Start by marking “The Cities of Dead (The Casquette Girls, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cities of Dead (The Casquette Girls, #3)

The Cities of Dead

(The Casquette Girls #3)

The Cities of Dead: the highly anticipated third book in Alys Arden’s spellbinding The Casquette Girls series.

Old World witches collide with the French Quarter’s strangest denizens, setting off events that could tear the fabric of the Natural and Supernatural worlds, and only the most elusive, mischievous Voodoo lwa hold the key to stopping it.

As Adele struggles with her
Published January 22nd 2019 by For the Art of It

Jennie Damron
Feb 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
What a great book! This series is awesome and each book keeps getting better and better. The only complaint I have is the love triangle. Every series I have read lately has that as a source of conflict and I'm kind of over it. But, New Orleans, witches, vampires, spells makes up for that one little grievance. Adele's character is growing and she seems so real and relatable. I love Desiree! She is tough and has all sorts of sassy attitude. And Codi. I love Codi. He's like a goofy, lovable older b ...more
Nick
Jan 04, 2019 marked it as to-read
I still have to read the second book, but I am so excited about this one.
Cecily Wolfe
Shelves: fantasy, young-adult
This has to be one of the most intense love triangles EVER. I don't even know who to root for in the romance department at this point, and that's only one of the complications in the grander scheme of things! My head is still spinning, and I'm so glad we are getting more of this fantastic story with book four!
Hana W
Dec 10, 2017 rated it really liked it
Honestly, Adele and Isaac can make me feel so frustrated sometimes! Fortunately, I absolutely love Nicco, Codi and Désirée and half-love Gabriel, so I guess that makes up for all the things I don’t particularly enjoy!
Nicole (FearYourEx)
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5/5 Stars
Adele has been through so freaking much despite just being a teenager. We start out the book seeing just how much the events of The Romeo Catchers broke her. She's separated herself from her coven and her boyfriend. And she begins to get cozy with my favorite character, Nicco. *swoons*

Isaac and Dee just want Adele back in the coven and they just want her present, but since Adele has isolated herself from them they go in with life and fixing the problems started in The Romeo Catchers.

Nat
Nathalie
Feb 05, 2019 rated it it was ok
I would have given it one star, but since some of the side characters and the vamps are the best parts of the book, it warrants an extra star for that alone. I had waited long for this book and was looking forward to it, but having to read half of the book from the perspective of a mary sue, and I don't mean Adele, was just a pain to get through.
kerrycat
Shelves: favorites
as frustrated as I get with Adele . . . this was all kinds of crazy. in the very best way.
Shayla Crist
Feb 02, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Candace
Mar 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
Ok ok. So through most of the book, I was kind of like "where is this going?" Most of the characters (ok sometimes Adele and mostly Isaac) REALLY annoyed me. I also had no idea where the magic stuff was going in this book. I was (and still am) confused by a lot of it quite frankly.

The Isaac/Adele/Nicco love triangle was a HUGE part of this book and it is extremely frustrating because we're supposed to believe that Isaac and Adele are in love, but they really don't trust each other. Also most of
David Thirteen
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This third installment in the series picks up soon after the devastating ending of The Romeo Catchers. Without drifting into spoiler territory (a hard thing. especially avoiding the ending of book 2), everything our heroes have been working toward is in shatters and they are trying to pick-up the pieces, while the threat from the newly revealed villain looms in the background. This is a transition novel taking up the groundwork set in book 2 and advancing us to some exciting possibilities in boo ...more
Kim Barker
Jan 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Everything I expected and more!

This series just keeps getting better! Alys does an extraordinary job of keeping the story alive and interesting. The way she deals with grief and PTSD will bring you to tears and fill you back up with hope. I can’t wait for the next installment!
Kwekwe
Another fabulous tale

What more could you ask, shape shifters, Witches, Vampires, Voodoo, Ancient Fueds And so much more all set in New Orleans.
Britney Dillon
Feb 10, 2019 rated it really liked it
Review to come. As epic as anticipated.
Raquel M.
Not the end...

OMG... Amazing. At 800 pages, I figured this was the last book and realized at 80% there was too much still to resolve.

Each word in this book is perfect. There are chapters in this book I wanted to instantly reread, because they were so moving. The characters grow and there is so much development you fall in love with each character all over again... or for the first time. But at the same time the characters stay true to themselves... the same selves they were in book one.

I would
Maria P
I’ve been loving this series. The descriptions of New Orleans and and the various magical conventions and rituals in this world are fantastic. The only struggle I have is that I love the secondary characters SO much more than the main characters, which is a common issue for me :) Codi, Desiree and their families are my favorites, and I kept finding myself wishing we could get their points of view. The main love triangle trio made me super annoyed at various turns in the book. Isaac’s astonishing ...more
Natalie
She’s done it again!!!

The third instalment in The Casquette Girls series was definitely worth the wait. It’s much more grittier, darker and sexier than the first two books and leaves you second guessing everything and everyone about their true motives where Adele is concerned.
Honestly I could have whizzed through this book but I wanted to savour and enjoy, it plus there’s a lot of details and information to absorb spanning 400 years involving the Medici clan and the original family members of Ad
Elida Åsland
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alys Arden show us again why she should be on top of the list of best fantasy authors. She draws us in to the magical streets of New Orleans with her original story and characters. You want to learn how to use magic with Des and Cody, fly away like Isaac, and feel the strength like Nicco. And the way that she make us readers fight (in a good way) over if we should be "Team Isaac" or "Team Nicco", and who is the right one for Adele. The book is both painful, full of loss, and exciting, thrilling ...more
🦇 Em 🦇
Feb 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh I can’t even begin to describe how much I love these books!!!

And Nicco.... oh lovely Nicco! This boy never fails to melt my mushy heart! I absolutely adored reading from his point of view, he’s such an intriguing deep and very misunderstood character.

This is one of the only books where I do enjoy reading from all characters POV. Each of them is so beautiful and unique and such a joy to read.

I can wait to delve into book 4!!!! ❤❤
Although I could probably read this series forever 😂👌🏾❤❤❤❤❤❤
Erin
Mar 27, 2019 rated it it was ok
I wanted to like this, I really did. The first two books were so good....
But I can't, I just can't. The main character is so self centered, whiny , immature....need I go on?
KatieLMae
Feb 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Casquette Girls series just gets better and better! I'll admit certain characters annoyed me a little at the beginning of this book (I'm looking at you Adele) but I was once again sucked into the world of New Orleans and magic. Alys writes so vividly that I wish I could visit so I could see everything in person, and I actually found myself looking up a lot of the landmarks mentioned so I could get a better picture.

There are so many developments as far as relationships and friendships are co
Crystal Sorrow
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I may have spent a long time reading this book—longer than I intended in fact—however it was damn well worth it. Less time I have to wait for the next one! 🤣 Alys Arden once again has outdone herself weaving an amazing tale of the macabre Ghost Drinkers and the introduction of the Ghede. The Cities of the Dead paced perfect and Adele’s world just got more crazier than she imagined. I was floored at the events leading up to the very end and to a cliffhanger that had me saying “what the fu-“ at 1 ...more
Brenda Bulter
Feb 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The third in the Casquette Girls Series does not fail to deliver! What a wonderful trip through the mystical world of Voo Doo and everything New Orleans. Alys Arden always captures the soul of this city and brings it's stories and legends alive in her characters. If you haven't read the first two books, The Casquette Girls and the Romeo Catchers DO SO NOW..then I can guarantee you'll be salivating for more. The Cities of Dead leaves you breathless and impatiently waiting for the last book. As al ...more
Paranormal Books R Us
Mar 07, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Cities of Dead Review

Fantastic! Arden has created an amazing world and with each book I fall more in love with the characters living in it. The details from the rituals down to the clothing blew me away.
It has all the emotional turmoil you would expect from a group of teenagers dealing with love, loss, and hard choices. Then throw in a whole lot of supernatural and it's a story that I couldn't put down.
And I'm beginning to think the Coven aren't the only ones that can cast spells because Th
Michele Null
Feb 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So, this is not at all my typical genre. But my bff convinced me to try by giving me The Casquette Girls for Christmas a couple years ago. I was hooked. Read through Romeo Catchers and went to the release party in NOLA for The Cities of Dead. Finally finished reading it last night. WOW! Alys is a master at setting the scene and then upsetting the balance. You feel for Adele and all that she is going through. And even though they are "villians", you find yourself caring more about the Medici clan ...more
Amanda Knutsen
Yeeeeeee

Ahhh! This book put me through the ringer and I loved every second of it. This series continues to get stronger and stronger and I cannot wait to see where Adeles new found strength takes her. If you're reading this review wondering if you should give this series a chance, you should. Not only does it have the magic of witches and vampires it has the magic of New Orleans.
Evie
Mar 20, 2019 rated it liked it
Well, it sadly took me almost a month to read this (I picked up other books in between). I just got to certain points and felt it lagged. I enjoyed the entire story but it lost me around halfway through due to its thoroughness. The last 100 pages picked it back up but it was a struggle to get to that point.

I really do love these characters and the story but something didn’t work for me with this book. I’m hoping the next is non-stop action.
Carmen
Feb 06, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Arden just wrote a 100 mile marathon that stops at the edge of a cliff.

Where do even begin to describe Adele and how incredible she is flaws and all. Isaac and Nicco are these two strong lighthouses for her in her deepest times of despair.

I can’t believe I am likely to have to wait another year to see how this intoxicating story ends. The way Arden blends NOLA essence/history with a gripping supernatural element is something magical.
Marci
Mar 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Another heart stopping page turner in this great series! I love these characters, the plot, and really anything about magical New Orleans! Adele is having quite a hard time in this one. Will she make the right choices before it’s too late?? We’ll have to wait and see in the next book to come of course!! Great author! Great series!! I highly recommend!!
Cindy Mathis
Feb 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Alys Arden is a master storyteller. Period. This series is amazing. It’s almost impossible to review without spoiling, but I love the way she blends history with the present. I’m sad that book the next book will be the last in the series, but I know any story that Ms. Arden writes in the future will be pure magic.
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 next »
Who else is excited?! 2 19 May 15, 2018 05:54PM
  • See How She Fights (The Chronicles of Izzy, #2)
  • The Sinner (Black Dagger Brotherhood, #18)
  • The Orange Cat and Other Cainsville Tales (Cainsville)
  • A Madness Most Discreet (Brothers Maledetti #4)
  • Collecting Isobelle (Book 3--Highlander Time Travel) (A Muir Witch Project)
  • Lies & Omens (Shadows Inquiries, #4)
  • Infernal Affairs (OSI #4)
  • Bloody Good (Brytewood, #1)
  • Serpent in the Heather (Dark Talents #2)
  • The Highlander's Vow (Loch Moigh #4)
  • How [Not] to Love a Hero (Cindy Eller, #7)
  • Something Wikkid This Way Comes
  • Left Hand Magic (Golgotham, #2)
Alys Arden was raised by the street performers, tea leaf-readers, and glittering drag queens of the New Orleans French Quarter. She cut her teeth on the streets of New York and has worked all around the world since. She either talks too much or not at all. She obsessively documents things. Her hair ranges from eggplant to cotton-candy colored One dreary day in London, she missed home and started w ...more

The Casquette Girls (3 books)
  • The Casquette Girls (The Casquette Girls #1)
  • The Romeo Catchers (The Casquette Girls #2)
“New Orleans was a place you wanted to be born from and die in.” 0 likes