Start by marking “Book Boyfriend (Book Boyfriends, #1)” as Want to Read:
Book Boyfriend (Book Boyfriends, #1)

Book Boyfriend

(Book Boyfriends #1)

An alternate edition for this ASIN can be found here

He's too hot for words.

Mia

Alex Lawson might as well be the hottest book boyfriend imaginable. A fun, romantic, possessive, panty-melting man. And the best part?

He’s real.

For a girl like me—a slightly awkward book addict—Alex is a dream come true, straight off the pages of my favorite romance novels. But our story/>He's
Published April 4th 2017

To ask other readers questions about Book Boyfriend, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Book Boyfriend

Carol [Goodreads Addict]
Book Boyfriend is the first book I have ever read by Claire Kingsley. I have to ask myself why, why, why?! Because I have fallen in love with this book. It was full of humor, it was quirky, sweet, sexy as heck and just beautifully told. And the ending. Well, I swooned.

Book Boyfriend - Claire Kingsley

Mia Sullivan loves books. I mean, she really, really does. In real life, I think she was like a patient liaison at a hospital. She wears glasses which are constantly slipping down her nose, she is awkward, constantly dropping thin
Kat
Jun 25, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: kindle-unlimited
This was completely adorable from page one. A nerdy book blogger who loves her romance books on her kindle and can’t seem to get a second date. A computer guy turned closet romance novelist who writes under a pen name because 1. His dad would never approve and 2. Would romance readers really accept books from a male author? The two meet in an adorable meet-cute, and things go from there.

But of course, the plot thickens. Our blogger has a secret online identity. Our author is known by his female
Vintage
I hate to say this, but I hated part of this book. Such an adorable premise, but when one of the characters is a blithering idiot it's hard to get behind it.

For one of those few occasions, the dual POV worked as this is a kind of You've Got Mail scenario.

The h is a romance blogger; the H is a romance writer with a female pseudonym. The two have been emailing via her blog, and end up meeting cute in real life. The H figures out who the h is, but decides to keep his identity se
Wendy'sThoughts
Jul 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Recommends it for: Claire Kingsley Fans, Romance
4 Life Imitating Art While Being Real Stars
* * * * Spoiler Free
Books which nod to the romance industry hold a very special place in my reading heart. When you read as much as we do and have gone to events and shared moments with favorite authors, then anything which gives a wink and a nod to them is a pure delight. There are any number of books out there which have had some degree of story line with these elements... but this Book Boyfriend has another twist... and I love how all of it played out.

We have M
Julie Zantopoulos
Steamy AF when those sexy times hit and it's about a book blogger/romance reader and a man who writes romance books under a female pen name. There's a whole bunch of nerdy in it and I LIVED for it. Honestly, a fantastic audiobook, too! The voice actors were fantastic and I'll be saving the other two in the series (free on Hoopla) for Smutathon in June.
Elle's Book Blog
Release Date: April 4, 2017
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Actual Rating: 5 stars

I can't even begin to describe how much I loved this book! It's such a fun and original read with amazing characters who quickly warm your heart. I love how it's essentially a "story within a story" in terms of romances. How so? The hero is a ROMANCE AUTHOR. And the heroine is the girl who is slowly finding her HEA with a man just like all the characters she has come to love in BOOKS. The heroin/>/>
Cleoblacktra
Jul 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Obsessed!

I loved Alex & Mia's story. Even more so how Alex was totally enamored with Mia. And even more, more so - how these two just went for it! Balls to the walls and that's exciting to see. Not every scenario has to be huge drama - push n pull defcon 5 end of the world earth shattering post apocalyptic gauntlet fight to the death love stories -_-

Book boyfriend gives you all the feels without "devastation" and that my friends is refereshing.

2nd book I'v
Susani
DNF at 51%. Heroine is not working for me - way too insecure for me. Hero's not really for me either. Not fond of deception with the thought that it's ok, because the relationship isn't going to last anyway.
Carol
4.5 stars.
Purchased based on friend's review. New author to me. Great read, couldn't put it down until finished and I really had things I should have been doing today. Looking forward to book 2 and 3.
Jessica {Litnoob}
Jun 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
After the heavy i read this morning this is exactly the fun flirty and loving book I needed to round out my night. A one sitting wonder it was quick and quirky and fun all while being sweet and engaging and endearing. Plus let’s be real it spoke to my soul. An author falling for a book blogger, first meeting in a book store and clearly vibing at first meeting about their favorite books? Sign me the hell up!

I listened to this on audio and I am for sure making sure to buy a physical copy that’s h
Hannah
Aug 08, 2019 rated it liked it
Shelves: romance
I do like Claire Kingsley's writing, obviously, and this was charming - but also a bit too meta for me. I also never like plots where people kind of pretend to be somebody else, and I dislike when miscommunication is the main reason for drama. I did love how very vocally into each other these two were though.
jenny
Mar 09, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Okay, I'll admit it... I picked this up because of the title... But, hello? Book Boyfriend!! - We all love our book boyfriends and when there's a book called Book Boyfriend I just HAVE to check him out ;-)
"Don’t get me wrong, I love a good angsty romance. But sometimes it’s nice to read something lighter in between the weighty ones.”

And that's exactly what Book Boyfriend by Claire Kingsley is! I really enjoyed this light and funny story. And Alex is definitely a swoon-worthy book boyfriend!
swoon
Starr (AKA Bam Bam) Rivers
Well... at least it was free.

It was a fast, not particular riveting read. Simple, easy, not at all touching my emotions in any way, just kind of bleh. I found a couple of errors. Sexy bits were also meh. Mainly because of the lack of emotional intensity previously mentioned.

Might be 2.5 stars actually, rounded to 2. Not terribly satisfied. Felt like I just ate a plate of greens. And just so we're clear -- I'm 100% carnivore.
Kathleen R.
Apr 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Title: Book Boyfriend
Author: Claire Kingsley

5 amazing stars

Too often I've wondered what i would do if the perfect boyfriend showed up in front of me - of course, the kind that i usually only find in books, too good to be true and so very, unbelievably irresistible. I won't lie, i still believe that those kinds of men are only available in our minds and written down in the pages of the best books that i love. Of course, i was more than curious to find out how Claire Kingsley would make her own book boyfriend reaKingsley
Jaime Arkin
Mar 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
If you're a reader and have always dreamed of a guy picking you up in a bookstore with the line "let me buy you some books" then this book is for you.  Honestly, this book is probably all of our dreams come true.  Mia is a romance book blogger, and she's a bit introverted and nerdy and unapologetic about how much she loves to read... which I can appreciate so, so much.  That said, her family doesn't think her reading is a good use of her time, and if they knew about her blogging, they would make ...more
Jacob Proffitt
Jan 10, 2019 marked it as unfinished
Shelves: steamy
I started this even though it's a secret keeping story and that pretty much guarantees a dark moment. Because that's the point of secret keeping stories (I still maintain that it doesn't have to be, but why have a secret if you aren't going to have a dark moment?). I got about halfway, which is where him continuing to keep the secret became painful and I'm stopping. The thing is, at this point he knows enough to be able to put some trust in her. She's not a monster and he can clearly articulate why hi ...more
Tpagirl
Book Boyfriend was the first book I've read by Claire Kingsley. It was a standalone; however, Cocky Roommate and Hot Single Dad are both standalone novels that are the siblings to one of the main characters, Alex.

Alex Lawson was gorgeous. He carried the weight of his family on his shoulders. He loved to write but was stuck in a computer programming job to pay the bills. Inspiration struck and he became an overnight success as a romance writer under a female pen name.

Mia Sullivan was
Katerina
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was ok
Book Boyfriend is meh. That's the only way to describe it. Alex didn't come across as passionate at all for Mia. Just... bland. And Mia seemed a little too embarrassing and pathetic at points which her whole "falling over for him", "you're so perfect" kiss ass business. It was cringe to read about. I don't know if it's rooted down to her insecurities but could she have been anymore obvious? She was better at the end once she took some space from him, but the couple seemed really lacking, both in ...more
Maria Di Pasqua
Apr 02, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

This book is a breath of fresh air. It is so good that I really don't know where to start writing a review. Alex is the perfect match for Mia, an introverted girl who happens to run anonymously a book blog for Romance readers. Alex, instead, has always dreamt of publishing a book and when his sister suggests he should write romance novels then the situation gets really complicated. So he decides to write using a pen name (it will obviously be a woman's name) and his books become a success. But t
--Roxx-- • A Hopeless Romantic •
I just, wow, this one blew me away!! I am thinking I make a new Top Favorite book list just to add it!

I just want to leave a small quote here that I felt speaks for the whole book:
"I want to turn her pages and read her truth, savoring every word. I want to be the one who gets to read the secret parts, the chapters she only shows with great trust. And when I’m finished, I won’t shelve her."

I true Mia style - face plants in awe jajajaja
Sahitya
I would have loved to give it more but I guess it’s like a 3.75 and I’m rounding it up to 4.

I just totally stumbled upon this book because someone on my GR feed added it to their shelf and the title immediately caught my attention. We all romance lovers love our book boyfriends, so I really wanted to know what this story was going to be about and it definitely didn’t disappoint.

This book has the perfect protagonists on first glance - it’s almost like they’ve been written
Alaina
Mostly read this book because of the title. Who doesn't have a book boyfriend? Girlfriend? Don't lie, we all have one.

Book Boyfriend was adorable. It was also hot af with all the smut throw my way. In it, you will meet Mia and Alex. Alex is a writer, #dreamjob, but he has a girls pen name. There was some bullshit about how romance books written by females are bought more than if they were written by a male. No idea if that is actually correct or not.. but hey, if the romance is good - I don't care/>Book
J.A. DeRouen
Oct 01, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Book Boyfriend was the sweetest, sexiest rom-com movie, playing out right on my kindle. The romance author/book blogger connection was so clever. Being part of the indie book world, we “meet” people online daily and forge long lasting friendships although we’ve never met in person. What if one of our online book besties was our Prince Charming??? I loved every minute of Alex and Mia’s story and I can’t wait to read more from the amazing Claire Kingsley! FIVE STARS!
Fly FreeBird
O.M.G, I FREAKING loved this book!! All I can say is my GOD what an amazing read.😅
Monique
4 'cheesy and funny' stars

I don’t know what to say about this book. It's corny, it's romantic, it's sweet. It has one or two very hot scenes. However, on the other hand, it's completely unbelievable, ridiculous and silly. But I liked it, I liked it very much actually. It is exactly the kind of book you want to read when you have a bad day (or rather a bad week in my case).

Everything about this story is cute. I usually can't stand those way too clumsy heroines who stumble on every sing
Brandi
I'm mad at myself. I'm mad because I have NEVER read a Claire Kingsley book before now. Why haven't I read a Claire Kingsley book prior to this one?! Why didn't anyone tell me!

Anyway, Alex is a writer. He's stuck in a book rut and can't seem to get his story off the ground.
Kendra, Alex's sister, is an editor. She's been staring at her brother's sci-fi story for years. She suggests he move in a different direction with his writing. As hesitant as he is to do so, he takes her advice a
Steph's Romance Book Talk
5 Stars / 4 Steam Fans

Alex is a secret romance writer, writing under a female pen name. Mia is a book blogger that also has two personas. They meet, they date, secrets are revealed, feelings are hurt, and love is found. I laughed out loud throughout this book and I really enjoyed the witty banter between Alex and Mia. As a romance reader I found so much of the story very relatable. I look forward to reading the other books in this series of standalone books.

This specific video review will be inclu
Mellie Antoinette
Jul 19, 2019 rated it liked it
Devourable with hints of the cliched, I’m telling you the exact story I know you want to hear! Takes a good writer to do that well!
Sara➽ Ink Is My Sword
May 13, 2018 marked it as to-read
Excuse me? Why hadn't heard from this book before? IT SOUNDS LIKE THE FORMULA FOR AN AWESOME COMEDIC ROMANCE BOOK. plus a book fantasy I have
book bruin
Jan 29, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Audiobook Review

Overall 4.5 stars
Performance 4.5 stars
Story 4.5 stars

This was such a cute and sweet romcom! I loved the premise and idea behind the story and it was a great twist to the traditional romantic comedy. This story within a story hooked me from the start and I loved seeing how everything began and unfolded between Alex and Mia. Yes, mistakes are made along the way, but given the history of our characters, it made sense (even if readers/listeners may

• The Brotherhood (Blood Moon, #2)
  • The Secrets of a Courtesan (The Brides of Fortune #0.5)
  • Let It Go
  • Mistress: Hired for the Billionaire's Pleasure (Hired: For the Boss's Pleasure, #3)
  • Beautiful Trash (Scarlet Briar Series #1)
  • Virgin for the Woodsman (The Woodsman, #2)
  • Alpha Bodyguard
  • Engaging Mr. Darcy (An Austen Inspired Romantic Comedy)
  • Open Heart (Open Skies #4)
  • The Cowboy's Pride and Joy
  • Lady of Valor (Warrior, #3)
  • Heart Strings: The Devon Stone Prequel (The Lust List: Miles Riot #1)
  • The Edge of Forever
  • Game of Hearts (Fandom Hearts, #3)
  • Escape to Willow Cottage
  • High Risk Love (The Risk Series, #1)
  • Paradox
  • Some Girls Do It: Limited Edition Boxset (Some Girls Do It, #2-4)
Claire Kingsley is an Amazon Top 10 bestselling author of sexy, heartfelt contemporary romance and romantic comedies. Add Claire's next releases to your TBR today!

TBA A Hot Romantic Comedy (Dirty Martini Running Club #2) by Claire Kingsley TBA New Family Series (Bailey Brothers #1) by Claire Kingsley

Newsletter: http://bit.ly/2KGU26b
Amazon: https://amzn.to/2ZhZMXX
Instagram: http://bit.ly/2YP4IUZ
Facebook: http://bit.ly/2EuPkVi

RECENT WORKS BY CLAIREhttp://bit.ly/2EuPkVi

Book Boyfriends (3 books)
  • Cocky Roommate (Book Boyfriends, #2)
  • Hot Single Dad (Book Boyfriends, #3)
“So online, I’m Bookworm Babe, or BB for short. Despite what my sister says about romance novels (she views them with a high level of disdain), I’ve always loved them. There’s simply nothing that beats getting lost in another version of reality. The heady rush of passion when two would-be lovers meet, the swirl of emotions in a fledgling relationship—I’m addicted to that shit. I lose sleep over” 4 likes
“I’m struck by the fact that he doesn’t seem put off by what I read. I’m so used to people scoffing at me when they find out what kinds of books I love—as if reading romance means I’m not a serious reader, because it isn’t real literature. But I don’t get that vibe from him at all.” 4 likes