Start by marking “Of Printers and Presents” as Want to Read:
Of Printers and Presents

Of Printers and Presents

Colleagues Ford and Vaughan have long admired each other from afar, but Vaughan’s shyness and Ford’s emotional hang-ups have meant that neither has made a move. That all changes when they draw each other’s name in the office Secret Santa.
Published November 20th 2017 by NineStar Press

To ask other readers questions about Of Printers and Presents, please sign up.

Be the first to ask a question about Of Printers and Presents

Susan
Nov 18, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: christmas, arc, gbr, low-angst, mm

Very cute, but unfortunately it took a while for something to happen between the MCs and when it did it was a bit of a letdown.

Vaughan and Ford have been colleagues for 2 years now. Both are secretly pining for one another, but both are too shy to do anything about it. When they both get each other’s name in the Secret Santa gift exchange, they both decide separately to go all out and buy something meaningful for the other one...

I liked the fact that both men were pining for the other
Cadiva
Nov 20, 2017 rated it liked it
2.5*

This is a short (very) Christmas office romance which is super sweet but in which not much actually happens.

I liked the build up of two guys each crushing on the other but being too shy or scared to do anything about it and we get to see the inner thoughts of both men.

When they get the other in a work Secret Santa it provides an opportunity to test the waters. Unfortunately, after the reveal everything happens off page and the book ends, leaving things a bit flat.

#ARC received from the publi
Nathan Burgoine
Nov 22, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: glbt
I liked this cute set-up between two office co-workers. One is painfully shy, the other assumes the former is way out of his league, and when the two get assigned each other for the Secret Santa, they both get it in their heads that a perfect gift would be their one shot at expressing how much they appreciate the other (y'know, from afar, and with no fallout, because shy and/or out-of-his-league).

I love the gifts they chose, and I liked how, once they received a gift from someone who had obviou
Gillian Kevern
Dec 24, 2017 rated it really liked it
Sweet, uncomplicated holiday romance between two shy men. No real conflict and, because both characters are very shy and inhabit their own heads a lot, very narrative heavy, but I read this Christmas Day and it hit exactly the right note.
Lucy
Nov 19, 2017 rated it liked it
I liked the idea of this one – Ford and Vaughn work for the same company and each wants to be with the other but both have issues that prevent this from happening. When the Secret Santa names come out, fate has smiled and given each man the other’s name. Of course, both want the gift to be incredible, something each will remember even if they never know who has given it.

It was cute to see them wanting to impress the other even though both felt there would be no recognition from it. Just making
Tess
Nov 28, 2017 rated it liked it
Annie Maus
Nov 20, 2017 rated it really liked it
If you’re too shy or too insecure to approach that special someone you’ve admired from afar, Asta Idonea’s Of Printers and Presents is just the gift for you.

This Christmas novelette wowed me with its clean language, which offered so much in so few words.

For two years, Ford and Vaughan have nursed secret crushes on each other. But “Vaughan had always been painfully shy,” Idonea informs us.

Besides, neither man dares to risk unpleasantness while employed by a company they both like. Especiall
Serena Yates
Nov 30, 2017 rated it liked it
Shelves: gay, holiday, read-2017
Two hesitant men, an office setting, and holiday spirit mix well in this short, sweet romance where the Secret Santa event provides an opportunity for both men to make a move neither of them might have made on their own volition for quite some time to come. After all, they have already worked for the same company for two years and nothing has happened so far…

Please find my full review on Rainbow Book Reviews.
Lindsay
Apr 26, 2018 rated it it was amazing  ·  review of another edition
Sweet short read

Ford and Vaughan two men working together but hiding their crushed for each other.
A sweet short story of taking that leap to something you want.
Dutchgirl
Quick, cute, fun and adorable story with very loveable shy MC's
Heather
Dec 27, 2017 rated it really liked it  ·  review of another edition
We have all that one person we crushed on and just hoped and prayed for an opening to get the talking going. Well, that's what Of Printers and Presents is, Ford and Vaughn have been crushing on each other and when they draw each other in the office Secret Santa that opening is before them. Sometimes just when things are looking not so great is when they really turn out to be the best thing and way better than what we hope. This short story is a lovely holiday read and even though I read it after ...more
Britney