Start by marking “Freeing Jasper (707 Freedom #2)” as Want to Read:
Freeing Jasper (707 Freedom #2)

Freeing Jasper

(707 Freedom #2)

The moment Jasper heard Emily Jenkins' sultry voice he was transfixed.

An instant and heated reaction that wound its way through his soul and warmed his skin. The inexplicable connection was broken as fast as it began. Emily has a son. Jasper doesn't "do" kids.

When her life spirals out of control, will Jasper be able to let go of his tragic past and save Emily and her s
Published November 29th 2017 by Rebels Romance

To ask other readers questions about Freeing Jasper, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Freeing Jasper

Start your review of Freeing Jasper (707 Freedom #2)
Misti  Long
Dec 14, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I knew when I read Free that I was intrigued by Jasper and I knew there was story.

What I wasn't prepared for was how gut wrenched I'd be at the end of this book as I ugly cried until I FINALLY got my happy back. This author pulled you in and took you on a mission that is beyond your imagination.

The innocent first meeting of Emily to Jasper to the way he comes to her rescue time and time again. As Emily is crawling in deeper and deeper under his skin Jasper is making every excuse he can.

Can't
Shelley
Apr 23, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Freeing Jasper😢

Jasper’s story is the second in the 707 Freedom series and I’m kicking my own butt because I’ve seen Riley’s name around but held off reading her work but I’m fully immersed now and I’m not holding back😁

Jasper’s story is full of emotions. His past is so sad but when he meets Emily, he’s attracted to her but pulls back after finding out she has a child, but not for the reasons she’s thinking🤔 Suffice to say when he goes into the bank one afternoon and he sees Emily at the teller an
Sharon Kallenberger Marzola
Love this story. A realistic look at men in special operations and the women who love them.

Full review on Badass Bloggettes: https://badassbloggettes.wordpress.co...
Kay Daniels (Kay Daniels Romance)
Jasper is part of a black ops team. A team for all purposes that doesn't exist. As a matter of fact, on the books Jasper was listed as working at the 707 research battalion where he tracked supplies and inventory. When he meets Emily it doesn't cross her mind that he would do anything else, she believed her late husband and friends when they told her what happened around the army base, so why should she believe anything different, that all changed the day Jasper decided to take over her life.

Jas
Badass Bloggettes
What a way to start a tale! It is like a shootout at the OK Corral then gets more nerve-wracking from there. Then the action really heated up in all ways. Love it! Freeing Jasper is my first book by Riley Edwards—I need more…like now. There is nothing better than a group of Black Ops, hot alpha men to make my day.

Freeing Jasper is Jasper Walker’s story and the second book in the Black Ops series. Jasper is a fascinating guy. He is a man who is emotionally scarred but learned through his
Melissa J (Book Addicts Reviews)
4.5 stars!! This was a fantastic book!! Life got in the way so it took me longer then it should to read but in all honesty this could be one of my one trip reads!!

This is the second book of the series but can be read as a stand alone, which I have done. But now I am super curious about Lennox and Lily!!!

Ok so this story is about a team of men, for all intents and purposes do not exist, that make up a special ops team. One man, named Jasper, is a hard ass man whore but he is sooo good at it. Unti
Crystal's Book World ~ Crystal Cordova
I am digging the Black Ops series! Freeing Jasper will get underneath your skin. We met Jasper in Shane and Lily's story. He helped the two figure out that they needed each other and not push each other away. Now is Jasper's time to tell you what demons he has to face everyday. Emily blew into his life and he was ready to make a move, until he found out Emily has a son.

They battle that these two go fighting against their attraction. The danger lurking around with Emily's past coming in full bla
Christi Fowler
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Genre: Romance - Suspense, Military
Stand Alone: Yes
Part of a Series: Yes - Book 2 of the 707 Freedom Black Ops series (Same series, different couple)
POV: Jasper and Emily
Steam Level: Quite Warm
4.5/5

I love Jasper. I loved him in Lily and Lennox's book and I loved his book. Jasper is a sexy playboy with hurt lurking in his soul. A hurt we know about from reading Free but come to know and understand the depth of in his and Emily's book. Emily is a widow and a single mom who puts her son first and
Beth
This is the second book in The 707 Freedom Series. This series covers the men of a black ops unit that deploys at a moment’s notice with missions of utmost secrecy and the women that love them. Another smoking hot roller coaster ride that had me on the edge of my seat! I loved every minute of it.

I fell in love with Jasper in Free, and couldn’t wait for his book, and let me tell you this book didn’t disappoint. Jasper is an outrageous flirt and is known as a man-whore. The women that he is with k
Kylie
Nov 27, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
A wonderfully written novel, Freeing Jasper is every bit as good as "Free", book one of the Black Ops series.

If you don't instantly fall in love with Jasper I'd be surprised. But I call dibs 🤷🏻‍♀️ so y'all can take a seat. :)

Seriously, though, Riley brings such life to her characters that it's nearly impossible to not get fully sucked in.

While this book doesn't have as much high stakes, adrenaline spiking scenes you're still going to be biting your nails and holding your breath!
Wonderfully w
LaTonja
Mar 01, 2020 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
I think Jasper is my favorite 707 man. He is so approachable, funny, loyal as hell. And enters Emily. I love this series . Emily's strong presence gives our playboy Jasper a run for his money. Oh...and Jason is so much a part of Emily's world. He wanted to back off, but he couldn't. Emily was the reason Jasper could actually think of himself as a family man.
Gretchen
3.5 Stars on this one, too. I enjoy the writing and I love Jasper’s character. I get his aversion to kids, but I really think it was a bit over the top. Accidents happen and childbirth is dangerous. There was nothing he could have done to change the outcome. It seems like he felt bad about how he left the situation and latched his guilt onto that issue. Baby momma’s family was amazingly accepting of Jasper and that almost seemed too easy. The suspense story line was well woven through the entire ...more
Smashlybookalicousreviewingchicks
The Black Ops men keep tugging at your heart and you cannot help, but want to free their pain as you read their stories. These men have seen and have done some bad stuff to protect our country, but we all know these strong men hide the soft side of their personality and feelings. They let you see what they want; however, these girls are showing these hot and strong men that they can still be the fighters and love at the same time.
We got to meet Jasper in book 1 (Shane AKA Lennox and Lily’s stor
Piper's Romance Reads
Riley Edwards kicks the emotional heat up an additional notch in Freeing Jasper, the second book of the 707 series. From the series’ first book, Free, we learned Jasper had a painful, dark past and uses crass humor as a shield to hide his true feelings. Jasper is truly happy to see Lenox and Lily happily married, but the sight of their newborn son brings to light emotions Jasper long ago thought he’d buried. Jasper is a regular in the Lenox household and one night he meets Emily at a family dinn ...more
Rebecca Austin
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Shelves: review-companies
Jasper Walker works for a Black Ops secret division and has no problem walking into danger. He avoids relationships at all costs and is known for the women he goes through due to an incident in his past.

Emily Jenkins is a widow and mother to a young boy named Jason. Her husband died overseas and she does her best to raise Jason alone.

When Emily and Jasper first meet they are immediately attracted to each other but Jasper runs the moment he hears she has a child. But 6 months later Emily and Jasp
KFForever
Nov 29, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
kfforever

Reviewed by Anna Green on behalf of KFF

This is the second book of A Black Ops romance featuring one of the characters from the 707 research and development team. The first book was about Lily and Lennox and book 2 is about Jasper, the playboy of the group and Emily, Lily’s friend.

Told in dual points of view, the reader is introduced into Jasper’s revolving door of women and his all consuming guilt from his dark past. Jasper’s charismatic and brooding character is what draws Emily, a
Jennifer Pierson
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
In his professional life, Jasper Walker is a highly trained assassin, but in his off time, he keeps a revolving door of women that he will never get close too, which makes him the player of his team. But the day that he meets Emily for the first time, he's hit with a powerful connection, but when he finds out that she has a son, he bolts as fast as he can, not to be seen for several months later. See, the demons from his past had him making a vow that he wouldn't have anything to do with any wom ...more
Ria -  Reading Is Our Satisfaction
Jasper and Emily ..... beautiful

FREEING JASPER is book #2 in Riley Edwards' Black Ops series. Just like FREE, the first novel, Ms Edwards has managed to capture my heart with both Jasper and Emily.

Jasper Walker is a man who carries a vast amount of guilt over events from his past. He turned his life upside down in order to run away from a situation that has always haunted him. A self-proclaimed man-whore, his world is rocked on it's foundation when he introduced to Emily Jenkins. Emily too, ha
Kcduchess
Freeing Jasper is many things. I like Riley Edwards'writing style, it is effortless, and the flow of her stories is marvelous. Freeing Jaspers makes no exception here, I loved the story.

The story has a heartbreaking backstory that is the reason why Jasper Walker is 100% committed to his team and work. There is no room for love, he gives his women seven days and then they're out. No time to develop feelings. Not until he meets Emily at a barbecue.

She's a widow and a mother to six-year-old Jason.
Tonya
Nov 29, 2017 rated it it was amazing
This is the second book in the 707 Freedom Series. I do recommend you read Free first. I’m a sucker for a great special ops read. And both of these have been great. The characters are loveable and the men are alpha’s with a heart. Now, you don’t have to read Free first, but there is an arching storyline that does continue in this book.

After the first book, I really liked Jasper. After reading this, I absolutely love him.

I have to say, I love that Riley Edwards used the term “dependapotomus” in
Tonya
May 20, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

I have to say, I love that Riley Edwards used the term “dependapotomus” in t
Chasing The Words  Book Blog
Oct 16, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Another hot, suspenseful book filled with hot Military Men by Riley Edwards!

How can one go wrong with a Bad@ss, Alpha Man in the Military? You honestly can’t. Jasper captured my heart in book 1 Free and I was so happy to get the rest of his story in Freeing Jasper. My heart ached for him - just wanted to jump into the book and give him huge hugs (Emily took care of him for me though). He is 100% swoon worthy.

Jasper and Emily’s story is one filled with guilt, hope, denial, faith, love and more.
Scarlett Ian
Oct 24, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
I was so excited to read this book; the synopsis & description drew me in and I knew this was going to be a book that I couldn’t put down. And I was not let down. There was so much going on in this book. Both Emily & Jasper have secrets that they are keeping from each other, and hurts that make them hesitant to try a relationship with each other. There are a few times that the author had me wondering if they were going to work out or just keep their walls up. You’ll have to read and find out if ...more
Cheri
Nov 28, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Good one! I read this in one sitting. The story is touching, filled with action, hot guys, intrigue and I want more.
Jasper is part of a special team directed from the very top.
Meeting Emily at a team BBQ he knew she wasn't the kind of woman you left after. And he wasn't the man to make promises.
Still, she captured his attention...until she said the one thing that could pull him back from pursuit. Her son. He didn't do women with kids.
He should have been able to forget her. He couldn't just like
Scarlett Ian
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it
I was so excited to read this book; the synopsis & description drew me in and I knew this was going to be a book that I couldn't put down.  And I was not let down.  There was so much going on in this book.  Both Emily & Jasper have secrets that they are keeping from each other, and hurts that make them hesitant to try a relationship with each other.  There are a few times that the author had me wondering if they were going to work out or just keep their walls up.  You'll have to read and find ou ...more
Kathryn Linke
Nov 28, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
4 Stars

Freeing Jasper, was my first time reading anything written by Riley Edwards, and I wasn't disappointed. I love a military/romantic suspense so was immediately drawn to this title. Although Freeing Jasper is the second title in the Black Ops Series, it can easily be read as a standalone.

This is an emotional story of friendship and forgiveness, full of twists and turns and elements of danger, action, intrigue, suspense and heart .

I found the characters of Jasper and Emily to be endearing
Cara Ross
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I have not read the first book in the 707 Freedom series, but that didn't matter, as the author did a fantastic job of making the book a standalone, and it totally didn't stop me from being swept up in the heartbreak and the drama.

When it comes to the characters you cannot help thinking that Jasper is a bit of a manwhore, but what you cannot help to realize is that his flirty, 7-day time limit with women, and solely focusing on the job, is just a mask to hide the pain from his past. And then the
Cara Ross
Nov 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition

Teresa
May 15, 2020 rated it it was amazing
Freeing Jasper by Riley Edwards is the second book in her 707 Freedom series. I really enjoyed the story about Jasper and Emily. I'd give the story 4.8 stars and can't read the next book in the series.

Emily Jenkins works at a bank when she comes face to face with a bank robber. Jasper was there and steps in but it exposes the 707 team as he calls two of them in for assistance. Since she's now knows of the secretive black ops group she'll recognize that Jasper doesn't want to be around women wit
« previous 1 3 next »

• SEAL's Spitfire (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Black Eagle Book 1)
  • Rescuing Katherine (Special Forces: Operation Alpha) (Bravo RISC Team, #2)
  • Rescuing Gracelynn (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Bravo RISC Team #1)
  • SEAL's Sunshine (Black Eagle Team #2 / Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Elise (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Finding His Destiny Book 2)
  • Charlotte (Special Forces: Operation Alpha / Finding His Destiny Book 1)
  • SEAL's Hellion (Special Forces Operation Alpha / Black Eagle Book 3)
  • Securing Avery (SEAL of Protection: Legacy, #5)
  • SEAL's Sky (Operation Alpha: Special Forces / Black Eagle Book 4)
  • Defending Zara (Mountain Mercenaries, #6)
  • Shielding Gillian (Delta Team Two #1)
  • Daisy (Special Forces: Operaton Alpha) (Finding His Destiny Book 3)
  • Rescuing Emma (Special Forces: Operation Alpha)
  • Securing Zoey (SEAL of Protection: Legacy #4)
  • Defending Everly (Mountain Mercenaries, #5)
  • Shielding Shayna (Brotherhood Protectors World & Special Forces & Brotherhood Protectors Series Book 6)
  • Covering Coco (Special Forces: Operation Alpha & Special Forces & Brotherhood Protector #7)
  • Shielding Evanleigh

Riley Edwards is a bestselling multi-genre author, wife, and military mom. Riley was born and raised in Los Angeles but now resides on the east coast with her fantastic husband and children.

Riley writes heart-stopping romance with sexy alpha heroes and even stronger heroines. Riley's favorite genres to write are romantic suspense and military romance.

Don't forget to sign up for our newsletter an

707 Freedom (4 books)
  • Free (707 Freedom #1)
  • Finally Free (Levi): A Black Ops Romance (The 707 Freedom Series Book 3)
  • Freedom (707 Freedom #4)

News & Interviews