Start by marking “The Cannon (Swift, #3)” as Want to Read:
The Cannon (Swift, #3)

The Cannon

(Swift #3)

Sawyer’s easy smile and laidback style mask his rough start. For the tall Texan the struggle just to survive has been real. Then in a fateful twist, life takes a new direction. Fame, fortune, and women all within his grasp. Though it’s the chance meeting with a beautiful stubborn girl that has him reaching.

Bristol is the only daughter in a Memphis baseball dynasty. She co
Published September 6th 2019 by Independently published

To ask other readers questions about The Cannon, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Cannon

Vanessa ♛Queen Alchemy ϟ Novel Nerd Faction♛
Disclaimer: I received an Advance Reader Copy at no cost from the publisher/author. All opinions in my review are my own.

This was an engaging and entertaining story with a strong theme of family. I fell right into this book and read it in a single sitting. I loved this introduction to the Swift family and now I'm eager to read more of their stories.

The characters in this story are ones that are easy to relate to. They also seem real instead of merely characters in a book. The author does an exc
Krisz
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: arc-review
The Cannon by Leslie Pike was a superb read!
Another great addition to the Swift family books. This third instalment was Bristol and Sawyer's story.
Such a great family and so much love they shared between them and radiated to others!
Both Bristol and Sawyer were great, loveable characters, they warmed my heart with their personalities and the way they went about everything in their lives.
I just loved this love story. That epilogue! OMG I loved it even more.

Leslie Pike did great again with this s
Myndi
Sep 04, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I received an ARC of The Cannon, so lucky me, I was able to read it already and I'm here to give you my honest opinion of Leslie's newest book. I loved the first two books in this series, and the third was the cherry on top. Bristol and Sawyer... 😍😍😍 This story really tugged on my heart strings. I won't give anything away, but this book gave me all the feels. Loved it! I told myself I was going to read two chapters then clean my house. Nope. Read the entire thing in one sitting. You won't be abl ...more
Jamee
This is the 3rd book about The Swift Siblings.
This story centers around Sawyer (a hot baseball player from Texas) and Bristol (a doctor whose family happens to own the team Sawyer plays on).
I love how we get to see all of the previous characters return for this one! Bristol's family is a true southern family and I truly enjoy reading about them.
The chemistry between Sawyer and Bristol is evident from the get-go...it's just a matter of when Sawyer will break through those walls Bristol has buil
Fee96
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I love The Cannon so much I wish I could give more than 5 swoony stars!

Leslie Pike is incredibly talented and I truly love her work. Her words move me every single time. I didn't want to put my kindle down yet I wanted to savor every word and take my time finishing. The best kind of experience that I felt mind, body and soul! I live for that feeling -- and am hopelessly addicted. I cannot recommend this author and this series enough!

I have read and absolutely loved every book in the Swift famil
Elizabeth
Sep 17, 2019 rated it really liked it
Shelves: arc, eram
3.5 Stars
The Cannon is part of the Swift Series and focuses on Bristol (the sister of the family at the center of the series) and Sawyer, a baseball phenomenon playing for the team her family owns.

I enjoyed Sawyer and Bristol’s story. They are both interesting characters with back stories that have potential for creating issues/baggage. Seeing them interact and deal with those things was sweet.

As with all things from Ms Pike, the Cannon was well written and engaging. So why then is this only a
Angela's Book Addiction
The Cannon by Leslie Pike is a contemporary, sports romance told in first person, dual POV. Although it is book three in the Swift family series, it can be read as a standalone.

Sawyer Tom is the hot, new pitcher for the Memphis Mavericks. When he meets Bristol Swift at a team dinner/dance, he's instantly smitten and determined to win her over. But having grown up in a family of baseball royalty, Bristol has no interest in the sport or its players. Despite her obvious reluctance, Sawyer is not d
Letty  (Cover to Cover Book Blog Reviewer)
The third book in the Swift family series is as good as the first two. Here we have Sawyer Tom, a baseball player for the Memphis Mavericks and Bristol Swift, a doctor born into baseball royalty who has no love for the sport.

Their connection is scorching and although she fights it, Sawyer is not one to give up easily.

The story is made up of relatable characters whom anyone would be friends with. We see characters from the previous books, and this enhances the story so much, because we get to see
Lary Alvarez
Sep 21, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
If I can give 20 stars!!

How can express all those feelings this book made me feel? Each book you write is Marvelous, I think you can't give us another one more perfect than the last but is you my friend, and this book The Cannon is more than I can expected. Swayer, oh sweet Swayer, his heart of gold, who suffer a lifetime of pain, that pain made him more beatiful and perfect, who find this amaizing girl, Bristol, his soulmate, his everthing and more, and Jude who comes in the most importan t mo
Lynn
Sep 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
5* All the Feels Stars

This was my first time reading about the Swift Family and I am so happy that I got to meet this wonderful loving family. The love this family has for each other is abundant and contagious.

From the first page read I fell in love with Bristol Swift and Sawyer Tom. I enjoyed reading how Sawyer, “ruffled Bristol’s feathers” in the beginning and how she tried so hard not to react to the instant chemistry that was felt between the two of them.

The story of Sawyer and Bristol is
Liz
Sep 19, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
The Cannon by Leslie Pike takes us back into the Swift series and the character we have come to know and love. This time it is Bristol’s story. The only daughter in the family, she could care less about baseball, but one man is about to change all that.

I absolutely loved Sawyer and Bristol. Sawyer is a sexy and charming baseball player and Bristol is a doctor. When they meet, the chemistry is hot and steamy. But Bristol stays away from baseball players, though she may have met her match with Sa
Jennifer Kreinbring
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
I think the good ole' Texan boy Sawyer is my favorite hero of the Swift series! Bristol Swift has had enough of baseball, thanks to her brothers(their books are the first 2 in the series) and little did she know as much as she pushed the idea of the Memphis Mavricks newest star pitcher away, it only made him try harder! It didn't take long for her to cave and give in to his advances and finally go out with him. Sawyer brings on the sweet southern charm and doesn't disappoint. Bristol and Sawyer ...more
Kate
Sep 12, 2019 rated it really liked it
This is the first book I have read by Leslie Pike. It is a great read! I love the instant-chemistry between Bristol and Sawyer. Their chemistry is so hot that I wish they could have more of a build-up of trying to resist each other. My favorite part of this book is Bristol's family. They are sweet, loving, and absolutely comical. I believe the extended family is what made this book so wonderful. This is an endearing story about how the family is who you love and accept and not those who have the ...more
Jessica Alcazar
You know what I love best about this book, the series. I know that sounds strange, but give me a second LOL

I fell in love with this family when I read Brick’s story in the Cards of Love series (now titled The Closer). My love for this family still burns strong after reading Bristol’s journey to HEA.

This was an easy sweet romance that just warmed my heart. Everything from the chemistry between Bristol and Sawyer to the family’ energy and persistent love and support made for an easy afternoon read
Tamara
Sep 30, 2019 rated it it was amazing
I loved the Swift family after the first two books in this series, and I didn't think it was possible to love them more, but after reading this one I do! The story is full of down to earth yet complex characters. Bristol is fiercely independent and stubborn and the perfect match for Sawyer. Sawyer is finally living a dream after a rough upbringing in foster care, but that hasn't jaded his heart. His unique circumstances have left him wanting to give back to others and he fits in perfectly with t ...more
Sep 18, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bristol's book is here! She has been the spitfire sister we have seen in the previous books about her brothers and we finally have her story. And then we have Sawyer, the sexy ball player with the Texan drawl that is so swoon worthy that we all will want to go find our own Sawyer! This is a story of this swoony ball player that knows what he wants and that is the spitfire sister of the Swift family. This story will make you laugh and maybe shed a tear or two because of the heartfelt nature of Sa ...more
Kari Hansen
Sep 19, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bristol’s family’s lives may be centered around baseball, but the opposite holds true for her. She is focused on her career so the last thing she needs in her life is a baseball player no matter how attractive he is.

Sawyer may come across as charming and easygoing however his past has been far from easy. He has had to fight for everything he has received so far and is willing to do the same for Bristol.

This is a heartwarming story about embracing love and family even when it appears when you lea
Vanessa
Sep 09, 2019 rated it it was amazing
So glad to be able to read all about the Swift family again. This third book is about the 3rd Swift sibling, Bristol. Bristol the doctor that wants nothing to do with baseball and it's players. And then you have Sawyer the smooth talking Texan. Loved that all the Swift family were once again a big part of this book like the other two books in the series. Another book by Leslie that I couldn't put down.
Cheryl Blackburn
Very Enjoyable, with Some Sweet Heat

I really love the Swift Family Series and found this book extremely enjoyable.  Sawyer Tom is a sweet and charismatic baseball player that meets Bristol Swift a headstrong Pediatrician.  Sawyer is determined to win her over with his sweet southern charm. This story is sweet and heartwarming. I love seeing the characters from the previous books and seeing what going on with them. I thought this book was cute and sexy and I really enjoyed it.
Devon Nasser
Sep 28, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Loved this series

The Swift family will definitely have a place in my heart for m favorite series. I will probably be reading it again. This last book was the best by far and I'm sad it's over. You will love it.
Naomi
Oct 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
All the emotions in this book

I loved this book so much. Sawyer was my favorite character in a long time. I was so glad it came together the way it did in the end. This book made me swoon, laugh & the tears flowed too.
Melissa
Sep 11, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Ahhh, Sawyer and Bristol. Love this couple. Walls are broken, trust is built, feelings are flowing and everything is perfect. The whole Swift family is what I wish my family was like...all the good feels with open communication and honesty.
Kristin MacQueen
Great read

I fell in love with Sawyer right away. He has so much love to give everyone and has a massive heart for foster kids. Bristol and her family are amazing and hilarious. I’m happy I found this book and new to me author!
Stephanie Mahnke
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Bristol and Sawyer's story was full of laughs and a few tears. I enjoyed catching-up with the Swift brothers and their awesome family. I did not want it to end, but I think the author did a good job wrapping-up the story and the series.
Debby
Sep 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Amazing!

This is one excellent story. The best and what a finish to the series. A must read. Sawyer and Bristol’s story is one of truly wonderful romance and love. Well done.
Spunky N Sassy
Sep 23, 2019 rated it really liked it
Spunky N Sassy Rating: 4.0

~~~~~~~~~~Tracy's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

I loved Sawyer and Bristol's story. It is a story of two people that shouldn't be attracted to each other but they couldn't resist. Is their chemistry enough to make it last forever and jump the hurdles they are facing. I loved how the whole Swift family was involved in this story. This is one series that is a must read. Highly Recommended!!!

~~~~~~~~~~Lindsey's ⭐⭐⭐⭐ Review~~~~~~~~~~

Great Book

I was hooked on this book from the begi
Misti Sonntag
Jun 23, 2019 rated it it was amazing
Southern Swoony Sawyer

Sawyer Tom is the man of your dreams. He's a true southern boy that has lined that will make you swoon for days. He's also the pitcher for the Memphis Mavericks. None of that means his backstory is anything to dream about. It's sad and heartbreaking. Then walks in Bristol Swift, you may remember her if you read the two previous books in this series. She is Atticus and Brick's sister. Bristol hates baseball and doesn't want anything to do with it. Sawyer is not giving up wh
Dena Akbar