Start by marking “Captive Lies” as Want to Read:
Captive Lies

Captive Lies

3.98  ·  Rating details ·  160 Ratings  ·  54 Reviews
Wealthy, powerful Grant Thorne is used to getting what he wants, and he wants Blaire, the beautiful angel who saved his life when he was injured in a blizzard. The CEO of Thorne Industries and the son of a Senator, he lives his life in the public eye. Convincing the reclusive artist to be a part of his world won’t be easy, but determination fuels his pursuit.

Blaire Callaha
ebook
Published February 16th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Captive Lies, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Captive Lies

Hana ♡
Great read with a delicious alpha male. I love Victoria Paige’s heroines, they always have so much depth to them. They are always strong and independent, and that wasn’t any different in this story. Loved it!!!!
nicklein
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
2:30AM Thoughts:

Not my first all nighter and definitely not my last. Hello, research paper. But this was one of the happiest all nighters ever. Thank you, Ms. Paige. I needed this.

Now, back to my sad and depressing medtech student reality.
Vee Paige
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Now on Kindle Unlimited

"How do you protect someone from their past if you don't know they're running?"

Genre: Romantic suspense

U.S.: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B079D9Z5P7
U.K.: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B079D9Z5P7
AUS: https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B079D9Z5P7
CAN: https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B079D9Z5P7
Ms. D. Reader
Feb 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Romance, Suspense, Mystery! 4 Passionate Stars!

Another enjoyable romantic suspense from Victoria Paige that includes some mysteries to solve along the way. That dash of mystery is becoming a familiar element in Ms. Paige’s romances with characters that are not always who they seem and sinister motivations and secrets that continue to be revealed up until the end.

Blaire Callahan is an intriguing and talented artist who tries to avoid any kind of personal relationships because she is hiding from
maggieandteddy
Ahhh ! What can I say? I love the strong but elusive heroines in Ms Paige's stories.
Blaire. Her story is told in 1st person POV. An artist, an enigma. Not in your face, but kinda kick-ass.
Grant. Told in 3rd person POV. He's alpha, strong, possessive. He wants/needs Blaire.
A lot of twists and turns. I kept switching my sympathy. I truly wanted these two to have their happy ending. But how can they? They start off polar opposites, but are so magnetically attracted to each other. Insta -love/lust
Page
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: victoria-paige
Easily this author's best work (imo). This author is a friend of mine and therefore I am often witness to the vast attention to detail she gives to every character and plotline. It pays off when she hits the publish button. Well researched, well written, flawless editing.

Congratulations on another wonderful accomplishment.
Laurie
One of my beta reads... I really think you guys are going to love this one. VP can write one hell of an alpha male.
Zita
Jan 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: other-arcs
Her secrets won’t change his mind…

The woman Grant Thorne craves has left him and he doesn’t know the reasons why, the secrets he’s sensed she kept finally sent her running and him on a mission to track her down. His first stop being the mountains of Colorado where the memories of how they began assail him. This reader loves it when a story begins with suspense and an enigma, an obsessed hero is on the hunt for his missing woman, an alpha male amok but not due to ego, he really cares about this w
Victoria
4.25+ RATING- Captive Lies was a great weekend read. I had plans to meet some girlfriends for brunch and was sad to have to put this down and admit to picking it right back up as soon as I got home. This is probably the best writing from this author that I've seen. I usually hate stories that jump back in forth in time and I was a little peeved when I realized there was some back and forth. But the author kept it to a minimum and I didn't think it was disruptive to the story line at all. In fact ...more
Sissy's Romance Book Review
Captive Lies by Victoria Paige is the story of Grant Thorne and Blaire Callahan.
Blair ends up helping to save Grant when he is found in the snow. From their they start to have feelings for each other. Blair unknown to Grant has been hiding from a dangerous past but takes a leap of faith to be with Grant. But then her past worries start to come back to her and she leaves with Grant in pursuit.
Loved both characters and hope to read more books by Ms. Paige!
Laura Elizabeth
Feb 15, 2018 rated it really liked it
Another good one from Victoria Paige. Good romance, sexy times!
Fatimama
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was ok
Hero fits the alpha j/p trope. He does a dick move at one point and heroine gets hurt emotionally and physically after.

In theory, I should have liked this book but I didn’t.. maybe it’s the writing style that just didn’t gel with me..
Aysha
Feb 23, 2018 rated it really liked it
4.5 stars! Once in a while you come across a book that makes you remember why you love reading. This was that book for me. Frigging loved it
Stacey is Sassy
He just needed to tone it down a bit…

I hate to say it, but I think I might (MIGHT) be over bossy Alpha males. Or, maybe this was just an extreme case of *TOO BOSSY FOR HIS OWN GOOD*. Unfortunately, the hero had me swinging from I want to smack him for being too bossy or gag him for his lovesick corniness. I never, never, never thought the day would come that I would roll my eyes from the excessive amount of sexy times in a book. Seriously, this guy was permanently aroused and ready to bang her a
Cindy Fong
Feb 19, 2018 rated it really liked it

This is an action packed, page turning read with larger than life characters and a kick-ass strong female lead. The players will have you guessing who is bad or good. The interactions between Grant and Blaire will h
Jeannie Zelos
Mar 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Captive Lies,  Victoria Paige

Review from Jeannie Zelos book reviews

Genre: Mystery & Thrillers, Romance

I really liked the sound of this story, and to begin I was enjoying it but....the the Russian Mafia slant came into play, and though I know there are readers who love stories with a Mafia bent I'm not one. Fortunately the Mafia were the bad guys, I really can't take it when they're passed of as good guys really, just misunderstood...

I loved Blaire, she was in the situation she was through he
Jennifer Pierson
Feb 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Captive Lies was my first book by this author, and WOW! I can't believe it took me this long to read anything by her! It started out with a bang, and the pace never slowed down for a minute! Blaire Callahan has a dangerous past that keeps her living under the radar, which means she has no life per se, but when she rescues a super sexy man, she feels a strong connection to him that is very hard to resist. Grant Thorne is a wealthy man who comes from a powerful political family, and always gets wh ...more
bookslovereaders Steph
Jun 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
A romance with a twist.

I picked this up thinking it was a straight up romance but I was pleasantly surprised that it had a bit more depth to it.

You meet Grant Thorne a Billionaire and son of a US Senator. After he watched his sister have a fight with her boyfriend then take off in the snow he followed to bring her back, what he wasn’t expecting was to get knocked off his snowmobile and be badly injured.

You then meet Blaire and Liam two people with a dark past who come across Grant and take hi
Rebecca Austin
Feb 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: trsor
Grant Thorne is the CEO of Thorne Industries and the son of a Senator. He is used to being able to get what he wants and he sets his eyes on the beautiful woman who rescued him in a blizzard and saved his life.

Blaire Callahan is an artist who loves her privacy and is on the run from her past. She has no desire to be anywhere near the public spotlight but being with Grant may disrupt her life more than she knows.

When Blaire disappears Grant will not give up looking for her but soon it is clear th
United Indie Book Blog
Feb 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved it! I've volunteered to review this book for United Indie Book Blog. This is my first time reading one of Victoria Paige books. This is about Grant and Blaire. This story it has it all interesting characters, passionate, steamy love scenes, and carefully researched plots that keep you turning the pages. Blaire is an intriguing and talented artist who tries to avoid any kind of personal relationships because she is hiding from her dangerous past. While Grant is the CEO of his own business a ...more
Chantelle Bouffanie
Feb 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
BCD Book Review - Rachel & Jen
Amount of sex 3.5 / 5
How explicit 3 / 5
Story 4 / 5
Overall: 4 / 5

Blaire and Liam were driving when they spotted a man lying in the snow. They discovered he had an accident on his snowmobile and was hurt, but still alive. They brought him to Blaire’s house for help as the snowstorm started to get stronger. Blaire and Liam soon found out that the man is Grant Thorne, the son of a senator, and reported as missing.

Blaire and Grant have a strong connection to each other, but Liam has issues with it. W
Kristi
I enjoyed all the ricocheting from one situation to another as we follow the relationship of Blaire and Grant. She's in hiding and he's a son of a US Senator and a billionaire in his own right.

For people who should never ever have met, they had a pull on each other like no one expected. Their love was intense but that didn't stop them from making mistakes with each other. The book certainly kept me on my toes trying to figure out who was going to do what next.

I wonder if Val will get a HEA now.
Steph
Mar 18, 2018 rated it liked it

After having loved many of this authors books, I was excited for this latest release but this one ended up being just ok for me.

The characters were likeable enough and the story was good but the plot started to drag at different times which left me up and down with it.

My thoughts:

POV switches between characters
Quick hook or slow starter? 3 (I was hooked at the beginning, but the story lost me on and off throughout)
Character development: 3
Level of Romance between characters: 3
Passion/Hea
Read.Review.Repeat Blog
Feb 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
"What a rush of a story! There is something for everyone in this. Mafia ties, intrigue, political posturing and finally a love story all tangled together. Grant and Blaire met by chance but their relationship was tested time and time again but they always managed to come out stronger.

Sabah
Mar 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved everything about it. I wouldn't expect anything less from Victoria's book
ABCsofbooks
Feb 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Billionaire & Russian mafia, what can be better?

Billionaire & Russian mafia, what can be better? Had no expectations when started reading. Great suspense, hot love story, super rich H. Loved it!
Varied Books
Jun 21, 2018 marked it as on-kindle-to-read
The H wasn’t tough enough for me
Maribel (Wine, Books N' Chill Blog)
ENGLISH REVIEW

“I should be alarmed that I was falling for him all over again but I wasn’t.
For the first time in weeks, my heart lifted with hope. He gave me hope.”

Even though this book is about romance it also contains a lot of action so it is a very exciting book.

Precisely the synopsis tells us what it is and sells us exactly what you get in the book a possessive, jealous and overprotective hero and a strong and intelligent heroine.

Grant is a millionaire man who ends up in the snow when
Madame
Mar 24, 2018 rated it liked it
If there is one woman whose books I have devoured and loved every second is (apart for JK Rowling) is Victoria Paige. When her new novel was out, I procrastinated and read it all in two days. I was expecting to love it like I loved all of her books but it felt a little flat for me. I could not love the romance between the leads like I have previously, and Grant didn't feel like the brand of alpha males Ms. Paige writes.

Now the book wasn't so bad, I give 3 stars but it could have been so much be
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Victoria Paige writes romantic suspense with badass alpha males and smart, feisty heroines.

Her heroes are possessive, overprotective, and frequently the obsessed, jealous type with a penchant for strong language. Her heroines are strong-willed and intelligent women who can hold their own against a bossy hero. Her books are sexually explicit and may contain dark themes, morally ambiguous choices,