot and nail-biting suspense had me on the edge of my seat.
Snow, a beautiful street rat, saves Simon, the nephew of mobster boss, Christopher. Christopher is a ruthless man, doesn’t shy away from killing men who he thinks deserve it, but he also has a conscious and is respected by others. I must say I had trouble liking Ch
rowenalovelace
Jan 24, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: did-not-finish
DNF at 40%.

I am very certain that, -as a very ordinary citizen- Christopher Manos is by no means a mafia boss! He is just a sweet guy with dark and rough edges, or that's what the book gave me anyway.

I was promised dark and angsty but given instant-love and fluff. It isnot necessarily a bad thing, but when your expectations were different - it kind of puts you off. That was me.
Steph ☀️
Jan 13, 2018 marked it as dnf
Stopping at the 40% mark. This is just way too soft and ‘sweet’ for the type of storyline.
Joyfully Jay
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: sue
A Joyfully Jay review.

I adored Snow Falling and while it wasn’t quite perfect, it had a wonderfully sweet couple and enough action to capture and keep my interest. The pacing is smooth and well balanced and the writing is crisp and concise. Apparently this is the author’s debut novel, but Snow Falling reads like the work of a long established writer.

Snow and Christopher are both compelling characters. They balance one another brilliantly and their romance feels believable, if somewhat
Susan
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: z-2018, mm-read
I read a few reviews before I started this book so I knew a little bit of what to expect. As others have said if you read the words "crime boss" and expect a dark and edgy story , you will probably be a little disappointed. What you will get, though, is Snow - a snarky, fiercely independent enigma and Christopher - the man who wants to break through all Snow's barriers and just keep him safe and loved. It was a great introduction to this world and I look forward to more stories.
Em
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was ok
Shelves: mm
Nerea
Aug 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ahhh I was expecting a bit less romance from this book because is set on crime/gangs world.. but is surprisingly cute! Also Christopher family dynamics are so charming! I was so invested in the plot!!
This is my first book of this author, but definitely I will check more of his titles!
Amy
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
I could not get into this book. I felt so rushed with everything. Wanting to get away, wanting to stay, falling in love, having sex, the ending. I felt like someone was always over my shoulder cracking a whip to hurry up and finish this book. It wasn't because I enjoyed it, it was just how things were described and how the pace went. The story just never got deep enough, we just skimmed the top. I wanted more. I needed more.

Honestly, I didn't like or connect with Christopher or Snow. Christophe
  • A Counselor Among Wolves (Leader Murders, #2)
  • Tramps and Thieves (Murder and Mayhem, #2)
  • Sex & Sourdough
  • Adverse Effects (Saving Caeorleia, #2)
  • Machine Metal Magic (Mind + Machine, #1)
  • The Necromancer's Reckoning (The Beacon Hill Sorcerer, #3)
  • Hanging by the Moment
  • His Consort
  • The Dream of a Thousand Nights
  • The Hunt
  • Bad Behavior  (Bad in Baltimore, #5)
  • Just Like Heaven
  • Sūnder  (Darksoul, #1)
  • In Enemy Hands
  • The Enchanter's Flame (The Ellwood Chronicles #1)
  • Pilgrimage
  • Vanilla Clouds
  • Lucky Man
Davidson King, always had a hope that someday her daydreams would become real-life stories. As a child, you would often find her in her own world, thinking up the most insane situations. It may have taken her awhile, but she made her dream come true with her first published work, Snow Falling.

When she’s not writing you can find her blogging away on Diverse Reader, her review and promotional site.

Haven Hart Universe (5 books)
  • Hug It Out (Haven Hart Universe, #2)
  • A Dangerous Dance (Haven Hart Universe #3)
  • From These Ashes (Haven Hart Universe #4)
  • Snow Storm (Haven Hart Universe #5)
“His body was a street of broken dreams.” 2 likes
“We are like a glass. You can have a glass for years, decades even, It will server its purpose, being filled and drained over and over. Then one day, someone will come along and be a little too hard on it, and a tiny crack will form. That fissure will weaken the glass. Every bump and bang. Every mouth that touches it or hand that grips it will contribute to its inevitable shatter. But in its time, it will server its purpose and when it's a million pieces of glass, someone will come along and pick it up. They will decide if it should be thrown away or if it's worth saving.” 1 likes