Start by marking “Snow Balls (Balls to the Wall, #6)” as Want to Read:
Snow Balls (Balls to the Wall, #6)

Snow Balls

(Balls to the Wall #4)

Second Edition

JJ LaRousse looks like a quarterback but acts like a queen. Hes trying to be proud of who he isuntil a robbery at the famous Laguna Winter Fantasy brings JJ face-to-face with tough cop Ryan Star. JJ hears Ryan likes manly men, so he drops his voice an octave, colors his pink hair, and tries to pass as a football fan.

Ryan Star may be tough, but he keeps his
ebook, 2nd Edition, 121 pages
Published December 6th 2017 by Dreamspinner Press (first published December 5th 2012)

To ask other readers questions about Snow Balls, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Snow Balls

Start your review of Snow Balls (Balls to the Wall, #6)
Vio
I enjoyed this one and got sucked right into loving the guys, I couldn't help myself they were adorable. I had a soft spot for JJ, the twinkie who was trying to please Ryan the hunky cop by pretending to be something he wasn't, to make the right impression on Ryan. His efforts in being more macho so he could fit into what he thought Ryan wanted him to be, turned out to be drinking beer, attending a sport's game and skiing outdoors(which turned into a disaster)...oh how it came back to
Lorraine Lesar
Jan 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
5* for JJ, you great big glorious bag of femininity. I loved you so much.
3* for Ryan, how could you play with JJs emotions like that? I heard you, but I didnt get you.
4* for the storyline, was it my imagination that this felt shorter than the other books in the Series? it certainly felt like it, but as always, the Lains magic was there on each page.
So overall, its 4 fluffy snow balls stars from me
Zaaali Zaaali
Dec 06, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: mushy-lovy-dovy, mxm
Opposites attract,North pole attracts South pole but people hate to step out of their comfort zones. They have this idea to fall in love for someone who is a perfect copy of themselves. But love is all about risk and uncomfortable things.

That's what jj taught me and Ryan.
I loved JJ from the start and Ryan took some time but I liked him too.
Candice
Nov 25, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: series, cops, cute, twink
I really enjoy these books and each one gets better. I think so far JJ may be my favorite character, you can't help but love him. I liked Ryan and understood why he was staying the closet, but really wanted more for JJ. I like how we also get to see glimpses of the characters from the other books. I am looking forward to seeing more of the Laguna guys.
Catherine
So... I guess the moral of this story is that you should totes pretend to be someone you're not in order to win the boy. Then, when you've tricked him into loving you, reveal your true self. He will compare you to a whore, never apologize for that comment, and prove (repeatedly) that he isn't completely comfortable with all of your more flamboyant personality quirks. But don't over think it - you should totally ignore all of these things and settle because... you love him too? I guess? I guess. ...more
Linda (un)Conventional Bookworms
This review was originally posted on (un)Conventional Bookviews
Welcome to my stop on the Snow Balls blogtour! Snow Ball was a delightful story, with a lot of light-hearted situations, albeit with some underlying themes like discrimination as well.

Review - (un)Conventional Bookviews
Story:
As always, Lain grabbed hold of my attention and kept it from start to finish! Snow Balls was such a sweet, but still strong story! About how difficult it can be to come out of that closet. And once that happens, all the heartache and pain
Mandy*reads obsessively*
Sweet God of really cute Balls Books!
Sorry, I couldn't resist a little JJ speak ! ;)

JJ as a tall and manly looking guy is a bit of a contradiction to how he feels and sees himself.
He wants to be a decorator, he is very good at it and starting to get his own commissions, he is working at David's gallery and going to school.
Ryan Star is a cop who after a truly horrible breach of trust from his fellow officer left NYC and moved to Laguna.
They meet when JJ gives Ryan a description of Santa and his
JustJen "Miss Conduct"
Dec 01, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: mm, ebook
3.5 stars. JJ is very cute and really funny. I was sad that he felt he had to change who he was for Ryan to like him and the reasons behind it. Ryan's issues were a little sad as well. I liked these guys together, although I didn't feel the chemistry quite as much as some of the other couples in this series. I have to say I have never heard of a cock being spronged before. I am hoping Bobby and Robin will get their own story.
Susan65
Dec 01, 2012 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: read-with-jen
I liked J.J. a lot. He was a really sweet guy and his running commentary in his head was so funny at times. I loved him at the football game. Even though the red flag should have been yellow :-)

Ryan was a good guy but until you learn the whys behind his fear of coming out, he comes across as selfish.

I was really happy to see them work out their issues...but never had any doubts.
Jacq ~
Oct 06, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I love this book so funny...I wish it had a little more depth. This storyline made me smile. Ooh and one funny scene I truly enjoyed in the ahwahnee Hotel. Yeah I'm there now!

A totally enjoyable relaxing read. Re read 9/9/2015
Nic
Such a cute and lovely story!

It was interesting to read about 'big, handsome, hunky' JJ LaRousse whose appearance just doesn't fit with how he sees himself "It just happened that JJ was a pansy. All pink and purple and multipetaled." He wants to be an interior decorator, he's scared of spiders and he doesn't do sports.

Ryan is a closeted cop, with very good reason for not wanting to come out at work. He and JJ embark on a relationship but it is based on lies as JJ tries to be what he thinks Ryan
ElaineY
JJ's the sterotypical flaming queen. All fluttering hands and eyelashes...and studying to be an interior decorator. What else. He's also lovable, good and utterly precious.

Ryan, is the quintessential opposite. JJ's the kind of guy Ryan, the closeted macho cop, would never be caught dead with. So JJ pretends he's anything but a flaming drama queen. He's rather good at the pretense. Until he comes undone at the sight of a little arachnid on his bed.

Predictable plot and one done to death but so
DaisyGirl
4.0 Stars

Jamison "JJ" LaRousse is a 6'4" hunk with a soft heart. Although JJ looks like an alpha male, his fluttering hands, pink hair, and high voice scream fruity interior decorator. And he's fine with that ... sorta. JJ has paid a high price for coming out and he's learning to be more comfortable in his own skin. So what in the world would make JJ drop his voice an octave, color over his pink hair, and try to pass as a football fan (when he barely knows what a football is)? Answer: Detective
Macky
May 18, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I've read practically all Tara Lains books and find them fun and sexy. The " Balls To The Wall " series has been exceptionally enjoyable, this is book 4. All set around the arty part of Laguna Beach CA they each feature a couple or in book one a ménage, consisting of one very flamboyant openly gay man, who falls for a more macho man (or 2 as the case may be) or alpha ' straight' guy, and they are just so much fun whilst at the same time being very hot and sexy with great chemistry and ST between ...more
Mona Karel
Tara's done it again. Well, of course she's delivered another tale of life and love in Laguna Beach. More to the point, she's ramped up her storytelling again. We've become accustomed to beautiful boys working out their romantic issues, surprising us along the way with the depth of their commitment. Now she's bringing us a character whose life has been truly damaged by coming out in the workplace.
No, I won't put in spoilers, but I will bring up another epiphany on my part, through Tara's
Raevyn
Dec 10, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I think JJ is now in my top 10 all-time favorite characters. I loved him. JJ is a witness to a crime and meets Det. Ryan Star while giving his account of what happened. JJ decides to hide his flamboyant ways so that Ryan will like him and they start dating. The problem... Ryan is in the closet and really likes JJ's fake persona. Things come to a head around Christmas and JJ and Ryan are forced to face their demons. This is one of my favorites of the Balls to the Wall series.
Summer
4.5 Stars!

Another excellent addition to this series! You get to see more of the couples from previous books and I really enjoyed JJ's character. The story line is a little different from any I have yet read and I really enjoyed it. Now I would really like a story for the twins!
Amber
Dec 06, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Full review available at: https://optimumm.blog/2017/12/06/revi...

Snow Balls is another fabulous book in the Balls to the Wall series. Snow Balls is the sixth book in the series by Tara Lain. The story is well written, nicely edited, and has great flow. The characters are loveable and complex. I loved the storyline and getting to see cameos of the other characters in the series. I adore this series, and I was so excited when I found out that Snow Balls was going to be about JJ LaRousse.

JJ
Jodi Ciorciari-marinich
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
Tara is giving us another book in the Balls to the Wall series. This is JJ's story.
I love JJ, he is a big guy but very flamboyant. He works at the gallery and also goes to school for design.
When a robbery takes place JJ is a witness and when the policy officer comes to question him , JJ can't get over how gorgeous he is.
The story is about JJ and Ryan and how you can't judge a book by it's cover. We get both POV's in this story which I love.
All the guys are back to help JJ learns that he is
Ruthie Taylor
Dec 04, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
~~I received a free copy of this book to read and review for Wicked Reads ~~

This is the sixth in this fun series, and an excellent addition to the set. It was good to get little cameos from previous romances as well, although you could definitely read this as a standalone and enjoy it.

In spite of the lightness, and fun, there are issues to overcome in these books, and this is no different. Ryan has transferred to the police force from NY, where his openness about his sexual orientation had him
Angie
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I received a copy to read and review for Wicked Reads

I really like this series. It is low on angst and high on love and emotions. JJ and Ryan are so cute together. They both like each other instantly, even though JJ is pretending to be someone he isn't. Once Ryan knows the truth he reevaluates his outlook. This was a fast paced story, like I said low on angst and full of love. We see several of the characters from previous books which was nice, even if it was briefly. Sweet holiday read on a
Sophia
Dec 08, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I thoroughly enjoy this series of books and was just tickled pink (hmmm, not as pink as JJ gets into mind you) when I discovered that a Christmas themed story was coming out in the series. It was a light read, but as with all the books in the series there is a deft touch that also reveals there is substance underlying some of the fun and antics.

In this story, JJ LaRousse, who thought he was past his identity crisis and was comfortable in his own skin, spies Ryan Star and decides that Ryan is
Lena Grey
Dec 18, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sometimes it's inconvenient to be ourselves, but, as JJ from 'Snow Balls' by Tara Lain learns, taking what may seem to be the path of least resistance, is, truthfully, the most difficult path one could choose. The deceit and lies necessary to maintain the facade cause more discomfort than ever. Even though he knows in his heart that it's wrong, JJ still tries to pretend to be someone he's not. Predictably, by trying to be what he thinks Ryan wants, he causes an even bigger mess, one that will ...more
Gabbi

Ive read a lot of series over the years. Some of them Ive liked more than others, but I can honestly say that Ms. Lains, Balls to the Wall, series is one of my favorites! She has a knack of writing humanly flawed and fabulously sexy men who really live and breathe off of the written page. The blurb does an outstanding job at describing the story, so I wont rehash a lot of it. Instead, I thought I would talk about why I loved this book so much and why I fell
Diane
Nov 28, 2012 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: favorites
I love this series - it's both fun and hot!
JJ has the appearance of an alpha male, tall, built and all, however, his personality is more queen, which, sadly, has been a turn off for more than one man who are expecting one thing and get something completely different(for those who have read the series, JJ has the personality most would expect Rodney to have!!!). So when JJ sees Ryan, he decides to try being someone other than himself.

Ryan Starr is a police officer, and he is an alpha male, and
Thomaidha Papa
3.5 Hearts
Review written for MM Good Book Reviews

Omg, Im dying. What a character JJ is. Loved him, but then again all Taras boys are to die for.

This particular one, JJ LaRousee, is charming. His appearance screams all-man, jock-type but JJ is anything but. If you could define flamboyant youd definitely use JJs personality. Just like she did with Rodney from Fire Balls Tara Lain took all stereotypes and threw them out of the window and BOOM in came JJ.

I loved this character. Hes in 3rd place
Katharina
Aug 21, 2013 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
3.75

I was pretty much prone to giving this book 3 stars until I wanted to reread parts of it to write this review and ended up rereading the whole damn thing. Because it's just so much FUN. But let's backtrack a little:

Why did I want to give three stars?
Well, there isn't a lot of substance in this story, no deep emotional response evoked by reading it. The suspense part is purely a device to bring the romance forward and definitely on the backburner of the story. And because of that, it went
Barb ~rede-2-read~
Dec 11, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Barb ~rede-2-read~ by: Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
I've been looking forward to this book since I enjoyed the previous stories in this series. I'm not disappointed, at all! JJ is one of the most engaging characters I've met in a while. Sweet, sassy, but with a bit of low self-esteem that's touched off by meeting a gorgeous hunk of manhood, Ryan. Ryan's a macho cop investigating thefts that occurred at the Winter Carnival where JJ is manning the gallery's booth. JJ was a witness and when he sees Ryan heading his way to question him, he borrows a ...more
Suzan
Jan 01, 2013 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Recommends it for: Romance readers
I thoroughly enjoyed this book! I loved the real JJ, he was such a breathe of fresh air and a great guy who needed to realise his own worth. I did tear up a little at some parts in the book, such as him remembering how his dad would treat him and Ryan remembering the incident that led him to be so determined to hide his sexuality from his fellow officers. I also teared up when JJ admitted he was trying to be who Ryan wanted him to be instead of who he was and he couldn't continue being someone ...more
Rissa (an M/M kinda Girl!!)
JJ is one of my new favorite characters. His pink hair & fluttering hands were just two of the things that made him....him.

This series is definitely entertaining and I really enjoy it. It's a quick quirky hot and funny read but it does touch on some 'coming out' issues as well.

I'd recommend this book and series to those looking for a fun read!
« previous 1 3 next »

• New Year's Resolutions
  • Mr. Right Now
  • Rebel (415 Ink, #1)
  • A Fool and His Manny (The Mannies, #4)
  • Virgin Flyer
  • Homebird
  • An Unlocked Mind (Secrets, #2)
  • Snow Falling (Haven Hart Universe, #1)
  • Manny Get Your Guy (The Mannies, #2)
  • Arctic Sun (Frozen Hearts, #1)
  • Finders Keepers
  • Until After Christmas
  • Winter Wonders
  • In Case of Emergency
  • The Last Emperor
  • How to Save a Life (Howl at the Moon, #4)
  • Stand In Place
  • Christmas with Danny Fit
Tara Lain believes in happy ever afters - and magic. Same thing. In fact, she says, she doesn't believe, she knows. Tara shares this passion in her stories that star her unique, charismatic heroes and adventurous heroines. Quarterbacks and cops, werewolves and witches, blue collar or billionaires, Tara's characters, readers say, love deeply, resolve seemingly insurmountable differences, and ...more

Balls to the Wall (5 books)
  • Volley Balls  (Balls to the Wall #1)
  • Fire Balls  (Balls to the Wall, #2)
  • Beach Balls  (Balls to the Wall,  #3)
  • F.A.S.T. Balls (Balls To The Wall, #5)

News & Interviews