Start by marking “Tilly” as Want to Read:
Tilly

Tilly

Kathy looked at the little gravestone again. Now she could see it clearly. It bore just that one name: Tilly. . . . She couldn't take her eyes away. She didn't want to. She stooped down to look. Only one date. Only one. Nine years ago.

Kathy and Dan Ross are just like any other young couple. No one would ever imagine what secrets lie buried in their souls until Kathy is
Published July 7th 2003 by Crossway Books (first published 1988)

Start your review of Tilly
Ethan Green
I am a big fan of Frank Peretti, and having read almost every one of his books I can say that Tilly is completely different. Peretti normally gives details ad nauseum, but Tilly leaves a lot of things unsaid - left to the reader's imagination. Tilly is both heartwarming and heartbreaking. A very emotional ride that will leave almost anyone in tears. I read it in less than one hour, but I simply couldn't put it down. Peretti's books are usually very long, and I was surprised at Tilly's brevity, ...more
booklady
Tilly is the title of the book and the single name on a small gravestone bearing only one date found by Mary and Dan one day while solitary mourners at an elderly mans graveside service. When Mary tried to talk to the woman leaving flowers at Tillys headstone, she ran away.

Tilly is also a quick read, a beautiful mystery you will never forget. Thanks Jo for the recommendation. I picked up a used copy for a few dollars and will share it often. It is worth every penny! I could not put it down and
DawnEllen
Nov 22, 2009 rated it it was amazing
SPOILER ALERT. This unusual offering from Frank Peretti captures very sensitively the dilemma that constitutes a woman's right to choose. With his gift of fantasy, Peretti takes a unique perspective and looks at this issue through the eyes of a child to remind the reader that all life matters to God and even these least among us are not forgotten or abandoned by Him.
Josephine (Jo)
Oh what a lovely little book! I was so surprised by the content and I read it with a lump in my throat. When Kathy spots a tiny grave stone in the local cemetry with just one word written on it she feels compelled to find out more. Both Kathy and her husband Dan are pulled into the past where they must face their decisions and come to terms with their grief. This story is one of hope, forgiveness and a promise of the love of Jesus for us all no matter what we have done. I don't want to say what ...more
Debbie Taylor
Aug 23, 2012 rated it really liked it
I stood and absorbed this book in a Christian bookstore while my mother shopped. Unaware of my experience with abortion, this was my first taste of forgiveness and healing and began my LONG journey of recovery. Simple, sweet and profound, it is one of my favorite reads!
Bonnie
Feb 11, 2012 rated it liked it
This morning I read a novella by Frank Peretti whose novels This Present Darkness and Piercing the Darkness were favorites of mine a long time ago. I should add them to my re-read list, even though Randy Alcorn is now my favorite Christian author. Tilly was a quick and easy read, though certainly not light. A couple at a funeral catches sight of a lone mourner at a gravestone that simply says "Tilly" with one date on it and sets into motion memories of a family tragedy. A very emotional story ...more
R.F. Gammon
This was a sweet book. I think it could have been longer, but that's pretty much my only complaint. I got it for my birthday- glad I finally got around to reading it:)
Angela R. Watts
Dec 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
A heartrending, eye-opening story that shows the true heart of Jesus. It deals with abortion in a truly moving way. I pray this book touches many.
Lori Henrich
Aug 18, 2011 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Kathy and Dan Ross are attending a service at the cemetery for a man they didn't know hardly at all. When the service is over and they are getting ready to head home, Kathy sees a woman kneeling by a grave. The woman is crying and appears to be talking to herself. Something about this scene draws Kathy to move closer. Dan tries to stop her, but Kathy pulls away. Kathy just wants to see the name on the stone. Her approach startles the woman and she runs off. The only thing on the tiny stone is ...more
Patti Kowalski
Aug 15, 2009 rated it did not like it
I didn't like anything about this story. I thought it was very poorly-written and treated its main theme in a one-sided, simplistic way that didn't draw you in and make you care about the characters or the story itself. A simplistic style can be very effective but Tilly read as if it were written by the average grade-schooler, having so little depth of emotion for such a potentially powerful theme. Rarely have I ever felt that a book totally wasted my time, but this one did.
Melissa
Mar 24, 2012 rated it really liked it
Depending on what your views are on abortion will determine whether or not you like this book. It is a very heartwarming story of God's forgiveness towards us when we make choices we think are good at the time, yet turn out so painful.
Adalee Grace
Nov 08, 2007 rated it liked it
This book had a great point behind it, and was told in a neat way.
Julie
Apr 24, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: favorites
I've read this book again and again and again. It touches me deeply every time I read it. It's well worth the short read, make sure you have a box of tissues close at hand.
Jennifer Castner
May 27, 2019 rated it really liked it
Powerful read
Selana
Oct 07, 2016 rated it did not like it
This book has a very clear-cut agenda that is not remotely lightly pushed. It's also incredibly boring and as far as I can tell, nothing actually happens throughout the entire book.

I'd like to point out that such a late abortion as this one would have been a wanted pregnancy and thus would have been done because the main character's life was at risk or the fetus would not have survived anyway. At best, I can say that this book is clearly one-sided on a sensitive issue. The author has clearly
Bethany
Oh. My. Goodness. This book is SO moving! It is a short book that I was able to easily read in one setting, and though sad and had me crying at times, it is one that I won't forget anytime soon. In fact, I read it a long time ago and decided to pick it up one evening when I was looking for a quick read.

This is the story of Kathy and her husband Dan. At the start of the book Kathy comes across a gravestone that is simply marked "Tilly" and has one date-which dates back nine years. After this
Lydia
Aug 07, 2012 rated it it was amazing
i grew up with ridiculous christian standards. so my love of peretti is based on his talent not his possible agenda. this book is a heart-breaking, beautiful picture of what abortion can do to a woman's heart. speaking from experience, it is the most painful decision any woman may ever make. but this book is a picture that you can't just blow it off and pretend it never happened. that was a life taken. but in the pain of that lost life, there is a hope for forgiveness and closure.
Lachelle Saieh
Feb 22, 2009 rated it really liked it
Christabelle
Mar 23, 2016 rated it really liked it
Oh, this one pulls at my heartstrings! It touches the deep places in my soul in ways few books do, not because it is finished, but because it a beginning. Jesus wants to do a deep work of healing in the soul. He desires to pour out His forgiveness fully and completely. He touches the shame and purifies the unmentionable places of the heart. What a joy to think what healing only He can bring!
Cheryl
Jan 06, 2010 rated it did not like it
This book was so poorly written. It didn't make sense and it was way too short. It never really explains the couple's reason for getting an abortion and loses a lot of credibility for the sake of suspense and plot twist. It would have had more of an emotional impact if the story had been either longer and more fleshed out or shorter and only focused on the grave and the dream.
Jenn
Mar 18, 2009 rated it it was amazing
An eye-opening book about how seemingly smart decisions can change your life in ways you didn't even know. This book opened the door for my own mother to tell me about the pain & struggle she has dealt with in her own life. It's a quick read, but totally worth it.
Jennifer Love
One of those books that just grabs you straight away and refuses to let you go. It's short but such a deep and dark tale in some senses. You can feel it the moment you begin, that you're embarking on quite the ride. Such an eerie feeling the author weaves together and so quickly too boot.
Teri
Apr 13, 2012 rated it it was amazing
Healing for those who have had an abortion - read it when I was working with several ladies who had suffered from the decision they made. It is an impactful book no matter how you feel about it and offers redemption.
AlixJamie
Jun 12, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
This is a VERY heart-wrenching book. It portrays abortion as the evil it is yet doesn't condemn those who are fooled into believing it is the answer to their problems. Highly recommended!
Melissa
Jun 22, 2011 rated it it was amazing
I really like this book; it's an easy and fast read, and it gently shows both the profound sadness and God's heart of forgiveness toward those who have aborted a baby.
Tevye
Jun 21, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Always the masterful storyteller, Peretti has given us a soul-stirring and heartwarming glimpse into the world yet to come where even the deepest hurts imaginable are wonderfully healed.
Stephen Ryan
Jul 28, 2017 rated it it was ok
Tilly is a book by Peretti that I hadnt read before, in contrast to most of the other stuff Ive been reading lately. Its a significant story in his formation as an author; he first wrote the story in script format as a radio drama and only later adapted it into book format. The script was sent to now infamous conservative Christian organization Focus on the Family who loved the scripts pro-life message and produced it as a full-fledged hour-long audio drama; that was actually Perettis first ...more
Kristi Drillien
Aug 07, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: christian, drama
Tilly is a touching novella about a woman coming to terms with something from her past that she regrets. It begins when a husband and wife, Kathy and Dan, are in a cemetery, and she spots a gravestone with the name Tilly one it, and only one date. From that point on, she can't get that gravestone out of her mind, to the detriment of her family.

I had no idea what this book was about when I started reading, but it was short, and Peretti is my favorite writer. According to the back of the book, it
Aug 27, 2017 rated it really liked it
Three stars for Peretti, one star for Jesus. "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb." Jeremiah 1:5

This novella began as a radio play, which goes a long way toward explaining why it's not at all characteristic of Peretti's style. It's brief and to the point, with very little characterization and almost no world building. We know there is Jeff and Kristy and a couple other people and that's it. And the story is Kristy's vision of meeting Tilly-- a child who has no parent except her
Nathalia Martinez
Nov 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Sweet, emotional, comforting. It shows the way the father loves us in a way that he can draw us near to Him, wash all our sins, even the most difficult ones and give us guidance to be healed in a beautiful way.

This book shows that sometimes we want to bury our sin; to hide our sins from a righteous God, but doing this we just hurt ourselves more and more, but there comes the time when our sin reaches us. But our loving God is always there to bring forgiveness, help you to forgive yourself, heal
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 next »
film online 2019 - Kategori film semi 1 5 Aug 28, 2019 08:39PM

• Heaven's Wager (Martyr's Song, #1)
  • Cherished Mercy (Heart of the Frontier, #3)
  • Resolving Everyday Conflict
  • House
  • Hearts of Fire: Eight Women in the Underground Church and Their Stories of Costly Faith
  • A Man Called Blessed (The Caleb Books, #2)
  • A.D. 33 (A.D., #2)
  • Jesus Freaks: Stories of Those Who Stood for Jesus, the Ultimate Jesus Freaks (Jesus Freaks, #1)
  • When Heaven Weeps (Martyr's Song, #2)
  • Angel Gate
  • The Last Sin Eater
  • Happily Ever After (Deep Haven, #1)
  • Treasures of the Snow
  • Thr3e
  • The Martyr's Song (The Martyr's Song Series, Book 1) (With CD)
  • House of Secrets
  • Dead Heat (The Last Jihad, #5)
  • The Princess
FROM HIS WEBSITE:
With more than 12 million novels in print, Frank Peretti is nothing short of a publishing phenomenon and has been called Americas hottest Christian novelist.

Peretti is a natural storyteller who, as a youngster in Seattle, regularly gathered the neighborhood children for animated storytelling sessions. After graduating from high school, he began playing banjo with a local

News & Interviews

Mary Pauline Lowry knows a thing or two about being stuck at home when you don't want to be. After all, the premise of her newest novel, The Rox...