Start by marking “The Raven and the Dove” as Want to Read:
The Raven and the Dove

The Raven and the Dove

(The Raven and the Dove #1)

Four fates collide in this avian-inspired, epic fantasy retelling of Tristan and Isolde perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas, Sabaa Tahir, and Leigh Bardugo!

A princess longing to be free...

On the dawn of her courtship trials, Princess Lyana Aethionus knows she should be focused on winning her perfect mate, yet her thoughts wander to the open sky waiting at the edge of her
Kindle Edition
Expected publication: March 9th 2020 by Amazon Digital Services LLC (first published March 2020)

To ask other readers questions about The Raven and the Dove, please sign up.
Kaitlyn Davis Thanks so much for your interest in my new novel, The Raven and the Dove! I don't want to give anything away, so all I'll say is that I'm a big fan of…moreThanks so much for your interest in my new novel, The Raven and the Dove! I don't want to give anything away, so all I'll say is that I'm a big fan of a HEA...but the characters need to work for it! ;)

This is the first book in a planned four book series. The second book will release in Summer 2020, the third in Fall 2020/Winter 2021, and the fourth in Spring/Summer 2021.

I hope that helps!(less)

Start your review of The Raven and the Dove
Kaitlyn Davis
Oct 03, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  (Review from the author)
11/1/19 Update!

It's the cover reveal day!! I hope you all love it! We have an official on sale date: March 9, 2020 AND the ebook is now available to preorder on Amazon!

I'll have links to the hard cover and paperback editions soon if you'd prefer to grab a hardcopy! For now, I'll leave you with the pre-order giveaway full of exclusive goodies pictured below! Click here to learn more :)

description

***

I am SO EXCITED about this book!! I just posted an inspiration board for #IGWritersOct, so I thought I would
♠ Tabi ♠
Jan 16, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: netgalley
I gotta come clean: literally only requested this for the cover
Alexia | Right Writing Words
You can find this review on my blog: https://rww.home.blog/2019/12/08/the-...

Title: The Raven and the Dove

Author: Kaitlyn Davis

Release Date: 09 March 2020

Rating: 3.75 stars out of 5

To be honest, when I saw this arc on Netgalley, I didn’t think I would get it. It made my day when I got the notification that this arc was approved for me! I was so hyped to read this book; the cover was gorgeous, the story was intriguing, and most important of all:

The main characters had wings. And there were
♡ Dakota ♡ (Sarcasm is my middle name)
I better be reading this day it comes out or I will cry. It sounds so good!
Maria Elena
I received an eARC of this book for my participation in the instagram cover reveal tour organized by MTMC Tours

When I read that this was a retelling of Tristan and Isolde perfect for fans of Sarah J. Maas, I was immediately sold and signed up for the Instagram tour. Now that I’ve read it, I’m happy I followed that impulse, because I really enjoyed this story.

The worldbuilding was interesting and never info-dumped. I was immediately drawn to the world and had no trouble following the dynamics
Cindy ✩☽ Savage Queen ♔
Fingers crossed this is good
Melinda
First of all, PLEASE tell me these is another book coming? Because it cannot end like that!

This is the best fantasy book I've read in so long!

Often in fantasy novels, there's a lot of world-building at the start before anything happens with the plot but I loved how The Raven and the Dove basically begins with action.

The story starts on the day of the courtship trials where the heirs from each of the seven houses compete in a series of trials during which matches - basically, arranged marriages -
{Laurel}
Nov 11, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arcs
So excited I got an ARC for this!
𝒱𝒾𝒸𝓉𝑜𝓇𝒾𝒶
Okaaaay, so I definitely wasn’t prepared to care about this book by the end, but holy crap, it was so GOOD. I care. And I definitely will be reading the rest of this series, no questions.

Basically different houses (different courts) come together and chose mates who will rule the different kingdoms through a showing of strength and other various tasks. After meeting each other under dangerous but memorable circumstances, Lyana is set out to chose the prince of the House of a Whispers during the
Tânia
Do I love Tristan and Isolde? Yes. Do I love retellings? Yes. Do I love Sabaa Tahir and Leigh Bardugo? Yes. Am in love with this book? YES!!!!

Blog // Instagram // Twitter // Redbubble
shre ♡
Nov 07, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: arc
[thank you to netgalley gods for the arc]

the cover looks absolutely spectacular so if the content disappoints me i just might cry.
Chloe Christine
Nov 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Oh my God. Kaitlyn Davis how could you do this. My heart. The shock. Please tell me there is a sequel, because that can't possibly be the end.

This book had me intrigued from the prologue. Friendship. Check. Chemistry. Check. Love. Check. Betrayal. Check. Action. Check. Brilliant world building and traditions. Check. Broken heart and anticipation for the sequel. Check.

This book was absolutely amazing. I read it in practically a day and each time I had to put it down I was itching to pick it back
Samah (The Nerdy Blogger)
Nov 20, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc
actual rating: 4.5 stars
Expected publication: 09 Mar 2020

I was sent an eNetGally in exchange of an honest review, so thank you NetGalley and Kaitlyn Davis for my copy

Happiness and hardship would come and go, she was sure, but the chance to be seincere? To live authentically with her mate?
This was it -her one shot.
And she wouldn't go down without a fight

Summary
In the world above, avians believes they were given wings because the gods chose them and freed them from the wrath of their slavers,
Nov 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
This pure fantasy novel turned out to be a wonderful adventure. It is set in a fantastical avian world where a princess longs for the freedom to explore the world below her floating kingdom and an outcast of soiled royal blood longs to fully belong to,and be loved by, his brethren. It seems that fate has brought them together only to tear them apart as duty, deception, betrayal and a hidden force thousands of miles below them conspire to break apart all of reality.

I will admit it took me a
Shannon (discoverelysian)
Nov 29, 2019 rated it really liked it
Thank you NetGalley for giving me an e-ARC of this book in exchange for an honest review!

WHAT A SPECTACULAR READ WITH JAW-DROPPING WORLD AND MAGIC.

I was curious about this book when I found out about in on bookstagram. It actually managed to lure me in with its intriguing title and cover. But once I read the synopsis, I knew I had to read it!

The story and the writing were addicting, it only took a day for me to finish it. And holy heaven, the world was amazing! It's like I've ever read before.
Joanna Bennett
Nov 08, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5

That ending was heartbreaking and I am not okay!

Full Review to Come.
Elyse Alba
Nov 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Holy Shizznet!!!! My mind is spinning right now! I read this in one sitting I couldn't put it down! This is a must must read!!! I already can't wait for the next one!!!
Monica Khan (books_over_everything)
Nov 16, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2019
**Disclaimer: I was given a free e-book in exchange for an honest review from the author via NetGalley.**

Title The Raven and the Dove

Author Kaitlyn Davis

Release Date March 9, 2020

Description from Amazon

A princess longing to be free…

Mahnoor  Waqas (she.reads.too.much)
I was provided with an ARC of this book by Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

This book comes out on 9th March, 2020.

The most important aspect of a book is the beginning and sadly I almost stopped reading because the world didn't grab my attention. It had the promise of the same old elements: a forced courtship, two people from different lands, a best friend whose character was built just to support the main character. But gradually, the pace picks up and I found myself invested in the
Samantha Diaz
Nov 17, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The book starts off right in the action and I couldn’t stop reading from there. The world building is beyond incredible! Davis doesn’t just write like a pro. It’s like she’s actually writing you into the story. That is how descriptive the setting and characters are – like they are right there in front of you

There are dragons in this story! Dragons! What more could a fantasy lover ask for? However, one thing about the dragons that did confuse me was the role they play in this world. Why are these
Staci Campbell
Dec 04, 2019 rated it really liked it
Synopsis:

A princess longing to be free...

On the dawn of her courtship trials, Princess Lyana Aethionus knows she should be focused on winning her perfect mate, yet her thoughts wander to the open sky at the edge of her floating kingdom. One final adventure calls. Upon fleeing the palace, the last thing she expects to find is a raven prince locked in a death match with a dragon.

A bastard aching to belong...

Reviled son of a dead king, Rafe would do anything for his beloved half-brother, Prince
Debora
Nov 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing
4.5

I absolutely adored this book. I would recommend this to any fantasy reader who's looking for a angsty romance with a bigger plot starting to bubble to the surface. Thank you so much to Kaitlyn Davis and NetGalley for the eARC and the opportunity to read and review this.

The story is so simple but intriguing from page one. A good part of this intrigue is owed to the world building and mythos of this fantasy book. One thing that always sucks me in, in any fantasy series, is a polytheistic
Cailin | Whiskers & Ink
This book was amazing and yet a bit frustrating at the same time. A fantasy retelling of Tristan and Isolde, the book showcases an intricate bird/human hybrid culture, a prophecy, and a forbidden romance between two characters.

Some of the pros of this book in my opinion and strong pros at that were the world-building and the beautifully described scenes. One of my favorite scenes in the entire book was the opening day of the mating rituals when all the different bird clans entered the castle
Brittany
Dec 06, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Thank you to Netgalley and Kaitlyn Davis for this ARC!

All in all, this was a pretty good read! Not perfect, but I did enjoy it quite a bit. I think there was a good amount of world building... not so much that you are overwhelmed but still enough to feel immersed. Perfect balance for a fantasy novel.

Perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I didn’t really care for Lyana or Rafe. Their characters were a little boring and predictable. Xander and Cassi, however, were far more interesting. Xander’s
Erica (storybookend)
𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘤𝘦𝘪𝘷𝘦𝘥 𝘢𝘯 𝘦-𝘢𝘳𝘤 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘕𝘦𝘵𝘨𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘦𝘺 𝘪𝘯 𝘦𝘹𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘯𝘨𝘦 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘢𝘯 𝘩𝘰𝘯𝘦𝘴𝘵 𝘳𝘦𝘷𝘪𝘦𝘸.

𝗜’𝗺 𝗺𝘆𝘀𝘁𝗶𝗳𝗶𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸. It was definitely not what I was expecting. I was thinking it would have more adventure, and less of the courtship trials that was mentioned in the synopsis. But half the book was devoted to the courtship trials. So to me, 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘀𝘆𝗻𝗼𝗽𝘀𝗶𝘀 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗾𝘂𝗶𝘁𝗲 𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴.

The synopsis says she flees the palace, which to me says she’s escaping and won’t be coming back. But that is not what happens!

And then part of the
Pallavi
Nov 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing
RATING: 5/5 STARS

Wow, guys--this book really was a dark horse. Having read nothing by this author previously, I wasn't expected to be blown away. But I was enthralled by the storyline and characters, and hooked all the way to the shocking ending. What I most loved about THE RAVEN AND THE DOVE was Kaitlyn Davis' writing. Her descriptions are so magical. The way she weaves together words is comparable to Stephanie Garber and Cassandra Clare, whose writing styles I absolutely adore.

Davis does an
Nicole
Nov 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Magic is seen as evil and those who have it are killed or keep it hidden. Love between mates does not usually exist, for it is mostly an arrangement even though the trials dictate who gets first choice, but things are always predetermined behind closed doors. Princess Lyana Aethionus of the Dove House, always does what she wants and cannot help but recognize a kindred spirit in the Raven prince, who is more than he seems, After healing him from a dragon, Lyana knows he is the one for her, yet it ...more
Siobhán
Dec 07, 2019 rated it it was ok
*I received an ARC via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. Thanks for the free book.*

"The Raven and the Dove" is a very loose Tristan & Isolde retelling in a fantastic setting with humanoid birds or birdy humanoids? There are wings & doves & ravens.

Anyway. The story. Every generation, the princesses and princes of the ruling houses are mated to each other in a ritual. The evening before this starts, Lyana saves Rafe from a dragon and nurses him back to health. She thinks him
Layla
Dec 02, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Alice Moon
Dec 09, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is the kind of book that I would buy just for the cover. The art is really beautiful and it makes you curious about the story. And reading the book I can say that I wouldn't be disappointed. I really loved the plot. It's interesting the idea of people combine with birds and how they became like this.

The world building is amazing. It's something new and hopefully we will find out about every realm not just for the doves and the ravens. At the beginning you can find a map that helps to

• Ruthless Gods (Something Dark and Holy, #2)
  • Everafter Song (The Evermore Chronicles #3)
  • The Will and the Wilds
  • The Guinevere Deception (Camelot Rising, #1)
  • Tweet Cute
  • Crown of Coral and Pearl (Crown of Coral and Pearl, #1)
  • The Sphere of Infinity
  • Twisted Twenty-Six (Stephanie Plum, #26)
  • The Fowl Twins
  • Royal Holiday (The Wedding Date, #4)
  • Winterwood
  • Crown of Feathers (Crown of Feathers, #1)
  • Realm of Knights (Knights of the Realm, #1)
  • Darkdawn (The Nevernight Chronicle, #3)
  • Beautiful Secret (Beautiful Bastard, #4)
  • The Second Home
  • The Body in the Garden (Lily Adler Mystery #1)
  • The Bromance Book Club (Bromance Book Club, #1)
Kaitlyn Davis, a bestselling author with over a quarter of a million books sold, writes young adult fantasy novels under the name Kaitlyn Davis and contemporary romance novels under the name Kay Marie. Publisher's Weekly has said, "Davis writes with confidence and poise," while USA Today has recommended her work as "must-read romance."

To learn more about her contemporary romance novels, visit her

The Raven and the Dove (4 books)
  • Untitled (The Raven and the Dove, #2)
  • Untitled (The Raven and the Dove, #3)
  • Untitled (The Raven and the Dove, #4)