Start by marking “Raintree: Inferno / Sanctuary / Haunted (1-3)” as Want to Read:
Raintree: Inferno / Sanctuary / Haunted (1-3)

Raintree: Inferno / Sanctuary / Haunted (Raintree #1 - 3)

3.92  ·  Rating details ·  798 Ratings  ·  36 Reviews
Inferno by New York Times bestselling author Linda Howard

Two hundred years after the Raintree clan defeated them, the Ansara wizards are rising up again to take on their bitterest foes. As king, it's up to Dante Raintree to protect his clan, but when Lorna Clay walks into his life, suddenly fire, always his to control, defeats him, leaving him wondering whether Lorna is to
Published October 31st 2008 by Harlequin Books (first published January 1st 2007)

To ask other readers questions about Raintree, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Raintree

Kristen
Apr 13, 2009 rated it it was ok
Kathy
May 24, 2012 rated it liked it
look for another linda howard book
Setting: Inferno Casino - Reno, NV; town of Wilmington, North Carolina; verdant forest hills of Sanctuary, North Carolina; Terrebonne, island in the Caribbean.
Theme: power, transformation, love, duty
Characters:
Dante Raintree, Dranir – He is powerful, fire is his element. He runs the businesses for Raintree, and these days the Inferno Casino. When Lorna is brought to his attention, as one who was winning about $5,000 a week he wants to meet her and assess how she
Michelle Harrison
A beloved reread

I enjoy this series a great deal. It is amongst my few rereads. I certainly recommend it. You will enjoy the interaction between these alpha males as they build relationships with their chosen mates, all while the enemy tries to destroy them.
BT
Feb 01, 2010 rated it liked it
Kaitlin
Aug 26, 2012 rated it it was amazing
'Inferno' by Linda Howard: The book was hard to put down, it always had me on the edge of my seat in anticipation, wondering and waiting for whatever would happen next. For myself personally it wasn't hard to get into the book and it held my attention the entire time.

'Haunted' by Linda Winstead Jones: Definitely a story of commitment or the fear of commitment. Love, courage, family just an overall compelling story. The almost "Happy Ever After".

'Sanctuary' by Beverly Barton: This book shows th
Hilly
2.75 stars. Rounding up for authors attempting unusual (for them) stories; not rounding down for the weakest entry (the conclusion).

Inferno was a second read for me; suffered in the reread, but still had its moments. RAINTREE family Bro#1: Dante Raintree, casino-hotel owner, Raintree-clan Dranir {superpowers include fire & mind control} / Lorna Clay, runaway {superpowers include number-affinity & empathic-clairvoyance}.

Haunted by Linda Winstead Jones was fine, but forgettable. RAINTREE f
Miki
Jun 02, 2010 rated it it was ok
There needs to be a special rating system for books like this, written by more than one author. I would rate this one 2 1/2 stars, 3 stars, and minus one. The first section ended in mid-plot (made me MAD!), and the second one barely avoided the dreaded "segue syndrome" (where the story is only a link between the beginning and the end with no redeeming features of its own. For a classic case, see "Back to the Future", part 2). The last section was one of the silliest stories I've ever read. THis ...more
Casia Courtier
Dec 15, 2012 rated it liked it
Since this book is a compilation of three, I guess I should put my thoughts about all three books.
I didn't care for INFERNO. I couldn't get into the characters and I honestly couldn't see how they were able to fall in love given the circumstances. HAUNTED was better. I could relate to the characters and there was enough of story to keep me interested without sounding unbelievable. SANCTUARY is by far the best. The relationship between the main characters was strong and believable. I was able to
suzi
Oct 18, 2016 rated it liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
I've only just finished the last book (haven't read the first 2). I liked the paranormal stuff, the romance a bit meh, and I was unsatisfied with the ending, but it was fun and hooked it me when none of the books for the past months have done so.

Okay, done with the whole trilogy. I suggest you read them in one go because otherwise, the stories would feel incomplete. The third book seems the weakest to me, mostly because, I think, the hero is an asshole. My fave, I think, is Gideon's story.

The wh
Ashley Gutierrez
Dec 27, 2013 rated it liked it
3.5 stars! It was a good short series that I did enjoy. I loved how with the 3 books you also had 3 authors. Very creative!

This series covers the lives of three siblings. They show what is happening during the same time period and how it all comes together in the end. The only thing I was disappointed in was how much the author in the third story skipped a huge chunk of the end scene with all the different characters. It felt rushed and left you feeling slightly disappointed.
Other than that I
Becky
Feb 07, 2009 rated it really liked it
This book is an anthology of the 3 books in the Raintree series. The stories are about the 3 Raintree siblings and their paranormal gifts. This was a great read. I really had a hard time putting it down once I started. Each author had their own distinctive stamp on the characters and really took me for a ride in each story as the siblings battled with the "bad guys". I highly recommend this book to lovers of paranormal romances.
Brenda Kirton
Susan
Aug 08, 2012 rated it it was amazing
This book is three stories written by three separate authors and is absolutely amazing. The paranormal activity is a bit "out there", but so much fun to read. I wish there was a follow up - I would love to read more...couldnt put the book down. Great value for a 500 plus page book. The way they all came together was great. Very exciting with a strange, hot and very fast romance. Amazing how much can happen in week! A must read.
Nancy
Jul 30, 2011 added it
3 short novellas combined to make 1 book. The 1st 2 were good, the 3rd didn't hold my interest. They all take place at the same time, then come together towards the end of the 3rd book. I think these would have been better if they had been fleshed out a bit more. Each of the books could have stood alone as its own novel had they been a bit longer, and a bit more detailed. Felt a little rushed. Not bad, not wonderful, just "eh"
Belinda
Oct 11, 2010 rated it liked it
This book has three stories by three different writers but about the same family. I enjoyed Inferno and Sanctuary story Haunted was ok. I wished the family talked more I would have liked to see some kind of bond between them. It would have been good to see Danti, Gideon and Jadah talk or fight the ending seem to come together to easy. I did like the over all story I just wish it was by one author.
Amelia-Irene
Aug 30, 2011 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
This trilogy by three different authors, really lets you kknow that the three ladies; Linda Howard, Linda Winstead Joens, and Beverly Barton, really worked together to have this set come together almost seamlessly. In fact the way it ends, you feel like there should be yet another book to this series to continue on from where it ends. Grab this set and enjoy it for a week-end.
Kerry  sullivan
Feb 12, 2011 rated it it was amazing
Recommends it for: anyone who likes urban fantacy.
I loved this book, I might have struggled with it had all 3 not been together in the ebook. I thought the three books worked well together and kept me wanting more. Loved eve she was precocious and loveable and a little perturbing but you want her to win out because she is most of all cute. i would reccomend this book to anyone.
Yorda
Oct 13, 2012 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
En general me ha gustado mucho la trama principal. Las historias de cada hermano son entretenidas, pero la de Mercy y Judah se me hizo muy inverosímil. Demasiado "buenos amigos" después de tanto tiempo.
Jintana
Oct 28, 2010 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: paranormal
สนุก ๆๆๆ คะ เลมนีซือเพราะ
1. ถูกมาก ไดอาน 3 เรือง ไมถึง 3 ดอลลาร
2. ชอบลินดา โฮเวิรด แตนักเขียนอีก 2 ทานกเขียนไดสนุกมากเชนกัน อานไปอานมาชอบเรืองสุดทายทีสุด จบไดดีถูกใจคนอานแมจะเนาไปนิด

สรุปแลวชอบอะ เพราะพระเอกหลอๆๆๆ ทุกเรืองเลย
Andita
Jul 25, 2015 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
It was...

Interesting how the three writers got this set to merge into one story. I really enjoyed the characters and the battle of wills between all the stories. Good versus evil always make me think and hope.
sakura_txell
Nov 24, 2014 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
En esta trilogía se nota que lo importante es la trama, los acontecimientos que se relatan, más que la evolución personal o la psicología de los personajes. Las autoras, sobre todo Linda Howard, podrían haber sacado muchísimo más provecho de ellos.
Gloria Rohde
Jul 02, 2012 rated it liked it
Three books in one: Inferno - Linda Howard
Haunted - Lina Winstead Jones
Sanctuary - Beverly Barton
Kate
Mar 02, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Great if you love a little supspense, a little romance and a little supernatural.
Lesli
Jul 19, 2010 rated it liked it
Shelves: fiction, 2009
Read for #3 Sanctuary. For having been written by three people, the Raintree series is pretty tightly held together in style, characters, and overall feel.
D. Elaine Fields
Jan 28, 2013 rated it it was amazing
Romance and magic? What more could you ask for? Just enough of everything. Fantastic love scenes
Pat
Hard to put down

Not only is this a trilogy but also written by three different authors. The way they blend their stories is excellent. Well worth the read.
Wanda
Jan 24, 2015 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: 2x-reads
Haunted is the best of this trilogy. But the overall story is very good, I'm fond of all these authors.
NV
May 19, 2011 rated it it was ok

All authors I enjoy but this misses the mark for me
Cornelia
a good paranormal book. the thing is it lasts a week or so... I never get those kind of stories.
Marianne
Jan 17, 2011 rated it did not like it
Rather a tiresome book with not much of a point, but I slogged through it anyway.
Spells, paranormal happenings, wizards just aren't my thing.
  • Raintree: Haunted (Raintree, #2)
  • Raintree: Sanctuary (Raintree, #3)
  • Nevermore (Guardians #2)
  • Enemy Lover (Draicon Werewolves, #3)
  • Dark Deceiver (The Esri # 2)
  • Wild Blue Under (Tritone Trilogy #2)
  • Rion (Pendragon Legacy #2)
  • Guardian Wolf (Alpha Force #3)
  • The Patron Saint of Plagues
  • The Braddock Boys: Cody
  • Edge of Danger (T-FLAC, #8)
  • Nightwalker (Nightwalkers #3)
  • Ghost Stalker (The Tracker #2)
  • Harmony
  • Renaissance (Rogue Angel, #1-3)
  • Immortal Bride

Linda S. Howington is an American best-selling romance author writing under the pseudonym Linda Howard. After 21 years of penning stories for her own enjoyment, she submitted a novel for publication which was very successful. Her first work was published by Silhouette in 1982. She is a charter member of Romance
More about Linda Howard

Raintree (4 books)
  • Raintree: Inferno (Raintree #1)
  • Raintree: Haunted (Raintree, #2)
  • Raintree: Sanctuary (Raintree, #3)
  • Raintree: Oracle (Raintree, #4)