Start by marking “Hard Wood (The Ash Brothers, #1)” as Want to Read:
Hard Wood (The Ash Brothers, #1)

Hard Wood

(The Ash Brothers #1)

3.67  ·  Rating details ·  509 Ratings  ·  120 Reviews
The Dirty Bits from Carina Press give you what you want, when you want it. Designed to be read in an hour or two, these sex-filled microromances are guaranteed to pack a punch and deliver a happily-ever-after.

A new supersexy insta-love novella from USA TODAY bestselling author Jenika Snow that has a gruff lumberjack yelling T-I-M-B-E-R for the woman he’s been waiting for.

T
Kindle Edition, 1st edition, 73 pages
Published March 19th 2018 by Carina Press

To ask other readers questions about Hard Wood, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Hard Wood

Cristina | CristiinaReads
Mar 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-books
Jenika Snow knows how to interact a reader with the world of smut, passion, and finding the ideal soul-mate that can heal, provide the expense of ones cravings, and the find your inner companion for life in the first book of these lumberjack hotties of an upcoming series...

➳Two characters, instant attraction and an instant connection towards love and affection... That's what Jenika has to provide in this filthy, down-to-earth romance that includes an three alpha males that will make you drool
♡Tonya♡
It's Live!

Jenika Snow brings some lumber jack loving in the first book of the Ash Brothers Series. It was packed with instalove and plenty of steam. Although this kind of storyline is one of my least favorite (dead ex), I did like Noah and Mia.

HERO~ Noah, having lost his ex years prior, made himself into a loner. He worked hard for the family business, keeping himself focused. One glimpse of Mia and he slipped into that "mine" mentality.

HEROINE~ Mia, wanting to get away from city livin
1-Click Addict Support Group
Mar 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Sizzling hot…

“The Ash Brothers – they know how to handle their wood.”

And do they ever! With lumberjacks who make flannel sexier than ever, this novella is a HOT read. Sizzling. Burning. A make you blush, love it from beginning to end, kind of read. If that isn’t enough – and really, it is – there is also warmth. And humour. And family, as Noah’s brothers are beside him every step of the way, giving him a hard time (in an entirely different way of course!).

“Everything we had done together had
Carvanz

Mia just moved from the city and is settling into life surrounded by the woods and beauty of nature. When she first sees Noah she is immediately attracted to him. During a hike she hears a repetitive noise and follows it. What she finds was much more than she could have ever imagined.

Noah is living a life free of women and entanglements of any kind. He learned his lesson the hard way and doesn’t forsee things changing for him. Until he sees Mia and suddenly she’s all he can think about. After a
Auntee
If this was longer and more developed it would be one smokin' hot book.
But at this length it was just a tease...:(
4 stars
♥ WishfulMiss ♥
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: insta-love, safe, arc
Mia moved away from the city to start fresh in a small town, where the pace of life is much slower and where you can actually go outside and enjoy the fresh air. Moving in and starting a new job has her pretty busy and dating/guys are the last thing on her mind. Until she clasps eyes on Noah Ash, he's something straight out one of her fantasies. All of a sudden Mia finds herself distracted by the man and with no intention of stopping.

Noah and his two brothers own and run the lumber company in t
Jenny
Mar 17, 2018 added it
Note to self: no pregnancy in the epilogue!
Vivi Chatzikiriakou
"Hard Wood, as a quickie it is, promises an earth shattering stimulation that last until the final word of the story settles down. No other words needing!"

Book rates: 3+stars
Plot: 3stars
Characters: 3starts
Writing: 3+stars
Pacing: 3+stars
Cover: 4stars

"I received a complimentary copy of this book and have volunteered to leave a review."

The first word that came into my mind after I finish reading Hard Wood is great stimulation. Hard Wood is the first book I read by Jenika Snow and I have to say th
Joelle
Lets start of saying that this story started off with a bang and a sizzle.This was one of those instant attraction instant love stories.Noah and Mia are instantly attracted to one another and the sexual fantasies they are having with one another are super super hot!

Noah has been hurt by a lover in the past an has been withdrawn and keeps to himself but, spotting Mia something has awaken in him after a very long time when things have pretty much been dormant.Mia on the other hand has been struggl
Maria Rose
Steamy little 'sex filled micro romance' as Carina promises with their new line. Mia and Noah have that insta-lust 'gotta have you' experience on first making eye contact and indulge in their passion soon enough. A small amount of world building to set the stage, and Noah's got 2 brothers whom I'm sure we'll see in future stories. It's what I expected in picking this one up, and I'm pleased with the result. I'll be looking to read more from this author. 3.5 stars.

A copy of this story was provid
Janice Somers
This novella is short, sweet and devoured it in a short time.
Noah and his brothers inherited the business of Ash Lumber from their dad and grandfather. The brothers run the business now. They worked along side the hired lumberjacks and got their hands just as dirty.
Mia left the big city for the little town of Rockbridge, Colorado. She needed the open scenic views and the evergreens and aspens were plentiful. She now works for a small real estate company, as an executive accountant(number pusher
Alba M.
Aug 26, 2018 rated it it was ok
Con esta autora me pasa siempre lo mismo. Su forma de escribir y la estructura de sus historias son completamente parecidas a las de Alexa Riley. Es por eso que cuando llegó al final y no tiene el final como los de Alexa me quedo decepcionada. Sí, se que suena estupido pero creo que no es culpa mía, creo que es porque la autora hace las cosas tan parecidas a los de la otra que yo solo estoy esperando lo mismo y no lo hay y me quedo en plan: pues vaya mierda.
Jajaja aún así son libros que disfruta
M.K.
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Ash and Mia were sooo hot! I loved this quick and dirty read. I know it was supposed to be a short read but I found myself wanting more, not that it detracted from the story! A must read!
Heather C
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, march-2018
Whew....this baby is one deliciously hot novella that had me panting and dying for more. I can't even write anything else before I just get off my chest just how hot the deck scene is. Once you read it, you'll know.

Mia has just recently moved to a small town. She was desperate to get out of the city life and to get some sense of calm. She isn't looking for anything other than the serenity that nature has to offer but one look at Noah Ash and she knows she's a goner. There's something about this
♥️Fantasy Land Blog Book Reviewer♥️
I loved this sweet story about the lumberjack and the new girl in town.

Noah is the third owner of a lumber business that he shares with his brothers. He loves the outdoors and the country. He tried the city life years before and it didn't go well. So he decides unless he finds the perfect woman he will just stay by himself.

Mia is the new girl in town. She is ready for the quiet life. So she moves to town and meets Noah. The sparks go off right away. These two have a chemistry that flies off th
Tanja Kezmic
Mar 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: omgreads
Who doesn’t love decant, hot lumberjack who's a little lost and a loner, but then finds a woman to help him start living again. Got to say I loved Noah and Mia and the way their relationship developed. This is really a quick read but it still give you enough HOT to blush and enough sweet moment to swoon.

»Yeah, no way I was letting her go. She was meant to be in my life. It had just taken 10 years for it to happen. »

And now I find myself siting on the edge of my seat willing to see what will hap
Jessica
Apr 16, 2018 rated it liked it
Great start to a seriously HOT series about 3 Lumberjack Brothers!! If Noah Ash is this sexy, I can’t wait to read Johnny and Liam’s stories.

Noah had isolated himself from the world, outside of his brothers and work, for nearly a decade. Love and the comfort of a woman were ideas he’d written off. Out of nowhere Mia walks into his life (or into a diner) and everything shifts. I love that their attraction was instant and it was so very mutual!

There is so much more to this story but because it’s
Macaela Conder
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I didn't really worry about Noah's past. I could tell he felt a lot more for Mia. This was HOT. I am always a fan of the insta
Flo Grugel
Mar 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Quick and Dirty! Can't wait for more of these smokin hot Ash Brothers!
Donna Repsher
May 08, 2018 rated it liked it
I'd been hearing a lot about The Dirty Bits line of short, erotic fiction from Carina Press, and thought I'd give the new imprint a try when I saw the availability of an advanced reader copy of this novella and requested it. I'd also heard a lot of good things about the author, Jenika Snow, and since I'd not read any of her books before, this seemed like a good way to give her books a try, and after reading Hard Wood, I'm not sure this was the best introduction to her work, as I can only give it ...more
Brianna at Renee Entress's Blog
5 Stars!

Jenika Snow is quite the bedtime storyteller and she never, ever disappoints. Sexy. Easy. Safe. Quick. Insta-everything. Hard Wood is the first standalone novella in the Ash Brothers series and you do not want to miss it and bonus, there are more brothers to come in the near future.

When they first lock eyes with each other, it's a moment that changes everything forever. She stirs up something deep inside of him that hasn't been touched in a long time. He makes her want things. Mia and No
Bellereader
Apr 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Mia and Noah have undeniable chemistry that is setting each other ablaze. Mia wanted to get away from the rat race and find some peace in the quiet mountain town that she has chosen to settle down in. She's been acclimating well but she admits it has been a little lonely. When the normal view outside her office window is interrupted by the world’s sexiest Paul Bunyan, Mia’s heart and body both hum with pleasure. Noah is a man with sad and deep past that keeps to himself in the woods, but what Mi ...more
Renee Entress from Renee Entress's Blog
5 star

I was pulled right into this short story. The story has laughs, heat, naughty fun, and love.

This is Mia and Noah’s story. He keeps to himself. He had his heart broken before and does not want a repeat. But one look at Mia will change everything. He wants her and can picture her with him. But can he get her to see the picture he has of them and want it too? She all soft and sweet and he’s all hard. Can these two make it work? All the inst-love in there in the story you expect and also all
A Hopeless Romantic's Booklandia
I’ve loved the Dirty Bits line and I’ve read and enjoyed one of Ms. Snow’s books, so when I saw Hard Wood, it was a no brainer that I wanted to read it! I didn’t get into it immediately, but once Noah and Mia met, I was all in. Hard Wood was awesome and I absolutely cannot wait to read more of The Ash Brothers!

I have to be honest, I loved Mia, she’s great and sweet and just an all-around lovely heroine, but it was really Noah that stole the show for me. That man is one serious, rugged, possessi
Kristie
Really cute introduction to the Ash Brothers. I love the fast pace, the instant infatuation and the hot and steamy action. The intense attraction and the really over the top Alpha male thing Noah has going on was fun to read. I think I like this story because it's so short, otherwise everything Noah did would annoy me. I like that the fact that Mia was so independent. It was a fun little book to read.

ARC received via NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
Sandie Grise
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a quick steamy mini read...
While Ms. Snow writes a hot steamy novella, I felt that the sexual tension and the fantasies were better than when our two characters actually came together. I felt that there was something amiss in the short story as we don't get to see the characters truly develop into a couple.

I received this book as an ARC through Netgalley and this is my personal opinion of what I've read.
Heather andrews
Feb 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Noah tries to be a considerate man, “even though it would be hot as eff, I’m not going to take you up against the wall.” The air left me at his words." Noah doesn't give a fiddler's fart what other people think, “hey, you,” she said and smiled at me wider. I pulled her in close, not giving a **** who watched or how they scolded me about the PDA." I liked this book, I loved Noah.
Ryan - Sweet Red Reader
Mar 02, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc-love, netgalley
While Hard Wood had the instalove that I’ve come to know and enjoy from Jenika Snow, it had a bit more heart than some of the previous Dirty Bits books and I’m all for it! Mia and Noah were such a sweet couple and the chemistry between them was combustible. I really look forward to reading about Noah’s brothers soon! 4 out of 5 wine glasses.
Rhonda
Mar 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
The first book in a short series from Jenika Snow is good. I loved Noah and Mia's story. IT's hot, it's sweet and it's instant love. This was a short read and I really enjoyed it. Can't wait to read the other 2 brothers stories now.
Jenika Snow is a USA Today Bestselling Author, and has been a published writer since 2009.

She can be found at:

www.jenikasnow.com
FB: www.facebook.com/jenikasnow
Twitter: twitter.com/jenikasnow
Email: Jenika_Snow@yahoo.com

The Ash Brothers (3 books)
  • Knock on Wood (The Ash Brothers, #2)
  • Touch Wood (The Ash Brothers, 3)