Start by marking “Between You & Me” as Want to Read:
Between You & Me

Between You & Me

4.13  ·  Rating details ·  2,212 Ratings  ·  346 Reviews
Deep within the peaceful heart of Amish country, a life-or-death emergency shatters a quiet world to its core. Number-one New York Times bestselling author Susan Wiggs delivers a riveting story that challenges our deepest-held beliefs.

Caught between two worlds, Caleb Stoltz is bound by a deathbed promise to raise his orphaned niece and nephew in Middle Grove, where life re
Published June 26th 2018 by William Morrow

Debra
May 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Susan Wiggs writes about family, community, love, and tackles real life issues in the process.

Caleb Stoltz vowed to take care of his dying brother's two children. This meant he had to return to his Amish roots and raise them within the Amish community in Middle Grove, Pennsylvania. Years earlier, Caleb had left the Amish way of life to attend community college and chase his dreams. He works hard on his farm and enjoys life with his niece and nephew and seldom thinks about his life outside of the
katwiththehat
Jul 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: library-2
This was a sweet romance about an Amish man whose nephew is injured in a terrible accident and needs extensive medical treatment, and the doctor he meets at the hospital. Caleb and Reese were great characters, both people who’d never quite fit in with their communities. I really enjoyed the development of the relationships with the side characters as well. It was a well-fleshed out world.

Please excuse typos/name misspellings. Entered on screen reader.
Amy
Jul 13, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: physical-arcs
4.5/5

Is anyone else fascinated by the Amish faith and their culture in general? There’s something about their simplistic way of life and strong ties to family and their community that never fails to capture my attention. Naturally, I loved the premise for this, an Amish is family forced to enter the English world when tragedy strikes and their encounter with a young doctor has the power to change all of them forever, doesn’t that sound great?! Spoiler alert, it was amazing!

Wiggs has that uncanny
Anna
Aug 25, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Caleb Stoltz had a taste of the"English" world, but was drawn back to the Amish community he was raised in when he made a death bed commitment to his brother after his brother and his wife where brutally murdered. He agreed to raise his neice, Hannah, and nephew, Jonah, in the Amish ways and has kept his promise faithfully. But when a tragic accident occurs and Jonah must be care flighted to a trauma hospital in Philadelphia, he is thrust into a modern world outside of the culture he is accustom ...more
Sherri Thacker
This is my 3rd book by Susan Wiggs and I’ve loved her other 2 books as well. It’s a really nice story, getting me away from the psychological thrillers I’ve been drawn to lately. When reading this book, I kept thinking of all of the Amish books written by Linda Castillo. I do love her too! This a great feel good book by Susan Wiggs.
Myrna
Aug 06, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: audiobooks
This is the first book that I have read by Susan Wiggs. She wrote an entertaining story with romance, a bit of suspense, and secrets. It was predictable, but a fun, quick read. An enjoyable read for vacations and beaches. 3.5★s!
Jamie Rosenblit
Aug 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Recommended to Jamie Rosenblit by: Amy
Fascinating story about the Amish community and the impact of interacting with outside society. Audio version was well done.
Charlotte
Apr 17, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: giveaways
This is a GoodReads giveaway win.
This book is just beautiful and inspirational and sad. Caleb lives in a small, strict Amish community in Middle Grove. He lives with his father, Hannah, his niece and Jonah, his nephew. The author often has Caleb tell about some great tragedy in the first several chapters and that keep me reading. Asa, Caleb's father was abusive. Caleb's mom left when him and his brother, John where very young. His brother and sister-in-law died, which is why Hannah and Jonah liv
(Tori-Smexybooks) smexys_sidekick
A charming story that speaks of love, loss, hope, and the family.

Grade: B+

Susan Wiggs celebrates the love, loss, hope, and family in her newest release of a man and women who meet under terrible circumstances and through that forge a bond that strengthens while eventually forcing them apart. Emotionally honest and poignant with a delightful thread of humor running through it, Between you and Me introduces us to Caleb Stolz and Dr. Reese Strauss. Told in alternating POVs, Wiggs builds a sweet and
Susan
Whoever wrote the book blurb should be fired, because the plot summary is very misleading. This is a solid contemporary romance between a Big City doctor-in-training and a Small Town not-quite-fully-Amish hunk who meet when the hunk's nephew is badly injured. Despite the impossibility of the relationship, they fall in love, dealing with strong cultural and family expectations on both sides. I had a hard time believing that a fourth year medical student could have so much free time to spend going ...more
Asheley
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing
4.5/5

Between You and Me by Susan Wiggs has been my most anticipated book release for this summer season. I just couldn’t wait for it because I love Susan Wiggs’ books so completely and I also tend to really love stories about the Amish community and interesting Amish characters. I feel like the collective Amish community is sort of its own character here, and completely fascinating, but this story really features Caleb and Reese, the unlikely intersection of their very different lives, and how i
Susan Peterson
Jul 15, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This book is brimming with emotions...love, faith, dreams, disappointments, hope. From the very first page of the prologue I was enraptured by this story. Reece and Caleb are two people whose paths were never likely to cross, until a tragic accident brings Caleb from his Amish community to Reece’s modern, fast-paced world. I loved watching their relationship develop, first as friends, and then slowly into something deeper and wonderful....but how do they overcome their differences and the intrus ...more
Donna Hines
Fascinating inner dialogue on the Amish, beliefs, culture, value, and traditions.
Susan Wiggs develops a situation about a young man who becomes an amputee after a terrible farming accident while facing the Amish Ordnung and everything it incorporates.
Caleb Stoltz our main character is a strong armed and determined individual taking on so much after the death of his family members in raising his niece and nephew to the best of his ability.
What readers don't know is that is a 'partial truth' as so
Sharlene
Jun 30, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Absolutely one of the best books I have ever read. All the feels and the characters are amazing. I did not want this one to end and tears of joy at the ending. Many 5 stars for it.
steph
I liked the first half of the book better than the second half. I really wasn't a fan of (view spoiler).

All the characters were fully fleshed out and real, I just didn't like the plot lines at the end.
Kirsten
This is my first book by this author. It's not a typical romance. I would call it more of a chick lit, almost a Jodi Picoult type book.

I liked this book, but not as much as I thought I would. (Sometimes these angsty books just don't do it for me.) Caleb is sorta Amish, Reese is an overworked, hard-driven medical resident whose parents run her life.

The story is good and I was very interested in what happened with Caleb's nephew and niece and whether or not he'd hit his dad.

I'm a Christian, but
Regan
Jul 04, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Ten year old Jonah Stoltz may have started to dream of the life he would want, but a tragic accident has cut short the chance for those dreams. Reese Powell has buried any dreams she may have had. Caleb Stoltz had dreams that in a split second came to an end. Yet in a moment of shock and tragedy these three people may have a chance to find new dreams, dreams filled with a joy they could never have seen until they are brought together.

Reese Powell has been on a straight and steady trajectory tow
Kathleen
Jul 07, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This was an amazing book. 5+*** Stars
Susan Wiggs gives you an emotional story about two people from differnt upbrings and ways of life. One a man bringing up his brother's two children in the Amish community that his dead brother wanted them to be raised in and a woman, who is on the way to becoming a doctor and needs to find a way to have what she wants and not what her parents want for her. Both Caleb and Reese have to make decisions that will change their lives and the lives of the people t
Sherry
I love Susan Wigg's books and this was no exception. Her characters are so realistic I feel like I know them all. Caleb and Reese are from two very different lives- his family is Amish, Reese is a doctor who's parents are high powered physicians who have plans for her life. When a terrible accident occurs while she is working, Caleb and Reese's lives are thrown together. This one kept me turning the pages as fast as I could to see where Wiggs was taking me.
Kim
Jul 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
I would rate this book somewhere between 3.5 and 4 stars. The bad language in the book bothered me, as it didn't seem realistic and in some instances just sounded awkward. Wouldn't she have learned to watch her mouth more around Caleb if nothing else for courtesy sake?
That being said I felt the book was honest, seeing both the good and bad of an Amish community as well as the good and bad of parents who push their own goals and dreams onto their child.
Michele
See the full review at HarlequinJunkie.com

You can always count on Susan Wiggs to spin an incredibly emotional tale with strong themes and realistic predicaments. Between You and Me was a wonderfully written story of complicated family matters, unexpected love, and the consequences of one’s actions.

Susan Wiggs truly does have this incredible ability to wrap me up in her storytelling. Her characters are so flawed and genuine that I can’t help but empathize with them and (for most of them) hope for
Rebecca
4.5 STARS

This book was nowhere on my radar until it came highly recommend from a trust book friend. (Thanks, Beth!) I'd been in a slump of mediocre books and felt this was the perfect change to my usual read.

This book is a compelling and beautiful story about love, family, and sacrifice. My heart ached for Caleb and Reese and all they endure; this is one of the best forbidden romances I've read in a while. I was so moved by this author, I immediately started another book written by her.

If you a
Cindy
Nov 13, 2018 rated it liked it
This was a sweet easy to read story bringing together an Amish man and an English woman . As their worlds collide they learn the importance of family, faith, love and understanding. This is my first Susan Wiggs book and I was impressed on how she drew me into the lives of the Amish and their beliefs. I enjoyed the book and just might read another novel by Wiggs. I won this book from Bluepointpress and Cindy Roesel. Thanks!
Kari
Jul 05, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: 2018, for-review, kindle
I had a few reservations about reading Between You & Me. Stories involving the Amish are not usually ones that I gravitate to. However, I am a fan of this author, so I put my trust in her. I'm glad I did. The story involves Caleb and Reese what happens when their two worlds collide. I was sucked right into the story and really enjoyed it.

The story was a little tough to get through at times because it deals with some heavy issues. However, the book leaves you with a lot of hope. One thing I l
Libby Harrison
The last 30% ruined the story for me. There was a time jump with no explanation and then the h encouraging the H to marry a dying woman...which made LITERALLY no sense!!

Tamara
Jul 14, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great read!
Joyce
Sep 03, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This is a story about Caleb Sroltz and how he cares for his niece and
nephew after the death of his brother and his wife. They are Amish and live
In Middle Grove on a farm when Jonah has a terrible accident and looses
his arm. Dr. Reese Powell helps them as she faces the decision where to
practice medicine. A heart warming tale of self sacrifice, love, loss, family,
and friendship. I recommend this book and look forward to her next novel.
Maria Bienz
Aug 12, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: first-reads
Thank you for the advance copy win! I really enjoyed this story about love, loss family, hope and about the Amish community.
Susanchitter
Aug 27, 2018 rated it liked it
3.5 This is a nice romantic story if you are in the mood.
Ursula
Aug 25, 2018 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Play Book Tag: Between You & Me by Susan Wiggs ~ 4 stars 1 10 Oct 23, 2018 01:54PM
Susan Wiggs's life is all about family, friends...and fiction. She lives at the water's edge on an island in Puget Sound, and she commutes to her writers' group in a 17-foot motorboat. She serves as author liaison for Field's End, a literary community on Bainbridge Island, Washington, bringing inspiration and instruction from the world's top authors to her seaside community. (See www.fieldsend.org ...more
“When your pain is bad, and your strength is gone, you might start thinking of leaving.” “Leaving. I like that.” 0 likes
“Difficulty is a miracle in its first stage. —Amish proverb” 0 likes