Start by marking “Der Zorn der Gerechten (Scythe, #2)” as Want to Read:
Der Zorn der Gerechten (Scythe, #2)

Der Zorn der Gerechten

(Arc of a Scythe #2)

4.53  ·  Rating details ·  24,444 ratings  ·  4,886 reviews
ACE #1

Citra hat es geschafft.
Sie wurde auserwählt und als Scythe entscheidet sie jetzt, wer leben darf und wer sterben muss.

Doch als wenn das nicht schon schwer genug wäre, übernehmen skrupellose Scythe die Macht und stellen neue Regeln auf. Die wichtigste Regel lautet, dass es ab jetzt keine Regeln mehr gibt.

So beginnt Citras Kampf für Gerechtigkeit.
Ein Kampf, den sie
Published March 24th 2018 by Fischer Sauerländer (first published January 9th 2018)

To ask other readers questions about Der Zorn der Gerechten, please sign up.

Emma Giordano
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobooks
Edit 4/7 - After raving about this book for a video review (which you can find here: https://youtu.be/diBtmttjbSs), I decided to raise my rating to 5 stars. Despite that I didn't enjoy Thunderhead EXACTLY as much as Scythe, I feel the book itself is nearly flawless and one of the greatest YA books on the market. This story is too well-written for me to be comfortable giving it any less of a rating.

A very satisfying sequel!! I didn’t enjoy Thunderhead AS MUCH as Scythe (It is a TOUGH book to foll
Melissa ♥ Dog/Wolf Lover ♥ Martin

"Scythe Johannes Brahms, you are accused of abusing your position and multiple crimes against humanity."
"How dare you!" Brahms gasped. "Who are you to accuse me?" He struggled, trying to rally strength, but it was no use. The painkillers that were in his system were filling his responses. His muscles were weak and useless to him now.
"I think you know who I am," the young man said. "Let me hear you say it."
"I will not!" Brahms said, determined not to give him the satisfaction. But the boy in
Emily (Books with Emily Fox)
That cliffhanger though...

Solid read! I liked it more than the first book. If you like political intrigues, you will love this!
Matthew
Feb 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Everyone who read the first book and loved it!
5+ Stars – EXCELLENT!

Update 12/5/2018 - Should have won the 2018 Goodreads Choice Awards YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy Category! In my heart, it is the winner!

First of all – that cover . . . beautiful! It is one of my favorite covers of the past few years. An improvement on the cover of the first book – and that cover was pretty awesome, too. This cover makes you want to read this book even if you have no idea what the book is about. In this case you can judge a book by its cover!

A fantastic continuation of
❄️Nani❄️
Second time reading and that ending!!!

Still worth every stars.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

First read: 26/4/18

Hot damn. That ending.

Shit absolutely and unequivocally just hit the fan but... no worries. It’s only a year right?

The cruelty...

I pondered for days over how to rate this (needlessly it seems) because I finally came to my senses.
There’s nothing to overthink here because I am so fucking speechless that I don’t know how I could give this anything less than what it deserves.

NS is. A.
Korrina  (OwlCrate)
I am dead! This book killed me!! That ending!! Dead. All I will say is that this is becoming one of my absolute favourite series ever. The wait for the next book is going to be brutal.
Heather
Holy freaking crap this was amazing. So many twists and turns and so thought provoking! So amazingly good!
jessica
Aug 24, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
its 2018, so can we just go ahead and put forth a movement that says cliffhangers qualify as cruel and unusual punishment!? i mean, i will start a petition and everything. whos with me??? because there is no way the ending to this should be legal. its the very essence of torture.

okay. now that i got that out of my system, lets talk about everything other than the last 30 pages. im pretty sure i am in the minority when i say that i didnt think this was better than scythe, but i didnt think it wa
Helen 2.0
Without context, the word Thunderhead could mean a variety of things; for instance, it sounds like it it might be:
-the newest Scandinavian metal band
-a kind of migraine
-something you may overhear a group of college boys bragging about on the subway
-a pagan shrine to Thor

But stupid jokes aside, in Neal Shusterman's world Thunderhead is the ultimate cloud collection of human knowledge, given consciousness and the task of governing Earth. It is a benevolent ruler, having eradicated death, disease,
Warda
May 19, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
SCHUSTERMAN, I NEED ANSWERS! HOW DARE YOU LEAVE US IN A STATE OF ABSOLUTE DISARRAY?!

My mind! What does this all mean? How will everything be resolved in the third book?!

I thought I could review this, but I can't really. So just pick up this series, I implore you.

Book one obliterated me.
This book will probably finish me.

Edit: 30 minutes later and now I have the book in my hands. 🤩

—————————

I’m not even halfway through Scythe and I just ordered the sequel because the book is tha
may ❀
IM GOING TO BE SCREAMING FOR THE NEXT 19 HOURS

WHAT
JUST
HAPPENED

wowowowoowow, okay my dudes, lets get this straight, if you loved book 1, READ THIS RIGHT NOW. if you hated book 1, READ THIS RIGHT NOW.

This. Was. Everything. That. Book. 1. Wasn't.

im actually so amazed, like the characters, the development, THE PLOT TWISTS. THE REALIZATIONS, it was ALL SO. GOOD.

i don't even have words beyond WHERE IS BOOK 3

this is going to be me @ anything related to this book for the rest of the decade
C.G. Drews
Okay so WOW this was intense and full of plot twists and politics and muRDeR. I mean it is literally a series about a (nearly) utopian world with ordained murders so. I love that and it's also terrifying! This book though! I am a little dazed by tHAT EnDING.

Me: This book looks nice.
Me: The ending looks like it'll wrap up quite nicely with--
Book: [smASHES me in the face with a cliffhanger]

I don't !! even know what to think while I wait for book #3!! AHHHH.

+ The actual plot of this one is kind of
Christina - Traveling Sister
5 MILLION, Shusterman revived me only to slay me again stars!!!

Full review featured on my blog Recipe & a Read!

So if you'll recall for my review of Scythe (book one in this series) Shusterman did a bang up job of literally slaying me with his sheer genius. Well folks, he's done it again - only this time the magnificence of this story literally revived me heart and soul only to kill me once again. You may be asking yourselves: Christina, you're saying this book literally killed you - can that
April
Mar 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
And always with those jaw dropping cliff hangers🙌
Ishmeen
Sep 19, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
If I use the term shook like I usually do to describe what I’m feeling right now, it would seriously be an understatement for this book. I loved every. single. page. and I am so glad that it loved up to my expectations of being just as great as Scythe which was one of my favourite reads of 2017 ❤

I used to think that I wasn't really into dystopia anymore but I reckon it's Neal Shusterman's mind blowing writing style that has made me fall in love with this world! Also can we please come up with
Iryna *Book and Sword*
4.5/5 stars (rounded down) - now if only Goodreads would introduce half star ratings, then I wouldn't have to go breaking mathematical rules to round down, when I am clearly supposed to be rounding up!

“An arrogant head of state gives permission to all nature of hate as long as it feeds his ambition. And the unfortunate truth is, people devour it. Society gorges itself, and rots. Permission is the bloated corpse of freedom.”

I think I've found another favorite author. I had a feeling after I've re
Sh3lly (grumpybookgrrrl.com)

Just kidding! Everyone gets a cape robe in this. Some scythes are even blinging up theirs to show they support a new order of scything....

...throwing morals to the wind and murdering gleaning people however and whenever they please.

Rowan has gone rogue and Citra is adjusting to her first year as an official scythe. A new character named Greyson is introduced and I really liked him.

The Thunderhead has become much more of a character. He's the super-advanced artificial intelligence who takes care
Whispering Stories
Book Reviewed by Nia on www.whisperingstories.com

I’m so glad that I read this book directly after the first in the series, I was still very much in the zone and this book was absolute perfection.

I felt that Scythe, the first book, was a little slow in the action and pacing department but it turns out that it was all about setting things up for this book – the politics we were introduced to have now taken a dark turn, we learn more about the Thunderhead and its origins, and Citra and Rowan are no
Jillian Reynolds (Jillian Loves Books)
JUNE UPDATE ON MY FAVORITE READ OF 2018: Can we all just take a moment to appreciate the fact that this book has over 11,000 ratings, and the average GR rating is freaking 4.55 STARS?!?!
If this isn't a contender for a 2018 book of the year, I will come armed to the tooth with sporks, willing to fight anyone who disagrees..... Okay, that's the end of this update. Onto the review...

NO ONE TOLD YOU THAT YOU COULD DO THAT TO US, NEAL.

SERIOUSLY. WHO HURT YOU?

Um.

Oh my god.

OH MY GOD.

OH MY EVER-LOVING
Leore
Jul 08, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4.5 stars! The ending was much better than the first book and so damn intense! I really liked the characters in this book more than the first as I started becoming more attached to them and also so much more happens in this to them that you just can’t help feeling sorry and really wanting to follow them further with their journey. Especially Greyson’s storyline!

Thank you Neal for writing this adventurous book!
Erin
Yes! Finally a 5 Star read!

Well that ended with a real bang!

I loved Scythe but I love Thunderhead even more. I gave Scythe 4 Stars last year but I thought it lacked something in the world building column. I did not have that problem with Thunderhead, not only did I feel completely enmeshed in this world but I felt like the background of this world was fleshed out.

I usually find it annoying when new characters are introduced in sequels but I love Greyson Tolliver and at times enjoyed his chapte
Robin (Bridge Four)
Again I will say it, Neal Shusterman (NS) is the Sci-Fi King of What If….

description

He takes a thought like hey we have a cloud now and we are putting more and more stuff in it what if years and years down the road we have an AI version that is a mash up of The Cloud/Google/Facebook/Amazon and it had a social conscience and was put in charge of EVERYTHING. How would the world change?
How could I not love the very beings who gave me life? Even if they don’t all agree that I am, indeed, alive. I am the sum o
Ronak Gajjar
WHY THAT ENDING? - What am I suppose to do? Dive from a cliff because of all sneaky suspense? Or I could be as mean as the end and say this:
description
Reading this, unknowingly a change happened to me! Usually, I sit around with notepad, different colored pens to scribble my thought-process, and lots of coffee when I read anything. However, for this particular book, I am somewhat blank from scribbling point of view. There were portions (*especially from Thunderhead) when I literally did hold my breath as i
Yusra  ✨
Jun 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
oh. my. god. OH MYGOD. OH. MY. GOD. I CANNOT. FUNCTION. i feel like,,, i can’t explain how i feel because there aren’t words. OH MY GOD. OHHHHH MYYYYY GOOOOODDDDD

(i actually give this book 4 stars but that ending is 5 stars so i’ll leave that here for now)
rtc

OH MY GOD.

buddy read with Tara 💗 (i’ll tag)

I’m living for this cover’s colour and just generally Scythe Faraday, please don’t hurt me Shusterman I can’t take it with this exam stress I’m already having
Nina
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Just one word: AMAZING! This book totally exceeded my expectations and alongside "The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo" it is now the best book I've read this year so far. I'm happy to announce that there isn't a single negative thing I can say about "Thunderhead".

The plot was great and absolutely unpredictable. I was basically glued to the pages of this book and there were so many things that happened that I just didn't see coming. I also still absolutely love the characters in this series and wo
☘Misericordia☘ ~ The Serendipity Aegis ~  ⚡ϟ⚡ϟ⚡⛈ ✺❂❤❣
Q:
It’s my pleasure to be your displeasure. (c) It's this series' pleasure to be my displeasure....

A bit more definition added to this world, and still... a lot of key ideas seem to be missing from this society, still.

In this one, Thunderhead discovers it has been a DunderDolt all along. It entertains us with musings of its inherent godliness, the challenges of practicing omnipresense as well as demonstrates its quite possibly first taste of rage, 'wrath and fury'. Wow! A disgruntled AI is just w
Katie
Mar 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-don-t-own
AHHHHH I NEED THE NEXT BOOK AHHHHHHH
Maureen
Jul 31, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
excuse me WHAT was that ending? and i have to wait HOW LONG until the next book?? I AM NOT OKAY.
This story follows Citra & Rowan further into the future world where they still have to play the difficult politics of the Scythedom. While they've followed different paths, it's still so interesting to see how their stories come together.
One thing I liked about this book that differed from the first book were the sections from the Thunderhead's perspective. They were so interesting and gave so m
Anja
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
*5 GOBSMACKED STARS*

“Death must exist for life to have meaning.”

WHAT THE ****... THAT ENDING?!
This series will actually be the death of me!
I am in shock.
How am I supposed to survive until the next installment, so cruel to leave us hanging like this!
Award-winning author Neal Shusterman grew up in Brooklyn, New York, where he began writing at an early age. After spending his junior and senior years of high school at the American School of Mexico City, Neal went on to UC Irvine, where he made his mark on the UCI swim team, and wrote a successful humor column. Within a year of graduating, he had his first book deal, and was hired to write a movi ...more

Arc of a Scythe (3 books)
  • Scythe (Arc of a Scythe, #1)
  • The Toll (Arc of a Scythe, #3)
“Death must exist for life to have meaning.” 37 likes
“if we were judged by the things we most regret, no human being would be worthy to sweep the floor.” 32 likes