Start by marking “When the Pain is Gone (A Powerless World #3)” as Want to Read:
When the Pain is Gone (A Powerless World #3)

When the Pain is Gone

(A Powerless World #3)

They thought they were safe, somewhat hidden from the world. They were wrong.

They thought they knew how to protect themselves and each other. They were wrong again.

In the blink of an eye, they lost people, good people, who were trying to help others. When the evil outside the farm finds its way in, how will they react? Will they hide themselves away, or join in the fig
Paperback
Published November 3rd 2017 by Vulpine Press

To ask other readers questions about When the Pain is Gone, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about When the Pain is Gone

Start your review of When the Pain is Gone (A Powerless World #3)
Cheryl
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sad It's Over

Wonderful finish to this story. Spoiler alert rtf. You will cry. What a talented author and I will anxiously await the next series.
Valerie
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Good story

Interesting story though a bit confusing in spots in regards to the timeline & what happened when. Good wrap up to the trilogy .
Uncle  Dave Avis
Nov 09, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This was a very satisfying conclusion to a very enjoyable series. I look forward to more works from this excellent wordcrafter. Good Job !
Debbie Poole
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When the pain is gone

I read all these books and loved them, loved the characters, there were tears and laughter,keep writing p.a glaspy. You say your not a author your dead wrong .l for one will read anything you write. Well-done!!!
Connie Nealy
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Incredible

This is such an amazing story of how people come together to form a family to survive an EMP. I believe that it is something that could happen. It is so real that at one point I caught myself thinking I need to use this sparingly because we probably won’t have it much longer. Glaspy’s narrative brings all of this to life. The characters are so believable and so endearing. If there ever is an EMP these are the people I want to be with.
Pamela Blackwell
Enjoyed

I enjoyed this 3 book series. Keep on writing and I will keep on reading your works. Don't give up.
Pam Shelton-Anderson
This was a great conclusion to an excellent series. This last book had a lot of action as well as a lot of character growth, especially in the town. The epilogue concludes all of this extremely well. Well done!
Kayelle
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I love the way that P.A. writes.

It's a book that once you start you wont put it down and it'll have you crying with the ending.
I reread the entire series in the lead up to the release of the last book and it's well worth rereading again.
ashley ramos
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good read

Honest but not overly gritty. I enjoyed the characters. Would have liked to see a little more depth into common struggles.
Karen Dolan
Apr 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Really enjoyable

I truly loved this prepper series, my favorite, by far of all the apocalypse books i have read. The characters are well developed, and you will anxiously read to discover their next trials and tribulations. Highly recommend!
Bernie
Feb 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
When the Pain is Gone is the third excellent post apocalyptic book in the Powerless World series written by author P. A. Glaspy.
Peggy Pancherz
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Good book

Read all of the books in order to really enjoy. Characters are realistic and get better and better. Storyline continues to grow and develop.
Margaret Newton
Apr 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

Love this series. Just the right length to keep me going and the plot is great. The information in the book is a valuable asset
Robbie Fowler
Feb 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A thought-provoking saga

I really enjoyed this series! It was well thought out and the characters were human. Looking forward to a new series, P A Glaspy!
Barbara Stewart
Jan 28, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome

Loved the whole series and can honestly say the ending of this book was the best ending of any apocalyptic fiction I've read so far. Can't wait to see the next from P. A. Glaspy.
Tammy L Petty
Dec 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series

You know a book is good when it evokes emotional reactions from the reader. This series got a full range of emotions from me.
Jennifer Mikeska
Couldn't sleep because of this series !!

I've read a few prepper books but this series .. I absolutely could not shake it. The realism .. the what if and what WOULD we do ?? I have truly started considering becoming a prepper now. Loved this. Loved it a lot !
Patty Mitchell
Apr 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: p-a-glaspy
(A Powerless World Series) So I loved the story in this set of books. I am so thankful for the Epilogue and how well P.A. Glaspy wrapped it up in a perfect bow. I look forward to reading any and all of her books.
Val Shaw
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Fantastic!

Oh how I love this series! It is my absolute favorite out of the prepper fiction because of the sense of Godly people and how they come together. So many of the others just focus on violence and war which gets really old. Yes, those things will happen, just like they do in this series but mostly it will be about people choosing good over evil and finding a way to survive. Thank you for this wonderful series. I'm so looking forward to the next one!
Brenda B
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Power

We don't know what we have till its gone. I really enjoyed the series, the people were realistic and I loved every moment of them. My only complaint ? In between waiting on the 3rd book, I got to reading other books, lost track so when I got back around to it,I had forgotten so much about who they were, what had happened. I have done this on many series books. But read them all three are here now,and they are very exciting and human.
Benita M. Williams
great read

E book and series was well put together, kept me wanting more, ssd its done. So wheres the next book?
Krisaundra
Apr 11, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great Series

When I first came across this series only books 1 & 2 had been written and then I guess I stopped watching for the last book to come out. Quite by accident I came across the series again and decided to read the first 2 books again in hopes of getting the best I could out of not only this final novel but the entire series. I'm so glad I did! It was great to get reacquainted with a wonderful menagerie of characters and see where their adventures took them. A truly enjoyable series
Vicky Rowe
Jan 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A page turner!

The author has put together a fast moving tale that keeps you glued to the pages until the last second. I cheered, I cried, and I boiled in anger. Keep writing!
lj cassity
Dec 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Awesome series!

It's been a while since I read a series that pulled at all my emotions. This did! Telling a story of a post apocalyptic world from the perspective of a wife and mother was genus! Keep writing!
Susan Chatham
Apr 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great Series

Read every book & enjoyed very much. Sad 2 c it end...or did it? Guess I will have 2 wait & c.
linda hawkins
Mar 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Great series

This series of books is awesome. With characters you grow to love like Milly and Malcolm. I read the authors notes at the end of the book and have to tell the writer it might be important to research but don't let your storyline suffer for it. I think your books have wonderful characters and the storyline has heart. This is a work of fiction and meant to entertain and it certainly does that.
Billie Kretzschmar
The End

This has been a great series with promises of another series to come down the road. I'm really bad at reviews because I'm always afraid I'll give something away. There were definitely a few surprises - some good and some bad. Such is life. Don't miss this series.
Brian
Jan 22, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: finished
An excellent read by an excellent author, entertaining & informative

This is the 3rd & final book of the series. While the books describe their new world following an EMP they also have actual tips on survival after an event. Doesn’t matter if it means being homeless for a few days or for months, some kind of event will happen. It’s not ‘IF’ but “WHEN” something, great or small, happens. New Orleans, Hurricane Katrina clearly demonstrated that the government will very likely not be there
mary rankin
Sep 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Gripping story!

This 3rd book was hard for me to finish. I was so afraid that the bad guys would win, that the ending would be a terrible cliffhanger. Well, the ending was good, bad things happened but the epilogue tied up all the loose ends very nicely.
I have gotten on this pepper kick, don't quite know how. I'm glad I did. This is the first author that has stressed the hygiene factors. The emotional factors. Mainly, I suppose, because the author is female. Men just don't write about th
Cynthia S Bonczynski
I hate that this is the end!

Over her three books , in this series, you get to know and love most of the characters. This doesn't always happen, but it's true of this series. I actually cried over some parts in this book and that's not an easy thing for me. Great lessons, believable situations, lovable characters, action, and adventure all in three books that are worth way more than she asks for them.

• Premonitions: Book 1: The Farm
  • Premonitions: Book 2: War
  • Undefeated World (The EMP Survivor Series #5)
  • FACING UNFAMILIAR GROUND : an EMP survival story (The Hidden Survivor Book 3)
  • Descent Into Darkness (American Apocalypse #2)
  • American Survivor (American Apocalypse #1)
  • Allison's Secret
  • We Won't Go Quietly: A Family's Struggle to Survive in a World Devolved (Book Three of the What's Left of My World Series)
  • Opus Odyssey: A Survival and Preparedness Story (One Man's Opus Book 2)
  • Resistance: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival series (Dark Road Book 3)
  • Breakdown (Dark Road Book 1)
  • Escape: A Post-Apocalyptic Survival series (Dark Road Book 2)
  • Blackout: Still Surviving (Still Surviving #1)
  • THE HIDDEN SURVIVOR: an EMP survival story
  • Final Chaos (Surviving #1)
  • UNLAWFUL RESTRAINT: an EMP survival story (The Hidden Survivor Book 2)
  • Opus Adventure: A Survival and Preparedness Story (One Man's Opus Book 3)
  • The Accord: Post Apocalyptic Woman (Allison's Secret Book 2)

A Powerless World (3 books)
  • When the Power Is Gone (A Powerless World #1)
  • When the Peace Is Gone (A Powerless World #2)
“Four walls and a roof. Without a family in it that’s all it is. Home is where your heart is, where your loved ones are.” 0 likes