Start by marking “Cocky Roommate (Book Boyfriends, #2)” as Want to Read:
Cocky Roommate (Book Boyfriends, #2)

Cocky Roommate

(Book Boyfriends #2)

This roommate thing was a terrible idea.

Kendra is a messy-haired, pajama-pants-wearing little ball of sass. The first thing she does is try to make friends with my random from the night before—giving her all sorts of bad ideas.

I don’t date. I don’t use words like girlfriend, or I’ll text you later. F*ck that. Relationships aren’t for me. I’ll give a woman a night she won’t
Published June 27th 2017 by Always Have, LLC

To ask other readers questions about Cocky Roommate, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cocky Roommate

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Cocky Roommate is by Claire Kingsley. I probably should admit before anything else, that I just might be a little bit in love with this author. If you read my review for Book Boyfriend, You know that I was completely bowled over by the book. Now, in this one, we are getting to know Alex’s sister, Kendra, who is also his editor. And you will also meet Weston Reid, her new roommate.

sexy doctor

Weston is a plastic surgeon and is friends with Alex and Kendra’s brother, Caleb. His house is getting remodeled and
✰♊ Angie ♊✰
What's this?
A hate-to-lovers roommate trope?
Don't mind if I do.

description

This was a good, steamy read. It was probably more of a 3+ star read for me... but the spice in this little gem gave it the extra bump in rating.

descriptiondescriptiondescriptiondescription

**** 4 Seductive Lip Bites ****

Kendra recently left her steady job to pursue her dream of being a freelance book editor. She is looking for a roommate to help supplement her income. Problem is, the list of potential roommate candidates is less than desirable.

description

When her brother suggests th
Bibi
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
I was pleasantly surprised by this enemies-to-lovers story. Solid 3.5 stars!
Libby Harrison

HEA: DFN
Triggers: DFN

Average score: 1/5

Best Line: NONE!!!!!!

Worst Line: when he first saw the h: “Did they not have a mirror wherever she woke up this morning? Jesus.” And “She’s got her arms crossed over her flat chest; she probably never filled out a training bra”

Personal Review:
DNF’d at chapter 7. ‘Hero’ was an OTT asshole in general and especially towards the heroine.

Random Ramblin
Carol (Bookaria)
This book is romantic, sexy, and FUN, FUN, FUN. This is the story of Kendra, a freelance writer who recently quit her day job and needs the additional income a roommate would bring while her own business takes off the ground. Weston is a doctor that is remodeling his house and needs a place to stay until the contractor finishes the work at his home. This is how the book starts but what follows is a fun, romantic ride.

The book is told from the alternating points of view of Kendra and Weston. The
jenny
Feb 01, 2019 rated it liked it
“You had me at I’m an asshole.”
This was a nice light read, nothing new or special, but nice. Sometimes that’s all you need :-)
Carol
4.5 stars.
This series just gets better and better. Kendra and Weston were so perfect. Asshole jerk meets kind sweetheart but Weston wasn't really a jerk he just wasn't used to kindness and consideration from anybody . I loved this book.😀🤗😀
Heather
Jun 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Claire Kingsley's Cocky Roommate was the perfect follow-up after reading Book Boyfriend. This story was mouth watering delicious. The author has a knack for adding just the perfect mix of hilarious banter that cracks you up laughing to the point your sides ache from the laughing. Cocky Roommate was sexy, hot and delicious!!
book bruin
Feb 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Audiobook Review

Overall 4.5 stars
Narration 4.5 stars
Story 4.5 stars

I was so excited to start Kendra's story after meeting her in Book Boyfriend! Initially, I was a little turned off by the hero, Weston, because when we first meet him, he is a grade A, world class a-hole! He says some incredibly rude and offensive things to Kendra and it was hard not to feel the hurt and anger right along with her at his callous remarks. I love a good anti-hero though, and Claire Kingsley did a fantastic job of s
Elysian Fields
Jun 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is by far my favorite story by this author! All of her works are amazing but this was the story that I will read again. The story starts out with Kendra coming home from a business trip to her home and having coffee with her “new roommate” only to find out that she is the one night stand of her real roommate: Weston. The hate-to-lovers aspect of this story was great and I really loved the push and pull between the characters and their new developing feelings.

Kendra is the ultimate woman th
Lu Bielefeld *read.laugh.love*
#cocky #freethecocky #cockywar #cockygate
---------------
Hero is a womanizer and asshole. He treats her rudely.
Heroine is cool and needs someone to share the rent.
Nothing exceptional in history. More of the same.
An ok reading.

“I’m sure Weston Reid has been called many things. Sexy. Brooding. Cocky. Mysterious, maybe. But adorable? I can see why you don’t get that a lot. I don’t think many people see you the way I do.”

“The point is, we make mistakes. We say things we don’t mean.” He pauses, holdin
Nicole P
Claire Kingsley should have entitled this Asshole Roommate. Weston Reid was an A-class douche bag of note. He is in need of accommodation while his house is being renovated. A friend of his offers his sisters place. From the get-go Weston is the absolute pits. Mean. Surly. Rude. And a playboy of note. Kendra Lawson, a freelance editor, was far too good for him. She was kind, sweet and caring despite Weston's shitty attitude. A love/hate trope, this book had the usual elements with the forced pro ...more
 B.E.Love
Jul 20, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I have heard nothing but great things about this book and though I hadn't read book one(about another couple who appears in this book) I decided to give it a try. I liked this book at times I loved this book but then there were times when I just wasn't connected. I almost stopped reading this one but I kept going and like I said when I loved it I loved it, and I'm glad I read it and even with me not enjoying every minute of this book I flew through it(which is weird for me).

The hero starts off
Brandi
There's nothing like finding a hot, sexy, broody alpha asshole.

It's one of those things that happens often. Cocky, arrogant, and broody all rolled into one neat little (well, not little) package. Add in a phobia for relationships, money, and the ability to push people away and you've got yourself the perfect Alpha Asshole.

Meet Weston.

He's that perfect culmination of all the things you want in your Book Boyfriend. And he is the last thing Kendra expected when her brother, Caleb, said he had a c
Dee Ownbey
Mar 01, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2019
Westin definitely was cocky. But who doesn’t love when the ones who try the hardest not to fall, fall the hardest. I love the hate to love books! Banter is a key factor to a great romance 😉
April   ♥"LOS" ♥
I'm so happy I stumbled upon this author! I love her fun and easy writing style and the way that she develops her characters.

Peggy R
I've said it before and I'll say it again, I just want to live in Claire Kingsley brain. I have been a fan of this author and her stories since almost day one when I was lucky enough to receive an advanced reader copy of one of her first books. She has an amazing ability to create characters and stories that take up residence in the readers hearts and stays with them long after the story has ended. Her stories are real and authentic. Her characters are so well written that the reader will instan ...more
Sylvia
Mar 26, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: audiobook, owned
Audiobook Review: Who doesn't love a

Narrated by Lucy Rivers and Teddy Hamilton
Sandra Lundy {coffee•books•wine}
My goodness! This series of romance novels is unusually good! I really enjoy the flow and the depth of the stories and they feel more relatable than cheesy. These have been a nice change from my usual picks!
Jackie D
Weston is cocky there is no doubt about that! He doesn't even dispute the claims~ a man of not many words does not waste the ones he does use on feeding someone else's ego; you need a pat on the back? Weston is not your man- your upper body needs fixing? He's your surgeon. All he needs is a place to stay for a few months-
Kendra needs a roommate- having quit her job to be a freelance editor. She needs the extra income when her brother sends a friend and fellow doctor her way to rent the extra ro
Lana Brown
Jun 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kendra needed a roommate, Caleb her brother arranged for one of his colleagues to share with her. Kendra didn't realise that they were male, his name is Weston Reid.
Weston likes the ladies, which he was entertaining the night that Kendra met him. A few days after, he was in an accident and Kendra looked after him and tried to make friends. He's quite difficult at first but then relaxes a bit. He's got issues with his dad and his business partner which makes him Very grumpy.
Claire's outdone herse
Valerie
Jun 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Weston is my new favorite a$$hole!

You start off hating him! Then you meet the real Weston and fall in love! Kendra is a very lovable heroine as well!!

The story line is good. Flows very well. Just the right about of sexytime with not over doing it. Tons of humor!

Highly recommend!

*I received an ARC copy of this book for an honest review*
Gogol
Aug 16, 2017 rated it it was ok  ·  review of another edition
Ok so here we go. Has anyone out there ever put any thoughts into the important role Blurb Writers' who write the blurbs for the books play? I highly doubt it's the writers themselves, because, had the way in which some blurbs spin the plot to titillate and interest readers, occurred to them, they'd have surely written the book like that in the first place? At any rate the blurb for this book was a bit misguiding. The "messy haired, pajama pants wearing ball of sass" leads one to believe that th ...more
Alyssa
4+ Stars

Well that was a delight. This is an easy-breezy, fun and light-hearted read. Low angst, low drama, and good steam when it finally gets there.

You've got a roomie/enemies-to-lovers trope. You've got an alpha-hole. You've got a heroine that's NOT a pushover. And you've got a slow to build romance.

It all worked for me. Cheers.
Cleoblacktra
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was sooo good!

Like most GR reviewers reading this - I could not for the life of me see how CK was going to redeem Weston - like any good author she flipped my feelings about him upside down.

Kendra was thee best. Total sweetheart. I officially have a friend crush on her :)

Fantastic first read for me by this author! This book is second in the series and it brought the heat ;P

Claire Kingsley you're a romance genius <3

Showie Ford
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Just ignore the cliche title, okay? I really enjoyed this story. Claire totally nailed the cocky ass hole guy who is secretly hiding his pain. This story was really well done. I loved how their relationship progressed. And Kendra was a dream. I love her. Ah! totally loving this binge.
Iving
Mar 23, 2019 rated it liked it
I wanted something cheesy and everything was okay for the first 70% of the book but that ending was too much cheese for my cheese craving you see.

Maria Di Pasqua
Jun 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew for sure that this book was going to be so good as I started reading its first pages but I didn't really expect my thrilling reaction to the entire story. Firstly I want to say it aloud, Weston is a jerk and Kendra is the typical naïve girl who thinks that everyone deserves a chance in life. But and there is a “but” the reader must go beyond the first impression of the male character and as the book develops it will soon pop up that Weston has a reason for being a jerk. I can sincerely ad ...more
Cheryl   Graham-Petit
Cocky Roommate by Claire Kingsley is skillfully written and captivated me from the cover to the very last page. This hate-to-lovers romance is filled with feels, witty banter, hot scenes, well thought out plot, humor, characters that you can't help but like, and so much more.

I volunteered to review an advanced readers copy of this book.

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 next »

• The Cowboy's Pride and Joy
  • Alpha Bodyguard
  • Jonty
  • Dirty Trick (Ballers #3)
  • Dealing Her Final Card (Princes Untamed, #1)
  • Three Day Fiancée (Animal Attraction, #2)
  • My Pride, His Prejudice (Austen in Love Book #1)
  • Marco (The Santinis, #2)
  • Max (Brothers in Blue #1)
  • Raw Need (Larson Brothers, #2)
  • The Third Wife
  • Just For Fun (Just Everyday Heroes: Day Shift, #4)
  • Drop Dead Gorgeous
  • The Perfect Match (Kissing the Enemy, #2)
  • The Runaway Countess
  • Crazy Cupid Love
  • Pregnesia (Recovery Men, #3)
  • After The Rain (One Pass Away #1)
Claire Kingsley is an Amazon Top 10 bestselling author of sexy, heartfelt contemporary romance and romantic comedies. Her upcoming release is coming in July!

Amazon https://amzn.to/2ZhZMXX
Facebook http://bit.ly/2EuPkVi
Instagram http://bit.ly/2YP4IUZ
Pinterest http://bit.ly/2JkKI8j

RECENT WORKS BY CLAIRE KINGSLEY:

Series:
Whiskey Chaser (Bootleg Springs, #1) by Lucy Score Sidecar Crush (Bootleg Springs, #2) by Claire Kingsley Moonshine Kiss (Bootleg Springs, #3) by Lucy Score Bourbon Bliss (Bootleg Springs, #4) by Claire Kingsley Gin Fling (Bootleg Springs, #5) by Lucy Score TBA (Bootleg Springs #6) by Claire Kingsley

Everly Dalton's Dating Disasters (Dirty Martini Running Club #0.5) by Claire Kingsley Faking Ms. Right (Dirty Martini Running Club #1) by Claire Kingsley TBA A Hot Romantic Comedy (Dirty Martini Running Club #2) by Claire Kingsley

Broken Miles (Miles Family, #1) by Claire Kingsley Forbidden Miles (Miles Family, #2) by Claire Kingsley Reckless Miles (Miles Family, #3) by Claire Kingsley Hidden Miles (Miles Family, #4) by Claire Kingsley Gaining Miles (Miles Family, #5) by Claire Kingsley

Book Boyfriend (Book Boyfriends, #1) by Claire Kingsley Cocky Roommate (Book Boyfriends, #2) by Claire Kingsley Hot Single Dad (Book Boyfriends, #3) by Claire Kingsley

Standalones:
His Heart by Claire Kingsley Remembering Ivy by Claire Kingsley TBA Bluewater Billionaires by Claire Kingsley

Book Boyfriends (3 books)
  • Book Boyfriend (Book Boyfriends, #1)
  • Hot Single Dad (Book Boyfriends, #3)