Start by marking “One Piece, Volume 12: The Legend Begins (One Piece, #12)” as Want to Read:
One Piece, Volume 12: The Legend Begins (One Piece, #12)

One Piece, Volume 12: The Legend Begins

(One Piece #12)

Luffy narrowly escapes being executed by his old nemeses Lady Alvida and Buggy the Clown, but now he has the Navy hot on his trail. Leading the hunt is the relentless Captain Smoker, a man who has never let a pirate escape from his jurisdiction!
Published October 3rd 2006 by VIZ Media LLC (first published February 2nd 2000)

To ask other readers questions about One Piece, Volume 12, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about One Piece, Volume 12

Χαρά Ζ.
Jun 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Aaaaaaaand!!! Vivi-san is here <3 Oh boy. I'm feeling too much.
Maria
Aug 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
If you read this and don’t find Laboon the whale to be one of the cutest and most tragic fictional animals in history....Something must be wrong with you. Go reconsider your life choices.
Shane Reynolds
Feb 03, 2018 rated it really liked it
Shelves: one-piece
Luffy has escaped an execution by the crazy Buggy the Clown! He and the crew now must escape Loguetown all the while the Marines are chasing them. An enormous storm and Captain Smoker also throw a large obstacle for our favorite heroes. Oda creates a suspenseful conclusion for the Loguetown arc with crazy situations and a mysterious character reveal that throws questions on the already growing pile of questions. We learn more about how the world of One Piece is mapped out, as well as the law of ...more
Shyames
May 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Ciężko napisać coś nowego, coś czego już przy poprzednich tomikach nie napisałam.
Tłumaczenie w punkt, nic nie jest wymuszone, żarty śmieszą, a to najważniejsze.
Historia może trochę przynudza w tym tomie, ale Laboon wszystko wynagradza :)

Novia
Jan 05, 2009 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga, one-piece
For me, One Piece is best Manga ever written. The story always touch my heart, it is a combination of faithful friendship, laughter, loyalty and action.
Some people might find this manga as silly and pointless (I’ve heard this before) but they never truly read the Manga and therefore judging it simply from the cover. I’ve been in that position too…and thank God I finally looked beyond the cover and found the greatest adventure any Mangaka ever written.

More about One Piece at my blog http://bokuno
Koichi Mashita
Jul 21, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Baggy tried to kill Luffy, but the thunder dropped at the head of Baggy. Luffy's pirate ran away from navy. Zoro fought against Tashigi, looked like his old friend. Luffy fought against Smoker, lieutenant general in navy. Luffy might be lost the fighting with him. However the man called Dragon. They finally left for grand line. I am looking forward to reading next volume. From this volume, the stronger pirates will appear.
Manami Yamaguchi
Jul 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Junpei
Jun 10, 2018 rated it it was amazing
In this volume Luffy’s father Dragon helped Luffy to leave an island. Luffy was captured by Smoker of the navy. He has eaten moku-moku fruit and is able to be like smoke. Next section is about a whale. Crew of Luffy met a whale that is waiting a pirate for along time but actually the pirate has already dead. Luffy promised the whale to come back instead of the pirate. I like this manga because Dragon rarely appears in the whole stories and uses a special ability
Ashley
May 20, 2018 rated it liked it
Vic - Lost in Fiction
May 08, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One Piece: Volume 12: 4.5 Stars (9/10 in my own personal rating system)

-It has been years since I first read/watched One Piece (so long that back then I didn't have a Goodreads account and therefor I do not know the exact date) and it was a mess. I missed episodes as they were on tv and i am pretty sure I messed up with my switching from manga to anime and back even more. Still One Piece is one of my favourite Stories to ever exist in any medium EVER and so this re-read was born.-

Spoilers below

W
Thelma
Apr 23, 2014 rated it really liked it
Shelves: manga
4,5
We're there. Grand Line. The serious business starts here! I love how they all remind themselves why they're here before going through Reverse Mountain. I love the worldbuilding. I love Laboon and the promise Luffy makes to Laboon. The Logue Pose. The first journey in the weird climate of Grand Line. Zorro being a badass at the end. The Baroque Works arc is starting!!
Gözde Yeşilsefa
Josh Whittington
Apr 21, 2018 rated it really liked it
The ending of the East Blue arc is actually the first chapter of this volume despite it being marked as a Baroque Works volume. We see the end of the Straw Hats escape from a number of opposing forces who are all after them, and get some teases of higher powers that have something in store for Luffy which is a good lead-in to a new arc.

There’s a bigger focus on sailing in this volume, as it quickly becomes apparent that the crew are woefully underprepared to sale the Grand Line. There’s lakes th
Paulina
Aug 29, 2018 rated it really liked it
La tripulación consigue escapar de Buggy y se dirigen hacia el Grand Line, sin embargo en el camino se ven atrapados por el Calm Belt y terminan encontrándose con Laboon, una de las ballenas que más ternura me ha dado. Finalmente los piratas terminan en una isla llena de caza recompensas.

Me gustó este tomo por la interacción de los personajes tanto en el mar como en la fiesta de la isla, aunque extrañé las grandes escenas de acción a las que me acostumbré en el arco de Arlong. No obstante entien
Adrien
May 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
One Piece Volume 12 - The Legends Begins is one of the best so far. I loved this book as it has so many important parts. If you want to enjoy this book at the most you must read the past few books. In this book Luffy escapes Buggy the Clown just barely. Right after Zolo meets someone he seems to know from along time ago, they fight and Zolo wins, he doesn't kill her because she's a woman. They escape and Nami finally understands how the Grandline works. At first they try going through the calm b ...more
Adam Spanos
Sep 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: one-piece, manga, viz
Having narrowly escaped execution at the hands of Buggy and Alvida, Luffy and the other Star Hats flee from their pursuers and head for the greatest ocean in the world, the Grand Line. Once there though the crew comes across a massive obstacle and must also deal with the Grand Lines unique climate.

This is another very good volume of `One Piece' that sees the crew finally make it to the Grand Line. The volume gives us a bit of information on how difficult it is just to navigate the greatest ocean
Jared Emry
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
"The Legend Begins" is a title I'd agree with. It's probably a decent practice to see all previous volumes as being like a prequel. It's here where I'd argue that the story truly begins; the title itself seems like quite the evidence for it. Regardless, from here on the action in the overarching story rises at a steadily increasing rate.
This volume itself contains an interesting story that links the story to it's set up mythos.
Baul De
Aug 07, 2018 rated it really liked it
Lee toda la reseña aquí: http://www.bauldelibros.es/resenas/on...

Definitivamente, saga de Arabasta es una de las mejores de One Piece. No incorpora tantos personajes ni nuevas situaciones, a excepción de su arco principal, el de Arabasta, que es sorprendente y fascinante.
Michael Schmid
Dec 21, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Am meisten an diesem Band hat mir die Story rund um La Boom gefallen. Aber auch der Rest war wie gewohnt spannend, lustig und unterhaltsam... OP halt xD xD
Abeer Albossany
Sep 10, 2018 rated it did not like it
I found this volume a bit slow and too much details.
Yaiza
Finally the Grand Line!
The Stumps
Jan 16, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: digital-books
Another fun volume of pirate action.
JDR
Jul 24, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: manga, viz-media
1. The Laboon section is not really my cup of tea
2. The end of Chapter 100 is also iconic
3. Alabasta and Baroque Works - where One Piece truly becomes One Piece, coming up soon
Alok
quero adotar o laboon 3
Robert Gilson
Feb 06, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: manga
Lady Alvida and Buggy the Clown are back. Also the introduction of Captain Smoker.
Nidah (SleepDreamWrite)
Another good volume.
Michelle (In Libris Veritas)
Jun 15, 2017 rated it really liked it
Shelves: 2017, manga
3.5 Stars
  • Naruto 39: 動き出す者たち [Ugokidasu Mono-Tachi] 〈ナルト 巻ノ39〉
  • フェアリーテイル 21 [Fearī Teiru 21] (Fairy Tail, #21)