Start by marking “Jade (Kings of Guardian #9)” as Want to Read:
Jade (Kings of Guardian #9)

Jade

(Kings of Guardian #9)

Jade King lives life at full speed. After over a year undercover for the DEA, she’s back in play and wants what any hot-blooded woman who’s gone a year without sex would want: an alpha bad boy who is convenient, delicious and disposable. A fun one-night stand, multiple orgasms, and absolutely no strings attached. Right? If only.

Nicolas DeMarco has a library stocked with l
Kindle Edition
Published November 21st 2017 by KMRW LLC

To ask other readers questions about Jade, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Jade

Khurram
Nov 20, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received and ARC copy of this book in exchange for an honest review. I have not connection to Kris Michaels.

She got me. Jade has been whispered about a line here and there in each book. When the take not crap matriarch of the King family "chooses her battles with that one", and her uber macho brothers, speak her name in the same kind of awe they reserve for their oldest a (and in my opinion deadliest brother) Joseph (who has admitted to being out drunk by Jade). It pains a picture of danger an
Island Girl Romance Reads
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow!! I’m a huge Kris Michaels fan and love all her books. But Jade is my favorite of this series so far. And I have to confess that I was a tiny bit on the fence about Jade, her being an Alpha-Female, but Kris proved me wrong.
She was Kick*ss and it was awesome.
Nic was the perfect man for her. Loved that he understood who she was and that she was her equal in every way.
Highly recommend this series. It’s just awesome!!
Thank you Kris, for this amazing book.
Liv
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I just adored Jade & Nic's story ... although I cried buckets !!!!!!!! we all knew that Jade King was going to be a firecracker and she was never going to have an easy story, combine Jade with Nic and you get a WOW story!!.

Kris Michaels, took on the challenge of a character that everyone was waiting for and did her story so much justice that I can't recommend it highly enough.

As we have come to expect from this fabulous author, Jade is expertly written, with lots of snark & wit.. be pr
Aj
May 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I really liked this one I don't yet know why. It's edging how I felt about Jared's book. It felt like a come full circle type book - a real slow burner. It was the second saddest story of the lot following Christian's. I want to know more about the sibling feud between Nic and Carmine. I mean what could really drive such as big wedge between such a tiny and seemingly close family?
I like that Jade's character grew but not in a drastic and unnatural way.

Cons
I needed closure for the the whole Triad
Trish Buhler
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jade is a huge must read. Just like all Kris Michaels books this is an absolute read. From the very first page to the last you are on the edge of your seat and cheering Jade and Nic on. This is a powerful book with two strong and amazing characters that take you on a world wind of emotions. I for one have Jade in my re-read list as all of the other Kings of Guardians by Kris Michaels.
Deb B
Dec 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
honestly, this book, as every other i have read by this author was absolutely brilliant reading. loved every word and everything about it. Kris Michaels definitely hits as one my top ten fave authors
BookGirlVlP
Jan 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I Can Not Get Enough of This Series!

Another fanrastic addition to this series. Packed with tons of emotion, twists and turns, Jade did what all of the other Guardian novels have done; make me want to be a part of the Guardian world. Love it!
Samm Lynn
Dec 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
There are no words strong enough to describe Jade, she is like getting sucked into an F-5 tornado from which there is no escape - just strap in and enjoy the ride (so, I suggest that you start reading early in the day because you will not want to put this book down).

After Jewell's story, I really didn't care for Nic and didn't want to see him get another chance at a King lady. BUT Kris Michaels really knows how to write. With a few interactions with family members, an overachieving work ethic, a
Jaclyn Lavigne
Nov 12, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely loved Jade, by far my favorite Guardian book. Jade is who I secretly wish I could be like: strong, beautiful, butt kicking, speak her mind, mouth like a sailor kind of woman. When you add in the infamous Nic DeMarco (who really needed to redeem himself after Jewell) and you get lots of chemistry and fireworks. I loved the two of them together and you just have to root for them when you begin to realize how much Nic had changed. Jade picks up where Jewell left off--Guardian going in ...more
Diane
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: will-re-read
I know I say this after every book in this series, but man, this series just gets better and better with each Guardian and King sibling's story.

This is Jade's...she's tough, sexy, sassy, irreverent, independent and can hold her own when it comes to her protective, domineering brothers. And Nic. The one and only man who's ever been able to disintegrate her full body armor.

I loved all the feels, love and loyalty and loss. Jade made me laugh out loud, and Nic ticked me off. I admired Jade for her d
Stacy Gragg
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The best Guardian book in the series!

Five stars is not enough for Jade! Kris Michaels out did herself with Jade and Nic.
From the first page til the last it grabs and sucks you in. Jade King is a bad@ss and one hell of a woman, I want to be her when I grow up.
So after a year of undercover work Jade King is free and back at Guardian Headquarters. Catching up with all the new news that she has missed during her year she cuts lose gets a little drunk and gets personally involved with Nicholas DeMa
Merle
Nov 21, 2017 rated it really liked it
Another home run for Kris Michaels, this time bringing Jade home from her year-long undercover assignment. When she comes home and explodes onto the domestic scene, all bets are off and Jade is Jade again. She has been deprived of the ability to satisfy various needs while she has been away and she sets about to take care of that.

She meets up with a little domestic intrigue in the headquarters office and dispatches that with flair. She meets up with Nic DiMarco too and, well.....

They spar and fi
Mags
4.5☆

This was a really enjoyable and at times gripping read. That drew me in from the start and held my attention throughout.

With pockets of action and suspense. As well as great characters. Including Jade, who I loved. Mainly because she was such a sassy, fun, foul mouthed, and kick ass heroine. Who made me laugh, didn't take any crap and most importantly never apologised for being who she was. Which was refreshing and great to read. As for Nick, the hero of this story. I definitely thought he
Kita
Feb 06, 2018 rated it really liked it
Love the Guardians

Jade is a deadly woman with no filter and an exuberance for life. She is genuinely happy for those she considers family. However she doesn't believe in happy ever after for herself. She believes in happy for a night because she doesn't let anyone get close enough to her, even her family. Nic was a manwhore but realized he was missing something when he thought he found the right woman only to have her fall for someone else. In the midst of these thoughts and reflections his fami
Rhonda Beard
May 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This entire series has gotten better and better with each character. I was a bit nervous going into Jade because she has been built up as this bad ass bitch and some authors can write this type of character well where you love them completely and some over do it where you feel like what did I just read. I can definitely say the latter did not hold true on this book. Jade was 100% a bad ass but she had a side she wouldn’t show anyone... Nico on the other hand has come across awful in previous boo ...more
Melanie Marnell
Jun 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
His Perfect Woman

Whew, Nic and Jade together....gasoline meet fire! I love Jade because she is sassy, irreverent, skilled and lusty. Yet, underneath it all she's vulnerable. As much as she denies her attraction to Nic she can't seem to leave him alone. Nic DeMarco...what's not to like? He's successful, talented and on the cusp of a life change. Jade barging back into his life brings everything into focus. She is his ideal woman. Now, selling her on that point may take all his considerable skill
Judith Fletcher
Nov 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jade and Nic

Another spellbinding story from Kris Michaels. I don't know how she dose it, these books are wonderful and have so much life, death action but also friendships, love and hope.
After Nic lucked out on building something with Jewel he now meets up with Jade who has been working undercover for over a year. And boy do sparks fly. The relationship between them is hot out and in the bedroom, and that's not the only action. Again this is a must read whether you read it as a stand alone or a
Debra
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Fantastic Novel!

I loved the twists and turns in the story! Jade and Nick were made for each other -both players with allergies to commitment! This book has it all: abandonment issues, love of family, humor, depression, death, and most of all LOVE. In each other, Jade and Nick find someone who will walk beside, not in front or behind, a safe place to be sheltered from the world, and someone who can kick ass and take names! I look forward to reading the next book in the series, whoever’s turn it m
Phantasmagoric
Dec 10, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Excellent book. I liked Jade she didn't care what anyone else thought about her yet was considerate enough to understand her rash thoughts could hurt others,so keeps silent.

The book hurtles along at breakneck speed and I did feel a connection for both characters and could understand their attraction to each other. Nico becomes accessible as we understand his upbringing and I liked him more forgot. I loved his mum and her legalistic speak and outlook.

The ending was romantic and unexpected and I j
Shelly Roke
Jan 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Wild Child meets her match

Rescued from a DEA undercover op,where Vista had outed her. Then, given the job off protecting a Judge under death threat. A Judge that happens to be the mother of COO Nicholas DeMarco. He and Jade had a one-nighter that hasn't cooled. But the case his mother is hearing is going to heat up Washington D.C.. Death threats, bombs, drive -by shootings and family. What a mix.
Lacey
Dec 01, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: security
I almost stopped reading at around 7% because I hated Jade so much. A woman can be strong, independent, and live a carefree life without being obnoxious and crude. I continued on because I loved all the rest of the books in this series so much that I hated to give up on this one. Anyway, I’m glad I kept with it because as the story went on, Jade got better and I really enjoyed her and Nic’s story. I really hope this isn’t the last book in the series.
Edith Torres
Oct 01, 2018 rated it really liked it
Best One Yet!

This series takes on one family and their significant contribution to keep the world safe. Guardian Security has Kings. A whole family who work behind the scenes and through political quagmire to take on the underworld. Worldwide. Jade is one King that is above the others in that she can take on all the King men, even Joseph. Her story isn't about the princess needing rescue. No, she rescues, she protects, she is the lone she-wolf.
Cheri Arellano
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Wow what a great book

This series just keeps getting better and better. A strong heroine a hot tough guy who realizes,,she is strong and capable .This book made me laugh,cry,so I couldn't put this book down. This book has it all love,strife,hot steamy sex,loss and redemption. This is definitely a must read it won't let you down. I can't wait for the next one. The guardians ! Are always there to protect and save.
Deidre
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Again and again Kris Michaels does it again. Another fantastic story of the Guardians. Jade's is filled with so much, well, everything. I felt everything right along with the characters. All the emotions stirring within this novel where more than expected and that is always a good thing. Kris Michaels has done it again!!!!!
Nancy Haitsuka
Jan 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Jade and Nic

After the last book, Nic wasn’t looking too good. In fact, he was pretty much hated and thought to be a jerk when he tried coming between Zane and Jewel.

Well, Nic finally starts coming into his own with Jade. She can kick his @ss and pretty much match him in every way.

This book was definitely worth waiting for and now the only hard part is waiting for Anubis
Carol Perez
Nov 25, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Not Surprised!

This book is just as good if not better than the others in this series. I have yet to be disappointed with any book I read from Kris Michaels. I highly recommend you pour yourself a glass of wine and curl up on the couch or bed and start reading. Just make sure you've finished your chores because you won't want to put the book down. Happy Reading.
D. Harley Jean
Nov 21, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another awesome book

This is a great series-I’ve really enjoyed each book. I was disappointed that the “whole” King family wasn’t as “involved” in this story as previous books; however, it didn’t detract from overall story. Her prior series/books aren’t much in my interest (M/M romance), but the Guardian books should have something for everyone.
Virginie
Nov 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm in love!

I so love Jade. I have a serious girl crush on her! It was awsome. Kris Michaels did an amazing job with these two. I started the book upset with Nic and his behavior in the last book. Now I love him.
It was one of my favorite of the serie. The plot is great and the writing is amazing!
I highly recommend all the serie
Heather
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I love Jade

I seriously want to know how Kris manages to outdo herself each book! Jade is kick ads take no prisoners yet Nic is her perfect balance! Their story is faced with major hardships, but they manage to love each other harder and pull through. I can't wait for the next book in the series!
Terry Kemmitz
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Jade

Another great book in Kris Michaels Kings of Guardian series! I so want to be Jade when I grow up! She’s got skills, she’s strong, she’s funny and she has a lot heart (although she will deny it). I laughed prayed and cried! Nic is just the man for Jade as he doesn’t want to tame her, it loves her for who she is!
« previous 1 3 next »

• Tattooed & Taken (Special Operations, #2)
  • The Nerd and the Marine (The Morrison Family, #1)
  • Protecting Dakota (SEAL of Protection #9; Sleeper SEALs #1)
  • Ties that Bind (Men of Honor #3)
  • His Ex's Little Sister (Insta-Love on the Run #1; Dangerous Encounters #10)
  • The Hail You Say (Hail Raisers #5)
  • Fast Kill (DEA FAST, #2)
  • Protecting Teagan (SEAL Team Phantom, #5; Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • The Marine's E-Mail Order Bride (The Heroes of Chance Creek, #3)
  • Embattled Minds (Lost and Found, #2)
  • Hot Protector (Hostile Operations Team, #9)
USA Today and Amazon Bestselling Author, Kris Michaels is the alter ego of a happily married wife and mother. She writes romance, usually with characters from military and law enforcement backgrounds.

Kris was born and raised in South Dakota. She graduated many years ago from a high school class consisting of 13 students (yes that is thirteen, eleven girls and two boys...lucky boys). She joined th

Kings of Guardian (1 - 10 of 13 books)
  • Jacob (Kings of Guardian, #1)
  • Joseph (Kings of Guardian #2)
  • Adam (Kings of Guardian, #3)
  • Jason (Kings of Guardian #4)
  • Jared (Kings of Guardian #5)
  • Jasmine (Kings of Guardian #6)
  • Chief (Kings of Guardian, #7)
  • Jewell (Kings of Guardian #8)
  • Justin (The Kings of Guardian Book 10)
  • Drake (The Kings of Guardian, #11)
“Been there, done that and got the condescension t-shirt. "The” 0 likes