Start by marking “Beyond the Blue Moon (Hawk and Fisher, #7)” as Want to Read:
Beyond the Blue Moon (Hawk and Fisher, #7)

Beyond the Blue Moon (Hawk & Fisher #7)

4.1  ·  Rating details ·  1,662 Ratings  ·  37 Reviews
Fifteen years ago, Prince Rupert and Princess Julia saved the Forest Kingdom from the long night of the Blue Moon. In the aftermath they were heroes.

Now Hawk & Fisher are tough cops in the crime-torn city of Haven. The last thing they need is a reminder of who they once were.

But the Blue Moon is threatening to rise again. The Forest Kingdom needs their heroes again.

The
Published November 1st 2000 by Roc (first published 2000)

To ask other readers questions about Beyond the Blue Moon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Beyond the Blue Moon

Proditor
Jun 20, 2007 rated it it was amazing
You'll never please everyone

But in this case, the only thing that did not please me about "Beyond the Blue Moon" was that it ended. I've heard a lot of praise for "Blue moon Rising", the prequel to the Hawk and Fisher series, but I came upon that book only shortly before "Beyond the Blue Moon". My Hawk and Fisher were in Haven and this seemed like a truly worthy send up of the two dealiest individuals in fantasy writing. My only regret is that Green isn't filling in a few more blanks in the liv
Donna
Apr 09, 2009 rated it really liked it
Prince Rupert and Princess Julia left their Forest Kingdom before Rupert's older brother could kill them to ensure the faction that preferred Rupert as King would not have a figurehead to start a civil war. They have worked 10 years in Haven and are Captains of the Haven Guards. However, Harold has been murdered and his widow has sent a messenger requesting they find the murderer and ensure justice is done. They decide to go back as Hawk and Fisher, working as purported agents of the legendary P ...more
Dinofly
Nov 10, 2007 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fantasy
Worthy end of a long series. We finally find out the secret behind the castle and the problems on beginning of the series. Well written, worth reading, I just enjoyed the first volume much more.
Daphne
Nov 08, 2015 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: own-audio, quest
So close to the end. I always get so melancholy when the end of a series is nigh upon me. :'(
Alexander Draganov
Aug 21, 2010 rated it it was amazing
The final book in the "Hawk & Fisher" series concludes "The Forest Kingdom" saga as well and does it with style. Hawk and Fisher, city guards in the corrupt city of Haven are finally revealed to be prince Rupert and princess Julia from "Blue Moon Rising", the heroes of the long night, the people, who defeated the Demon Prince and his ghastly minions. Now they are summoned again, as the skies above the Forest Kingdom darken again. King Harald is killed, slayed by an unknown assassins and Hawk ...more
Marie
Feb 07, 2016 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Simon Green doesn't always do endings well, but this one was outstanding - up there with the end of the Nightside series. Technically, the Hawk & Fisher series ended with the Bones of Haven; Beyond the Blue Moon takes them back to the Forest Kingdom, and Green moves from urban fantasy back to something more like high fantasy. And he does it well - the novel has a great cast of characters, and Hawk and Fisher are ... Hawk and Fisher. It was fun to see them in this world (I haven't read the fi ...more
Jason
Feb 11, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: favourites
Really enjoy Simon R. Greens wee world and the adventures of Hawk/Rupert & Fisher/Julia, amusing and exciting plus a talking dog can never go wrong.
Heidi
Oct 31, 2008 rated it liked it
"Simon Green is an author I really enjoy, but I recommend not reading all his books at once. Green does what he does very well, but he seldom strays outside of those bounds. After a while, all his books start to sound the same...Which is not to say they aren't good, but it's easy to get too much of a good thing with Green.[return][return]Beyond the Blue Moon is a great example of this - once again Green is tying up plots and themes of multiple works and having them all come together. This book i ...more
MarsianMan
Aug 20, 2011 rated it liked it
I was so excited to read about the return of Julia and Rupert and even more excited to learn that they were the hardy characters known as Hawk and Fisher (I had a secret suspicion)! Truth be told, I did not like this novel as much as I thought I would. What I really enjoyed in the first novel was the mix of humor and seriousness. It was an excellent mix of satire and epic fantasy. This novel I thought was too heavily mixed in magic and cynicism; it missed the things I loved about Blue Moon Risin ...more
Amanda Lee
Mar 10, 2016 rated it it was amazing
I wish Goodreads had a half-star system, because this is technically four and a half stars for me, but I have to round it up to 5 because 4 stars is too low.

My favorite thing about this book is the characters. They're so real and interesting. Usually this kind of fantasy world is not my thing - it's a little dark and somewhat less magical in some ways than my preference - but the characters I absolutely love, so I was happy to read it.

I read this once in high school and once in college, before
Shayan Kh
Dec 26, 2015 rated it really liked it
Ruth
Jul 23, 2011 rated it did not like it
Shelves: spec-fic
c2000. I should have known to steer clear of this one as SFX reviewed as "A skilful pulp fiction writer". Ugh. One of the ones I have to admit that I just did not manage to finish. Started off well enough and then the writing just became, well, too deliberate - I don't know how else to describe it. Will stay away from this author. Not recommended at all. "You could find anything at all in Haven, if you were willing to pay the price that was sometimes gold and sometimes, lives, but nearly always, ...more
Lori
Mar 30, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fantasy, series, fiction
This is the fourth (or the second or the seventh, depending on how you look at it) in a series about Prince Rupert and Princess Julia. The pair are the world's only hope of defeating the Demon Prince and the Darkness that threatens to envelope the world . . . again. I found it to be better than the first book (Blue Moon Rising) but not by much. Still it's a fun romp through a typical fantasy setting.
egelantier
decently entertaining pulp, police story transferred to the generic fantasy universe.

i loved that our protagonists are a middle-aged, non-glamorous married couple devoted to each other. but in the end of constant theme of 'wouldn't it be nice if cops (good cops, of course) could harrass and scare people (bad people, of course) for the greater good?' exhausted me - especially after the only character to call them on it ended up being a greedy traitor. you know.
Tera
Jan 02, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Great read, but then I've enjoyed all of the books in this series. Note while is usually listed as 2/4 in the series it's actually more like 7, given you also read Hawk and Fisher with the Forest Kingdom, here's how I read these books:
Blue Moon Rising
Beyond the Blue Moon
and most recent Once in a Blue Moon
Samantha wickedshizuku Tolleson
Oct 12, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: Paranormal fans, Sci-fi fans, UF fans, Horror fans, High Fantasy fans
Recommended to Samantha wickedshizuku by: Goodreads
Beyond the Blue Moon (Forest Kingdom Saga/Hawk and Fisher) Review Oh My Gods it all makes sense now! I knew that Hawk and Fisher had a bigger part, but I never considered that they were royalty.The plot and action were awesomely fast. Many plot holes that were left in Blood and Honor were finally put together, and I am very pleased with many of the characters.Fangirlish glee abounds for now. On to Down Among the Dead Men.Cheers Pretties!
Zarine
Feb 16, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Great end to the Hawk and Fisher books, I'd realised who they really were in an earlier book, but I like the fact that they told their backstory and we found out what happened to the Dragon and to Breeze. Loved the tie in with the other Forest Kingdom books, even though only the first was set in the same castle.
Archimedes Grimm
May 18, 2016 rated it it was ok
2.5 stars. While we finally find out where Hawk and Fisher come from and who they really are, I found that the storyline of this book left a lot to be desired. The whole inverted-cathedral-window-to-another-world aspect just didn't do it for me. I like the idea of Transient beings, just not how they were portrayed in this series.
Martin Hilcher
Jan 16, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
650 Seiten geschafft, viele davon gut, einige davon etwas langatmig.
Alles in allem ein gelungener Fantasy-Roman und, für mich, ein gelungener Abschluß, denn wenn ich mir die Kritiken für Dämonenkrieg 3 anschaue, werde ich mir die folgenden Teile wohl sparen. Aber die muß man auch nicht lesen, denn das Ende dieses Romans ist wirklich ein schöner Abschluß.
Ellen
May 17, 2013 rated it really liked it
Great end to the first series Mr Green started, funny and like most of his books always cheers me up. Bringing our heros home to save the world, again, but as usually nothing is as it seems, and this time there's a new evil to face.
Irene
Aug 24, 2013 rated it liked it
Not a bad ending to the series. nice to see the two heroes return, even though the front part confused me cos it crossed over with another series. Writing style seems different from the rest of the books in the series though. Didn't like a bit of it.
Nick
Apr 24, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: fantasy, action
A more than adequate finale to the story of Hawk and Fisher. I'm almost sorry to have finished the series, but this book introduces a whole new series to read. I will also say the Hawk and Fisher romance is one of the better that I've read.
Amanda
Jan 14, 2008 rated it did not like it
This book made me sad. I enjoyed Blue Moon Rising so much but found the Hawk and Fisher books dull and cliched. Hawk and Fisher are pale copies of Del and Tiger of the Sword Dancer books...and the city of Haven is just Ithakar writ small and boring.
Sally
Jul 09, 2013 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Not a direct sequel to Blue Moon Rising: in fact there has been a whole series in between. Too many insubstantial characters and often slow moving. Occasionally witty. Ends in a more satisfying manner.
Jill
Sep 18, 2015 rated it it was ok
this definitely was not as good as the first.
I didn't like how hard and crass the characters became. I didn't like like how religion became a big part of the story. Christianity just didn't fit in this works of magic.
 Danielle The Book Huntress (Back to the Books)
I am so jazzed. I found this at the used bookstore today. It's very hard to find!!! Of course I have to read all the Hawk and Fisher books first. But when I do, it will be on my shelf with my other Simon R. Green books waiting to be read. :)
Greg
Jul 30, 2007 rated it really liked it
More of a "going back to basics" - the story is hindered more of it's inherent fantasy roots than the urban blight that the other stories deal with. It is a decent read but nothing more.
Eric
Jun 20, 2012 rated it really liked it
Shelves: reviewed, fantasy
Read the book a while ago and the audiobook version of the book was even better.
K.R. Freeman
Aug 25, 2016 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: To anyone that likes to Hawk and Fisher books
Recommended to K.R. by: My wife
Shelves: very-good-books
Really good but I thoroughly enjoyed it
Karen Desmond
Nov 02, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
  • Memory of Fire (The World Gates, #1)
  • Prophecy (The Blending, #5)
  • A Scholar of Magics (A College of Magics, #2)
  • The Unforsaken Hiero  (Hiero, #2)
  • Lady in Gil (Gil Trilogy, #1)
  • Lord of the Fire Lands (The King's Blades, #2)
  • Spirit Fox
  • The Night Club: Part One
  • The Soldier King (Dhulyn and Parno, #2)
  • The Sea Lark's Song
  • The Spell-Bound Scholar (Warlock's Heirs, #3)
  • Scales of Justice (Fanuilh, #4)
  • The Door Into Fire (The Tale of the Five, #1)
  • The Road to Underfall (Loremasters of Elundium, #1)
  • Moonwise
41942
Simon Richard Green is a British science fiction and fantasy-author. He holds a degree in Modern English and American Literature from the University of Leicester. His first publication was in 1979.

His Deathstalker series is partly a parody of the usual space-opera of the 1950s, told with sovereign disregard of the rules of probability, while being at the same time extremely bloodthirsty.

Excerpted
More about Simon R. Green...

Hawk & Fisher (8 books)
  • Hawk & Fisher (Hawk & Fisher, #1)
  • Winner Takes All (Hawk & Fisher, #2)
  • The God Killer (Hawk & Fisher, #3)
  • Wolf in the Fold (Hawk & Fisher, #4)
  • Guard Against Dishonor (Hawk & Fisher, #5)
  • The Bones of Haven (Hawk & Fisher, #6)
  • Once in a Blue Moon (Hawk & Fisher, #8)