Start by marking “Starry Eyes” as Want to Read:
Starry Eyes

Starry Eyes

4.04  ·  Rating details ·  12,658 ratings  ·  2,370 reviews
Ever since last year’s homecoming dance, best-friends-turned-worst-enemies Zorie and Lennon have made an art of avoiding each other. It doesn’t hurt that their families are the modern-day version of the Montagues and Capulets. But when a group camping trip goes south, Zorie and Lennon find themselves stranded in the wilderness. Alone. Together.

Zorie and Lennon have no choi
Published May 17th 2018 by Simon & Schuster Children's UK (first published April 3rd 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Starry Eyes, please sign up.
Emily It says 14+ but I would say even older... There are a lot of mature themes
Jenn It's written from the POV of Zorie, a teen girl.

·  12,658 ratings  ·  2,370 reviews

Start your review of Starry Eyes
Warda
Jun 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Ugh, cuteness galore!

Features:
• A protagonist who’s super into planning everything!
• Has a Korean mother who’s a masseuse
• A lesbian couple for neighbours with a son that’s pretty much a genius (and that I’m in love with!)
• His mothers are so loving it makes me sick
• Oh and they own a sex toy shop. Casual shit.
• Banter galore
• Safe sex (which YA book preaches about this nowadays?!)
• Our main character goes camping, exploring the wilderness with her lover/best friend turned enemy
• Like I said,
Melanie

“A map of us. It's years in the making, and it's messy and convoluted, some of it even tragic. But I wouldn't change the route, because we walked it together, even when we were apart. And the best part about it is that it's unfinished. Uncertainty isn't always a bad thing. Sometimes it can even be filled with extraordinary potential.”

Best YA Contemporary I’ve read all year? Yes. Best YA Contemporary I’ve read ever? Perhaps. From the beautiful romance, to the masterful different famil
jessica
this isnt my favourite book that jenn bennett has written and i know im in the minority with that opinion. i cant really put my finger on a specific reason why i didnt fall in love with this as easily as i did with her other stories, but there is a still a lot that i enjoyed about this.
- the writing is as easy, breezy as it always is. the best books are ones where you begin and then look up 200 pages later and you have no idea how the time flew because its just so effortless to read.

- SO. MUCH.
may ❀
i posted an actual review i know, incredible

Without a DOUBT, jenn bennett has now earned herself a place in my top favourite contemporary authors to ever exist bc gosh damn THIS WOMAN CAN WRITE

- So, I’ve been hardcore slumping for a whiilllleeee and somehow this book saved my entire reading career, amazing
- 👏 enemies 👏 to 👏 lovers 👏 trope 👏 I 👏 am 👏 WEAK 👏
- I love love loveD THIS BOOK FROM THE START like not only is the writing sooooo easy to slide into but the plot and adventure and charact
BernLuvsBooks
Starry Eyes by Jenn Bennett was a fun, sweet contemporary YA/NA read.

Sometimes you just need a fun contemporary YA/NA (I say NA due to some sexual content) read to lighten things up. This book did just that for me. It was a perfect summer read - camping, hiking, stargazing and a friends-to-enemies-to-lovers plot between Zorie and Lennon. Throw in family strife stemming from secrets and parental infidelity and you have a story that was relatable and engrossing. Bennett's characters were ve
Candace Robinson
Honestly, I hated the first couple of chapters of this book. Zorie was annoying, then the whole Brett thing was ridiculous, because he was ridiculous, not sure how she didn't notice that at first... Buttttt The Anatomical Shape of A Heart is my favorite contemporary ever, so I was like let me just proceed. And thank goodness I did because this is one of my favorite contemporary books this year. Given, this is the only contemporary I have read so far in 2018, but I'm pretty positive it will stay ...more
Chelsea (chelseadolling reads)
Sep 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favorites
Wow, I liked this SO MUCH. Zorie and Lennon are my new favorites and I will not be told otherwise. Also, queer moms that own a sex shop. THIS WAS SO GREAT.

TW: cheating, death of a parent, depression, getting stranded
Stacee
I’m a sucker for anything that hints at R+J or BFF to more, but to have both AND it comes with Jenn Bennett’s name attached to it? Yeah, I’m sold.

Love love love Zorie and Lennon. She’s addicted to planning and organization and loves the stars. He’s snarky and maybe a bit sullen and loves hiking. Together there’s a lot of history and hurt and feeeeeeeeelings between them and I absolutely loved reading them figure it all out. There are some others characters, but it quickly becomes the two of them
Jessica
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Fans of West, Buxbaum, JLA, Kemmerer
Recommended to Jessica by: Jasprit

Books like this one are why I love reading contemporary YA and YA romance in particular. Compared to adult books, YA romance cannot rely on sexual tension as much, at least not to the same extent as adult romance can. The authors need to make you feel that giddy, tingly anticipation without lots of innuendo and sexy scenes. Not that adult romance can solely rely on that but a good dose of sexy does make things easier, I think. Giving you, as a reader, that feeling of falling in love, m
Sana
I loved this book for many reasons:

Lennon has two moms who own a sex shop and they are the coolest moms ever.
Zorie has a Korean step mom who is so amazing and their relationship is so pure and loving and wholesome, ahh!!!
Zorie and Lennon have an enemies to lovers relationship and did I mention how much I love that? Enemies to lovers trope>>>>> every other trope.
They go glamping and encounter bears and it’s terrifying but also kind of cool at the same time??
They encounter the wildlife and it wa
elena
Jun 26, 2020 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-in-2020
i would DIE for lennon
Kayla Dawn
Aug 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: owned-books
This was pretty mediocre, definitely a quick read though. Didn't really like the main character but she was bearable. A little too much horny & angsty teenager stuff for me but oh well, that was to be expected. ...more
Khadidja
Jun 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
[Read in an annoyingly high pitched voice used in commercials]

Looking for a cute light read for summer?
Tired of all those cheesy plotless contemporaries?
Want to read more books with diverse characters?

Here you have Starry eyes, where the protagonist is into planning for every single little thing and has a Korean step mom who isn't evil. She has a lesbian couple as neighbours and they own a sex shop and they have an amazingly dark smart gorgeous son!

Not only this but you'll also find :
Friend
Miranda Reads
It wasn't the worst I've read but by gosh, I wanted to strangle the Main Character by the third chapter. It should be illegal to be that dumb.

Full review to come
✨ A ✨
Jenn Bennett has done it again! Alex, approximately is my fave and has a special place in my heart, but I must say that this book was just as good.

I notice that in all of Bennett's books, her main characters are not your conventional types with 'normal' hobbies. They're different. And I absolutely love that.

I think it was great that Zorie and Lennon already knew eachother and had a previous (kind of) relationship before. There was no meet cute in this book. I loved the friends-to-enemies-to-love
Kristin Hackett (SuperSpaceChick)
This is 100% a new favorite of mine<3 ...more
Heather
Apr 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: ya-contemporary
Another @j3nn_benn book that I love! Last year I read her book, Alex Approximately & adored it so I was so excited for #starryeyes and once again I adored it!

I don’t think I liked this one as much as Alex but I still really enjoyed it! Another perfect summer read as well!! This one has a camping and hiking aspect to it which I enjoyed but good lord I am not like that at all! I am not a camper at all but I loved reading Zorie’s & Lennon’s hiking journey!! ⛺️ 🔭
Overall would definitely recommend t
Abbie (boneseasonofglass)
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
I enjoyed this so much!!

I loved the whole story, the kind of friends to enemies to lovers things was perfect
The characters and supporting characters were wonderful, and I loved the personal journeys that they all took

It was so well written, and tbh it made me want to go camping, and I am one of the least outdoorsy people ever haha

The setting and descriptions were so beautiful, and also it is so wonderful that there were maps, I absolutely loved that aspect!

I would 100% recommend this to read
Trina (Between Chapters)
Cuuuuuute.

I had some annoyances here and there - as a parent I have some choice WORDS for Reagan - but overall I really enjoyed the friends-to-enemies-to-love thing it had going on. I could FEEL the longing from one of the characters. I also loved the survival element. This was my first Jenn Bennett book (just the first I could get ahold of) and I really enjoyed how she wrote the romantic chemistry so I'm looking forward to reading more by her!

tw: snakes, being lost in the wilderness, cheating p
Camila Roy ••RoyIsReading••
RATING: solid 4/5

”When I looked up at the stars, I saw us. You were the stars and I was the dark sky behind you”
“Without dark sky you couldn’t see the stars”
“I knew I was useful” he says
“You’re essential”

This is the first Jenn Bennett book I’ve read but it definitely won’t be my last! I couldn’t put down this cute, lighthearted and very fun novel. So many awesome moments I could mention??

I found the plot very refreshing and unique in its own way. I’ve read about camps before but never about an
Em Lost In Books
3.5*.

Cuteness overloaded.
Nick
Nov 01, 2018 marked it as to-read  ·  review of another edition
I love camping so it doesn't matter if it is good or not, I am still reading it.
andee
5/5 Stars

Best friends-turned-best enemies Zorie and Lennon are stranded together after a camping trip that goes wrong. With no one but each other, they are forced to face their issues. With witty jabs and insults as they try to make it back to safety. Fighting each other while also fighting off the forces of nature, what could possibly go wrong?

This book was a spectacular adventure with cuteness, fun, romance and heartbreak.

I really enjoyed these characters they weren't the cliche YA character
Danielle ❤️ Pretty Mess Reading ❤️
****4 STARS****

I don't know what the hell is going on with me but I've been loving me some YA books, this one included.

Review to come. . .
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
3.5 stars. Cute and addictive. Finished it in less than a day. I wanted something I could fly through, and this book delivered. Side note: It was also refreshing to see sex discussed in a positive, healthy, consensual way. This book doesn't come out until April 2018, but I think it will make a perfect summer read next year!
Jaime Arkin
If you don’t already know this, Jenn Bennett writes some of the best YA Contemporary that’s out there. I adore her style and her characters and her words and just everything.

I’ve been eagerly waiting for Starry Eyes and when I just happened to get my hands on it early, there was no way I was waiting to dive in.

Zorie and Lennon have been best friends forever and more recently they were exploring their romantic feelings. But Zorie can tell you the exact date everything changed only she doesn’t re
Amy Leigh
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a quick read but a feel good adorable ya contemporary that I may re-read just because. After reading Alex,Approximately I knew I had found a new auto read author. This book did not let me down at all! I loved the romance and awkwardness and everything about it. I highly recommend this to ya contemporary romance fans and invite you to fall in love!

Zorie is an astronomy geek with future plans to work at NASA. For now, she is working part time at her parent's wellness clinic as a reception
maram ☂︎
Aug 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommended to maram ☂︎ by: may ❀
🤩 gushgalore. just the right amount of fluff 🤩

-----

3 days in the BookTubeAThon challenge and I'm finally starting my 2nd book 🎉

This will be my first Jenn Bennett's book and I'm reaaaalllllyyy excited to dive into it because it has my all-time favorite trope: enemies-to-lovers.
Anja H.
Feb 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
*4.25 STARRY EYED STARS*

“Don't be cautious. Be careful,' she reminds me. Cautious people are afraid of the unknown and avoid it. Careful people plan so that they're more confident when they face the unknown.”

Well damn, I loved this! Zorie and Lennon's story was so damn cute it did not only give me starry eyes, but a fluttering heart and happy soul as well!
Books with roadtrips (or in this case camping trips) are one of my many guilty pleasures so I enjoyed this immensely!
♥Rachel♥
Apr 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 Stars

So many things to love about Starry Eyes!

The setting!
A locale I’m pretty familiar with was like another character in the story, and Jenn Bennett’s beautiful descriptions made the setting come alive! I could almost smell the pines and picture wading through the ferns while reading.

Backpacking!
I used to be and avid backpacker so I loved that a good portion of Lennon and Zorie's story takes place while backpacking through the big redwoods. Trying to survive in the wilderness is a great

• Listen to Your Heart
  • Always Never Yours
  • Maybe This Time
  • If I'm Being Honest
  • Tweet Cute
  • The Upside of Falling
  • Shuffle, Repeat
  • Moment of Truth (Love, Life, and the List, #3)
  • Call It What You Want
  • Fame, Fate, and the First Kiss (Love, Life, and the List, #2)
  • Love, Life, and the List (Love, Life, and the List, #1)
  • On the Fence
  • Save the Date
  • Meet Me at Midnight
  • More Than We Can Tell (Letters to the Lost, #2)
  • 10 Blind Dates
  • By Your Side
  • The Distance Between Us
Jenn Bennett is the author of over a dozen books, including the young adult titles: ALEX, APPROXIMATELY; STARRY EYES; SERIOUS MOONLIGHT; and THE LADY ROGUE. She also writes romance and fantasy for adults. Her books have earned multiple starred reviews, been Goodreads Choice Award nominees, and have been included on annual Best Book lists for both Kirkus and Publishers Weekly. She lives near Atlant ...more