Start by marking “The Tower (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #9)” as Want to Read:
The Tower (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #9)

The Tower

(Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #9)

Ellie's new case takes her far out of town, to an historic but crumbling nineteenth-century skyscraper in downtown Atlanta. The reclusive, once-prominent family living at the top of the tower are experiencing paranormal disturbances that grow more threatening by the day.

Ellie and Stacey must unravel the hidden history of the tower and the ancestors of the family who occupy
Published October 28th 2017 by jlbryanbooks.com

To ask other readers questions about The Tower, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about The Tower

Mlpmom (Book Reviewer)
4.5 Stars!

It is always a sign of a good author when even though I am so tired I can barely keep my eyes open and it's the middle of the night and this book is super creepy, I still can't put it down. And not just can't, but I don't even want to, it is just that good.

That is what the whole Ellie Jordan series to date, has been like for me, a book drug that I just can't seem to get enough of.

Bryan not only knows how to write a story that is engaging and entertaining but so filled with look over yo
Montzalee Wittmann
Dec 02, 2018 rated it it was amazing
The Tower
By: J. L. Bryan
Narrated by: Carla Mercer-Meyer
I love this series. The book is filled with suspense and sprinkled with humor. The women go to a skyscraper to check out odd things that almost get them killed! Lots of twists and turns until it ends in a surprise ending. I love the great humorous dialogue in these books!
The narration is tremendous! All the various voices and great way the narrator makes the suspense creepy and the fun even funnier!
Liliana
Reviewed on Lili Lost in a Book

In this installment of Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, we have a case outside of town, and it's a haunted skyscraper! How cool is that?

---

Ellie: “We don’t even know if there’s a real ghost involved yet, or just creaky floorboards and groaning pipes.”
“Well, I sure hope something’s haunted, because I had to wake up at headache o’clock today,” Stacey said.

---
Me every morning😂😭

I really loved the setting! Anyway, in this case, we have a seemingly cursed family that has be
JoScho
Oct 14, 2018 rated it really liked it
This is the ninth book in the series about Ellie, a ghost hunter. These books are fun, light reads. This installment takes us from Ellie’s home in Savannah to Atlanta to investigate a haunted skyscraper. There are some serious ghosts waiting for her and her partner, Stacy, when they arrive. They have to help the family and find a way to trap the evil entities. Covers are cheesy in my opinion but the stories keep me entertained.
Heidi
Aug 31, 2018 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
Four and a half stars: A fantastically creepy edition in a ghostly series that should not be missed!

Ellie and Stacey are going on a road trip. They have been hired by a wealthy family in Atlanta to investigate a haunted skyscraper in downtown Atlanta. When Stacey and Ellie arrive at their destination, they can immediately tell that something is not right about the old tower. The building is dilapidated, lights flicker and the atmosphere is oppressive. Their clients, are from a prestigious Atlant
Tania
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
How can anyone not love Ellie? Even chirpy Stacey is growing on me. Never a dull moment with these two and their ghost trapping. Cannot wait for the next book.
Michelle
Nov 24, 2017 rated it it was amazing
I'm a big fan of the Ellie Jordan Ghost Trapper series, and I stalk online book shops eager to find out when I get the next instalment. Thankfully after unsuccessful stalking I soon found a copy of the book in my inbox from the author, and began reading.

As soon as I saw that The Tower was going to be based around a sky scraper I was stupidly excited. Although not technically named a 'sky scraper' and definitely not as tall as one, my own home is a high rise block of flats that is 12 stories high
Kelly
Nov 04, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: ebooks, read-in-2017
You know, Ellie's job might be going places (what? Atlanta is places.), but her social life is a barren wasteland. Poor lady. She's a mess after what happened between her and her dude and she's channeling all that...You know, I don't know what to call it. It's not quite heartbreak (although, I still hold out hope it could go that way if time and fate give them a second chance), but more like a sinking realization that her life doesn't intersect with many other people. Romantically or otherwise.

S
Edeena Cross
Oct 30, 2017 rated it it was amazing
It seems like a long time since the last book...

And since I pretty much inhaled this one, there’s a long wait ahead. It was nice to see Ellie out of her environment, and I wish she had some happiness or resolution of her own. A fun read perfect for Halloween Eve.
Lori Allison
Oct 18, 2018 rated it really liked it
The Tower was a pretty involved story about an old prominent family whose ghosts - literally - came back to haunt them. I'm a big fan of J.L. Bryan, mostly because his books have a strong creep factor to them. The only thing I didn't like about this book was there were so many family members talked about, I kept losing track of who was who. That problem aside, J.L. Bryan is always worth reading!
Amy Corwin
Nov 03, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Lots of Fun

I am a total fan of the Ellis Jordan series, and although each book stands alone/can be read in any order, I do recommend reading them in order. I actually didn't and really enjoyed all of them, but in hindsight, reading them in order would be good. In a way, I am saying that because I would just buy all of them and enjoy them.

On to the nitty gritty.
Ellis is a wonderful, slightly snarky character, and she tells the story, which is always an interesting combination of ghost story and m
Mandy (I Read Indie) Anderson
I was so excited to see this book had released. I had planned on diving in on Halloween and devouring it. Unfortunately I was sick and it never happened. Well, it did. Just slowly. Though no fault of it’s own, it took me almost 2 weeks to finish this amazing read. I hate when I get in a funk and it takes me so long to finish a book. Especially one as great as this one.

Ellie and Stacey are headed out of Savannah and into the heart of Atlanta to meet with some new clients that may or may not own
Mary Heron
Nov 11, 2017 rated it it was amazing
The most malevolent ghost yet.

Ellie and Stacey are out of town in this episode. Called in to investigate an old skyscraper situated in Atlanta, with offices and shops on twelve floors then with five floors given over to apartments. The building has become neglected with an opressive atmosphere which affects everybody who lives and works there. The Penneford family owns the building and have have lived on the top two floors since their ancestor built the building in the late 1800s. Now there's on
Ozsaur
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
I'm a big fan of the series, and there's been some ups and downs, and this is a definite up. I liked the change of location to Atlanta, and the setting in an old skyscraper. The author is very good at finding new and interesting locations for an investigation.

I'm just going to point out a few things I like about the series. I love how J.L. Bryan lays out all the possibilities, holding nothing back - while other writers hold clues back, trying to give a false sense of surprise when they spring it
Laura Thomas
Jan 27, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Shelves: horror, paranormal
Nine books in and this series still thrills me.

Ellie and her co-worker, Stacey, might have bit off more than they can chew. Their new case takes them out of town to check out an old skyscraper. When they enter it’s doors, the heavy atmosphere is hard to ignore. With such an old building, it’s sure to be filled with many ghosts. Those suspicions are quickly confirmed and this could become their toughest case yet.

There are a lot of characters to keep track of. We’re talking generations, and it too
Maetta
Nov 02, 2017 rated it really liked it
Ellie and Stacey are off to a job in Atlanta working for a formerly prominent family in the city, the Penneforts. The Pennefort building was one of the first skyscrapers erected in 1899 with 17 stories. The clients have a residence near the top floor. Just entering the building gives both Ellie and Stacey the creeps. People working on the lower floors do not seem happy there.
This generation of Penneforts is into Ren Fest miniatures and art and dress everyday as if they were part of a certain t
d.mcnicholas
Dec 04, 2018 rated it really liked it
Terror Tower

In this edition of the ghost trappers tales, Ellie and Stacy find themselves in Atlanta investigating a very haunted, old tower block. It's one of the oldest in Atlanta and full of spooky spirits. This is one of the most complicated stories so far and you feel the girls will never get to the bottom of the mysterious deaths. The family, who own the building, were once very prominent but are now a fading light in the community. I really liked the twists and turns in this book. You're n
Linda
Dec 07, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Ellie and Stacy's latest case takes them to Atlanta, site of the Pennefort Building, a skyscraper built in 1899 and owned by the Pennefort's family for generations. But is it haunted and possibly responsible for any or all of the family's deaths over the years. As they make their way through the building, Ellie and Stacy realize that this may be their hardest case to resolve yet. This is a great series and each new Ghost Trapper case gets scarier and more exciting. I started reading this story a ...more
Diza Permatasari
Whoa! The ghost are getting scarier this time. Seriously, i got a goosebump in a certain page and i have to ga back again to make sure I got what Ellie means when she said "you're a ghost" (I hope it's not a spoiler).

This series seems different from the others, there are no other character beside Ellie, Stacey, and Jacob. Not even Calvin. That shows Ellie and Stacey are getting good in catching ghost. The conversation between them sure is witty, I love them. The story and mystery are so clever,
Rene
Nov 02, 2017 rated it it was ok
Didn't really care for this one, although I've read all the others. IMO the author has turned completely to the YA market, which is fine, just not my cup of tea (being the, ahem, elder that I am) ;-) Some clever repartee is fine, but too much silliness from Stacey in this one (is she EVER going to grow up?). The story was disjointed and kind of boring at times, found myself scanning through pages. I know I'm in the minority here, but it's the last one for me.
I also find the cover juvenile and a
Lacey
Nov 26, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Well that escalated quickly. I am always to excited to see a new Ellie Jordan book come out. This one was great, there was some series spookiness going on and the bad guy was so excellently bad. I loved the twist, totally did not see it coming. Can't wait for the next one, this is such a great series and I'm astonished that this is already book 9. Each story is unique and adds to the series in such a way to elevate the danger and make the stakes higher with each book.
Ken Glisson
Apr 29, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Scary stuff

The story lines are excellent, believable. The sour O am sure has many ghosts. I love the description of the mansions and the history of the houses and the seas the ghosts are from and the way they have to research. Sad as today people don't write letters, half can't even write in cursive, that's where our personality touches the paper. I really enjoy this series and hope Ellie finds the closure she seeks.
Hazel Waite
Dec 23, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Never a let down

Yet again a fantastic story from this author. Very much recommend this series for anyone into haunting stories. Ellie and Stacey are very likeable characters and the stories are easy to get into to the point you cannot put them down. Roll on 2018 for the next instalment.
Lorraine
Apr 13, 2019 rated it it was amazing
The Tower was an AWESOME READ!!

The Tower, brings Ellie and Stacey to a building in the heart of Atlanta! A non-stop read, as Ellie and Stacey and eventually Jacob, try to solve the problem of ghosts in an office tower. Yepper, not one, but plenty of ghosts.
An Ellie Jordan book, you must read!!
Edison T.
Jan 18, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Another thoroughly enjoyable Ellie Jordan Book

I always grab new books in this series as soon as they come out, and JL Bryan didn't disappoint with this one. A haunted skyscraper is a cool idea, and even nine books in he manages to find creative ways to tell a ghost story. Definitely recommend it if you enjoyed the rest of the series, and looking forward to the next book!
A Gail Hairston
Nov 25, 2017 rated it really liked it
"Tower" is full of evil ghosts...

... so full all the names and entangled lives got a little confusing. But a great plot and exciting surprise-packed concluding battle made up for it. Bryan is relentless, always giving readers more than they expect. I look forward to Ellie's next adventure!
Heather
Jan 17, 2018 rated it it was amazing
Wow

Book 9 is at the top of my favorites! I love old hotels like the one in this book! It was a very interesting family plot. The Keeper and The Tower are definitely must reads! The great thing about this serious is that in everyone of them it gives you a bit of a background as to what has previously happened so you don't really get that lost if you skip books!
Gena Calta
Nov 13, 2017 rated it it was amazing
Awesome!

This series just keeps getting better! I just love all of the twists and turns! I really like Ellie's tough girl persona. She can. Take care of herself and the others around her.
Jeanne
Jan 23, 2018 rated it it was amazing
I love all the Ellie Jordan books! They are well written and exciting, and will keep you turning pages long into the night if you're not careful, and then, of course, you won't be able to sleep. Can't wait for the next one!

• A Haunting in Crown Point (Spookshow 6)
  • Haunted (A Bridgeton Park Cemetery Book)
  • The Middle House: Return to Cold Creek Hollow
  • Auld Lang Syne : A MARY O’REILLY SERIES SHORT STORY
  • Raven's Rise (World on Fire #3)
  • Falling (Falling Angels Saga, #4)
  • Ghosts Gone Wild (Beechwood Harbor Ghost Mystery, #2)
  • A Witchy Mystery (Harper Grant Mystery #2)
  • Witch School Dropout (Witch Squad Mystery #7)
  • Lilac Skully and the Haunted House
  • Fading Frost (Crystal Frost, #4)
  • Spartan Promise (Mythos Academy: Colorado, #2)
  • Grave Decisions (A Maddie Graves Mystery #7)
J.L. Bryan studied English literature at the University of Georgia and at Oxford, with a focus on English Renaissance and Romantic literature. He also studied screenwriting at UCLA. He lives in the metro Atlanta sprawl with his wife Christina, where he spends most of his day serving the toddler and animal community inside his house. He is the author of the Paranormals series and the Songs of Magic ...more

Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (1 - 10 of 11 books)
  • Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #1)
  • Cold Shadows (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #2)
  • The Crawling Darkness (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #3)
  • Terminal  (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #4)
  • House of Whispers (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper, #5)
  • Maze of Souls (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #6)
  • Lullaby (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #7)
  • The Keeper (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #8)
  • The Monster Museum (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #10)
  • Fire Devil (Ellie Jordan, Ghost Trapper #11)
“His ears perked up as though he'd heard something,” 1 likes