What do you think?
Rate this book
472 pages, Hardcover
First published May 14, 2019
”Surrounding the large platters were smaller ones: oily dolma stuffed with onions and roasted eggplants, round of baked kibbeh garnished with mint, the flattest of manakish laden with tangy zataar and olive oil.”
"I'm no hashashin, but in my humble observations, it seems you can't take your eyes off her," Altair drawled in Nasir's ear.
"Jealous?" Nasir asked...
"I would be, if I didn't know you stare at me just as much."
“Good night, he wanted to whisper.
But he was the Prince of Death, Amir al-Maut, as his mother had once called him in the old tongue, and good night always felt like goodbye.”
sister of her heart
- I adored the relationship zafira and yasmine shared, it was so honest and loving and even though we only got to see them interact for a short period of time, the core of their friendship was so strong and sweet
- “Come back, Zafira. No matter what. Victorious of not, come back.”
- and we stan female friendships
- the reason for my death: nasir and altair
- these two!! THESE TWO!!!! !!!THESE TWO!!!!
- you want to know which trope beats ‘enemies to lovers’?
- ENEMIES TO BESTIES
- Excuse me while I lie down
- “I hope you can climb,” Nasir said.
“Do I look like a monkey?” Altair asked.
“That would be a disgrace to the monkey,” Nasir answered.
- i just want my beautiful boys to be happy :( someone give altair a plate of kunafa and a cup of qahwa and get nasir a big warm blanket and hot chocolate
✺ Read this fast-paced fantasy romance for a world craving the lost magic, for twists that surprise with subtlety, for the monsters that lurk, and for beautiful words that perfectly encapsulate everything. ✺
↦ read this review on my blog! ↤
// buddy read with picasso (tag later)
“We hunt the flame, the light in the darkness, the good this world deserves.”
“If I told you my name, would you bow?” His voice was soft. A melancholy caress. He lifted his chin when understanding dawned on her face. “Or would you flee?”
“We’re sorry,” the Huntress said.
Nasir lifted his eyebrows as she lowered her bow. He was not sorry.
. ⋅ ˚̣- : ✧ : – ⭒ ❦ ⭒ – : ✧ : -˚̣⋅ .