Start by marking “Continuum (The South Beach Connection Trilogy, #3)” as Want to Read:
Continuum (The South Beach Connection Trilogy, #3)

Continuum

(The South Beach Connection Trilogy #3)

Annie promised Cal she would wait for him. He was her home, her safety — the person she felt she always knew.

And he felt the same.

Still … they go their separate ways. Their passionate summer has come to a close.

Cal returns to California while Annie heads to Seattle. But they can’t stay away from each other long. And soon, their lives become one.

Except … there's one more t
ebook
Published July 25th 2018

To ask other readers questions about Continuum, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Continuum

Carlene Inspired
Continuum has been a highly anticipated release for me, the entire The South Beach Connection Trilogy keeping on my toes with handsome, older gentlemen Cal and younger, romantic Annie wading into the waters of love and lust. Their promised summer is complete, their numbered days of bliss have passed, and the two have gone their separate ways. Their time together has created a permanent connection, leaving the two tied together forever, in body and soul. The two embark on separate journeys, with ...more
Silvia
Jul 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Love the writing style

Continuum is the 3rd book of The South Beach Connection trilogy. While the first 2 books came across as dreamlike poetry within prose, this book was more grounded in real life with a lot of hard knocks thrown in. The characters were more edgy and in focus. Their souls were bared in a way that almost made me feel like I was intruding on their inner thoughts. I found this especially so when I got to see a different side of Cal as he cared for his mother through her last days
Ann Marie
Aug 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Book three …..

In book three we learn so much more about Cal. I love love love that! I was more than ready to hear about him. My heart hurt for him, for everything he was going thru with his mom. Knowing she was there physically but mentally gone. So sad. As he tried to understand his feelings/love for Annie, he knew he wanted her. He knew he cared and he knew he loved her. But admitting all of these feelings to himself seemed so hard, ya know sometimes we think it should be easy. But that is not
Indie Wish List
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Talk about a roller coaster ride! My heart sank so low and rose so high throughout this book. There were times I wanted to hurt both Annie and Cal. Slap some sense into them. Shake them until their teeth rattled. In the end, perseverance won.

Annie goes through so much depression in this book. It was really hard to get through those parts. I wanted to hug her so badly and let her know she would get through it. Other times, I wanted to shake her out of it and tell her to try harder. Kudos to the
Maria "Rosie" Poli
Jul 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: taboo, arc, romance, older-man
I love this series and the characters, with book three being my favorite. A.R Hadley's writing is poetic, making me feel so many emotions. There is a 20 year age difference between Annie and Cal. Annie is an old soul. Cal closes out the people around him to his true self. They are both deep souls and spend a lot of time inside their own heads. In book 3 they open up and finally accept what they feel for each other. I won't give any spoilers, but just when things go as I wanted and Annie and Cal ...more
Alison Davis
Jul 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the third and final book of the series. Just like the previous two books, the writing is amazing and flows effortlessly. Both characters are still trying to figure out life after finding out there’s going to be a little one thrown into the mix. This is a very emotional read that will leave you blissfully happy in the end. I’m so glad I was introduced to this author and I can’t wait to read more books by her.
Lori Caprio Tate
Aug 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The final book in this trilogy has us following the characters through journeys full of emotion and self discoveries of who they are and were they have been and what their future holds. A beautiful angst journey that has you holding your breath and quickly flipping pages to reach the end and find out if they achieve their HEA.
Angela
Aug 12, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Amazing ending to the South Beach trilogy...I loved Cal and Annie's story. The author really focusses on every detail and real life issues like depression. It's heart wrenching and warming at the same time. I love how there story came to a beautiful ending.
Jennifer Richey
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the final story of cal and Annie’s story! This emotional story continues in book 3 where book 2 left off cal knows about the baby and he basically needs a breather so he goes back home to his dying mother. Does he tell his mom about the baby? And does Annie welcome him back after he gets his ducks in a row, wow just wow!
Gianna Santanello
Oct 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is the conclusion in the trilogy. We learn a lot more about Cal and his family in this book. But Cal finally comes back to Annie and they figure their stuff out. What a great ending to the series. This book had some heavy topics and it will take you on an emotional ride. But I highly recommend reading these books.
LS Kralicek
Jul 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved it

The conclusion to Annie and Cal’s love story was amazing. I loved this series. Annie and Cal have a powerful connection that both try to fight. This book does address depression and it really shows the ugly side and struggle of coming through it.
Shiney
Aug 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A must read series!

Happily ever after is definitely not a smooth ride, more like waves tossing about, lifting up and crashing down. Cal and Annie; "They'd ride the cosmic wave together... wherever it would take them."

Truly the most emotional series I've ever read. Heavy.. Profound.. and Lovely.
I learned about grief, happiness, depression.. nothingness, forever and so much more from the inside. The author really is able to convey all the emotions clearly. I could feel them in my soul. One thing
Lizzi
Oct 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Annie and Cal's rocky journey has come to an end. They finally have the HEA they they deserve. A great ending to this trilogy.
Deirdre Stokes
Sep 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a great series to read and I'm little sad to have no more to read of Annie and Cals story that begun with them just being a summer love. Now things are becoming more and it only takes them to make the move for things to truly fall into place for these too. Great book and Great Series!
Dec 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Continuum is the final book in The South Beach Connection. I was sad to see it come to an end. I have grown attached to these characters and felt like they were close friends. Like the first two books, this is a slow burn book. It builds up nicely. Annie and Cal have been through so much. You almost lose hope for them at times. There are ups and downs. Life and love come together. Annie and Cal’s love is definitely one of a kind. I give this 4 stars.
Kathi
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was the third installment of the series. The ending ties everything up and makes you really want to stop and be in the moment.
Angel Lee
Aug 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Loved this conclusion ! Glad we learned more of Cals back story. Beautiful writing!
Rebecca Austin
Sep 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: review-kylie-s
Annie Baxter has managed to get into a place where she is happy with her relationship with Calvin Prescott after everything they have gone through. Annie is delighted that they may have finally broken down the walls and have a future together. But Annie needs to go home to Seattle and Cal is off to California and his dying mother.

Calvin Prescott never thought he would end up where he is now but Annie's love gave him hope but now he is having a hard time with his mother close to death.

Can Calvin
TDCbookreviews
Jul 15, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: a-r-hadley
Dee Winston
Jul 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
I give this book a 3.5 rating. I've loved Cal and Annie from the start. Their story has been a journey for both of them. They both had demons to overcome to really be together. Their story has been a poetic one. As much as I've loved their story I felt that this book was a little ro heavy. It touched on some real issues, but I felt most of the book was about their issues. Even though what Annie was doing through was real I felt her young age really started to show and it got annoying for me. Bec ...more
Nickie Sale
Aug 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
This book is the conclusion to the trilogy and I still struggle with this being a slow read. Told more from Cal's perspective you go through a lot of emotions. Cal leaving Annie to go and look after his mother in her final days and Annie sinking into a deep depression. Whilst with his mother Cal finally begins to work through his issues and comes to realise just what Annie means to him. But, after he returns to Annie and the baby is born, he has to fight to get Annie out of her depression. I sti ...more
Mary Fazzi
Jul 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2018
In this book Cal has to find himself a bit. He leaves Annie to take care of his sick mom who is going to pass away. He and Annie don’t talk to much and it somewhat messes with both of them. With Annie being pregnant and Cal and her relationship undefined makes everything a bit lost. Throughout this book Annie looses herself and the person she once was because of postpartum depression that happens when some moms give birth Annie can’t get a hold of reality and her wants and needs. She loses herse ...more
Ashley
Dec 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Time's up. The summer has come to an end, and so have Cal and Annie. But no matter the distance between them these too stubborn souls can't seem to shake the other. There are still many trials to overcome, but this is the perfect conclusion to the wild ride that has become their romance.

If someone ever has to write the story of my life I hope A.R. Hadley would be willing to take on the job, she makes even the worst heartbreak sound so damn beautiful.
Tammy Deighan
Aug 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a story about waking up and realizing that life is still going on around you and you need to start going forward. Sad to loose a parent but sadder to watch someone walk away and not be in your life ever again. Age can be a problem but when everything seems right why say age is the problem. I thought this book showed all sides of what happens from choices we make in life and I really felt like I was right in the book going through the life as well.
A.R. Hadley
Jul 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
Cal and Annie have been with me for over four years! It's been quite an incredible journey! I'm ecstatic to announce that Continuum is live! The trilogy is now complete!

The South Beach Connection Trilogy:

BOOK 1 ✫★LANDSLIDE ➜ myBook.to/Landslide
BOOK 2 ✫★WANDERLUST ➜ getbook.at/SBCwanderlust
BOOK 3 ✫★CONTINUUM ➜ mybook.to/SBCcontinuum
BOOK 0.5 THE OCEAN IN HIS VEINS ➜ https://bit.ly/2rB0CA8

Loralie
Nov 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
The story continues of Annie and Cal. There's more poetry, more music, more passion. Life continues and there's loss and gain, love and death, joy and pain. It's like I'm watching this couple go through life and sometimes it's blissful and sometimes it's painful. It's great to have those you love around to help see that there can be beauty in the hard times, especially when you finally come through...that someone can be changed for the better.
Deborah Lane
Aug 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Well written, twisting storyline. Loved cal. But the overwhelming depression, heavy story line got on my nerves, Developed characters made this story even better. I just was overwhelmed with continuing depressive storyline, his mom's dementia, her mom's an idiot. , I hungered for a lightness of spirit which was so long in coming . Worthwhile read Recommended
Joleen Grace
Aug 13, 2018 rated it really liked it
At the beginning of the book I was mad at Cal. As it progressed, I felt a new respect with how he handled Annie. I went though the same thing as her so I felt a connection to what she endured. Their connection was strong and prevailed. Good book over all
Samantha Waldow
Aug 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is book 3 in the trilogy.  In this book we get to really know Cal. Cal leaves and needs space while taking care of his dying mom. Which wasn't a good time for annie. I enjoyed reading this series. This series was very emotional and had so many twist. But ends with a happily ever after.
LidiasChoice De Jager
Aug 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Cal and Annie continue to struggle through their own emotional issues. They find their way back to each other and realize they are better together than apart. I am still struggling with questions not answered, but can recommend this book.
A.R. Hadley writes imperfectly perfect sentences by the light of her iPhone.
She loves her husband.
Chocolate.
Her children.
And Cary Grant.
She annoys those darling little children by quoting lines from Back to the Future, but despite her knowledge of eighties and nineties pop culture, she was actually meant to live alongside the Lost Generation after the Great War and write a mediocre novel while

The South Beach Connection Trilogy (4 books)
  • The Ocean in His Veins (The South Beach Connection Trilogy, #0.5)
  • Landslide (The South Beach Connection Trilogy, #1)
  • Wanderlust (The South Beach Connection Trilogy, #2)