Start by marking “Cards Of Love: The World” as Want to Read:
Cards Of Love: The World

Cards Of Love: The World

(Swift #2)

The Swift Family baseball dynasty is a Tennessee institution.

But its brothers are known for more than athletic prowess.

Unfortunately for the women of Memphis, first born Brick is carrying old wounds. They keep every chance for real love at a distance. As a respected sports agent, his athletes are the sole recipients of his attention.

January Jordan is at the top of her game
Published October 2018

To ask other readers questions about Cards Of Love, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Cards Of Love

book bruin
Jan 15, 2019 rated it really liked it
This was a fun and sexy novella! It tied in wonderfully with the Cards of Love series, as well as the author's Swift series. I first met the Swift family in The Curve and hoped that we would get a story for Brick. Although I recommend it, it's not necessary to read The Curve prior to enjoying The World.

I loved that Brick and January's story isn't high on drama or angst. They both knew what they wanted and didn't play games with each other. I also appreciated that the author featured characters t
Rebecca Woodward
Dec 16, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: finished
Brick and January

This is a second chance love kind of story. Brick is so yummy. A real gentleman. But he does have a sad story. And January, well she is a breath of fresh air. The chemistry between these two is hot!! Because they meet at the young age of 40 is a blessing. The bantering is hilarious. I am really glad I decided to read this Cards of Love series.
Shannon
4.5*

This was a terrific story. I loved how fun and flirty January and Brick were together, and how comfortable they were with each other right off the bat.
Because of the length of this novella the time moves forward fairly quickly, but it's not a case of "insta-love" really, although there is a definite case of insta-attraction which grows into something real, the more time January and Brick spend together.

I really enjoyed these two- I liked that they were established characters, confident in
♥️Fantasy Land  Book Reviewer♥️
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is a sweet and shorter love story. Leslie brings a friendship to love in a wonderful way. I loved January and Brick and their romance.

Brick has a past that is heartbroken but January just might be able to heal him. And January doesn't take crap from anyone. She works in a male-dominated world and is not looking for a relationship, but enjoyed her friendship with Brick. But when it becomes sexual is she ready for more?
nikki
Oct 19, 2018 rated it really liked it
Short but oh, so sexy; I fell very quickly in love with Brick and January. Their friends to lovers story had just the right amount of everything, and I found myself heating up at the sexual tension between them. Don’t let the size fool you, this little novella will have you hooked from beginning to end.
Fiona Fog
A second chance at love! Brick thought he’d never get that again. Losing his wife Katy and their unborn child so tragically at thirty two he never contemplated love again.

But when the sassy and beautiful January enters his life he knows this is fate.

January is back home to pack up her parents home, sell and get back to her life as a sports agent in New York. She’s just as knocked for a loop as Brick.

Both in their forties. Love possibily couldn’t happen. Right?

Wrong. The world tarot card she f
Jenn
Feb 06, 2019 rated it really liked it
3.5 Stars

This is a sweet and sexy, quick read from Leslie Pike. Brick and January are two career driven individuals at the top of their game and not interested in relationships. But when these two meet, even if it is supposed to be all professional, there's a connection between them that neither can deny.

I love the strength of both of these characters, and their big personalities. Both Brick and January have experienced pain in their past and thought they were better off on their own, but as th
Clare Harrison
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
An event, a celebration and a game to pass the time.

Eyes across a crowded room, mischievous minds and jesting thoughts.

A meeting, an introduction and a new friend is found in a professional dog eat dog world.

Lines getting blurry as clauses are added. Hopeful families and life returning.

A beautiful swoonworthy read, a gradual building of minds and bodies. Truly magnificent.

Brick the man without a mask, no hidden agenda. A man of strength and weakness, humour and tights.

January, who walks the walk
Myndi
Oct 24, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love that this book was about people closer to my age, then in their early twenties. I like how he says she's going to need to give him 15 minutes or so for round 2 because he is 41 after all. My life! lol!! It was a sweet love story that evolved from an easy friendship, and a happy ending for Brick, who REALLY needed one. And the ending... I actually didn't see it coming, and I LOVED it! It was perfect. Good things come to those who wait. <3 I always enjoy a book from Leslie Pike! She neve ...more
Jessica Alcazar
Well this was just sweet and quite lovely. Nothing about the story screams wow, but it was a nice read. Do I wish it was a bit sexier on the page? Oh yeah! I think January and Brick would have made for some seriously hot sexy scenes. But no matter, it was still a very sweet and emotional story.

Copy provided for blog tour review
Melissa
Oct 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What a feel good love story! I love a strong woman. January is just that. Brick is her exact match in so many ways.
The chemistry is insane.Friends they say. ( insert eye roll) They have closed themselves off , they have their reasons. I Enjoyed this so much this is definitely a favorite and one you don't want to pass up.
Liz
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I am so excited to be back with the Swift family. Though this is part of a series, each book can be read as a standalone, as each is about a different couple. In The World, we get Brick Swift’s story. Brick is one sexy, smart and charming man. But due to old wounds, he keeps love at a distance.

January Jordan is a woman on a mission and she does not need a man. She has more important things to accomplish. But when a chance meeting happens, the sparks fly, even if they insist they are only friend
Paula  Phillips
Nov 24, 2018 rated it liked it
In Tennessee, the family name Swift carries a lot of power as they are known as Baseball legends. The oldest brother Brick is a sports agent and one of the very best, the only thing he lacks as his family suggests is the power to love as after a bad relationship call he has closed his heart to the world. January Jordan is also a sports agent and is giving Brick a run for his money as she might be better than he is at the game. She is based in New York but has come home to Memphis to help pack up ...more
MJ Symmonds
Oct 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I was very intrigued by Brick and what is story was all about in The Curve (Atticus & Charlotte) so I was thrilled to read The World.

Brick has a shattered past, something he doesn't share with women. Well he never shared until he met her. January was a woman in a mans world. She wasn't looking for a man, didn't need a man, until him.

Can a man with deep wounds and an independant, free woman share more than a friendship and maybe, just maybe discover that a connetion based on friendship can le
Jamee
Oct 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is my favorite book by Leslie so far! Brick’s story and what he has lost is heart breaking, by to see how he has survived and then how he moves on with January is inspiring. Well, the whole story really is. Both characters are in their early 40s and have no kids. They have both been married; one divorced and one widowed. They have the same career as a sports agent but have never crossed paths until this book. They start out as friends, but you can tell it will lead to something more! I don’ ...more
Kari Hansen
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brick has suffered a heartbreaking loss, so his focus is on his career as a sports agent. January has suffered heartbreak as well and she has worked hard to achieve success as a sports agent in what is typically a man’s world.

From their first encounter they had an immediate connection however neither was interested in a relationship, so they decide to be friends. When the chemistry between them explodes are they willing to consider the possibility of something deeper?

These two were perfect toget
Teresa Juckett
Oh man this book 😭😭❤❤

This is my first book by Leslie and oh wow was this book great. This is a quick and fast read that once I started reading it I didn't want to stop I even snuck it in at work lol. It had me laughing throughout the whole book until I reached the end and wow what an ending I'll say this much have tissues close by. I would definitely recommend picking this book up and find out just how good it is.

This is just my opinion and my voluntary review
Lary Alvarez
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Wow!! So beatiful

Cards of Love: The World is amaizing, brilliant, but Leslie Pike always made you feel like that with all her books. Brick, what a man, with a broken heart and a sad soul found his happiness finnaly, January, a beatiful woman who was destined to find Brick and his beatiful family, and what family, Leslie always make you feel deep in love with them, how she describe the scenery like you there. Always is a pleasure to read Leslie's books, I'm your fan number one, thanks for give us
Amanda
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
With this Cards of Love series, I’ve been coming across new-to-me authors, and Leslie is one of them. Most of the books in this series have been full of angst and suspense, that has driven me to the end. The World is more of love and laughter, a nice little break on my nerves reading the story of Brick and January.

I enjoyed the drive behind both the characters, not letting pasts or their careers, come between them as they find love together at a point in their lives where they weren’t sure they
Tamara
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I absolutely love the Swift family! The story was both sweet and funny and full of emotion. I loved the connection between Brick and January. Their relationship was fun and flirty and developed naturally from friendship to more. It was also great to see the rest of the Swift family and how much love they all have for each other. This book can be read as a standalone, but you will definitely enjoy it much more if you've read The Curve. I can't wait for Bristol's story!
Amber Boyd
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
What an absolutely lovely story!! Full of heart, laughter and some amazingly good chemistry. I loved getting more of Leslie Pike’s Swift Family! Brick meets January and immediately feels a connection, but after years alone he’s content to be friends with the smart and beautiful woman. But fate seems to have other plans. Brick finding joy after years of heartbreak after the death of his wife, was really sweet. Totally enjoyed this one. Hope we get more Swift’s in the future.
Heather Miller
Oct 22, 2018 rated it really liked it
In this short novella story we have Brick and January. Both are involved in the sports athlete world as to signing and bringing in clients. Brick is 41 and January is 40. Both are older adults. They have both been married; one divorced and one widowed. Not really looking for relationships, but, not closed off to the idea either.

Brick has been alone for awhile. Heartbreak will do that to some. January isn't really interested in anything more than a friendship with him. They come up with a Harry
Gavinsmommaloves2read
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing

After reading the curve I was intrigued by Brock so I ran to read this book. I love Brick and January connection. These two were both very different and had there obstacles to overcome. Jim with his heartbreaking past and her working in a man's world not needing a man until him. I hope there be more with the swift family!
Veronica LaRoche
Oct 20, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Great story that will have you hooked from the start. January & Brick has a connection from the start. What started as friends became so much more. Really great story with great characters. Definitely hoping there will be more of the Swift family.

I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Reader Copy of this book.
Pamela
Oct 26, 2018 rated it really liked it
Brick and January started out as friends then became lovers. I really enjoyed the interaction between them. This was a short, sweet story.
Veronica LaRoche
Oct 25, 2018 rated it really liked it
Tish Cocktails & Fairytales
Imma newly anointed Leslie Pike fan!! I adored January & Brick and their beautiful connection. It was a quick read therefore pretty fast paced but I didn't find that to be an issue with the storyline or with the flow of things. It was a sweet and sexy book that I devoured.
Tanya
Oct 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Short but oh so sweet. This was an awesome quick read. I loved the instant chemistry between Brick and January. Looking forward to reading more books by this author.
Crystal
Oct 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I loved this one! I couldn’t put it down. I am a total sucker for family sagas and loved how we saw Atticus and the girls again.
January and Brick are explosive! You will not be disappointed with these two 💕
Kira Assad
Oct 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
January and Brick were hot! The chemistry was off the charts for these two! I loved the banter between them and it made the story move along at a nice pace as they both started to accept the feelings between them. Both have some sort of baggage making it hard for them to fully commit at the beginning, but together they are able to accomplish so much. They both help bring each other into the light and I loved seeing that good feeling in this story.

• Cards Of Love - Queen Of Pentacles
  • Cards of Love: King of Wands
  • Cards of Love: The Empress
  • Cards of Love: The Fool
  • Hanged (Savage Men, #5)
  • Cards of Love: The Tower
  • Cards of Love: King of Pentacles
  • Cards of Love: The Hermit
  • Cards of Love: The Chariot
  • Cards of Love: Seven of Swords
  • Strength
  • Cards of Love: Justice
  • Jack Kingsley
  • Cards of Love: Five of Cups
  • Cards of Love: The High Priestess
  • Cards of Love: Nine of Swords
  • Cards of Love: Knight of Swords
  • Cards of Love: Temperance