Start by marking “The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)” as Want to Read:
The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)

The Raven and the Dove

(The Raven and the Dove #1)

A princess longing to be free...

On the dawn of her courtship trials, Princess Lyana Aethionus knows she should be focused on winning her perfect mate, yet her thoughts wander to the open sky waiting at the edge of her floating kingdom. One final adventure calls. Upon fleeing the palace, the last thing she expects to find is a raven prince locked in a death match with a
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: March 9th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services LLC

To ask other readers questions about The Raven and the Dove, please sign up.
Kaitlyn Davis Thanks so much for your interest in my new novel, The Raven and the Dove! I don't want to give anything away, so all I'll say is that I'm a big fan of…moreThanks so much for your interest in my new novel, The Raven and the Dove! I don't want to give anything away, so all I'll say is that I'm a big fan of a HEA...but the characters need to work for it! ;)

This is the first book in a planned four book series. The second book will release in Summer 2020, the third in Fall 2020/Winter 2021, and the fourth in Spring/Summer 2021.

I hope that helps!(less)

Start your review of The Raven and the Dove (The Raven and the Dove, #1)
Nilufer Ozmekik
Jan 13, 2020 rated it really liked it
Okay, don’t cuff me even though I’m guilty as charged. I just looked at the cover of the book and pushed the request button without having any knowledge what this book was about, what the genre was, and what I was drinking at that time!

Yes, the cover was mesmerizing and hypnotizing gave me Alice in Wonderful effect. It whispered to my ear: ”Eat me”! Nope, wrong message. It said: “Choose me!” So I did and followed the rabbit. Guess what: there was no rabbit! My sister-in law resembled a rabbit
Jessi ♥️ H. Vojsk
Dec 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
The world will fracture, splinter in two,
One made of gray, the other of blue.
Beasts will emerge, filled with fury and scorn,
Fighting to recover what from their claws we have torn.
Two saviors will arise, one above, one below,
A king born in fire and a queen bred of snow.
Together they will heal that which we broke,
With magic and spirit, with mirrors and smoke.
But only on the day when the sky does fall,
Will be revealed the one who will save you all.

Story
A world full of feathers and wings,
Kaitlyn Davis
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
1/13/20 Update!

Yikes, I haven't updated this in so long! A lot has happened :) First off, the hard cover and paperback editions are now available to pre-order, woohoo! Here are some links:

Amazon | Barnes & Noble | Book Depository HC | Book Depository PB

description

If you'd like to see a video of what they look like, I posted one to my Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4-mF1GgtcJ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

And don't forget, if you live in the US and pre-order a copy, I have special goodies for you
NAT.orious reads ☽
2.5 raven-black STARS
This book is for you if… ... uhm well anybody got any idea what to put in here? I'm honestly at a loss of whom to recommend this to. TW: very steep cliff hanger.

Overall.
There's no way to disguise the fact that I did not enjoy this book. I had high hopes for it, was all in for falling head over heels for this YA fantasy romance. Wanna know what I actually felt like? I imagine (and hope) I looked a little something like this:

Bored but so cute that y'all can't possibly
♠ TABI ♠
Jan 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: netgalley
I gotta come clean: literally only requested this for the cover
Alexia | Right Writing Words
You can find this review on my blog: https://rww.home.blog/2019/12/08/the-...

Title: The Raven and the Dove

Author: Kaitlyn Davis

Release Date: 09 March 2020

Rating: 3.75 stars out of 5

To be honest, when I saw this arc on Netgalley, I didn’t think I would get it. It made my day when I got the notification that this arc was approved for me! I was so hyped to read this book; the cover was gorgeous, the story was intriguing, and most important of all:

The main characters had wings. And there were
Emma
Feb 01, 2020 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The ARC of this book was provided by the publisher and the author via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

I'm not gonna lie, at first I was interested in this book because I was drawn in by the beautiful cover. But then the plot sounded very intriguing and so I decided to request an ARC and I got approved!
I'm so glad to say this was such a nice read, it wasn't a 5-star read but it's definitely fully deserving of 4 stars in my opinion.

The retelling aspect of the story of Tristan and
arini ☆彡
Jan 11, 2020 marked it as to-read
i have absolutely no idea about the tale of tristan and isolde, but the cover makes this book too good to pass up. i mean, look at it. gah, it's divine!!

also, will this be the year that authors name their books after some animal totems?? e.g. serpent and dove, the raven and the dove, how about the birds and the bees??

(to be read)
Victoria Booklover
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
(Thank you Kaitlyn, for a copy through Netgalley!)

Okaaaay, so I definitely wasn’t prepared to care about this book by the end, but holy crap, it was so GOOD. I care. And I definitely will be reading the rest of this series, no questions.

Basically different houses (different courts) come together and chose mates who will rule the different kingdoms through a showing of strength and other various tasks. After meeting each other under dangerous but memorable circumstances, Lyana is set out to
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
I better be reading this day it comes out or I will cry. It sounds so good!
Patricia Crowther
Dec 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
4.5* - eARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for honest review.

I actually don’t have a whole lot to say other than that I really enjoyed it. It was a really easy read, a unique and interesting retelling of Tristan and Isolde. A love story. A betrayal. A tragedy. All as you would expect but all with a distinctive and compelling avian twist. The characters were likeable, the plot was intriguing and the pace was spot on, the pages literally flew by.

My only criticism, which is relatively minor in
Tiffany Miss.Fiction
Truth time. I requested this one because the cover made me laugh so hard. Rhysand and an average beautiful girl in a beautiful gown, I had to read that.
This book is not that bad but its not even good. Tristan and Isolde? Lamely.
It's so senselessly complicated, there's insta love thrown at your face, the romance is boring, the whole narrative looks so much like an infinite prologue of facts, things and introduction that it's all I hate in a fantasy book and if I ever read again the word MATE I'll
Maria Elena
I received an eARC of this book for my participation in the instagram cover reveal tour organized by MTMC Tours

When I read that this was a retelling of Tristan and Isolde perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas, I was immediately sold and signed up for the Instagram tour. Now that I’ve read it, I’m happy I followed that impulse, because I really enjoyed this story.

The worldbuilding was interesting and never info-dumped. I was immediately drawn to the world and had no trouble following the dynamics
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Fingers crossed this is good
Melinda
First of all, PLEASE tell me these is another book coming? Because it cannot end like that!

This is the best fantasy book I've read in so long!

Often in fantasy novels, there's a lot of world-building at the start before anything happens with the plot but I loved how The Raven and the Dove basically begins with action.

The story starts on the day of the courtship trials where the heirs from each of the seven houses compete in a series of trials during which matches - basically, arranged marriages -
{Laurel}
Nov 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arcs
So excited I got an ARC for this!
Annette
The moment I read the synopsis for this book on Netgalley I knew I had to have it. Even though I also knew this book was totally gonna break my heart. Into a million little pieces. Or at least, I hoped the book would do so. I like it when books do that. And yet, when I started reading and felt the disaster in the air, for a long time I couldn't get myself to read on. I already felt the pain before the heartbreaking scenes had started happening!

And I'd say that's a huge compliment for the book.
Asrar Lydia
Jan 21, 2020 rated it really liked it
I received an arc from Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I AM OBSESSED.
This book made me feel ALL THE FEELS

This book is well written and unique. The world is one of the coolest I’ve encountered, and the fact that the author came up with bird/human combinations is just mindblowing.

I loved the plot twists even though they had me screaming, and the author really knows how to get her readers emotionally invested! I just finished this book and I am in shock.

I NEED A SEQUEL ASAP! I will
Nargis  Kalani
"The world will fracture, splinter in two,
One made of gray, the other of blue,
Beasts will emerge, filled with fury and scorn,
Fighting to recover what from their claws we have torn."

First of all thank you so much Netgalley and Kaitlyn Davis for this E-ARC. Secondly, thanks to my book buddy Mahnoor who asked me to get this book on netgalley so we could buddy read. I read this book way too slowly though.

Initially, when I started this book I felt intrigued by the story because of that mysterious
Layla
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
shre ♡
Nov 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
[thank you to netgalley gods for the arc]

the cover looks absolutely spectacular so if the content disappoints me i just might cry.
Tânia
Do I love Tristan and Isolde? Yes. Do I love retellings? Yes. Do I love Sabaa Tahir and Leigh Bardugo? Yes. Am in love with this book? YES!!!!

Blog // Instagram // Twitter // Redbubble
Chloe Christine
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favourites
Oh my God. Kaitlyn Davis how could you do this. My heart. The shock. Please tell me there is a sequel, because that can't possibly be the end.

This book had me intrigued from the prologue. Friendship. Check. Chemistry. Check. Love. Check. Betrayal. Check. Action. Check. Brilliant world building and traditions. Check. Broken heart and anticipation for the sequel. Check.

This book was absolutely amazing. I read it in practically a day and each time I had to put it down I was itching to pick it back
Cait Jacobs (Caitsbooks)
Check out this review (and more) over on my blog!
Thank you to Netgalley and the author for an ARC in exchange for an honest review! All quotes are taken from the ARC and are subject to change.

Quick Stats:
Overall:
4.5/5 Stars
Characters: 4/5
Setting: 5/5
Writing: 4.5/5
Plot and Themes: 5/5
Awesomeness Factor: 5/5
Review in a Nutshell: The Raven and the Dove is full of loyalty, love, and betrayal. With a complex and fascinating world, this book will transport you into a classic tale of forbidden love
Amy (booksofmyshka)
Dec 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5 stars! Thank you netgalley for providing me with an arc of this book.
I loved it. I don't read a ton of YA fantasy anymore, but I'm glad I requested this book, because I enjoyed it so much. Little review without spoilers down below!

I was immediately into the story from the prologue on and the world was easy to understand (which is a big plus from me). I loved the characters, especially because one of the main characters reminded me of Will Herondale and he is my heart. The story is told from
Kathy - Books & Munches
Dec 28, 2019 marked it as earcs-tbr
Shelves: arc-s, releases-2020
> THAT COVER drew me in for real but

> the premise did all the rest? It sounds AWESOME? Half-brothers trading places? Forbidden magic? Oh, the dragon. Like, will there be more than one dragon please? And.. And.. *drool*
Elyse Alba
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Shizznet!!!! My mind is spinning right now! I read this in one sitting I couldn't put it down! This is a must must read!!! I already can't wait for the next one!!!
Mara YA Mood Reader
Dec 18, 2019 marked it as to-read
I thought that was Rhys on the cover. But I’m here for a Tristan and Isolde retelling!! (and of course if it says Raven or Crows I’m piquing)
Shannon (discoverelysian)
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: netgalley
Thank you NetGalley for giving me an e-ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review!

WHAT A SPECTACULAR READ WITH JAW-DROPPING WORLD AND MAGIC.

I was curious about this book when I found out about in on bookstagram. It actually managed to lure me in with its intriguing title and cover. But once I read the synopsis, I knew I had to read it!

The story and the writing were addicting, it only took a day for me to finish it. And holy heaven, the world was amazing! It's like I've ever read before.
Karla
Dec 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
RATING: 4/ 5 STARS

This is how you write a fairytale retelling ladies and gentlemen.

Raven and Dove is about star-crossed lovers, trials, courtship, brotherhood, fate, betrayal and A PROPHECY. If you are interested in all those themes you will be happily served with this book.

Plot In a land where crown princes and princesses from seven different houses have to be mated, the fate of Lyana Aethionus, crown princess collides with the fate of Lysander “Xander” Taethionus and his almost-identical
« previous 1 3 4 next »

• Of Curses and Kisses (St. Rosetta's Academy, #1)
  • Of Silver and Shadow
  • Beyond the Shadowed Earth
  • The Seventh Sun
  • Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • The Queen's Assassin (Queen's Secret, #1)
  • Wolf Gone Wild (Stay A Spell, #1)
  • Woven in Moonlight
  • Given
  • The Stars We Steal
  • Coral
  • A River of Royal Blood (A River of Royal Blood, #1)
  • Shielded (Shielded, #1)
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • They're Strictly Friends (Tough Love Spinoff, #1)
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • Blood Heir (Blood Heir Trilogy, #1)
  • Break Your Glass Slippers (You Are Your Own Fairy Tale, #1)
Kaitlyn Davis, a bestselling author with over a quarter of a million books sold, writes young adult fantasy novels under the name Kaitlyn Davis and contemporary romance novels under the name Kay Marie. Publisher's Weekly has said, "Davis writes with confidence and poise," while USA Today has recommended her work as "must-read romance."

To learn more about her contemporary romance novels, visit her

The Raven and the Dove (4 books)
  • The Hunter and the Mage (The Raven and the Dove, #2)
  • Untitled (The Raven and the Dove, #3)
  • Untitled (The Raven and the Dove, #4)