Start by marking “Some Say Love (Hope #3)” as Want to Read:
Some Say Love (Hope #3)

Some Say Love

(Hope #3)

Do you believe in second chances?

You will…

When Jenna Davis lost the love of her life, she had no plans to ever find someone to fill that void. In fact, just going on with life was tough enough. However, meeting Scott Browning on Flight 259 changed that for Jenna in a big way. Unfortunately, moving on is not as easy as everyone seems to think it should be. Add a mother
Published January 23rd 2018

To ask other readers questions about Some Say Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Some Say Love

Start your review of Some Say Love (Hope #3)
Coco.V
Sep 06, 2019 marked it as to-read
Shelves: freebie
🎁 FREE on Amazon today (9/6/2019)! 🎁
Phyllis
Jan 31, 2018 rated it really liked it
Some Say Love is a tender story about learning about what love truly is, and how to overcome grief.  Author Staci Stallings has taken a very difficult subject and turned it into an emotional account.

Jenna was an amazing woman.  Despite her grief, she loved deeply and well, pouring herself out for those she came into contact with.  Though he didn't have the same grief to deal with that she did, Scott was probably more broken.  The way he determined to learn what love truly is and how to help Jenn
Darlene Riggs
Feb 19, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Book3: Wrapping up a wonderful series with hope!

Things I liked (many repeated from prior book reviews):
1) Faith based story that educates navigating through the grieving process as well as being an entertaining story of hope and romance.
2) Amazing characters.
3) The author does not rush the story.
4) A journey of what genuine love looks like, not “chicken love” (what truly loving someone else really means).
5) Genealogy is not what makes a family.
6) Golden nuggets of truth throughout.
7) This book i
Pam
May 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Some Say Love: A Contemporary Christian Romance Novel: The Hope Series Book 3 is by Staci Stallings. This last book in this series really dwells on the stages of grief and how different people grieve differently. It also shows how grief in different situations can also be combines with PTSD. In this book, Jenna is dealing with the violent deaths of her husband, daughter, and Father in a horrific car accident that she witnessed as well as a plane crash in which she saved Scott Browning and his so ...more
Beyond The Covers Blog
Feb 01, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: krysten
It's very rare when you I read a book puts me in my feelings but this book right here did that and more! Jenna and Scott had me thinking about my life, there were parts in this book that had me really asking myself have you ever done that? Or have you ever really felt this?
This book tells the story of Jenna and Scott and what its like when youre idea of what love is, is totally changed by the people you come into contact with and the people who choice to stay with you on your boat and doesn't j
J. Florence
Nov 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
This was a good book about Jenna and Scott and their love for each other.

Jenna had lost her husband, daughter and her father in a car wreck that she witnessed. Scott had also lost his wife.

Jenna had a wonderful loving family that would do anything to help her, but it took Scott with his new relationship with God to help her to get the through the things she really needed to face.

This book is about two people that not only found a good relationship with each other, but with God also. I loved the
Mary Manson
Jun 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One of my Favorite Authors

I read every book I can by Staci Stallings. She writes about real life experiences and does it with honesty, grace and truth. This book was so realistic that it was difficult to get through at times. I had to put it down a couple of times and step away to let the words from the book settle into my mind and heart. The book deals with grief after losing a loved one and is beautifully written. It is written from a Christian perspective and is explained in graceful, honest
Teresa Nasson
Oct 31, 2019 rated it it was ok
Shelves: dnf
Eager to get some progress on my 2019 reading challenge, I struggled to find a book exceeding 500 pages in length. Then I came across Staci Stallings. Some Say Love is a story about two people who have both lost loved ones and is finding their way together in a new relationship, not with only themselves, but a new relationship with God and learning what the Bible teaches about marriage and love.

I really enjoyed the meetings that Scott had with his pastor earlier in the book. He had good advice t
Ellen White
Mar 08, 2018 rated it really liked it
This carries over from book 1 and 2.Jenna, the shell around her grief is breaking, she still needs time to grieve. Scott to be there for her, to support her and to listen. Scott and his son are still planning on moving there. She finally tells Scott, about the time when her father died, her mother and secrets. Jenna may appear fragile, but she had a lot on her shoulders. This was a strong plot, about having to much to deal with, and how with a strong love for Scott and Lane she was able to break ...more
Reading Wahine
Jan 27, 2018 rated it really liked it
Great ending to a beautiful series.

Well I definitely cried and it was so cool to see Scott and Jenna’s transformation. Still loved having all of the biblical teachings. I found myself skimming and skipping many parts this time. I felt some parts were more drawn out than necessary and that’s why I rated it a 4 instead of 5 stars. Otherwise I’m glad to see them finally get their happily ever after.
Pat Allen
Jul 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this series

The first book of the three was free. What a gift! Loved it. Bought the next two. Beautifully written. Can't recommend them enough. May not be everybody's choice but I enjoyed the well-constructed story, the sensitivity of dealing with difficuly issues like grief and living lives pleasing to the Lord. It was real with conflicts and tears and joy. Read them all!
Martha
Mar 20, 2018 rated it really liked it
This was a deep book. It is fiction, but I found myself underlining some of the quotes from the non-fiction portions as well as the advice the pastor gave him.
I think it showed so clearly the healing and struggles someone would face that was healing from grief as well as falling in love again after loss.

Great book!
Lori Norris
Jun 01, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Blessed

I am so blessed that Book Bub had this book as a recommendation. You see, I needed to read this series. It taught me so much, even though I have been married 40+ years. I would suggest this book to any Christian or not to read who is wondering why life has to be so hard. Thank you Stacy for keeping it real.
Jenn
Sep 28, 2019 rated it really liked it
Deep book

This is one of those books that helps guide you even without realizing it. I really enjoyed the story even if it seems to drag a bit at times. It’s a very well written book and grief, pain, and creating a new normal. Since I haven’t read the other books in this series, it took some time to put together a few of the assumed pieces. Great advice book.
Linda Dennett
Feb 01, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Christian story well done. Followed from loss to new beginning of new family of love. God takes hold of so many in this story. A joyful ending of a new beginning.

A wonderful story of Gods love . Degradation to joy. Thankfull for friends family and forgive. How God works to heal and renew our hearts.
Marilyn Burrows
Feb 21, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Not enough stars, as this book is so good

This author outdid herself. It’s hard to explain pain, loss, grief The advice was phenomenal. I couldn’t lay this book down. It seems easy, until it’s you going thru life’s journey. Seeking real sources and practicing communication was difficult. Giving love to others pulls us away from ourselves
Margaret Nelson
Feb 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
You definitely want to read books 1 & 2 in this series first. And you need to know this is not a quick, easy read with all the problems getting resolved in a few chapters. It's worth hanging in there, however! Stallings has a lot of excellent information woven into the story on dealing with grief and depression, and what true love really is. There is much more hope in this book than in #2. The characters are real, and the long process of resolving issues is true to real life. ...more
Mary Ann
May 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
Besides being the en of a 3 book series, for me this book had an emphasis on grieving and the different levels individuals experience. The other truth I brought from reading this was the greater importance that a marriage should be a threesome with God being the leader.
Joyce Jones
Jun 11, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A real read

Thank you for a real book to read. The entire series was worth every moment it took. Thank you for Godly, helpful answers to horrible situations. And thank you for a real character in Janis. Some people do refuse to get it.
Stella Patrick
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent Read

What a perfect ending to a beautiful love story. Both Scott and Jenna learned, loved, cried, loved, and grew so much in this third segment. Maybe one day Staci will have reunion for an anniversary of Scott and Jenna's _ wouldn't that be awesome?
Lavera G Beaudoin
Sep 09, 2019 rated it really liked it
Some Say Love

The characters were filled with grief, guilt and helplessness. They foun
d people to love but in doing so they had to get rid and deal with the reasons
for their feelings. This was a very entertaining and spiritually motivating read.
Karen Harper
Sep 14, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Wow!!

What an amazing book about love and grief. Some parts make you sad and cry and then the love story makes you smile. A lot of wonderful Christian insight into !of e and life. Enjoyed
Wayne McKirdy
Sep 15, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I'm a long time fan of Staci Stallings: I'm a long time preacher: Wow, I didn't know Staci was a pastor. She worked some of the bests short sermons and grief counseling into this very interesting romantic novel. Thank you Staci. ...more
Linda Deutmeyer
Oct 05, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shattered Lives Mended

Jenna and Scott were both married before. Jenna's husband, daughter, and Father died and Scott 's first marriage did not work out. Shattered Lives found strength with God and friends helping them heal. Very worth reading.
Anne-Marie Webster
Nov 18, 2019 rated it liked it
Good, clean story

A hopeful and inspiring story of overcoming great losses and moving forward. The author provides some truthful insights to dealing with grief and trauma. The pace and tone of the story is perhaps best suited to young adults.
Rhoadena Johnson
Feb 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
God is with us even when we feel alone! This is a MUST READ!

Wow! What a mass of family issues Jenna and Scott had to go through. So much grief. So many misunderstandings. I am going to search for a paper copy of this book to share with folks who are suffering loss.
JunePerez
Jul 26, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Love Never Fails

This book was somewhat hard to read in parts of it. Jenna’s struggles were so difficult, but God’s type of love never fails whether it be in marriage or in our relationships with others on a daily basis. I Corinthians 13
Mary Davidson
Mar 06, 2021 rated it it was amazing
Dealing with grief

The author does a very insightful job of how to deal with grief after tragic loss. People deal with grief individually. Understanding these different ways is shown in various stages.
Janette
Mar 12, 2018 rated it really liked it
I loved how Scott was willing to find a way to understand what what Jenna was going through and how he could understand and help her.
Robert Brunner
Jun 19, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Movie worthy

I really enjoyed this story. Now I would love to see a movie about this. Talk about an attention getter.

• A Heart's Yearning: Hearts of Willow Creek (Romancing the West: Cowboys of Coulee Crossing #5)
  • Forever After (Hanover Falls Series #2)
  • Within This Circle (A Vow to Cherish, #2)
  • A Doctor's Promise (Lifeline Air Rescue #1)
  • A Cowboy's Reunion (Family Ties, #1)
  • Refuge at Pine Lake (Pine Haven)
  • Expired Refuge (Last Chance County #1)
  • Safe In His Arms (Life Unexpected #1)
  • Herb of Grace: Amish Romance (The Whinburg Township Amish Book 4)
  • All of You (Carrington Family #2)
  • Ribbon of Years
  • Help Me, Hold Me (Full Heart Ranch #5)
  • Insight
  • After the Rains (The Camfield Legacy #2)
  • Perilous Treasure (Jack Turner Suspense, #4)
  • Over the Waters
  • Secondhand Secrets (Miss Main Street #1)
  • Above All Things
A stay-at-home mom with a husband, three kids and a writing addiction on the side, Staci Stallings has numerous titles for readers to choose from. Not content to stay in one genre and write it to death, Staci’s stories run the gamut from young adult to adult, from motivational and inspirational to full-out Christian and back again. Every title is a new adventure! That’s what keeps Staci writing an ...more

Hope (3 books)
  • Flight 259 (Hope #1)
  • A Time to Love (Hope #2)

News & Interviews

“takes commitment and communication, and mostly, it takes character. You have to become a warrior. You have to learn to give more than you feel like you’re getting, love more than you feel like you’re being loved, talk about the stuff that freaks you out, and keep going when every rational sign says you should just give up, quit, and go home. That is being in a relationship. That is love.” 0 likes