Start by marking “Murder of the Bride (DI Hillary Greene, #3)” as Want to Read:
Murder of the Bride (DI Hillary Greene, #3)

Murder of the Bride

(DI Hillary Greene #3)

Meet DI HILLARY GREENE, the police woman with a nose for the truth and a talent for trouble.

DI Hillary Greene is called out to attend a suspicious death at Three Oaks Farm in the picturesque village of Steeple Barton.

The large farmhouse is filled with music and revellers, but when she steps into the farm’s large cowshed, Hillary finds a dead bride. Dressed in a sumptuo
Published October 28th 2017 by Joffe Books crime, thriller and mystery (first published January 1st 2006)

To ask other readers questions about Murder of the Bride, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Murder of the Bride

Linda Strong
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
4.5 Stars

DI Hillary Greene and her team have been called to the scene of a suspicious death. The body of a young woman, dressed in a wedding gown, is found in a cow barn. The only witnesses .. the cows. She was obviously strangled .... but by who.. and why?

Upon questioning her friends, co-workers, lovers, Greene finds that the woman was not universally liked. She had her cap set for a man who would become quite rich upon the death of his father. She was one of those who s
Cheryl
Jan 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
This is a 4.5 star read.

I received a review copy of this novel directly from the author and publisher Joffe Books. I have voluntarily chosen to review the book, and the gifting in no way determines my review/rating, which reflects my honest opinion.

Wow ..... the author has really gotten into the swing of things with this novel! The plot is simpler and the list of active characters has been pared down making for a well tuned novel that is fast paced, easy to follow, yet st
Books 'n' All  Promotions
I am growing to absolutely love Hillary Greene what an amazing character she is pure excellence on Faith’s part for developing her so well. I also love the way that Faith writes these books so they can be read as stand-alone without a lot of repetitive ‘catch up’ text.

A bride is found murdered in a cow shed at a fancy dress parties. A lot of potential murderers and very few clues leaves Hillary flummoxed but not for long as she, and her team, get stuck in fitting the pieces together.
Joyce
Nov 08, 2017 rated it really liked it
4 and 1 / 2 stars

DI Hillary Greene is called to the Three Oaks Farm to the site of a body. The young woman is dressed in a beautiful wedding gown. But she is not a bride. It is a dress-up party to celebrate someone’s anniversary. She was found in a smelly barn surrounded by cows. So much for forensic evidence. After interviewing the local bobby, she interviews the two people who found her.

Hillary reviews the list of fifty or so guests and crosses out the women. That leaves them men
Elaine Tomasso
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Joffe Books for a review copy of Murder of the Bride, the third novel in the DI Hillary Greene series of police procedurals set in Oxford.

Hillary is called out late at night to a dead body. Local hairdresser, Julia Reynolds, has been found murdered in a cowshed. She is the eponymous bride having been dressed as one for a fancy dress party. As the investigation unfolds it soon becomes clear that Julia and those around her were keeping secrets, some
Judy
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
It's a costume party and the murder victim is found in the cowshed dressed as a bride. Who was she and why was she strangled? The crime is solved by Detective Inspector Hillary Greene and the reason for the murder was truly tragic. I'm definitely looking for more books by Faith Martin. I found myself arriving to my U.S. History class late because I wanted to get to the end of a chapter. The students appeared not to mind.
Donna Maguire

This is the third book that I have read in the DI Hillary Greene series and I have enjoyed all three!  The characters are going from strength to strength in the books and I really enjoy how they interact with each other.  This book has a good solid plot, it is set at a steady pace and had a few twists and turns along the way - a very enjoyable read!

This book can easily be read as a stand alone and you don't miss out on anything if you haven't read the previous two books in t
Deb
Aug 02, 2018 rated it liked it
I am continuing to enjoy this series. The characters are interesting and the plots aren’t too convoluted. Good travel and summer reading
Jannelies
Nov 25, 2017 rated it liked it
I would like to thank Netgalley and Joffe Books for a review copy of Murder of the Bride, the third novel in the DI Hillary Greene series.

To begin with the weakest point of the book: the cover. I would never buy this book based on the cover alone.

The good points of the book: there are many! I do not have to repeat the cover text here because other reviewers did so.
Hillary Greene's character is evolving more and more, and that of her colleagues too. What I liked about this story was
Ann-Marie
Nov 11, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: anglophilia
I am enjoying this series by Faith Martin. The books are free with Kindle Unlimited, and I am not sure if that has anything to do with their appeal. By this, the third book, some of the characters are becoming a bit predictable, but there is enough of a continuing ethical dilemma involving the main character, Hillary Greene, to keep me coming back for more.
THere was a nice plot twist to this tale, and a loose end that could conceivably have been left hanging without damage to the storylin
Ted Tayler
Jun 25, 2018 rated it it was amazing
"An intoxicating mix"

Another clever plot meticulously unpicked by Hillary Greene and her team. The series has all the ingredients needed. A strong female protagonist, with a colourful supporting cast for the police procedural elements, Each has their own story line to be explored, which means this type of series can run and run. Add in several red herrings and a hard to spot killer to complete the picture and you've cracked it. Bring on Book Four. I'm eager for more.
Elizabeth Ducie
Jun 29, 2018 rated it liked it
Another romp through the Oxfordshire countryside with DI Hillary Greene. This time she's searching for the murderer of a beautiful woman, who goes to a fancy dress party as a bride. There are lots of twists and turns; some interesting cases that may or may not be interwoven; and Greene's character and relationships are developing nicely. An easy read, great for relaxing on holiday. Perfect for fans of Midsomer Murders.
Laurie Way
Jul 08, 2019 rated it liked it
I am liking this series. Great main characters and satisfying mysteries.
Misfits farm
Oct 30, 2017 rated it really liked it
A bride is found dead in a barn at a fancy dress party to celebrate a 25th wedding anniversary. DI Hillary Greene is on the trail with her team and a new superintendent to get used to. What is his real mission as to why he has been transferred and why was the bride strangled? This is the third Faith Martin/DI Greene book I have read and I am enjoying them more and more each time. There is an underthread or two along the way which keeps the flow between books and a little more interest to the mai ...more
Kathy
Apr 22, 2018 added it
Shelves: abandoned
for whatever reason I went back to beginning and found I did not and do not enjoy the first several books of the series that later becomes a readable series
Rebecca Howie
Mar 10, 2018 rated it liked it
Shelves: 2018-reads
The story took a while to get underway, but there were enough unexpected twists to keep things interesting, and the solution was different from the usual motives you find in mystery novels.
Amanda
Dec 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
When I was approached and asked if I would like to take part in the blog tour for ‘Murder Of The Bride’ by Faith Martin, I accepted the invitation as I knew that it was the ideal opportunity to acquaint myself with a new author. Shockingly this is the first book by Faith Martin that I have read. I know, I know where have I been? I can’t believe that I didn’t discover this author sooner because her books are fantastic but more about that in a bit.
I took to DI Hillary Greene from the start.
Ira Therebel
Dec 09, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: fiction, crime
I am glad that I went on reading this series because I really enjoyed it. This and the last book were much better than the first one.

When it comes to what I considered the weak part of the first book, the main characters, ended up evolving pretty well and now I like reading the story besides the investigation as well. DI Hillary Green is a great detective and the rest of the team are also interesting characters.

When it comes to the murder story itself, it was great. I liked it even
Joanna Larum
Nov 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Once I started to read Murder of the Bride, I couldn't stop. I found Faith's characters to be well-rounded and believable and her knowledge of police procedure to be excellent.
The book starts with a girl's body, dressed in a wedding dress, in a cow barn at a farm where a fancy dress party is in full swing. There are numerous suspects, which Faith introduces without any particular emphasis on any one and we follow DI Hillary Greene as she and her team set about the task of finding the murde
Carole Gourlay
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another cracking tale by one of my fast becoming favourite authors.

Hillary Greene reminds me of a cross between Vera Stanhope and Miss Marple, her character develops more and more with each book I read. She is an extremely likeable character, with a razor sharp brain, but equally she is humorous too.

She is the victim of a husband who was a crooked policeman, and is forced to live on her uncles barge, which, as the weather gets worse, is not much fun, but the lovely nature and flora and fauna w
John
Jan 18, 2019 rated it really liked it
I've been getting into this series of books by Faith Martin lately and I'm really enoying them. While they aren't literary masterpieces, they're good diversion and Martin is a very capable storyteller. Her characters are well developed, so that you begin to know them. The protagonist, DI Hillary Greene, grows on you after a while.

The stories don't have any surprise twists at the end, but they do keep you guessing most of the way through the story. Martin has obviously done a lot of research abo
Marion
Oct 31, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the third book in the DI Hillary Greene series, it opens with the discovery of the body of a young woman, in a bridal gown, in a cow shed.
She had been a guest at the anniversary party being held at the farmhouse.
The investigation throws up a few different suspects and its not until the end you finally discover the identity of the perpetrator and the reasons behind the killing.
We also gain further insights into the characters and personal lives of DI Greene and her team, plus ther
Sheila Howes
Nov 05, 2017 rated it it was amazing
*Thanks to Jill Burkinshaw and the team at Joffe Books for the advanced copy which I received in exchange for an honest review*

The book opens with Hillary and her team being called out to a suspicious death at a farm in the Oxfordshire countryside. A young girl who dressed as a bride for a party in the farmhouse has been found strangled in the cowshed. The team as always hit nothing but dead ends and red herrings along the way.

This is the third book in the series, but lik
Susan
Nov 03, 2017 rated it really liked it
This is an interesting story, honestly did not totally figure it out ahead of time (although I should have!).

Descriptions of people/places are good, help create that visual I like when I read a book. Character are well developed, unlike some books I have read lately, one can actually relate in some way to all of them.

I like Hillary Greene but don't care too much for the other characters although they do help round things out. At least romance is a side thought and not focused on. The interacti
Mainer207
Jan 26, 2019 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: audiobook, kindle
I am coming to really enjoy these books more and more. Hillary and her team work well together -well, there is Frank - and they each have personal issues that make them even more intriguing.

The murder of a “bride” at a party, in a cowshed no less, starts an investigation that leads down many lanes. This seems to be something the author does well. I had no idea who was going to be discovered to have committed the murder. I like being surprised.

The narration was good. More than once, however, I
Lorraine Webb
Feb 22, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Read almost in one sitting, this book kept me interested and engrossed from beginning to end. I like the characters involved in the storyline and the fact that it is not a gritty detective novel with gratuitous descriptions of sex and violence. Some of the themes are a bit predictable and repetitive - such as stating that police work is not really like it appears in books and films, o.r the protagonists framing events as newspaper headlines - but it's like an old friend, you forgive them their m ...more
Deb Houser
Jan 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
Its good catching up with old friends again and this is how I felt when reading the third book in the DI Greene series. Her character is certainly being well developed and I enjoy her style and character traits.

This book where Hillary Greene is investigating the murder of a girl dressed a a bride, leads you down some interesting paths and the offender is well disguised but you can't get too much past DI Greene. I enjoy the other characters in the book as well which gives you some interesting si
steve coster
Sep 09, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Excellent

Excellent example of the type... a well written cleverly crafted woo. The constant cast me never step out of caricature staying where we are comfortable with finding them whilst the new protagonists enter stage left, the villains side, in a series of cleverly crafted red herrings and blind alleys.
While the murder ending is unseen and unlooked for the story ending had me almost rolling on the floor in hysterical laughter... I loved it, already downloading the next episode... Thank you.
Nerys Roberts
Oct 26, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
DI Hillary Greene has been called to the scene of a murder - a beautiful, young woman has been found strangled in a cow shed and she's dressed in a wedding dress. She hasn't been killed on her wedding day - she was attending a fancy dress party. No motive or suspect can be identified. There's a new DCI at the station too - transferred from the Met - and Hillary isn't sure whether his arrival is good or bad. Hillary is still dealing with an animal charity taking her to court to take her house off ...more
Susan
Aug 03, 2019 rated it really liked it
The first two pages of the book almost made me give up. I didn't want a whiny protagonist! But I slogged on to find an interesting story and found myself wanting to know more about what was happening with and to the characters. I hadn't read the first two books, so shall have to go back to get more insight into each of the primary characters. I love Hillary's sensitivity and sensibility, as well as her occasional bluntness. I was surprised to learn who the murderer was but could understand the r ...more
« previous 1 3 4 5 next »

• Murder Imperfect (Libby Sarjeant #7)
  • A Death in the Highlands (Euphemia Martins Mystery #2)
  • Honour Among Punks: The Complete Baker Street Collection
  • Snowballs and Scotch Mist (Belchester Chronicles #3)
  • The Death of a Mafia Don (Michele Ferrara, #3)
  • Murder in the Raw (Rex Graves Mystery, #2)
  • The Cheesecake Fake (Slice of Paradise Mysteries #2)
  • Cop To Corpse (Peter Diamond, #12)
  • Dangerously Dark (A Chocolate Whisperer Mystery, #2)
  • The Hitwoman and the Family Jewels (Confessions of a Slightly Neurotic Hitwoman #3)
  • Hail, Hail, the Gang's All Here! (87th Precinct, #25)
  • The Hindenburg Murders (Disaster Series, #2)
  • Wall-to-Wall Dead (A Do-It-Yourself Mystery, #6)
  • Copper Heart (Maria Kallio, #3)
  • Stalker on the Fens (DI Nikki Galena, #5)
Faith Martin is a pen name of English author Jacquie Walton, who is best known for her popular detective series, starring Detective Inspector Hillary Greene.

As Joyce Cato, she writes more classically-inspired 'cosy' murder mysteries. As Maxine Barry, her latest romance novels are now available from Corazon Books. As Jessie Daniels, her 'spooky' crime novel, The Lavender Lady Casefile came out in November 2017.

DI Hillary Greene (1 - 10 of 17 books)
  • Murder on the Oxford Canal (DI Hillary Greene, #1)
  • Murder at the University (DI Hillary Greene, #2)
  • Murder in the Village (DI Hillary Greene, #4)
  • Murder in the Family (DI Hillary Greene, #5)
  • With a Narrow Blade (DI Hillary Greene, #6)
  • Murder in the Meadow (DI Hillary Greene, #7)
  • Down A Narrow Path (DI Hillary Greene, #8)
  • Murder in the Garden (DI Hillary Greene, #9)
  • A Narrow Point of View (DI Hillary Greene, #10)
  • A Narrow Exit (DI Hillary Greene, #11)